• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italia GAF |OT| La terra dei cachi

Hey guys, I proposed this about a month ago but I'll repost it since it's almost time now.

I was thinking that if there are enough GAFers going to Games Week this weekend we could arrange the first Italian GAF meetup.

So are there any of you going and are any of you willing to have a meetup?
I'd. E in, unfortunately i'm in apulia until monday, coming back to Milan monday evening to be precise..
If we can organize for another day, provided i'm not in lubiana for work, i'm cool with it :)

Rikkun

Hey guys, I proposed this about a month ago but I'll repost it since it's almost time now.

I was thinking that if there are enough GAFers going to Games Week this weekend we could arrange the first Italian GAF meetup.

I don't think I'll be going, too expensive and way too crowded for me.

Last year it was a disaster, a 2 hours line to try a PS4 and kids smashing everything for a free copy of COD. At least usually there are some nice prices on videogames and Nintendo booths aren't so slow in comparison to the bigger ones.

panzone

I' ll probably going Saturday with a friend. I don't think I can partecipate at a meetup for the entire day, but for a little greeting why not ?

I don't think I'll be going, too expensive and way too crowded for me.

Last year it was a disaster, a 2 hours line to try a PS4 and kids smashing everything for a free copy of COD. At least usually there are some nice prices on videogames and Nintendo booths aren't so slow in comparison to the bigger ones.

Yes, in fact I'm going principally for the Nintendo booth with Smash Wii U.

Rikkun

I' ll probably going Saturday with a friend. I don't think I can partecipate at a meetup for the entire day, but for a little greeting why not ?

Yes, in fact I'm going principally for the Nintendo booth with Smash Wii U.

I'm interested in some demos (Smash to wreck some kids, TEW and Splatoon mainly) but it's not worth the price for me.
Skipping Lucca too for pretty much the same reason, Lucca is also 10 times more crowded than the gamesthingy, and people who attend these cons give me goosebumps.

Also, those people shouting from stages and throwing garbage on peasants shouting and clamoring for a rubber band or a pin. Makes me sick.

I know, I'm disturbed.

panzone

I'm interested in some demos (Smash to wreck some kids, TEW and Splatoon mainly) but it's not worth the price for me.
Skipping Lucca too for pretty much the same reason, Lucca is also 10 times more crowded than the gamesthingy, and people who attend these cons give me goosebumps.

Also, those people shouting from stages and throwing garbage on peasants shouting and clamoring for a rubber band or a pin. Makes me sick.

I know, I'm disturbed.

Nah, this is the first time I'm going to GamesWeek since 2011, when it was called Ludica. Too much people and the ticket is simply too expensive.

Rafy

I'll have to agree with the fact that it's pretty mental. That's why I enjoy going on Friday since there are less people, plus this year I am going to take advantage of that and do all my meetings with the publishers then instead of Saturday. I love the fact that they let us in about 30 minutes early and we get to see the show floor and take a sneak peak at games. Last year that is how I tried the OR:DK1

Martal

Neo Member
Il prossimo mese vado a Roma per 4 giorni. Arrivo mercoledì notte e torno domenica mattina. Dove vado, ragazzi? Non mi piacerebbe di stare tutto il tempo con gli altri studenti Erasmus.

Strano. Volevo postare proprio la stessa cosa.
Dunque, anch'io sto per andare a Roma e volevo chiedere quali sono le cose da vedere?
Ci staro' per quasi tutta la settimana.

Wanted to ask the exact same thing.
I'll be at Rome in a couple of days and wanted to ask what should I see.
I'll be there for almost a week.

Rikkun

So who's the ItaliaGAF guinea pig in Lucca this year?
I sent my brother to scavenge for offers.

Nah, this is the first time I'm going to GamesWeek since 2011, when it was called Ludica. Too much people and the ticket is simply too expensive.

