• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Did you pre-order that as well? If not then I guess maybe that could be excused as it seems like a lot of places surprisingly sold out of it, heck I saw at least 3-4 Gamestops list it as sold out pretty much since release. Weirdly enough I also noticed that they only seemed to get in copies of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 this week despite it releasing the same day as Yakuza 0.
Yeah, I initially went to GameStop to get my copy, only to have the clerk tell me that the last one was sold out 20 minutes before. So yeah...really annoyed with the way Sega are handling this.

hank_tree

Never ever pre-order with Amazon, I find it amazing how quick they are with sending other orders yet you pre-order something and they take so long to ship.

If your pre-order hasn't shipped out the day after release,get onto support and they will upgrade you to the fastest shipping option.

NateDog

If your pre-order hasn't shipped out the day after release,get onto support and they will upgrade you to the fastest shipping option.

Yeah they did that with me with Fallout 4, but no-one should need to do this. Especially if you pre-order it on one of the first days it's listed.

Lucreto

I had to head out to Bray in that weather yesterday, that was fun.

I bet it would have been fun down at the seafront. I suspect horizontal rain was involved.

Ugh, that sounds awful.

I wanna go five guys in dundrum, but I have no one to go with. Maybe I'll go early so it won't look odd going on my own.

I am the same. I would like to try them out but I also have no one to go with. It doesn't help I live in Kildare and see no real point in making that journey alone.

It would be worse this time of year but once Valentines Day is dead and buried to me it's a bit more acceptable.

A lot of people just don't give a fuck about being seen alone in restaurants, pubs and cinemas. I think it's an Irish thing that you have to be with a gang of people when doing this type of stuff. You never see one person drinking at a pub they are always with other people. It seems more social acceptable in the US to drink alone.

NateDog

I bet it would have been fun down at the seafront. I suspect horizontal rain was involved.

It was actually just really weird being down by the seafront in that sort of weather in Winter, I rarely go near the sea in the summer as it is (apart from Howth, I love Howth on a quiet day with nice weather) but looking at how wild the weather was mixed with the sea was strange. I'm a bit weird like that in looking at the sea and its power but I almost drowned before so that's probably why heh.

NIOH HAS CONSUMED ME! Almost went 12 hours straight, just now.

I get so annoyed after dying 10 times in a row. I've only had time to play it twice for an hour or so since I got it though.

FINALLY tracked down a copy of Yakuza 0 though.

@TheOnlyOne

Catching up on GoggleBox Ireland now, really like the lad and his nan
not a fan of those two actually.

Ay, good weekend to stay inside.

Try an episode of First Dates Ireland while you're inside, this week's one was great, pure pure awkward!
First dates is actually the best thing on telly. Love when you know or recognise people on it.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Saw it on Tuesday night, I really enjoyed it.
I think I might give it a go next week, because I want...no, NEED to see The Lego Batman Movie. I need to start going to the theatre more often so I can get out of the endless quagmire (giggity!) that is Donald John Trump and his insane asylum.

acohrs

I think I might give it a go next week, because I want...no, NEED to see The Lego Batman Movie. I need to start going to the theatre more often so I can get out of the endless quagmire (giggity!) that is Donald John Trump and his insane asylum.

Don't know where you live but if there's a vue nearby, start going there. The recliner chairs make all films better!

All this american stuff had me thinking...

Is religion still a subject in most schools?

I remember a few months into secondary school a bunch of use realized we could ask to get out of that class if we got notes from home. I think we got a extra 90 minutes free a week or something.

I remember a few months into secondary school a bunch of use realized we could ask to get out of that class if we got notes from home. I think we got a extra 90 minutes free a week or something.

It is a thing, but its just general watching stuff, talking about stuff. A doss like.

PowerTaxi

Banned

I had 2 classes every week for 6 years. Movie every Tuesday and Chocolate Friday.

Fuck all actual religion stuff.

It is a thing, but its just general watching stuff, talking about stuff. A doss like.

Yeah thats what I remember. Just basically bible story time or watch a video.

In primary school I didnt care. Half the subjects back then are just that anyway. Once I hit secondary school and starting to be exposed to the wider world and meeting new people from more different backgrounds it seemed kinda strange all the Christian people had to go to this class while everyone else could get out.

I wouldn't mine if religion class was more a look at the worlds biggest religions type thing to be honest to try educate kids on the wider world on Christian, Jewish, Muslim, hindu etc

Then again I am not sure how you do that without somehow not pissing someone off. Maybe if it was part of a wider world culture class or something and religion was just a chunk of it. Like history crossed with CSPE.

acohrs

Yeah thats what I remember. Just basically bible story time or watch a video.

In primary school I didnt care. Half the subjects back then are just that anyway. Once I hit secondary school and starting to be exposed to the wider world and meeting new people from more different backgrounds it seemed kinda strange all the Christian people had to go to this class while everyone else could get out.

I wouldn't mine if religion class was more a look at the worlds biggest religions type thing to be honest to try educate kids on the wider world on Christian, Jewish, Muslim, hindu etc

Then again I am not sure how you do that without somehow not pissing someone off. Maybe if it was part of a wider world culture class or something and religion was just a chunk of it. Like history crossed with CSPE.

That sounds pretty complicated... Easiest would be to make religion a club that one can join if they want, sure most won't but some can if they want to

yeah. we watched amelie and night at the roxbury in our religion classes in senior cycle. junior cycle was learning about world religions. I was in a non denominational secondary school so everyone had to go.

Catvoca

Banned
yeah. we watched amelie and night at the roxbury in our religion classes in senior cycle. junior cycle was learning about world religions. I was in a non denominational secondary school so everyone had to go.

My RE teacher for the senior cycle was pretty openly agnostic which was weird since I went to a Christian school, and he showed us movies like Blazing Saddles and Battle Royale in our last year with him. Absolute legend.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I did religious studies for my GSCE's in England, and partly cos super catholic school, I can quote verbatim from the bible. Not a very useful skill.
Even the obscure ones?

702100.gif

706688.gif

710225.gif

acohrs

You're a terrible terrible person if true.

Then again my new swanky coat laughs at your rain (seriously best coat I've had in a while for rain proofedness)

Actually prefer cool and wet Spring, Autumn, and Winter than a hot, sunny summer. If it was the opposite, why as a foreigner would I have ever moved to Ireland?

Also have a lovely coat that keeps off all wind and water, A+ would marry

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Actually prefer cool and wet Spring, Autumn, and Winter than a hot, sunny summer. If it was the opposite, why as a foreigner would I have ever moved to Ireland?

Also have a lovely coat that keeps off all wind and water, A+ would marry
Plus it's a nice sound to fall asleep to with the window open a crack, all that rain coming down.

Top Bottom