• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IronGAF Cookoff (hosted by OnkelC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrokeJoe

I made some albondigas last week. The weather seemed right for it. It was a first time affair and it turned out great. Not quite as good as my sister in laws, but satisfying... Next time will be better.

5QuIr.jpg

a drunken line up.

VHWQo.jpg

Pretty much done.

jet1911 said:
It's surprisingly(?) easy to make.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_king_cake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PQ1RxcCv8

The "paste" in the middle is called frangipane (almond powder (100gr) + eggs (2) + sugar (100gr) + butter (75gr) iirc) and the dough is puff pastry. It's really good. :D

Yay! Galette des rois, funnest cake ever. I have tried to make it a couple of times, but I can never find puff pastry that I like in the US. And good pate feuilletee/puff pastry is a bitch to make yourself.

edit: i hope you didn't forget the little token inside :D

5345554246_22ea94ca35.jpg

A simple, one pot, hearty, filling stew.

Ingredients:

1 bunch collard greens

1 bunch swiss chard

1 onion

1 medium-sized carrot

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more to taste)

1/2 tsp smoked paprika

1 tsp aleppo pepper (optional)

half a lemon

1 can cannellini beans

2 cups broth

2 cups water

1 handful whatever leftover dried pasta is around

salt, pepper, and olive oil

Instructions:

In a soup pot, pour in enough olive oil to cover the bottom and put it on medium-low heat. Dice the onion and put in the oil. Put in a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Do the same for the carrots which go in right after the onions. Stir and let them soften. In the meantime, wash the greens and separate the stems of the chard. Dice the chard stems into the same size as the carrots and onions and put them in and give them a stir.

While the onions, carrots, and stems are cooking down, wash and shake dry the rest of the greens. I separated the collards from their stems and discarded the stems. Roughly chop the leaves. They can be left pretty large since they shrink while cooking.

When the onions and stems are tender, throw in the rest of the leaves and give it a stir. Then put in the cayenne pepper, aleppo pepper (if you have it) and stir to combine. Once the leaves are wilted and tender, open the can of beans and pour that in, soaking liquid and all. I guess you can rinse the beans, but I think the liquid gives the soup a nice thickness.

Pour in the broth and water and stir to combine. Put the pasta in, cover the pot, leaving the lid ajar so it doesn’t boil over, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is done. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, add more salt and pepper to taste, ladle into bowls and then serve with some crusty bread. I had some cheese in the fridge, so I grated that over the soup.

CRS

UrokeJoe said:
I made some albondigas last week. The weather seemed right for it. It was a first time affair and it turned out great. Not quite as good as my sister in laws, but satisfying... Next time will be better.

Yessssssssssssss. I love albondigas. This reminds me that I need to get my mom's recipe for hers.

Maiar_m said:
My first go at peanut butter!

As always, click for recipe, but why would you need one Oo?

You take such great pictures! From your post, peanut butter seems easy to make. Maybe I'll attempt that next time I get peanuts from the store. I always thought you needed some sort of grinder like a coffee bean grinder for peanut butter. I didn't know you could make it so easily in the blender. I wonder if I can do it in the food processor?

Maiar_m

Actually, I meant food processor more then I meant blender. What you need is a machine with blades rather than just a steel propeller of some sort. I should clarify that in the recipe ^^ Ah, foreign languages...

Axion22

Haven't been doing anything new or creative since I've been in the middle of a move, but that's done with now.

Wanted to drop by to bring this deal up: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30101168
7-piece cookware set for $39.99. (I'd call it a 4-piece, since I don't think counting lids is fair)
They're good quality stuff, nice thick bottoms on everything, and the pots have fluid measuring lines in them!

I don't know how they rate against the best stuff, but for basically $10 a piece, the quality is excellent. I'm impressed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zyzyxxz said:
I've stopped my crazy experiments for now but from time to time I use it when I need to cook several things for dinner and don't have the time to baby sit individual dishes. Last week I sealed 5 pork chops in a bag and immersed them in a water bath @ 133F.
Do I need more or less time to cook pork using this method compared to the duck? I tried it today and the pork was cooked pretty thoroughly, whereas I'm looking for a bit of blood (unless that's unsanitary for pork?)

