• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT, we post pictures of our cats.

Hatredcopter

Neo Member
Jasper is ready for Halloween.

IMG_0200.jpg

notworksafe

17 pages of cat pictures?! Best thread on GAF!

EDIT: Shot of my roommate's cat, Cleo, that I took a week or two ago. She was quite upset at the Broncos being on TV here, but not the Raiders. :D

DDAsh.jpg

outsidah

Kittah crew!

This is my cat... giving me the crazy face because he wants to get on the couch with me! He is a really sweet cat, but you would think he was nuts by this picture! :lol

NotAmused.jpg

He's my 10 week year old kitten, only had him a week. He started off so shy, but ow he is OK..Excuse the random cloths, they're actually shoe boxes underneath! But he sleeps there every night now so I've kept it there for him

72998_489065951286_707666286_7570515_2018136_n.jpg

71885_489065971286_707666286_7570516_5177786_n.jpg

71638_489065981286_707666286_7570517_6376520_n.jpg

BlueTsunami said:
Oh my God. That totally looks like Sassy from Homeward Bound <333 Is it a Himalayan?

They're Birmans :)

They are part Siamese, part Burmese. They have Siamese points. My parents had a Himalayan before these two. He turned out to be really funny and a nice cat, though these have been extraordinary. I'm kind of eying Bengals at the moment. Was looking at Savannahs, but not sure I want to pay the cost ($$$$$$$$).

owlbeak

outsidah said:
Kittah crew!

This is my cat... giving me the crazy face because he wants to get on the couch with me! He is a really sweet cat, but you would think he was nuts by this picture! :lol

QUOTE]:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tence said:
azumi.jpg

Azumi. We named him after that movie with the Ninja girl (yeah we thought he was a she when he was born because he was so little.... we kept the name anyway)

loki.jpg

Loki, named after the Norwegian god. He's Azumi's younger brother (and very naughty)

Adorable :D And great names i might add :)

KevinCow

Banned
Here's Moo. He found a cozy place to lay. This was a few months ago though. I don't think he fits in that basket anymore. He's gotten pretty big.

3G3fo.jpg

This is Fluffy. I call her that because she is fluffy. She's scared of everything because she has no front claws (we didn't do it, we got her like that) and she's a bit of a runt anyway. She feels safe when she's with me, though. :3

DEMa5.jpg

These two don't usually get along, but they called a truce to look out the window. Again, taken a while ago, Moo is much bigger now.

Rkg2c.jpg

IT'S A KITTIES!

I'm kind of like a cat lady. In the past six years I've had 17 cats.

Buttons(momma cat)

1st litter:
Panthar
Ulysses
Garfield
Edward
Willow
Figaro

2nd litter:
Apollo
Playboy
Mocha
Lucky
LG
Suki

Not from Buttons:
Bucky
Miko de Penguin
BB
Northstar

This is my cat Leia. We also call her "The Princess". She currently resides with my parents since I can't afford a pet deposit. We've had her for about eleven years now. She wasn't very happy that I interrupted her nap to take a picture.

iQc3P.jpg

oBJTX.jpg

One my cats has disappeared off the face of the earth, and is reaching nearly a week since I’ve last seen him. Being an active cat (wasn't sterilised) that he is, I can only hope he was adopted as he also recently lost his collar.

cat.jpg

viewtifulsub said:
One my cats has disappeared off the face of the earth, and is reaching nearly a week since I’ve last seen him. Being an active cat (wasn't sterilised) that he is, I can only hope he was adopted as he also recently lost his collar.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj158/viewtifulsub/cat.jpg[mg][/QUOTE]

Don't give up hope yet. I had a cat come back after four months one time.

Cuu said:
Here's my cat's latest sleeping spot. We were doing some fall cleaning outside, so he's on top of 4 stacked chairs and some folded up outdoor carpeting.
M0JTzl.jpg
J. M. Romeo said:
Hahahah they always do that kind of shit. Lovely

Oh yes. It's incredible how they're able to sleep or rest in the most uncomfortable places or positions.

On my lap and arm, with his head on the table. Must've been very comfy.
pibb9.jpg

UWbMY.jpg

And I don't know if it's normal or if he's too kind or too stupid, but he must be the worst hunter in the world. Every time he catches a mouse, he only uses them as a toy. He carriers the mouse in his mouth (alive) and plays with it (which not surprising), but he never kills the god damn mouse. They always escape, which is usually fine, but yesterday he decided play with it in the apartment and oh boy ... the chaos. :lol

snacknuts

we all knew her
This thread makes me sad. When my wife and I got engaged last year, I had to give up my cat because she is violently allergic to them. :'(

zesty said:
This thread makes me sad. When my wife and I got engaged last year, I had to give up my cat because she is violently allergic to them. :'(

That's where we're different. I'm not in any way saying you're wrong, but I couldn't be with a girl who would make me give up my cat.

Solstice said:
Don't give up hope yet. I had a cat come back after four months one time.
I've seen it happen before, with a family friend who moved into a new home. Their cat also disappeared, only to be located weeks later 1mile away at their old home.

Mine though is almost 5years old that lived in the same household throughout his life. I’m hoping just to find him on the doorstep some morning.

gerg

brotkasten said:
And I don't know if it's normal or if he's too kind or too stupid, but he must be the worst hunter in the world. Every time he catches a mouse, he only uses them as a toy. He carriers the mouse in his mouth (alive) and plays with it (which not surprising), but he never kills the god damn mouse. They always escape, which is usually fine, but yesterday he decided play with it in the apartment and oh boy ... the chaos. :lol

I think that's perfectly normal. When my cat used to bring in mice that's all she'd do - she'd tap them to get them moving, and then chase after them. It was hilarious. Poor things ended up dying of fright, however.

stldave2

Scythian Empire said:
Are Main Coons really expensive?

I really want to buy one when I move out, but I doubt I can afford one :(

Got mine for $40 at a rescue group.

Every animal I've ever had has been from either a rescue group or "rescued" myself.

Zoe

Honestly though, a Maine Coon from a rescue group is almost always just a domestic long hair.

stldave2

Zoe said:
Honestly though, a Maine Coon from a rescue group is almost always just a domestic long hair.

I have a friend of a friend who works at one of those genetic testing places... he tested my kittahs, and that's also how I found out my dog is 70% collie, 20% Norwegian Elk hound, & assorted others.

Regardless, I don't care what breed an animal is... if they are awesome they are awesome:D I'd put my rescue cats up against a pure bred any day!

Alucrid

Banned
gerg said:
I think that's perfectly normal. When my cat used to bring in mice that's all she'd do - she'd tap them to get them moving, and then chase after them. It was hilarious. Poor things ended up dying of fright, however.

My cats rip cricket's legs off.

leesynicole

Neo Member
We found her in the parking lot behind our apartment two weekends ago. We still need a name for her.. we're thinking Eva =) The vet says shes about 5 or 6 months old.
2lut2l5.jpg
[/IMG]
2dif77t.jpg
[/IMG]

And this is my 2 year old Joey =)
2ufcal2.jpg

I also have a 12 year old grey cat, Smokey, but I don't have any good pictures of her on my computer.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
the GF and i just got a new kitten to compliment the 4 year old beast we already have. behold the majesty of Buttons -

buttons.jpg

roughly 5 months old and easily the most confident cat i've ever been around. tail is always erect, he shows no fear of strangers and follows me and the missus around like a puppy. he also purrs like a jackhammer and can entertain himself (and tease the other cat) for hours without our help. i love the bugger.

My kitten has been acting like a right idiot recently. He keeps constantly attacking my feet with his claws and teeth out, biting me and then attacking my legs.

I don't know whether I should let him sleep in my room today incase he tries to attack me at night or something. He seems angry at me and I don't know why...

Schrade

The key is to make sure you never react to make your kitten do it. Cats like it when there is a reaction to their play. If you stop reacting, it'll be boring to them.

So try not to wiggle your feet to make an attack happen, keep as still as possible when the kitten is attacking. You could also try a spray bottle.

Thnks guys for the info. I've heard so much about the squirter bottle so I might try it. It's hard not to move myfeet if I'm standing! Each step he pounces on me like some crazed animal

Oh wait...

It's halloween...

...He is a black cat..

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

Danielsan

Teddie, wondering what the fuck I'm doing with that camera in her face. One of our three cats
We also have one of her sisters who is like the complete opposite in both look and character.

2S2Jy.jpg

Meet her sister, Doerak, the most diabolical cat ever. :lol

pmCcy.jpg

Top Bottom