• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes 11 |OT| Let me expand on that

Lima

Weird, a few of my songs are being split off from the rest of the album and the album will be be listed twice in that view. I'm combing through the metadata for discrepancies, but can't find any for some of them.

Right click, get info and check the sorting tab. Sometimes they will have some stuff there that will split it in iTunes.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but does this version automatically update the media library, like Zune does? I buy most of my music through Amazon mp3 or rip CDs, and I have to manually tell iTunes to scan for music every time. Which is why I normally use the Zune software, but have to use iTunes for syncing my iPod.

KingKong

1. Could anyone show me what Podcasts look like now?

2. How does the podcast iCloud syncing work? Does it actually sync position or just if something was marked as played or not?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So some albums show the artist's name under the songs and some don't. That's rather odd.

Visualiser keystrokes still don't seem to work. In fact exiting full screen mode seems to be completely broken.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
What the hell, Coverflow is gone??????

Freaking Apple.
iTunes was the only place I used it... for looks. I hate that shit in the Finder. I hate that shit on my iPhone. I never liked it when it was third-party. The only place I would enable it was iTunes for looks. But even then I could do without it. Now, get rid of it completely everywhere, Apple, and I'll be a happy happy man. Especially on iOS where it keeps coming up when I turn my phone sideways accidentally. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--

kharma45

1. Could anyone show me what Podcasts look like now?

2. How does the podcast iCloud syncing work? Does it actually sync position or just if something was marked as played or not?

I just went in to podcasts there now and when iTunes is maximised part of it is cut off down the right hand side :\ in fact, no matter where I go in the program it's cut off :S

ikna0llktH8jI.png

Kammie

Sorry guys, I don't mean to be negative, but this is bullshit.

Search seems to be limited to just Artist, Song, and Album. Whereas before a search turned up anything that was in the tag, from composer to comments.

What the fuck.

Edit: Got it to work... Seems I have to enable the field in Song view in order for it to be eligible for search across all view types.

CRS

Don't see how it could. Unless you're not using Foobar's superior audio processing options and were only int Foobar for faster app booting.
Do you have a site or guide that can help with foobar's audio processes options? I'm slowly but surely moving towards Foobar.

Cudder

actually having a Queue is probably my favourite thing in this update. Love having it on my Galaxy Nexus using PowerAMP, it's good I can do it on the computer now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Right click, get info and check the sorting tab. Sometimes they will have some stuff there that will split it in iTunes.
That's what I was doing. Not sure what the issue is. There's only about half a dozen songs that are doing it, but it's annoying.

mollipen

I've calmed down a little, but I'm still not liking some of the changes that have happened here. Absolute worst offended is this stupid new column in Artists / Genres view - why in the world can't I make that column go away? I don't want it! If I could get rid of it, I'd be much happier than I am now.

Still don't like the completely gimped Songs view, still don't like the new Podcasts section. Do like that color icons for the sidebar are back, though.

I keep some music on my music folder, the rest on my hard drive.

Itunes lost everything on my harddrive during the update. Which is annoying.

Overall its been good thus far though.

kami_sama

I have to say that I love the new iTunes, only thing I don't like is that there seems to be no song list.

Also, any way to make the miniplayer stay on top always?

Majine

Banned
Sigh, why couldn't they just sync podcasts with their app? Now I'm continously only going to listen via my phone.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No jump to the song in your song list arrow? What is Apple doing? Why are they removing all the basic and handy features?

kr2t0s

In Album View - is there a way to make the size of the album icons bigger? You could adjust them to any size before - I like seeing my album art really big.

mollipen

Sigh, why couldn't they just sync podcasts with their app? Now I'm continously only going to listen via my phone.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean syncing what has been played between iTunes and the new iOS Podcasts app? Isn't that supposed to be here/be coming? I do things the old way (iTunes + Music app on iOS), so everything works (or at least was, haven't checked yet) fine for me.

Majine

Banned
Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean syncing what has been played between iTunes and the new iOS Podcasts app? Isn't that supposed to be here/be coming? I do things the old way (iTunes + Music app on iOS), so everything works (or at least was, haven't checked yet) fine for me.

I Have a podcast library on the iOS app that I can't export to iTunes. In On This iPhone / Podcasts, it shows only the downloaded episodes and not them as subscriptions.

OK, so, I figured out how to make a Genius Playlist.

It's in a menu you get by clicking that little arrow next to the song's name in Now Playing. Oh, and the arrow only shows up when your mouse is over it.

Not so obvious, Apple. -_-

Edit Although, it's nice you can now queue songs for "Up Next". A feature I've actually missed since the old days of WinAmp.

Kammie

I'm pissed about album art being gone on the Song view. It's the only way I can navigate my library while looking at specific tags, and with 21K songs, a wall of text is the last thing I want to see.

In the Artist and Genre views, you have the sidebar, but you can't Ctrl-click on multiple items to open them both.

Also, Song view is laggy as fuck when I click on a new field on the browser. It takes like a second to register.

And the toolbar that you get when you minimize the player (I like using it) only comes up if I click on the minimize button on the top right, not if I minimize in any other way.

On the positive side, the ability to queue songs is awesome... love it.

Top Bottom