• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back with Playstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Gamers are already upset by the actions that Playstation is doing, like what happened with Concord.

First they start with the censorship of video games, which is annoying, They release garbage games like Destruction all Stars, The cancellation of the last of us factions, Then the failure of concord, foamstars... With wolverine There are already 5 mediocre games that ruin the PlayStation brand.

It is not possible that they put in the incopetent of Jim ryan and Helmen Hulst who only wants to market Horizon.

With all those losses and buget, they could have made sequels to Gravity rush, Socom, Siren, Infamous, Days gone, Bloodborne or a Team ICO game.

Or an IP from Japan Studio.

The worst thing is put the Mediocre Neil Druckmann as CEO.

That's all that's missing.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They could have made sequels to Gravity Rush, and in the process thrown money into a furnace

Are you selling your system? If not, then...

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

Last edited:
The thing about Concord is that most of the general public never even knew it existed. Only in gaming spaces people are talking about this.
I was trying to mention this situation to some of my friends yesterday and i was always interrupted by "What's Concord?"

Most gamers aren't upset. They actually just spend more time playing games than discussing them in forums and twitter.

Stuff like GTAVI releasing next year alone is going to make the world set on fire and no one will care for other games for a while. The fact Sony has basically an exclusive game like this (let's face it...way more than 50% of the game's sales will come from PS5) is enough.

And Wolverine is a failure? Did i miss something? Are you judging a game by the leak of a pre-alpha version that may not even be similar to the final game?

simpatico

Gold Member
We know that no brand lasts forever. PlayStation has a long way to go, but I wonder, when it’s all said and done will we be able to draw a straight line between Concord and the death of PlayStation?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Gamers are already upset by the actions that Playstation is doing, like what happened with Concord.

First they start with the censorship of video games, which is annoying, They release garbage games like Destruction all Stars, The cancellation of the last of us factions, Then the failure of concord, foamstars... With wolverine There are already 5 mediocre games that ruin the PlayStation brand.

It is not possible that they put in the incopetent of Jim ryan and Helmen Hulst who only wants to market Horizon.

With all those losses and buget, they could have made sequels to Gravity rush, Socom, Siren, Infamous, Days gone, Bloodborne or a Team ICO game.

These threads are so damn dumb.

You people have your head so far up your ass.

You're already calling Wolverine a failure...

get the fuck outta here...

RCU005

Neil directed one of the greatest games in Playstation history with the Last of Us series.

You're completely ignoring all the great games Playstation has released this generation

Stop being dramatic.

I wouldn’t complain about Neil being CEO or Worldwide Studios Head if he focuses on great single player experiences. However, I do think that Hulst will be the Bob Chapek of PlayStation.

PlayStation hasn’t released many great games this gen to say “ignoring ALL the great games” así if they were more than 5.

PS5 has great games, but definitely just very few have come from PS Studios (Stellar Blade for example, doesn’t count because it wasn’t developed by them).

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Most people don't give a shit about censoring some arse crack in DMC V. Let alone the niche weeb games that get properly censored.

Who's to say Factions wouldn't of been a giant mess being a GAAS, just like destruction allstars and concord.

Arrogant Sony are back and you better get used to it. Bloody nose from Concord or not. They'll keep trying and not give a shit if you don't like it.

Last edited:

HogIsland

None of these is worse than raising the price of PSN to $80/yr.

There should be no subscription to play online games. It only benefits free to play and hurts more ambitious multiplayer games like Remnant 2.

The thing about Concord is that most of the general public never even knew it existed. Only in gaming spaces people are talking about this.
I was trying to mention this situation to some of my friends yesterday and i was always interrupted by "What's Concord?"

I have buddies about 5 who I game with every other day. These guys play games daily. I didn't even bother mentioning the Concord open beta cause I assumed they already knew. I join the party chat to play with them and they have no idea what Concord is.

I have buddies about 5 who I game with every other day. These guys play games daily. I didn't even bother mentioning the Concord open beta cause I assumed they already knew. I join the party chat to play with them and they have no idea what Concord is.
This is a game that had 20 people playing yesterday. I had more people at my birthday party. No one knew what it was and the ones that did...hated it. Sony did the best thing by pretending it just didn't exist and moving on. (at least i seriously hope that's what they are doing)

Shwing

Eh?
For starters Foamstars is from Square-Enix, and secondly ALL platforms have their duds (first & third party). Hopefully they will learn from this as they move forward though.

Puscifer

Op, you could always just get a PC. No need to limit yourself to just Playstation games.

Pledging Your allegiance to companies will always leave you disappointed.
Seriously, it's why I laugh at these post. I have to be honest when I say sometimes it's clearly obvious who has nothing but gaming going on their lives. I haven't really played anything in weeks, but I've also been riding my bike and enjoying concerts too much to care.

Who cares, it's just video games fellas. Go outside. Seriously.

Ozriel

M$FT

None of the gamers I know in real life care about any of that. They’re happy with their PlayStation gaming this generation.

I have no idea how someone who has had fun playing Stellar Blade is supposed to care about Destruction All Stars from 2020

SHA

Aren't the guys at take 2 steal all the talents around the world? do not underestimate the power of 3rd party publishers, this is capitalism 101, it doesn't matter for the end user if he gets the next Bioshock Infinite and other high profile games.

Muffdraul

I just finally got around to finally playing the Horizon Burning Shores DLC, so I'm pretty pumped for Horizon 3 right now. Also, TLOU2 is arguably the best Playstation game in the history of the console, IMO. So while I'd really like to, I just can't get into the spirit of your butt hurt rant. Sorry friendo 😐

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah OP, they don't make anything that appeals to me either. Too much cinematic and marvel stuff.