In the end I went on Sunday, after a 12 hours night shift. Stood in line like a dead puppet for 2 hours just to buy Tomodachi Life for 20€. My brother bought a White Wiiu + Wii Party U for 99€, wanted a PS4 priced at 299€ but we were too late.
As usual I run away for lunch and never came back. They sold kebabs in there. 6€.

Also, I kicked a boy. A little 12-something years old. Avevo dietro un cestone, vicinissimo, sto cagato male arriva e mi spinge via lo zaino per passare, quindi prima l'ho schiacciato nel cestone poi quando manco si è girato prima gli ho urlato. Se non ti giri manco lì e te ne vai col tuo zainetto da scolaretto e i tuoi amichetti la zappata te la pigli, dritto pe' dritto nella tibia, alla Montero, PEM, è corso via.

I regret nothing.

Philippo

In the end I went on Sunday, after a 12 hours night shift. Stood in line like a dead puppet for 2 hours just to buy Tomodachi Life for 20€. My brother bought a White Wiiu + Wii Party U for 99€, wanted a PS4 priced at 299€ but we were too late.
As usual I run away for lunch and never came back. They sold kebabs in there. 6€.

Also, I kicked a boy. A little 12-something years old. Avevo dietro un cestone, vicinissimo, sto cagato male arriva e mi spinge via lo zaino per passare, quindi prima l'ho schiacciato nel cestone poi quando manco si è girato prima gli ho urlato. Se non ti giri manco lì e te ne vai col tuo zainetto da scolaretto e i tuoi amichetti la zappata te la pigli, dritto pe' dritto nella tibia, alla Montero, PEM, è corso via.

I regret nothing.

Yes, my friends who went all week told me there were some crazy good deals.
Like brand new PS4 games (LOTR, Alien etc.) for 20€ and pre-orders offers for 40.
Also, last hours of sunday a friend got a PS4 at 150€. Un-fucking-believable.
I remember the first edition in 2011, man they had some really awful "offertissime".

Il bullismo sui dodicenni malati di COD è giustificato, tranquillo.

panzone

So who's the ItaliaGAF guinea pig in Lucca this year?
I sent my brother to scavenge for offers.

I regret nothing.

I went on Saturday morning, saw the 1/1,5 hour line for enter and then I and my friend decided to go at home for play Smash 3DS.

6€ a kebab ? Seriously ?

Tythan

Dopo le vicende degli ultimi tempi, propongo di cambiare il titolo del thread in "Italia GAF |OT| La terra delle leggi su misura. Ancora una volta".

thomaser

Going to Italy next June to bike. First, we were supposed to go to Marché, but that got cancelled. Then, we were going to Sardinia, but that was cancelled too. So now, we're going to cycle from Lazio, through Umbria, and end in Marché.

Start in Rieti north-east of Rome, then go north via Montefalco, Spoleto, Foligno and Assisi, then east through Sassoferrato and Corinaldo, and end up at the coast with Fano and Pesaro. Doesn't look very challenging, with flat terrain. But I'm sure it's nice. Does anyone here live there?

Motoko

I went thursday, it was fantastic. No line at all, only five minutes to buy the ticket. I was able to look all the places without any stress, and buy what I was looking for.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Going to Italy next June to bike. First, we were supposed to go to Marché, but that got cancelled. Then, we were going to Sardinia, but that was cancelled too. So now, we're going to cycle from Lazio, through Umbria, and end in Marché.

Start in Rieti north-east of Rome, then go north via Montefalco, Spoleto, Foligno and Assisi, then east through Sassoferrato and Corinaldo, and end up at the coast with Fano and Pesaro. Doesn't look very challenging, with flat terrain. But I'm sure it's nice. Does anyone here live there?

I live close by (Terni).
If you wanna grab lunch together drop me a pm, if I'm around and not in Milan we can arrange something.

Porca troia Alien per 20€? Chi me lo vende usato a 25?

Comunque, chi mi fa provare qualcosa via Share Play?

panzone

Yup. And I bet it sucked balls too.

