• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italian journalist seems to confirm the imminent release of the PS5 Pro

I'm not getting one, but I'm interested in the price point. It will have to be at least £600 I imagine if the base model is still £480.

Dorfdad

Gold Member

Italian journalist Lorenzo Fazio from the website multiplayer.it said during a livestream on twitch that a developer at Gamescom confirmed to him that the ps5 pro realease is imminent. Here's is the clip in italian:

And here's the the English transcript: "a developer, whose name I will not mention, let slip confirmation that ps5 pro is coming. They told me that they wanted to release their game by the end of the year but decided to slow down development because the ps5 is coming."

The way he phrased the sentence is a bit ambiguous because it is not clear whether the developer delayed the release of the game to match the release of the ps5 pro or to avoid it but it seems that the confirmed release period is between the end of this year and the beginning of next year.

Excited Pumped Up GIF by NBA

When the fuck did imminent mean between 3-10 months?! We on valve time here??

Imminent means like very soon not months later… /smh

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not being funny but the people who have won are those going from PS4 to PS5 Pro.

The PS5 base model will go down as the most pointless Sony console ever, a real slap in the face.

I don’t know what they are doing. Japan needs to reign in those Californian retards.
I wouldve wanted a 14 tflops GPU but AMD just couldnt deliver. The PS5 is already going up to 230 watts in some games with unlocked framerates. Thats massive compared to the 150 watt PS4.

could they have given us a great 14 tflops GPU at $600, yes. But it wouldve been 300 watts if not more and even bigger than the gigantic PS5. Plus people would get fake outraged over a 300 watt console running up their electric bill.

It was a very good console for its price. Great SSD, decent CPU and GPU, but in the end the shitty RT performance of AMD GPUs along with lack of good upscaling solutions really hurt it in some games.

Cerny did create his own AI upscaling solution for the Pro, and i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the new RT performance improvements are due to his or Sony's engineers input. He did have some patents he filed for RT IIRC. Should he have done that 4 years ago? Maybe, but its not like it wouldve solved the problem of 60 fps modes running at 720p internal resolution which is all due to the small GPU that AMD left him with.

Quantum253

Gold Member
I'll go with Sony SOP Thursday, August 29th 1pm (pst) announces PS5 Pro with specs
Sept-Oct to allow hype and companies to setup Promos
Release 11/19 at 599......maybe 549 to stay away from the PS3 memes

Top Bottom