Maybe it's time you consider going the PC route, far more options there.

PatientGamer

Gold Member
wtf is OP prattling on about. Almost all of those IPs & games you listed won't sell barely anything to justify the modern game development spend required.

As much as Sony's messed up with their GaaS strategy.. they have released a good number of hitters this generation.

Just look at what's coming in 2 days time lol.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Jaffe said that while Jimbo pushed for GaaS, it was Herman who wanted all Japanese studios shut down.

Making Neil CEO of ND made no sense because hes not a day to day operations/business guy and he just wants to make TV shows and have his picture taken at hollywood events.

These guys are all clueless. Sony rode the success of the PS4 to a great start to this gen, but its clear that the fanbase has been unhappy for a while:

• Awful state of plays
  • Constantly skipping gamescom and E3s
  • Terrible investments in third party moneyhats like deathpool, ghostwire tokyo, godfall, and forspoken.
  • Terrible investments in gaas trash like Fairgames, deviation games, and Concord.
  • Terrible investment in Bungie.
  • Constant price hikes on consoles and subscriptions despite posting record profits
  • Layoffs and studio closures despite posting record profits
  • Long Cross gen push after shitting on Phil Spencer for doing just that
  • Terrible investment in PSVR2
They ignored all these complaints because they were still making money. Well, now they have seen two straight quarters of falling YoY sales, and now they have a huge bomb on their hands. Chickens finally coming home to roost.

Bernardougf

Oh fuck ...you called out Cuckman ... the defense force is now hearing the drums.

Almost no one is aware of any of this stuff let alone the general gaming public.
I think you need to step back and breathe. ha!
btw wolverine is slated for like 2026 and it's playable now . . . they'll polish the hell out of it.
Sony PlayStation Elite Task Squad assembled and ready to go! We will defend Sony at all costs!

Seriously though, anytime someone has a critique of anything PlayStation you get told to go outside or touch grass. Never seen anything like it tbh 😂

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Concord was a bust.

But helldivers 2 was a raging success, fans love ff7 rebirth, rumors are spreading of a showcase, secret first party meetings with influencers and astrobot is about to release with a silent Hill 2 remake on the horizon.

No camels back has be broken, they just made some bad game decisions, they'll also make good game decisions, Like astrobot.

Everything will be fine and 99% of the population of gamers will continue to play cod and fc like nothings changed

Saber

They can aways double down on their own stupidity and stil launch those politically games blaming gamers.
What I want really is that to happen so they can have a reason to clean up all the rotten in the company.

btw wolverine is slated for like 2026 and it's playable now . . . they'll polish the hell out of it.

I don't think polish will save Wolverine if they end up going for the social route and get all drama. Wolverine is literally the opposite of everything modern Sony stands for.

Last edited:

Three

Op, you could always just get a PC. No need to limit yourself to just Playstation games.

Pledging Your allegiance to companies will always leave you disappointed.
To play what releases, deadlock? Their grievance is that Sony aren't investing enough in the type of games s/he likes like Gravity Rush, Siren, Infamous, Days gone, Bloodborne or Team ICO games. That's not really going to be fulfilled by getting a PC instead is it. PS5 gets almost all the releases PC gets plus more when it comes to these type of big games.

Last edited:

Cakeboxer

Get a pc, play everything with the best graphics, the best performance, the best input devices, have the best prices for games, don't pay for online gaming, enjoy thousands of pc exclusives and millions of mods. And yes you can do this in your living room on your 75" Oled and no you don't have to have an university degree in order to operate it. Problem solved

Zacfoldor

Jaffe said that while Jimbo pushed for GaaS, it was Herman who wanted all Japanese studios shut down.

Making Neil CEO of ND made no sense because hes not a day to day operations/business guy and he just wants to make TV shows and have his picture taken at hollywood events.

These guys are all clueless. Sony rode the success of the PS4 to a great start to this gen, but its clear that the fanbase has been unhappy for a while:

• Awful state of plays
  • Constantly skipping gamescom and E3s
  • Terrible investments in third party moneyhats like deathpool, ghostwire tokyo, godfall, and forspoken.
  • Terrible investments in gaas trash like Fairgames, deviation games, and Concord.
  • Terrible investment in Bungie.
  • Constant price hikes on consoles and subscriptions despite posting record profits
  • Layoffs and studio closures despite posting record profits
  • Long Cross gen push after shitting on Phil Spencer for doing just that
  • Terrible investment in PSVR2
They ignored all these complaints because they were still making money. Well, now they have seen two straight quarters of falling YoY sales, and now they have a huge bomb on their hands. Chickens finally coming home to roost.
It has always felt like to me that they blew their load early on AAAs which is actually pretty okay, but what they are missing is AA games and studios and they seem to want to fill those in with games like Ronin and Stellar Blade and I think they have done a pretty fair job.

They have screwed up the multiplayer games though. At least they have one success. Without Helldivers 2, I think a lot more people would share your opinion. They have definitely made some dumb moves, but not catastrophic moves like Microsoft. Playstation will recover from this, Xbox won't, and Valve will take their place.

ElCasual

Neil directed one of the greatest games in Playstation history with the Last of Us series.

You're completely ignoring all the great games Playstation has released this generation

Stop being dramatic.
Sorry, what GREAT games Playstation has released this generation?
Demons, Returnal were made in the era of Layden. Insomniac with Spider 2 the plot is trash with DEI agenda.
Ragnarok was a flop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom