• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes 11 |OT| Let me expand on that

Wiz

I'm way to excited for this thing than I should be, just opened it up for the first time.

Windows folks, hows it been for you so far?

Kammie

ijRKMq7GgRwHV.jpg

Compared to Winamp and other stuff, both programs playing music. Seems to go up when you add more artwork. 339 now uhhhh... I don't care about the album color thing either probably one of the most unimportant and uninteresting things I've ever seen people talk about. The color selection is bad for more than half of them too.
Mine is at 790MB. Don't think they did much for the memory issue.

I don't personally mind since I have the memory, but it may affect other people.

Croc

Banned
Select all songs in the album and get info. Add the same artist to "album artist" and it should lump them all into one album. Obviously this is dependant on all the songs in an album being by the same artist, which is usually the case for most albums.

Oh gotcha that worked. I dunno why album artist would prevent it from being put together.

Mine is at 790MB. Don't think they did much for the memory issue.

I don't personally mind since I have the memory, but it may affect other people.

I edited my last post. It's less now for me. Still double what Winamp is but yeah. I have the memory too, but probably not suitable when playing some games. And it's less responsive. Overall, not really impressed. Will still use it for podcasts and my phone (unless I switch it), but not anytime else I think.

Kammie

There's one little touch I like--when you click on an album in Album View, look at how the cover gets just a little bigger. It's subtle, but a nice detail.

Dartastic

So uh, does this now mean I can delete my local library because it's backed up to the cloud correctly with iTunes Match?? That would make me SO HAPPY.

NekoFever

Once I found the setting to turn the sidebar back on, I started loving this. I'm pretty much going through every album and seeing the colour schemes it picks up.

So uh, does this now mean I can delete my local library because it's backed up to the cloud correctly with iTunes Match?? That would make me SO HAPPY.

In theory, yes.

And it looks like Artist grid view is gone.

I can see how that would be annoying. I usually used column view but this is breaking me away from it. Up Next is the only thing I missed being able to do switching from Winamp to iTunes all those years ago when I first went with an OS X machine.

Oh gotcha that worked. I dunno why album artist would prevent it from being put together.
Yup and if you have a mixed artist album for example then you could add the individual artist of each song to the "artist" tag and then select all and change the "album artist" to something like "various artists" or whatever you like and that would get them all lumped together. Works as it should.

This should work for that poster who was having trouble with the Drive soundtrack which has cliff martinez and a bunch of other artists as well.

Any thoughts on the mini player? I was most excited about that feature but trying it out I don't see me using it all that much.

I also have iTunes in full screen all the time and from what I can tell you can't even launch the mini player from full screen.

LCfiner

The itunes app store should really, really have links on every main category page to switch between the iphone and ipad sections. blows my mind than even after the redesign you have to go back to the app store home page to switch the iOS device, then continue browsing.

Honey Bunny

View > Show Side Bar
View > Show Status Bar

Deep breath > exhale

Unless you mean something else.

Hah, yeh I just did those first two. But it's still not cool.

I want my little album artwork back in the bottom left and my column browser to be vertical rather than horizontal. And when I 'go to' an album from a single song it brings up that fancy view everyone's posting pictures of, rather than a simple track list like it used to. I think I'm gonna go back. And I'm just not digging the new aesthetic, kinda textured like the new (now old) youtube background was.

C-can I go back?

KingKong

I was kind of expecting news about their streaming service though, I guess we'll have to wait until early 2013. Maybe people will find some info hidden in the code

just trying it out, i like it reminds me of the zune software with it's chromeless ui.

Itunes is now taking up half a gig of memory, improvement?

Kammie

Any thoughts on the mini player? I was most excited about that feature but trying it out I don't see me using it all that much.

I also have iTunes in full screen all the time and from what I can tell you can't even launch the mini player from full screen.
I think it's a missed opportunity. Having search is cool, but say I don't remember a song title, but I know the artist... I type their name, their album shows up, and then what? I have to go into iTunes to see all the songs. I should be able to click on an album there to browse its contents.

Anyway, I can pause and skip tracks from the taskbar or the keyboard... I may try using it, but the real estate still bugs me.

just trying it out, i like it reminds me of the zune software with it's chromeless ui.

Itunes is now taking up half a gig of memory, improvement?

show me the receipts!

107.02GB of music, every album with album art, Windows 7, 337MB of memory used. what do you have that would push it to 500MB?

Ambitious

Still not available for my country. Does perchance anyone here have Wintersun's Time I? I'm curious about how the new album view looks with it's cover.

edit: got it.

iTunes 11 Store Adds Gift Card Redemption Via Camera

In Apple's just-released iTunes 11, users visiting the iTunes Store to redeem gift cards have a new option allowing them to simply take a photo of the code on the back of the card with their computer's camera in order to redeem their cards.

The option, which requires a card containing a box around the code to assist with recognition, allows users to quickly and easily redeem gift cards without having to worry about accurately typing in the unique 16-character code. Users are also still allowed to enter their codes manually for redemption.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Does it only automatically go to the current song in songs/list view or am I missing something? What I mean is:

QCy8f.png

M1A1 from Laika Come Home just played, but when it switches to "Under My Thumb" (the next one in the queue) the display below doesn't auto-change to the corresponding song. It seems like only in list view it's behaving like it should.

I want to stay in album art mode but it's gonna suck if it's going to stay frozen in a previous album when it's already playing a song from another one in the shuffle unless I manually press cmd+L.

To anyone having memory issues. Restarting iTunes should fix it. It seems to be different every time, and shoots up if you do certain things (clicking "Done" on a playlist did it for me) but it's much better now.

In the end, it's a million times better than the last one. SO much smoother and responsive, especially the store.

Ashhong

I found an App Store gift card in my room the other day, is there any way to check the balance without redeeming it? I'd like to sell it if it still has the 50$ on it.

show me the receipts!

107.02GB of music, every album with album art, Windows 7, 337MB of memory used. what do you have that would push it to 500MB?

it's down to 422 megs of ram now, syncing both iphones and ipad at the same time i think did it. itunes is also installed on my SSD for maximum responsiveness

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apparently searching through a home shared library is busted. That's a bit silly.

Also any album that has large text almost filling the background often looks terrible in the mini view since itunes decides to use the colour of the text rather than the actually background colour.

Top Bottom