Daje, la traduzione a cuor libero non è il mio forte, e pensa che lo devo fare pure per lavoro.
In breve ho dato un calcio a un bambinetto che mi spingeva per creare dominanza sui clienti dello stand Unieuro.

It's better to say "per prevalere sui clienti" if I understand what you want to say.

I don't know if you are Italian, in that case sorry xD.

And seriously, I never, ever saw a 6€ kebab. Especially at Milan, where you can find kebab from 2,5/3 €. I'm really glad I avoided the GamesWeek.

Banjoman

I live in Rieti, and I really don't understand why anyone would like to spend his holiday here, but anyway feel free to pm me for anything.

Oh, come on, it's a comprehensible mistake if someone thinks in english what he has to write.

He probably wrote that just because it sounded funny, and it does :p

Anyway, I've been kinda lurking this thread for a while and I always thought Rikkun was an Italian native speaker, so I guess that means he's Italian is pretty good (or that I'm a bad observer).

BTW, anche tu da GV, eh?

LeleSocho

Banned
Wai-what? Rikkun isn't a native speaker?
Woah... well now i understand the last two posts but until those you totally got me man. Congratulations, for real.

Rikkun

Aoh, a chi state dando dello sbarcato, commu bastardi.

Nato in Lombardia, residente in Lombardia, tra un po' ci muoio pure, era sono un giovanilismo ostentato il "creare dominanza" :p

thomaser

I live close by (Terni).
If you wanna grab lunch together drop me a pm, if I'm around and not in Milan we can arrange something.

Thanks for the offer! But I don't think I can meet up, since the days are planned from hour to hour in advance. The first day we'll have lunch at a small town called Greccio, and then we'll get close to Terni by a big lake to the south-east, before heading to Montefranco. Here's the route for that day.

Banjoman said:
I live in Rieti, and I really don't understand why anyone would like to spend his holiday here, but anyway feel free to pm me for anything.

To be honest, it doesn't look like the most interesting place to visit. But we'll just cycle through, and the arranger has had successful cycle tours there before. I guess it's nice for cycling, at least! They usually make routes through areas with small towns and little traffic, since herding 30-50 non-Italian-speaking cyclists through big cities can be problematic. What's the weather like there in June? I hope it's not scorching hot.

Hi, Italia GAF. C-can I post too?

Been almost ten years since I managed to last visit Italy. It was kind of a spontaneous thing. My latin teacher at the time was also an archeologist who spent time over there every year. One day in class she just up and said "Hey, I'm thinking of planning a tour group for Italy. Is anyone interested?". YOU BET. Had to beg my grandma to help pay for the trip, but it was totally worth it. Got to visit Verona, Assisi, Venice, Florence, Rome and the Vatican. Mind-blowing stuff for an American high school student. Everything was so damn beautiful. Florida is a shithole in comparison. ;_;

I'm dying to pay another visit. Trying to learn the language first, though. Had a couple of really embarrassing moments last time because the only words I knew were scusi, scusa and ciao.

UrbanRats

Hi, Italia GAF. C-can I post too?

Been almost ten years since I managed to last visit Italy. It was kind of a spontaneous thing. My latin teacher at the time was also an archeologist who spent time over there every year. One day in class she just up and said "Hey, I'm thinking of planning a tour group for Italy. Is anyone interested?". YOU BET. Had to beg my grandma to help pay for the trip, but it was totally worth it. Got to visit Verona, Assisi, Venice, Florence, Rome and the Vatican. Mind-blowing stuff for an American high school student. Everything was so damn beautiful. Florida is a shithole in comparison. ;_;

I'm dying to pay another visit. Trying to learn the language first, though. Had a couple of really embarrassing moments last time because the only words I knew were scusi, scusa and ciao.
Don't worry, with the amount of politicians we've had embarrass us with their butchering of the English language, we probably developed a very high tolerance for this stuff... you know, as a coping mechanism. :p

About 4 months ago I went to Rome. My hotel was near Termini metro station. I wanna go there next month again so I need to book a hotel but the problem is I don't know what was the name of that area :] Can anyone help me with this? what is the name of that area?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
About 4 months ago I went to Rome. My hotel was near Termini metro station. I wanna go there next month again so I need to book a hotel but the problem is I don't know what was the name of that area :] Can anyone help me with this? what is the name of that area?

