• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back with Playstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven117

We are just living through some bad decisions that were made a few years ago chasing GaaS. They aren’t “doomed.” The ship will be righted as soon as we clear all this sludge from the pipeline.

This thread is horse shit. Concord flopped because it’s garbage, period. It doesn’t matter who released it, it’s ass. Most people don’t even know it exists, that’s how bad it is. You’re living too much inside GAF and thinking the whole world gives a shit about the things that you care about here or discuss.

Playstation is doing extremely well and will continue to do extremely well for the near future. By this time tomorrow AstroBot reviews will be out and the only thing people will be talking about is how great it is and most will forget what the hell Concord was. Nothing you typed in this thread is remotely close to being accurate or true lol. LMAO @ thinking the Wolverine game won’t be another mega success for Sony and Insomniac.

Last edited:
I dunno, but the series created, written and directed by Neil is it's way to sell more than 50m. units. Don't think Japan Studio would have come to that in many decades.

But everything else is bullshit, Concord is the biggest flop for Sony and possibly the biggest ever, and still won't do any real damage (financially) for Sony.

Niche games will continue to be Niche, Syphon Filter, MediEvil, and many many more would sell like shit nowadays.

Beechos

Jesus. Do people just expect sony to only release amazing games only till the end of time? They were due for a slump. Just like people think ms will be forever making trash games.

Gamers are already upset by the actions that Playstation is doing, like what happened with Concord.

First they start with the censorship of video games, which is annoying, They release garbage games like Destruction all Stars, The cancellation of the last of us factions, Then the failure of concord, foamstars... With wolverine There are already 5 mediocre games that ruin the PlayStation brand.

It is not possible that they put in the incopetent of Jim ryan and Helmen Hulst who only wants to market Horizon.

With all those losses and buget, they could have made sequels to Gravity rush, Socom, Siren, Infamous, Days gone, Bloodborne or a Team ICO game.

Or an IP from Japan Studio.

The worst thing is put the Mediocre Neil Druckmann as CEO.

That's all that's missing.
And now you know how Xbox fans feel…

P.S (that’s ‘post script’ not ‘playstation’ 😁) while both sides were on the GaaS hunt…Nintendo was just biding their time since they’re ten years behind tech-wise and didn’t have a hope in hell of a GaaS success on the current hardware or competing in visuals...in the end they’ll beat both just through their first party single player games and that at a fraction of the price to make.

Sometimes it pays not to compete tech-wise and just make likeable games…

Last edited:

K' Dash

What?

That was last year, probably over 20M sold now, or close too.

Commercially it was a success, that was a given. The game was immensely inferior to GOW 2018, all over the place, bad writing, padded as fuck and the best area is fucking optional.

Horizon FW is worse than ZD, Spidey 2 is a bad sequel packed with forced inclusion and politics, Ratchet was terrible compared to the previous games.

I hope Sony can do a PS3 style turnaround because this gen has been a total clusterfuck.

bitbydeath

Commercially it was a success, that was a given. The game was immensely inferior to GOW 2018, all over the place, bad writing, padded as fuck and the best area is fucking optional.

Horizon FW is worse than ZD, Spidey 2 is a bad sequel packed with forced inclusion and politics, Ratchet was terrible compared to the previous games.

I hope Sony can do a PS3 style turnaround because this gen has been a total clusterfuck.
I prefer Ragnarok over the 2018 one, better story, actually has boss fights, better gameplay, better graphics, better everything really.

Rayderism

All I want is the woke garbage to go away.
Well that, and a complete Motorstorm series remaster would be nice.
As far as I'm concerned, they can shove all the shooters. I don't play those anyway.

Zxnoshima

Banned
All I want is the woke garbage to go away.
Well that, and a complete Motorstorm series remaster would be nice.
As far as I'm concerned, they can shove all the shooters. I don't play those anyway.
What exactly is "woke" at this point? other than some fat and black female character?

SantaBanana

Neo Member
What exactly is "woke" at this point? other than some fat and black female character?
Right, it wasnt...

OzG3694.jpeg

The denial is real

DarkstarRising13

Neo Member
Woke is the umbrella term for everything surrounding D.E.I., the acronym for "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion."

It's basically a disgusting form of black supremacy backed up and fully supported by the companies Blackrock and Vanguard to force many sections of society such as the entertainment section of society to contend with this bullshit endeavor; otherwise, they will receive no investments from them. Trust me; video game companies are kissing up to this garbage because these two companies are worth TRILLIONS.

bundylove

Gamers are already upset by the actions that Playstation is doing, like what happened with Concord.

First they start with the censorship of video games, which is annoying, They release garbage games like Destruction all Stars, The cancellation of the last of us factions, Then the failure of concord, foamstars... With wolverine There are already 5 mediocre games that ruin the PlayStation brand.

It is not possible that they put in the incopetent of Jim ryan and Helmen Hulst who only wants to market Horizon.

With all those losses and buget, they could have made sequels to Gravity rush, Socom, Siren, Infamous, Days gone, Bloodborne or a Team ICO game.

Or an IP from Japan Studio.