Zyzyxxz

Halycon said:
Do I need more or less time to cook pork using this method compared to the duck? I tried it today and the pork was cooked pretty thoroughly, whereas I'm looking for a bit of blood (unless that's unsanitary for pork?)

If your pork is thin and you are going to sear it after you take it out of the water bath I'd recommend something low like 130-133

Last time I did a pork tenderloin this is what I did:

http://lestomac.tumblr.com/post/933639050/pork-tenderloin-cooked-sous-vide

UrokeJoe said:

http://i.imgur.com/5QuIr.jpg[IMG]

a drunken line up.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VHWQo.jpg[IMG]

Pretty much done.[/QUOTE]
Love albondigas. It's also hella fun to say too.

ShinAmano

So I got a late Christmas present a new grilling book. So I can't decide if I want to do ribs or pulled pork this weekend. In the past I have had great success with pulled pork and only minor success with ribs.

I am thinking a nice slow cooked butt would be great for the games this weekend...so i might pull a recipe out for that and toss the butt on the egg Friday night and let it cook for the next 16 or so hours...

I may do a wing recipe after that...so bbq and wings sound good? :D

CRS

Axion22 said:
Haven't been doing anything new or creative since I've been in the middle of a move, but that's done with now.

Wanted to drop by to bring this deal up: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30101168
7-piece cookware set for $39.99. (I'd call it a 4-piece, since I don't think counting lids is fair)
They're good quality stuff, nice thick bottoms on everything, and the pots have fluid measuring lines in them!

I don't know how they rate against the best stuff, but for basically $10 a piece, the quality is excellent. I'm impressed.

Speaking of deals, Amazon's selling a Chicago Cutlery 18-Piece Knife Block Set at 6:00 AM PST.

MrBig

Would a recipe like this be good to make into a full loaf of bread with a bread maker? I love the taste and feel of dinner rolls and have always wanted to have a full loaf in all their glory :lol

My neighbor found a bread maker in his closet and had no use for it so he gave it to me.

e: Wow, that recipe is actually for bread machines :D

dvdjamm

If this can help 1 person...
How To Boil Water

Boiling water is essential to many recipes. If you have never cooked before, don't worry. It is not as difficult as it may appear. This recipe will guide you through the process, even if you have never set foot in a kitchen.

Special equipment: 12-quart stockpot
Ingredients

serves 48, cooking time 5 minutes, total time varies

Water
Procedures

Open your cupboard or wherever it is you store your cookware.

Locate a 12-quart stockpot. If you do not have a 12-quart stockpot, you may use whatever size pot you have; in that event, keep in mind that serving size here is 1 cup and there are 4 cups in a quart. Do the math.

Place your pot in the sink under the tap. If you have never used a sink before, it is the large depression in your counter top. (If you live with someone else, they may have filled it with dirty dishes; in this case, wash them or simply remove them from the sink and place them in the oven — someone else will eventually discover them there and wash them.)

Turn the cold-water knob to the "on" position. Some people (like my dad) prefer to let the water run a little bit. This is optional but encouraged — if it's a hot day or someone has previously used the "hot" water knob, the warmer water will eventually be replaced by truly cold water.

Fill stockpot to within a couple inches of the rim.

Lift stockpot from sink and transfer to stove. (Although appearances may vary, the stove is the thing with 4 or more circular metal bands on top of it; alternately, it may be a completely flat black glass surface. If you are unsure, ask your family, roommate, or neighbor for guidance.)

Find knob on stove that corresponds to the "burner" you have placed your pot on. In addition to words like "Right Front" or "Left Rear," there are usually little pictures near the knobs to indicate position.

Turn knob to "High" and wait until water boils. Depending on strength of your stove and amount of water, the boiling time may vary. Note: DO NOT WATCH THE POT; it will never boil in the event that you do.

Boiled water may be used for any number of applications. Serve hot but do not drink.

Alternate methods

Depending on water application, you may want to salt the water. Do this after the water has come to a boil.

Placing a lid on the pot will help it boil faster, with the additional benefit of blocking water from your line of sight, which, as stated above, inhibits the boiling process.
http://www.seriouseats.com/talk/2010/07/boiled-water-recipe.html

Zyzyxxz

Axion22 said:

Oh I love the pots! Especially the saucepan! The nonstick pan is really nice too but you gotta take really good care of it, mine wore out after a year. Love the design and heavy bottomness but I'm somewhat against non-stock coatings due to the leeching of chemicals into food over time.

For the pots alone its worth it though.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Zyzyxxz said:
Oh I love the pots! Especially the saucepan! The nonstick pan is really nice too but you gotta take really good care of it, mine wore out after a year. Love the design and heavy bottomness but I'm somewhat against non-stock coatings due to the leeching of chemicals into food over time.

For the pots alone its worth it though.

Definitely gonna try to head to one this weekend. Was gonna anyway, but your endorsement put me over the top.

Anyone have a decent dal makhani recipe? Haven't had indian in a while and figured I'd try it at home.

Zyzyxxz said:
I'm somewhat against non-stock coatings due to the leeching of chemicals into food over time.
are there any that don't do this? i'm looking to buy a couple good non-stick pans to compliment my cast-iron.

Any good guides on how to season a cast iron skillet, i bought a pre-seasoned lodge logic skillet from amazon and one of the reviews said the skillet wasn't seasoned and i wanted to know whats the best way to get it done

Stalfos

magnificent83 said:
Any good guides on how to season a cast iron skillet, i bought a pre-seasoned lodge logic skillet from amazon and one of the reviews said the skillet wasn't seasoned and i wanted to know whats the best way to get it done
This video gives a good quick guide. I never did the whole surface but it won't hurt since rust can develop anywhere and that is partly what seasoning the outside is protecting against. Once you start cooking with it you will continue to build the seasoning. I now will wash out the pan by just wiping it out with a paper towel, adding some salt if I need to scrub something off. If you ever get it wet, dry it thoroughly since you don't want rust.

He was one of those factory pre-seasoned skillets, though, which is apparently all that Lodge makes anymore.

If you want, you can take steel wool to it until you're down to bare metal, and then grease it up and season it in the oven a suggested in that video or anywhere else on the web. You could even sand down the inside to get it as smooth as possible before seasoning it, as I believe someone in this thread did not too long ago.

If you go that route, I would only bother with the inside of the pan, as the factory seasoning will be fine for protecting the outside from rusting.

Otherwise, you can try it as-is for a while and see how it works out for you, since you can always go back to the steel wool (and optionally sand paper) later on if need be.

Stalfos

Ah yeah I guess if its pre-seasoned there would be no need to season the outside of the pan. From what I've read though its still recommended to go through and season the inside with the technique anyway.

I've never heard about rubbing down the surface with steel wool or sanding it to get the smooth surface. My pans don't have the smoothest of surfaces so I might look into that.

slidewinder said:
You could even sand down the inside to get it as smooth as possible before seasoning it, as I believe someone in this thread did not too long ago.
that was me. seems like with all the modern cast iron pans they never smooth them down at all (cheaper to mass-produce i'm sure). they just cover them with that "pre-seasoning" coating.

i used an electric sander on the inside with various grades of sandpaper until it was totally smooth, then seasoned before using. kind of extreme but i'm really happy with the results.

Yes Boss!

SnakeXs said:
Definitely gonna try to head to one this weekend. Was gonna anyway, but your endorsement put me over the top.

Anyone have a decent dal makhani recipe? Haven't had indian in a while and figured I'd try it at home.
Yeah,

I do have my great Dal Mahkani recipe! No longer have a computer, a kitchen, and I now live in Germany but I'll try to find the post that detailed my steps for a perfect batch and give some pointers...

EDIT: guess I never posted an actual recipe. Here is what it looks like (I use a pressure cooker for the beans):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17227362&postcount=5656

I'll post the steps shortly...on an iPhone so it might take a moment lol So good, though!

Zyzyxxz

scissorfight said:
are there any that don't do this? i'm looking to buy a couple good non-stick pans to compliment my cast-iron.

I've heard good things about Calphalons hard-anodized cookware but have not really used it myself.

