• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

i know i'm gonna get this game ( digital ) around release ..but i still don't know what character will be my main...

Decisions Decisions.....

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'll have to wait to get this, but MAN do I want it :( If this was releasing in the West, would have been able to get it much before Titanfall XD

You'd think it'd be impossible for anyone to challenge Kenshiro... y'know, except maybe Arale.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Will this game be on the Japanese PSN?

I'll pick up a digital copy of Project Diva F 2nd later this month, so might as well add more credit to the wallet and buy this too.

jtan

Katekyo+Hitman+REBORN+81.jpg

Cannot wait to use my boy Tsuna!

Namikaze

I preordered the Vita version, will get it a few days after launch. Hopefully it's native res and runs well, should be fun.

baekshi

Banned
Gundam Full Boost has one iirc, and that's also a Namco title. Since this game is similar to that one... I'm a little nervous. :(

Not exactly.

The DBZ didn't have one, or any other namco titles I know of. I think Full Boost was the first title to have it.

Soul Sacrifice Delta also has online pass and I have no idea why sony still hasn't dropped that.

Oga is awesome, and it seems he can dash in the air using his marks. I'm not sure if he can do that willingly, or if it's part of a combo. I hope it's willingly, because that would make him a great dashing character.
Gintoki looks fun to play. I'm still not sure how he can do a successful kamehameha. Not sure on the special condition that's needed, unless it's random?
Tsuna looks really fast, and I'm liking that air X Burner. Wish they added the ice in the Zero Point Breakthrough move, but oh well. It's still cool.
Ichigo looks meh. He just doesn't have anything that makes him special like the other characters had. Except that death ultimate.

Liking Tsuna, and linking to the new character vids. I'm already liking the new member. Welcome.

ss-hikaru

Only missing Eyeshield 21.

This disappoints me too :( Sena probably would've made a good support character. Or Hiruma, yeah that would've been hilarious!

Disappointed at no Gintaman but I will add myself to the doc once I've decided on which version to get.

Would be bestest 'GAG STRIKER' ever XD And then they should add the Gintaman theme song to the anison edition *nods*

Katekyo+Hitman+REBORN+81.jpg

Cannot wait to use my boy Tsuna!

I have missed his voice soooo much.

J-Tier

This disappoints me too :( Sena probably would've made a good support character. Or Hiruma, yeah that would've been hilarious!

Sena probably would've made a good playable character too with a moveset similar to Taro (which is mostly flying headbutts). Lots of tackles and dashes. Then he can probably summon Hiruma to shoot up the opponent, Kurita to slam them from above, and Monta to grab them.

18-Volt

They excluded all of non-combat mangas. Yu-Gi-Oh, Death Note, Bakuman, Black Cat, Psyren, Muhyo & Roji (one of my favourite Jump series), I"s, Eyeshield 21. But I don't understand exclusion of Yoh from Shaman King, Nura from Rise of the Yokai Clan or Kazuki from Buso renkin. They seem perfect fit for a game like this. Kazuki was one of my favourites from Ultimate stars.

I was looking at a discussion on J-Stars, and someone mentioned something funny. Is it true that Gintoki's death pose is making fun of Yamcha's?

j4GxqcWUpcozy.jpg

iyXhLZfYWWkCL.jpg

If this is true, then consider me in tears. That's hilarious XD

Jarate

Banned
anybody hear anything about how it's like

I don't have my PS3 right now, so I won't be getting it, but im wondering if the game is just a decent fanservice game, or a really good fanservice game

ss-hikaru

I read that preorders get a book with info on all the characters featured. I hope that applies to amiami orders too, need to brush up on my Jump history :p

They excluded all of non-combat mangas. Yu-Gi-Oh, Death Note, Bakuman, Black Cat, Psyren, Muhyo & Roji (one of my favourite Jump series), I"s, Eyeshield 21. But I don't understand exclusion of Yoh from Shaman King, Nura from Rise of the Yokai Clan or Kazuki from Buso renkin. They seem perfect fit for a game like this. Kazuki was one of my favourites from Ultimate stars.

Good point, although wasn't Black Cat combat/action as well? So I guess the support characters are mainly from currently running/recent manga with no tributes to the older stuff :(

I was looking at a discussion on J-Stars, and someone mentioned something funny. Is it true that Gintoki's death pose is making fun of Yamcha's?
If this is true, then consider me in tears. That's hilarious XD

Sure looks like it XD

Netto-kun

Woah, thought I was only seeing things when Gintoki did something that looked like the Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken stance in some of the older trailers (his version is "Moero! Ore no nanika!", "Burn! My something!",which charges stamina). And they even added the soy sauce squirting mechanims to his wodden sword (conveniently called "Shouyuken", soy sauce sword). Too.damn.brilliant.

Now do I main Arale, Bobobo-bo bo-bobo, Gintoki, Goku, Joseph, Kenshin, Kenshiro, Luckyman, Luffy, Oga & Beel, Seiya or Toriko ?_?

mankoto

Psyren and Black Cat can really fit in here. I can understand if Train if boiled down to some sort of support character, but Ageha kicks ass.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I want to believe this game is going to be good. I saw a preview of someone playing it though and it seemed like the action felt kind of shallow, wish there was a demo.

Astarte

I want to believe this game is going to be good. I saw a preview of someone playing it though and it seemed like the action felt kind of shallow, wish there was a demo.

From what I've seen, it just seems a bit clunky. Yeah, I wish that there was a demo too so I can hopefully eat my words.

I'm not really worried about it being too shallow, unless it's really shallow - I had a ton of fun with Ultimate Stars and it's not like that was exactly street fighter.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really do think Gintama would be up my alley, especially since I have volumes 1 through 7, though damned if I have the time to watch all the episodes or catch up on the manga.

While I'm thinking about it, we know characters have to be unlocked, but does that support characters as well? Like, are their worlds part of the Story Mode as well? Will we see other characters from their franchises appear, seeing as we know characters like Kakashi from Naruto & some of the cast from Bo-Bobo (who I cannot wait to see how they react to discovering Luffy's rubber power...though they might shrug it off considering their world) will make appearances.

L Thammy

Some of the Ultimate Stars manga that didn't carry over to this game are combat manga, or at least feature it as a strong point. Kinnikuman, Ninku, Rokudenashi Blues, Houshin Engi (albeit that's more about trickery than fighting). I think Jungle King Tar-chan as well. Rokudenashi Blues and Kinnikuman seem to be the big sellers among those.

Are we positive there are no more characters who are being kept secret/unlockable?

Any featured manga would probably have been advertised, but maybe there's more characters for the current ones. Or maybe some of the support characters may become playable. I'm a little surprised that Edajima Heihachi isn't playable, he even had his own spinoff manga.

I really do think Gintama would be up my alley, especially since I have volumes 1 through 7, though damned if I have the time to watch all the episodes or catch up on the manga.

While I'm thinking about it, we know characters have to be unlocked, but does that support characters as well? Like, are their worlds part of the Story Mode as well? Will we see other characters from their franchises appear, seeing as we know characters like Kakashi from Naruto & some of the cast from Bo-Bobo (who I cannot wait to see how they react to discovering Luffy's rubber power...though they might shrug it off considering their world) will make appearances.

I know the support characters worlds are part of the story mode, since some of them were on the world map. I remember seeing Kaimei Academy (Sket Dance school) on the world map.

If the support characters need to be unlocked, I don't know of.

Top Bottom