• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italian journalist seems to confirm the imminent release of the PS5 Pro

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Italian journalist Lorenzo Fazio from the website multiplayer.it said during a livestream on twitch that a developer at Gamescom confirmed to him that the ps5 pro realease is imminent. Here's is the clip in italian:

And here's the the English transcript: "a developer, whose name I will not mention, let slip confirmation that ps5 pro is coming. They told me that they wanted to release their game by the end of the year but decided to slow down development because the ps5 is coming."

The way he phrased the sentence is a bit ambiguous because it is not clear whether the developer delayed the release of the game to match the release of the ps5 pro or to avoid it but it seems that the confirmed release period is between the end of this year and the beginning of next year.

Excited Pumped Up GIF by NBA

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They told me that they wanted to release their game by the end of the year but decided to slow down development because the is ps5 coming.

If this developer is choosing to delay their game beyond 2024 (slow down development?), does that mean the Pro is not coming this year?

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
That seems to imply it isn't coming in 2024? They planned to release in 2024 but have slowed development suggests that they no longer plan to release in 2024. And if it is because of the Pro you would assume they are delaying until after the Pro releases?

SJRB

Gold Member
My dad talked to a guy who's the nephew of a lady who works in a store where she ran into the old-principal of the girl who did that one thing with the guy who is now the CEO of a company that makes things for the startup of that one dude who does the things with computers and he had an algorithm that basically told him to get a piece of paper so he did and then it said to write "amazing source bro" on that paper and fold it no more than three times and shove it up your ass.

zapper

I'm surprised that this is being talked about when in the same live he said that switch 2 is there with a few publishers who have been able to test it. Maybe he's just trolling, I know the site and it's not particularly reliable. anyway a developer telling a journalist that the pro is coming seems like nonsense to me

Last edited:

damidu

If this developer is choosing to delay their game beyond 2024 (slow down development?), does that mean the Pro is not coming this year?
yeah thats bit weird wording, but if they were aiming end of 2024, they would have to support pro anyways, i guess it means they need more time to work on pro support. and not rush it.
wonder if this is the reason for indy as well.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not being funny but the people who have won are those going from PS4 to PS5 Pro.

The PS5 base model will go down as the most pointless Sony console ever, a real slap in the face.

I don’t know what they are doing. Japan needs to reign in those Californian retards.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not being funny but the people who have won are those going from PS4 to PS5 Pro.

The PS5 base model will go down as the most pointless Sony console ever, a real slap in the face.

I don’t know what they are doing. Japan needs to reign in those Californian retards.

It's not like there will be exclusive games for the Pro model. Everyone who got a base PS5 can still keep using those and most people won't know / care about the difference other than power-users.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's not like there will be exclusive games for the Pro model. Everyone who got a base PS5 can still keep using those and most people won't know / care about the difference other than power-users.
Fair point but they will probably still be releasing Concord 2 on PS4 in 2030 so yah.

Top Bottom