The newer Calphalon nonstick sear are actually oven safe up to a certain temp and seem like they are high quality but if long term test show they still wear out then the risks is still there.

Honestly I try to never use my nonstick, only for certain fish that I don't want to stick at all or certain egg dishes. Otherwise I'm using my cast iron and carbon steel pans all the time and letting the seasoning get really nice.

gotta remember to start taking photos of stuff for this thread. I bought a slow-cooker over christmas, this one.

it has a cast aluminium insert so you can brown your meats and such on the stovetop then just put the insert into the slowcooker. Yes it's nonstick, but such is life. It's either that or those plastoceramico inserts that melt when they get too hot. So far I've done a lamb madras, a pork and apple roast, and home-made baked beans + chunks of pork belly. The pan juices after the roast was done (started with some stock underneath to begin with) were delicious and once I managed to stop myself from drinking them like soup, they were frozen and became the liquid for the baked beans.

That Dahl Makhani posted above looks delicious and possibly suitable for such an endeavor.

Yes Boss!

Ok, here is the Dal Makhani Ingredients and steps. Fairly simple dish for the incredible amount of flavor. It does take some time though.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cup dried black un-hulled urad dal, soaked for one hour
1 cup dried rajma/kidney beans, soaked for one hour.
1 T oil, vegetable or ghee if you have it
1 T cumin seed
1/2 tsp of hing/asfoetida
Whole garam masala (1 cinnamon stick, 6 whole cloves, 6 green cardamon pods, piece of mace, 2 bay leaves)
2 T ginger/garlic paste
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric

3 whole fresh tomatoes
2 fresh green chiles (thai or serrano)

1 T red chili powder
1 T heaping coriander powder
1-2 teaspoons salt (regular, not sea or kosher)

1 stick of butter (salted or unsalted, either work)
Clump of kasoori methi/dried fenugreek

1/4 cup heavy cream
Finely chopped fresh coriander/cilantro

INITIAL PREP:

Mix the two different dried bean together, wash then soak in double its volume of water.

After soaking put everything in a pressure cooker and cook for thirty minutes. Check to see if rajmas are cooked through and have started to slightly crack. If not then continue cooking for five minutes under pressure in the cooker. Don't worry about the urad dal over-cooking. They are a tough little bean and their texture will remain. Drain the beans and reserve the bean-cooking juice.

Make the ginger/garlic paste. Blend equal parts, by weight, gresh garlic and fresh ginger with oil to emulsify.

Put the tomatoes and green chilis into a blender and puree them to liquid, seeds and all. If they still have stems add those as well!

Chop the onion and cilantro. Don't worry about oxidation or wilting on the cilantro...it will disappear into the dish at the end.

Portion out all other ingredients. This is important since you will need to use some of them in rapid sequence.

COOKING THE DISH:

Heat oil to medium-high in a large metal flat-bottom pan. Metal is reccomended for the heat...stainless, cast-iron, or hard-anodized will do.

Add the whole corriander seed and wait till they crackle and burst...about thirty seconds.

Quickly add the hing for twenty seconds.

Quickly add the whole garam masala for thirty seconds, stirring so all spices have a chance to fry and release their oils.

Quickly add the ginger/garlic paste for thirty seconds or a minute to you smell it had cooked off.

Add the finely chopped onion and salt. This stops the the fried spices from burning and buys you five minutes.

Once the onions have sweated and turned translucent then add the tomato/green chili puree and bring to a boil.

Add the dried corriander and red chili powder.

You will now reduce this mixture for five ro ten minutes, boiling the spices till oil starts to bubble at the surface. It will turn a dark red.

Add the stick of butter and stir in.

Add 1-2 cups of reserved bean juice. Or water if you did not save the juice. Bring to a boil.

Add the cooked bean mixture, stir and bring to a boil.

Add the kasoori methi/dried fenugreek. But, crumble it to a powder form. It is brittle and will powderize easily...you just don't want twigs in the dish.

Reduce to low and cover. Cook for thirty minutes to an hour, stirring every five minutes. If it gets too dry then add a little more water here and there as needed.

Uncover and stir in heavy cream and cook for a minute or two. Check your salt levels and add more if needed.

