• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes 11 |OT| Let me expand on that

Is anyone having a problem of iTunes splitting up albums of the same name?

Like this:
SqW53.png

Is there any fix?

see5harp

My only guess is that somewhere you have a rogue tag somewhere. You could have an extra space or capital letter somewhere in the tag...just highlight them all and make sure Artist, Album, and Album Artist are all the same.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I am on Mac. I'm just in Windows 7.

Either way, I think I'll be safe with my 16GB of RAM. Long Live iTunes 11 and my 90 tabs spread over 6 windows of Chrome.

:3
I thought my 22 tabs in one window was a lot.

Is anyone having a problem of iTunes splitting up albums of the same name?

Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/SqW53.png

Is there any fix?
Check your song info. Personal Jesus has one piece of info different from the others.

LCfiner

While I haven't seen that happen for the first time in itunes 11, this has been an issue for all versions of itunes if the tiniest bit of metadata is different between that one track and the others.

select all, get info and use checkmarks to blank out all miscellaneous tags (including video tags and things like volume levels, etc) then there's the obvious album, artist, genre tags.

it should smush them back together afterward.

also look for empty spaces at the end of some common tags like album, artist, etc.

Just updated. Really like it apart from the fact that the slider which makes the album icons smaller is no longer there. Is it completely gone or has it been relegated to a menu now? Windows 7 by the way.

Calidor

probably answered before, but how can I make the iTunes start with Windows 8? I tried scheduling a task but didn't work :/ (it runs on the background)

Shads

Am I the only one that ever saved a genius playlist????

Click on the arrow button next to the song and select "Create Genius Playlist" to save Genius playlists. There's also a "Start Genius" button but that seems to only queue up the Genius suggestions to Up Next.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't think you can.

Though I'm curious why you want to see your number of plays.
Some of us like to see that stuff. Most of my playlists are completely based around playcounts. Playcounts are the highest priority for me. If a peripheral can't update the playcount when playing music through it, I won't even bother using it.

Another thing that is annoying: when coverting files it no longer grabs the one you selected.

So you manually have to go through each one to delete the listing of dead files.

Quick

Banned
I was hoping for the ability to use data from the iTunes Store to properly tag music, like how in Windows Media Player.

Not too big a deal.

Ezduo

Banned
I can't figure out how to get it to the old way, where it would break to a new row for each artist while under the albums tab. As it stands now AC/DC goes straight into Aerosmith and it looks a mess.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Some of us like to see that stuff. Most of my playlists are completely based around playcounts. Playcounts are the highest priority for me. If a peripheral can't update the playcount when playing music through it, I won't even bother using it.

I understand it being a figure that scratches an itch, but I'm curious if there is a practical use for it beyond seeing the number of times a song is played. What can you do with knowing that you have played "Let It Be" twenty-seven times? What's the difference in knowing you've played it twenty-seven and twenty-eight times?

I think the Songs tab will serve the purpose of actually knowing that information if you do need to know it. Does it need to be known when you're actually playing music? Probably not.

Kammie

I understand it being a figure that scratches an itch, but I'm curious if there is a practical use for it beyond seeing the number of times a song is played. What can you do with knowing that you have played "Let It Be" twenty-seven times? What's the difference in knowing you've played it twenty-seven and twenty-eight times?

I think the Songs tab will serve the purpose of actually knowing that information if you do need to know it. Does it need to be known when you're actually playing music? Probably not.
I like keeping tab for crazy reasons (I even threw together an Excel file with filters to calculate how much time I've spent listening to crap), but when I listen, I also primarily go by playcounts. I don't like rating music, so I use the playcount as the basis for whether I'll be interested in listening to a song or not. I have so many albums that I lose track of what I have, and can never remember titles.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I like keeping tab for crazy reasons (I even threw together an Excel file with filters to calculate how much time I've spent listening to crap), but when I listen, I also primarily go by playcounts. I don't like rating music, so I use the playcount as the basis for whether I'll be interested in listening to a song or not. I have so many albums that I lose track of what I have, and can never remember titles.
I use both ratings and playcounts at once. Ratings are just as important to me as playcount.

I was hoping iTunes 11 would fix my issue with ATH.exe constantly crashing. Nope.
If it makes you feel better, it crashes all the goddamn time on OS X too. I wouldn't care since it just restarts, but I hate cleaning up those damn dialogs. (Which I can't turn off because I need them for certain apps.)

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour

But the rating system is a better option for that. Especially since you have so much good music that you might listen to once or twice that can get buried whenever you sort by play count. And ratings give you the option to push the songs down and listen to them less whenever you tire of them. A high play count can keep an overheard song at the top until you have another song that overtakes it.

It's might be difficult to take three seconds to rate a song whenever you like or start to dislike it, but it gives you more control over what you want to listen to.

sk3

Banned
So is there no way to show the album art on the song view like before? I can't find it. It's the only view that lets you sort by date added, but they reduced its functionality greatly.

Do people sort by things other than date added? Why would you do that? The artist and album views are useless because of this.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
So is there no way to show the album art on the song view like before? I can't find it. It's the only view that lets you sort by date added, but they reduced its functionality greatly.

Do people sort by things other than date added? Why would you do that? The artist and album views are useless because of this.

Use a Smart Playlist.

looks like Zune software

I like it

wonder if the way they manage and transfer music will not be shitty anymore. probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

"play next"...it's about fucking time, Apple. Now you just need to implement this very basic feature in iOS. It's asinine that I can't make an on-the-fly playlist by browsing music in the Music application.

surly

Banned
probably answered before, but how can I make the iTunes start with Windows 8? I tried scheduling a task but didn't work :/ (it runs on the background)
Create a shortcut to it and put it in this folder: -

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

"play next"...it's about fucking time, Apple. Now you just need to implement this very basic feature in iOS. It's asinine that I can't make an on-the-fly playlist by browsing music in the Music application.

Yeah. Apple playing catch up again. I could queue something up in Winamp ten years ago with a middle click.

Top Bottom