Stazione Termini.

Copons

Stazione Termini.

Yeah, it doesn't really have a proper name.
The Southern part is called "Esquilino" while the Northern is "Castro Pretorio", but usually, both those names refers to precise areas NOT including the station (that just lies in the middle).

I tried searching on Hotels, Booking and Airbnb to see how they call that and, as I expected, they're kinda vague. :D
While Airbnb makes you search directly on a Google Map, the other two both let you write in the search field something like "Roma Termini", or at least pick it from the zones or points of interest menus.

Stazione Termini.

Yeah, it doesn't really have a proper name.
The Southern part is called "Esquilino" while the Northern is "Castro Pretorio", but usually, both those names refers to precise areas NOT including the station (that just lies in the middle).

I tried searching on Hotels, Booking and Airbnb to see how they call that and, as I expected, they're kinda vague. :D
While Airbnb makes you search directly on a Google Map, the other two both let you write in the search field something like "Roma Termini", or at least pick it from the zones or points of interest menus.

Thanks guys I found a good hotel :)

cm osi

He probably wrote that just because it sounded funny, and it does :p

Anyway, I've been kinda lurking this thread for a while and I always thought Rikkun was an Italian native speaker, so I guess that means he's Italian is pretty good (or that I'm a bad observer).

BTW, anche tu da GV, eh?

c'è praticamente mezza gv :sisi:

UrbanRats

I have an Italian friend who has a few questions, do you think the mods would mind if he hijacked my account for a bit?

Why would they care? It's you who's getting banned if your friend says some shit. :p

I have no idea, but i don't see why they would mind.

T.O.P

Banned
Hello ladies

B32-dLgCcAAwKxS.jpg

Copons

WHY DID YOU HJAVE TO QUOTE IT?

DO YOU ALL REALLY HAVE NO GOD AT ALL?

Unrelated: I'm so pumped for Mafia Capitale stuff going on, I've also asked a journalist friend to bring me with him if the network sends him to interview Carminati. :D

panzone

Ehilà Italia Gaf, questo topic di solito è usato per gente che da fuori viene in Italia, ma stavolta vorrei usarlo per il contrario.

A marzo mi muoverò a Boston per un tirocinio di 12 mesi. Il problema è che la prima volta per me e non so davvero come muovermi per trovare un posto dove vivere. Non capisco sinceramente quale sarebbe il modo migliore per muovermi.

Cerco un ostello/una stanza su airbnb per la prima settimana/due per cercare in loco una stanza dove vivere ? Vado all' avventura ed organizzo direttamente via internet in modo tale da avere un posto dove andare appena scendo dall' aereo (è possibile tral' altro come cosa ?) ? Sto davvero, DAVVERO panicando a riguardo ed ho il terrore di arrivare e non sapere dove diavolo andare.

Per caso qualcuno ha avuto un' esperienza simile/vive a Boston/può essermi utile ?

Hi Italia Gaf, I know this topic is for the people who wants to explore Italy but this time I want to use it for the opposite motive.

This March I' ll move to Boston for a 12-month internship. My problem is, since it's my first relocation, I don' t really know how to find an house/room/where to live. What is the best way to move and search ?

Find an hostel/room on airbnb for one/two weeks searching in person a place ? Find it directly from internet so that the day I' ll arrive I already have a room (is that even possible ?) ? I' m starting to really, REALLY panicking and I' m frightened to arrive in the USA and not know where to go.

Someone had a similar experience/lives in Boston/can help me ?

Top Bottom