• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its almost ten years since Battlefield devs dunked on CoDs graphics. Did CoD up its game?

cormack12

Gold Member
GsIcwuJ.png

This was Infinite warfare, the game at the time:

This was Battelfield 1 in 2016

So, it would be daft to suggest COD hasn't undergone a pretty hefty engine upgrade over time. Have they put the meme to bed?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
the 2022 MW2 campaign on PC had great graphics. The MP looks nice too in 4k but definitely a step back from the campaign.

Battlefield 3 graphics blew my mind at the time but every game since then has been a mixed bag to me, kinda like CoD.

Diddy X

I remember comparing Battlefield 1 to that year's COD and BF was clearly some steps above in both graphics and sounds, the better audiovisual experience.

Now Dice don't care anymore, better tech didn't make them win so they gave up.

Quantum253

Gold Member
Battlefield was always more graphical. Haven't heard much of Battlefield from anyone who used to play it, so maybe the graphics weren't the main selling point

Last edited:

Js562

Call of duty 2019 and on looks great. Even now the first modern warfare looks good on a big screen. Recent battlefield doesn't compare

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Battlefield having better graphics than COD isn't breaking news, the fate of Battlefield lies in EA's hands, will it get EA money? 2042 was impressive, and had great seasons meanwhile I watched COD turn into something different.

NickFire

Hard to say if COD upped its game. It has so thoroughly kicked the crap out of most competitors for so long that it’s splitting hairs comparing the degrees of domination. But I’d lean towards yeah. I played a ton of both most recent games. COD‘s speed and fluidity makes up for any graphical differences IMO.

Generic

That Infinite Warfare trailer was pretty good. It was moving the series forward into a new territory yet everyone hated it. Back then people were really into things "going back to the roots". Oh well...

Infinite warfare looked amazing, what are you on about that it's an aging engine lol. Dare I say it looks better then most modern CODs. Also IW vs BF1 was never about graphics, they just went boots on the ground and it became a meme to hate o the new COD because it was set in space which btw to this day has the best and longest singeplayer campaign as well as one and only time, side quests in a COD title.

COD stepped up their game starting with MW2019, but they’re still behind BF in graphics.

When comparing visuals on one of BF2042’s biggest maps to MW3 Warzone, 2042 clearly looks better.

The difference was much wider back in 2016, but IW didn’t look like a 2010 game. That was a cringey tweet.
even though the BF1 trailer did blow the IW trailer out of the water and everyone knew it

Top Bottom