The worst thing is put the Mediocre Neil Druckmann as CEO.

That's all that's missing.
You can say the same about others.

No new gta since ps3. The fuck? Gta5 was released 13 years ago??

Rocksteady is dead. Arkham night was the last good game they made over 10 years ago.

Konami???
Capcom tons of remakes.

REmember squaresoft? Down to final fantasy. Parasita eve?

Rare??

I can go on forever but nobody cares.

You wanna know my top games for this year?
Tomb raider remake
System shock remake
Dark forces remaster
Coming up silent hill 2 remake
Doom remaster
Stalker collection.

Pretty bad if you ask me.

At one point we have to face the music and understand we are getting old and we have standards we keep chasing . But this new generation doesnt make games anymore . They make pop culture.
No game will ever live up to the memories you built when you grew up with the industry .
Cuz you seen it all.

RCU005

I've seen this kind of thinking on this site more and more over the years and I just don't get it. Of course it counts! Its a game that at this moment, can literally only be played on PlayStation!! Like what are we talking about here people.

Even if I were to ask people, what great gaming franchises would you like Sony to revive from the PS3 era, I feel like almost unanimously people would include the resistance series. Yet, when those games released, they weren't Sony first party games and you know what, no one gave a fuck. Most of you guys focus wayyyy too much on who is making the game and not where can the games be played, when that's really the thing that matters most.

I get your point, but my point is different.

My point is that this generation, PlayStation have not made many first party game from their own studios, or released first party IPs even if they are developed or co-developed by a third party.

During PS3 gen, Sony was releasing new IPs from all sides, even though the console was struggling and the competition was the strongest. Many of those new IPs became great games we cherish today and some became forgotten classics, but still amazing. During the PS4 gen, Sony continued growing many of those games from PS3 gen, while also making many new IPs (not as many as PS3, but still a lot).

This gen they have almost nothing. Only a handful at most of new IPs (Actually, I think only Returnal and Concord are new IPs), Cross gen games, and few existing IPs.

If you search for a list of first party games within 4 years of release from PS3 and PS4, it's a HUGE list, and it will include many new IPs, and practically 99.9% of them will NOT be cross-gen. If you do the same with PS5, the list is tiny.

Last edited:

K' Dash

I prefer Ragnarok over the 2018 one, better story, actually has boss fights, better gameplay, better graphics, better everything really.

You can like it, but its factually worse than 2018, specially the writing.

It is a good game, but a bad sequel, it has already been picked apart by people much more eloquent than me, so I’m not going into that, but the other games?

The best exclusive PS5 has right now is a fucking PS3 game, soon to be accompanied by 2 of the best PS2 games: MGS3 and SH2.

Imagine the best games on the fucking console being remakes…

bitbydeath

You can like it, but its factually worse than 2018, specially the writing.

It is a good game, but a bad sequel, it has already been picked apart by people much more eloquent than me, so I’m not going into that, but the other games?

The best exclusive PS5 has right now is a fucking PS3 game, soon to be accompanied by 2 of the best PS2 games: MGS3 and SH2.

Imagine the best games on the fucking console being remakes…
Nothings factual, it’s all just opinions. I don’t get the appeal of the 2018 game, aside from the opening fight with the stranger it wasn’t very good IMO.

Last edited:
My point is that this generation, PlayStation have not made many first party game from their own studios, or released first party IPs even if they are developed or co-developed by a third party.

During PS3 gen, Sony was releasing new IPs from all sides, even though the console was struggling and the competition was the strongest. Many of those new IPs became great games we cherish today and some became forgotten classics, but still amazing. During the PS4 gen, Sony continued growing many of those games from PS3 gen, while also making many new IPs (not as many as PS3, but still a lot).
This isn't a Sony problem, this is an industry problem. The reason why there were so many new IPs is because games will churned out at an insane rate. Epic/MS made 4 gears of war games on a single generation, they have released 2 since (at least mainline titles). Even if you go to 3rd party games, AC was a yearly release once upon a time and no longer is. CoD keeps going technically but even with those are not the same, as if you look at the latest release, it's just a remake essentially.

We can all not like that this is the way it is now, I personally wished games were released quicker because I feel the main reason they don't is studios prioritize bigger games which I want less of. But it isn't a problem unique to Sony, it's just the way the industry has moved for better or for worse

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
The thing about Concord is that most of the general public never even knew it existed. Only in gaming spaces people are talking about this.
I was trying to mention this situation to some of my friends yesterday and i was always interrupted by "What's Concord?"

Most gamers aren't upset. They actually just spend more time playing games than discussing them in forums and twitter.

Stuff like GTAVI releasing next year alone is going to make the world set on fire and no one will care for other games for a while. The fact Sony has basically an exclusive game like this (let's face it...way more than 50% of the game's sales will come from PS5) is enough.

And Wolverine is a failure? Did i miss something? Are you judging a game by the leak of a pre-alpha version that may not even be similar to the final game?
A lot of nonsensical stuff being posted around here lately!

As you said, in the real world, Concord will be a forgotten blip on the radar (especially with a year like one that also saw Helldivers) and The Pro will be partially why as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom