• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes 11 |OT| Let me expand on that

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Broken record ahoy, but the Songs layout is the only one which displays iTunes Match matched vs uploaded status, right?

I think you mean the column browser (it could be set for artists or a combo of artists, albums, etc). and... nope. you can add it but only on the TOP of the library, not on the side.

for point 2... under the view menu, there should be an option to "hide music in the cloud" also works for movies and tv shows. check that and that old stuff will be gone. but so will anything not on your hard drive that you might want to see.

The column browser does indeed sound like what I was talking about, so it's a shame that it's gone. I saw the one at the top of the screen but it's just not the same!

Thanks for both answers though :)

GatorBait

Can anyone tell me why my iTunes 11 keeps opening in a full screen view, but with the scroll marker off-screen? It's driving me insane. Hitting the window-resize button doesn't fix it right away either. I have to click-and-drag the borders of the program to make it smaller, then full-screen it to finally get the scroll marker to remain in view.

But then after exiting out of the program a couple times, it defaults back to not showing the scroll market. (To be clear, I'm talking about the scroll thingy on the right edge of the screen with arrows that allows you to navigating up and down pages.)

Liking the design. But HOW DO I MANUALLY SINC SONGS TO MY IPHONE? Seems way harder than it needs to be, in fact the whole interface seems more complicated.

NekoFever

What exactly do the iCloud icons on the sidebar signify?

screenshot2012-12-01agjfsb.png

giga

Liking the design. But HOW DO I MANUALLY SINC SONGS TO MY IPHONE? Seems way harder than it needs to be, in fact the whole interface seems more complicated.
Same way you did it before. Go to your iPhone and tick the setting to manually manage music.

What exactly do the iCloud icons on the sidebar signify?

screenshot2012-12-01agjfsb.png
iTunes in the cloud purchases.

TFGJ+

You can disable it if you want:

4kZo+

NekoFever

Same way you did it before. Go to your iPhone and tick the setting to manually manage music.

iTunes in the cloud purchases.

TFGJ+

You can disable it if you want:

4kZo+
I like having cloud purchases there in the library, but those icons seem a bit superfluous. I know I have iTunes purchases because I bought them.

Is anyone else having problems connecting the Remote app with iTunes since 11 released?

Neither my iPad nor iPhone 5 will connect at all.

Never had this problem before.

In the miniplayer, is there no way to show what song is currently playing and the progress? All it shows is album art, the controls, icon for airplay, icon for what's next, and an icon for search. I've tried dragging and expanding the mini player, but it doesn't show what is actually playing (outside of the tiny album art) or the progress in the song.

LCfiner

In the miniplayer, is there no way to show what song is currently playing and the progress? All it shows is album art, the controls, icon for airplay, icon for what's next, and an icon for search. I've tried dragging and expanding the mini player, but it doesn't show what is actually playing (outside of the tiny album art) or the progress in the song.

1. you can't get a progress indicator.

2. you probably have one of the controls highlighted in blue. tab away from that control so that the "up next" icon is now highlighted. now, when you move the mouse away from the mini player, the song name and artists shows up.

Eh? It shows the track & artist name next to the album art by default for me. Hovering over it shows the player controls. Weird.

2. you probably have one of the controls highlighted in blue. tab away from that control so that the "up next" icon is now highlighted. now, when you move the mouse away from the mini player, the song name and artists shows up.

That's an odd way to handle it then. I tried clicking every button on the mini player, but only tabbing to Up Next shows the info. And then to get back to the controls, I have to tab again? Really strange.

Eh? It shows the track & artist name next to the album art by default for me. Hovering over it shows the player controls. Weird.

Hovering over things does nothing. I had to tab to change things. Really strange. Maybe just a bug?

Edit: And if a title of a song is too long, it just cuts it off. It doesn't scroll the title. Bugs or features?

LCfiner

That's an odd way to handle it then. I tried clicking every button on the mini player, but only tabbing to Up Next shows the info. And then to get back to the controls, I have to tab again? Really strange.

Hovering over things does nothing. I had to tab to change things. Really strange. Maybe just a bug?

