• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iTunes 11 |OT| Let me expand on that

Kareha

Does this one finally fix the problem with foreign language characters? With 10 it's a crap shoot whether my Japanese and Chinese song titles show up as square boxes or the actual characters.

iOS on the iPhone or the iPad never has any problems with showing foreign language characters, but for some reason iTunes on Windows has always had this problem.

Not having any issues with Japanese titles, although I didn't have any issues with any other version. Could be a problem with the tag type, make sure they're being tagged with a Unicode friendly tagger.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So pretty.

PnKeh.png

Cudder

Not using an auto fetch program. I'm using album artwork assistant. You select an album in itunes, then go to it and hit get album, and it automatically searches google for the name of the album. Then you right click on whatever you want to use and it immediately uses it. It's still the same as manually finding album artwork, just a lot better than having to right click and get info and then typing in the name and dragging the artwork.

Dude...thank you so much for this program..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK. Found a nifty feature. Go to a playlist and click Add To... and you can see your whole library and the playlist side by side. Certainly makes it easier.

mollipen

If you're talking about iTunes DJ, I don't want to use that crap!

Anyway, it's nicely presented, and you can drag and reorder stuff on the list. Thumbs up from me.

You could do that via iTunes DJ too! You could set how many songs it'd queue up in advance, set which playlist songs were coming from, see a list of what songs you'd played, and a lot of other stuff. It was a nice little feature, and you should feel ashamed for calling the poor thing "crap". :(

seems like it will always be practical. as long as you leverage the Search field (which is fucking incredible now), there'll be no reason to leave this view.

Except that it doesn't seem to search a lot of ID tag fields you used to be able to search, meaning you can actually find less with it now. (For example, I used to be able to search for content in the Grouping tag—not any more!)

Enco

OK. Found a nifty feature. Go to a playlist and click Add To... and you can see your whole library and the playlist side by side. Certainly makes it easier.
Or you can drag a song/album and the playlists bar will appear on the right.

Man

Redesign is superb but won't start using iTunes again before they're offering streaming subscription ala Spotify.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
My favorite so far...

(Love this movie. LOVE this album.)

Somehow the dark green just works with the orange and red text. Beautiful. I wish it showed the playcount there too.

Also, hows come no one is talking about the RETURN OF COLORED ICONS IN THE SIDEBAR!?

This gives me high hopes for 10.9's Finder getting them back too. *crosses fingers*

Majine

Banned
So what's the consensus? Is it a better experience actually or is it just that new app smell at the moment?

Overall it's certainly better than 10, the album view is incredible and the Miniplayer will be useful. It's just that I also see alot of missed potential all over the place. Like podcasts.

So what's the consensus? Is it a better experience actually or is it just that new app smell at the moment?
I really won't be able to say until the new app smell wears off, right now I do not like list view not having album artwork and the album artwork being gone from the bottom left.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK. How do I make iTunes stop playing my local library and start playing a Home Shared Library. The stop button doesn't appear so i can't use the old method of Stop and Play.

Enco

No it isn't. If so, it's out in specific regions... Like America.
It's out everywhere I think. At least in the US, UK and Canada.

Is it just me or is the song title/artist in the now playing bar at the top slightly blurry with the black drop shadow?

goodfella

Oh shit, so it automatically makes a theme from the colours of the album art. I assumed it would only work when the music had been downloaded from iTunes.

waypoetic

Banned
Got it fine in South Africa, just need to use the Apple Software Update method

Use what now? Via their website? I went like this in iTunes : Help > Look for new version (i have my iTunes in my native language so i actually don't know what it actually says in english)

Shads

Also they've seem to have removed the Stop button. So switching from a iTunes Store preview back to your library requires you to skip forward to stop playback.

I noticed that too. The closest thing I found to stop everything, I clicked on Up Next and selected "Clear", then click on Up Next again and selected "Clear" a second time and that would stop everything from playing.

I do like the fact that I can play a preview and go somewhere else in the store or back to my library without it interrupting.

And that Album Art background color effect is really awesome. I haven't found any albums that looked terrible yet, which is surprising to me how they do this. And so far, performance doesn't seem much better for me, but I don't really notice it being any worse either.

Top Bottom