Stir in chopped cilantro/fresh corriander and remove from heat.

You can remove the cinnamon stick and bay leaves if desired. I leave them in. Don't worry about removing the cardamon, mace and whole cloves...they will have broken down considetably and are hidden bursts of taste when encountered while eating.

N5PTV.jpg

Yep, that time again!

Cheese: Paneer
Special Seasoning: Jerk
Invisible this time around Crumble: Joseph Banks Cassava Chips Chili & Kaffir Lime

Indeed, good times tonight even with an anti-melt cheese like this one----just tasty and the Jerk seasoning somehow really kicked up the Spicy Sopressata in particular. Ditto for the Cassava chips, things I had never heard of prior to picking up that one bag at the food section of a Marshall's but now would hope to come across in more varieties.

Though I lost a local BJ's recently that I copied all that cheese info from via their Book of Cheeses---I did manage to score a few new, spirits infused cheeses to trudge onward with while I try to make it back to the Farmer's Market to take some proper notes this time.

Sideline: Hemp Oil IS pretty damn spiffy----had some with a Spaghetti-ish concoction I call The Slop that is made from Soba noodles, my special sauce, Ground Buffalo or Venison, Grated Romano, Mixed Herbs earlier this week and it had a rather nice taste indeed.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Winter Warmer Soup Time: Butternut Squash.

I split the squash in two and drizzled on some honey and cubes of butter, then alved some large potatoes around it with some olive oil and rock salt. Put them in the oven for 45 minutes on a high heat.
DSC_0122.jpg

In a large saucepan I chopped up some onion, garlic and a piece of bacon, and fried them in butter until soft and starting to caramelize.
DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

Then I added a litre of chicken stock, the potatoes and scooped out the butternut flesh.
DSC_0125.jpg

Once it was bubbling, I turned it off the heat, blitzed it with a blender and added some black pepper and a good scoop of soft cheese to melt into it.
DSC_0126.jpg

All that was left was to serve it! I made some cheese scones yesterday so I put one on the side.
DSC_0127.jpg

Mmm, lovely and creamy. My ma makes a nice curried parsnip soup, I NEED that recipe.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wow that looks awesome! And easy to make.

Yesterday I made maple syrup pork roast.

Here is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roast-Pork-with-Maple-and-Mustard-Glaze/Detail.aspx

Picture from Allrecipes.com (not mine)
426177.jpg

It's so easy to make, and it's delicious! I still have half of it left for tonight, and I kept the sauce for cooking other meats later this week. I suggest adding fresh rosemary on the side in your plate, and just push some of it onto the sweet mapley pork. The mix of pine-like bitterness and sweet maple syrup is INCREDIBLE. I ate this with a side of sweet potatoes.

Zyzyxxz said:
I've heard good things about Calphalons hard-anodized cookware but have not really used it myself.

The newer Calphalon nonstick sear are actually oven safe up to a certain temp and seem like they are high quality but if long term test show they still wear out then the risks is still there.

Honestly I try to never use my nonstick, only for certain fish that I don't want to stick at all or certain egg dishes. Otherwise I'm using my cast iron and carbon steel pans all the time and letting the seasoning get really nice.

Just wondering, what is the difference between Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel?

Never used carbon steel and looking to get a couple of new pans.

Zyzyxxz

cartoon_soldier said:
Just wondering, what is the difference between Stainless Steel and Carbon Steel?

Never used carbon steel and looking to get a couple of new pans.

stainless steel is very versatile and can cook everything easily except eggs and fish (those take practice or lots of oil too). They sear well and can handle very high temperatures in the oven and are lightweight compared to cast iron pans.

Carbon steel is prone to rusting so you take care of it like a cast iron pan. Season it with fat/lard/oil. Never wash with soap. Keep it lightly greased to prevent rusting.

It is lightweight, oven friendly, heats faster than cast iron, develops a nice seasoning too. Pretty much combines most of the pros of both stainless steel and cast iron. Although you have to take care of it like a cast iron and you must never use metal utensils and avoid cooking acidic items or they may develop a metallic taste such as tomatoes. Carbon steel will not gain a season as well as a cast iron but its still pretty close to non stick eventually.