Edit: And if a title of a song is too long, it just cuts it off. It doesn't scroll the title. Bugs or features?

the issuw is with keyboard control.s giga posted about it before. the default in Mac OS is that not all controls in apps are selectable so this issue won't come up. if you, like me, have all controls selectable in keyboard preferences, then this issue comes up.

it's also responsible for the "back" button being highlighted in the main itunes window and causing accidental track rewinds when you hit space, intending to pause.

mollipen

you can. download 10.7, rename and move the last library back up into the itunes folder.(the one itunes11 creates isnt compatible with 10.7)

11 loads faster but to many things about it sucks. i went back to 10.7

Any hint on how to do this? I put the previous Library in the proper place, I boot up iTunes 10, but it just keeps making a new Library file instead of using the previous one.

giga

the issuw is with keyboard control.s giga posted about it before. the default in Mac OS is that not all controls in apps are selectable so this issue won't come up. if you, like me, have all controls selectable in keyboard preferences, then this issue comes up.

it's also responsible for the "back" button being highlighted in the main itunes window and causing accidental track rewinds when you hit space, intending to pause.
Yep. This is clearly a bug. If you have full keyboard access set to all controls, it automatically sets focus on the previous button.

GmSI+

mollipen

You have to get rid of the date in the old library file's filename for iTunes to use it.

No, I knew that—problem might be that my most recent Library back-up was from iTunes 11, when I was thinking it was from 10. Library before that is from September. Ugh.

Anthropic

Why does the Albums view show some albums twice?
40chH.png

One of them only displays the first song.

This problem drives me nuts and I can't find what two fields are conflicting. I've tried the sorting fields and and info fields. The bizarre thing is that these are albums I've ripped with iTunes. It seems to be creating these problems itself.

This problem drives me nuts and I can't find what two fields are conflicting. I've tried the sorting fields and and info fields. The bizarre thing is that these are albums I've ripped with iTunes. It seems to be creating these problems itself.
Every once in a while I have one song being separated from the rest of an album even though every field is exactly the same, removing the song & re-adding it fixes it. So I would try that.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I had the same problem and FlashFlooder's suggestion fixed it for me. Try it out.

I have this problem too, here is my fix:

-highlight all the album's songs
-get info
-delete album name
-OK
-highlight all again
-get info
-reinsert album name
-OK

Miles X

What a fucking mess, downgrading to 10.7 now.

In artist if I have songs by the same artist but with different names (Kesha, Ke$ha) it'll only ever show one lot at a time ...

iTunes seems to differentiate between albums if the song's artist/s are different. It's absolutely fucking ridiculous, but the only way I can get it to work is by making sure every song has the same artist.

Goldenhen

I found a way to fix it by deleting one of the album and put the album from the trash bin back to iTunes again.

cross-posted, as I couldn't get a good answer.

Alright, I'm having trouble taking my music from my iPhone and putting it on my computer. I've tried dragging the song to the desktop.. and as futile as it was.. I tried putting it back into the new iTunes.

Help a gaffer out.

Well, shit nevermind. I just realized that reason the album's split is because none of them have an Album Artist listed. If you give them all the same Album Artist they'll converge.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Is there a way to get the bottom bar back. The one that had the total gigs taken up and length of all songs/songs highlighted?

cross-posted, as I couldn't get a good answer.

Alright, I'm having trouble taking my music from my iPhone and putting it on my computer. I've tried dragging the song to the desktop.. and as futile as it was.. I tried putting it back into the new iTunes.

Help a gaffer out.
Pretty sure there is no way to do that unless the songs are purchased from iTunes. You need to use another application, eg. Xilisoft iPhone Transfer or something similar.

Is there a way to get the bottom bar back. The one that had the total gigs taken up and length of all songs/songs highlighted?
View > Show Status Bar

Is there a way to change the size of album covers in album view? There used to be a really easily accessible slider.
Unfortunately it's gone in iTunes 11, hopefully in a future update they'll bring that back but I doubt it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is there a way to change the size of album covers in album view? There used to be a really easily accessible slider.
Nope, they can only be changed in artist view. I imagine it's fixed to accommodate for the expanded view, but it's really annoying.

Top Bottom