Zyzyxxz said:
stainless steel is very versatile and can cook everything easily except eggs and fish (those take practice or lots of oil too). They sear well and can handle very high temperatures in the oven and are lightweight compared to cast iron pans.

Carbon steel is prone to rusting so you take care of it like a cast iron pan. Season it with fat/lard/oil. Never wash with soap. Keep it lightly greased to prevent rusting.

It is lightweight, oven friendly, heats faster than cast iron, develops a nice seasoning too. Pretty much combines most of the pros of both stainless steel and cast iron. Although you have to take care of it like a cast iron and you must never use metal utensils and avoid cooking acidic items or they may develop a metallic taste such as tomatoes. Carbon steel will not gain a season as well as a cast iron but its still pretty close to non stick eventually.

cool, might get one to try it out. Thanks!!

Edit: Dinner Tonight, Steak again

5SKbC.jpg

Recipe used was one I had read sometime back on a forum.

Main thing was, after sear when I put it in the oven, also went in:
Butter
Garlic
Thyme
Rosemary

Served with Carmalized Onions and Baked Potato.

First time cooking it that way, was awesome.

Was wondering though if I can use the leftover juices to create some sort of a sauce?

Zyzyxxz

Add red wine and shallots and reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.

Or combine heavy cream with a little bit of mustard and some cognac for a mustard sauce.

rykomatsu

Halycon said:
Ghetto Duck Sous Vide

I think it turned out pretty well. I had frozen my duck breasts into little lumps, so the crisping was uneven. Then I accidentally cooked the duck while defrosting. And I forgot to suck the air out of ziplock bag, so I needed something to weigh it down. I have one more duck breast left and I'll try it again tomorrow with some rice and vegetables.

It's very tender and juicy and so easy too! (unless you had to cut your own duck like I did)

How did the second attempt go? Also, what are you using for your sous vide apparatus? I've been messing around with it using a large ice chest and really really like the results it gives. And it saves a of time to do other things while waiting too.

Ordered all (or atleast most) of the parts to make my own circulator :)

Zyzyxxz said:
Add red wine and shallots and reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.

Or combine heavy cream with a little bit of mustard and some cognac for a mustard sauce.

Ok thanks.

Looks like I will have to buy some red wine and try that.

Alucrid

Banned
So I bought some sweet turkey sausage today and I hope to make sausage scallopini tomorrow. What's the best way to cook sausage?

Zyzyxxz

Getting back on my sous vide groove I decided to go with Snake River Farms American style Wagyu beef. Ribeyes and New York steaks are so damn expensive though but what about chuck steak? When it comes to regular shit quality factory farmed beef its tough, low in marbling, and takes a long time to cook but it has such good beefy flavor.

Wagyu chuck steak has very intense marbling and it takes well to cooking medium rare so I did a butter and rosemary poached chuck steaks @ 120 F for 3 hours.
5362206479_48a1d2b3c7_b.jpg

While leaving that to be it freed me up to do my other prep work. First I saw some beautiful rainbow baby carrots at the Santa Monica Farmers Market that I just had to buy along with some baby potatoes from elsewhere.
5362206647_183d6bd454_o.jpg

Plated:
5362206805_bc554c20c6_o.jpg

Seabass with quinoa
5362206955_bd03c4c2b9_o.jpg

MelloBoy

Neo Member
Zyzyxxz said:
Getting back on my sous vide groove I decided to go with Snake River Farms American style Wagyu beef. Ribeyes and New York steaks are so damn expensive though but what about chuck steak? When it comes to regular shit quality factory farmed beef its tough, low in marbling, and takes a long time to cook but it has such good beefy flavor.

Wagyu chuck steak has very intense marbling and it takes well to cooking medium rare so I did a butter and rosemary poached chuck steaks @ 120 F for 3 hours.

How did the chuck steak turn out? I've found that using oil/butter as a "marinade" of sorts seems to pull the flavor out of the meat itself...ie. fat soluble tastes end up in the butter rather than remaining in the meat itself. I end up with highly aromatic butter mixed with a little bit of the meat juices, but the meat I've found tastes a little more bland.

Looks great, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom