• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

lonely

Ugh college means I'm not gonna have time to game for the next two and a half months. It's going to be so hard having this sit unopened for so long. Wait for me gaf!

FSLink

Banned
Because, as with the custom soundtracks feature and Anison edition of Gundam EXVS, some people would rather pay for the convenience of not having to buy all the songs & configure them in custom mode individually.
You still have to manually assign tracks in the Premium Sound version of Gundam Extreme VS so you don't really get much convenience as far as configuring the tracks.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Welp Ami Ami asked for payment so I should get the game some time next week maybe. Just hoping that I don't get hit by ducking custom charges.

Sesha

Recca is from Shonen Sunday.

My J-Stars 2 list is:

- Dark Schneider (Bastard)
- Sakuragi (Slam Dunk)
- Taikoubou (Houshinengi)
- Ryuji Takane (Ring ni Kakero)

Oh, that's right. I forgot. I always think of it like a Jump series for some reason.

Would love Darsh, but I don't see them ever adding him.

ss-hikaru

Doesn't the vita take screenshots? Idk why people always get camera pics lol

I haven't played around with my Vita much yet, how do you take screenshots? Pretty sure there'll be heaps of good opportunities for screenshots with this game :p

Yeah, people are pretty mad right now about it. Lots of people are crossing there fingers for it to be true.

I'll be both if it's true since I shelled out for the anison ver....but it would be so great to be able to put your own songs in. Still not happy about Pray being the song for Gintama :mad:

We're starting to get gameplay videos rolling out from some early purchasers. Here's one that's finally not off-screen gameplay. It's J-Adventure mode, but only the start of Ichigo's story. So if you don't want spoils, don't watch too much of it. I'm personally just skipping to the fight scenes.

My play-asia order hasn't shipped yet. I don't know why it says that my order is unpaid, yet I paid 3 days ago. Hopefully they ship it by today, and I can get it by Friday. I used Fedex Economy, which I'm guessing is just as good as Fedex.

EDIT: ShonenGamez just translated all the menus.

They also confirmed that you can put your own songs in the game.

BGM Edit Mode:
You can use songs already in the game or add your own songs ATRAC/AAC/MP3/Wav or WMV are useable!
All songs are for use in a playlist to play during battles.
Currently you cannot use custom songs during Online play.

EDIT 2: I didn't want to make a new post about this, so I'll just edit this one.

This is the funniest attack I've ever seen before. Aizen literally has to give a speech before using his super, and can't be interrupted or it'll be unsuccessful. It takes him like 20secs to do it, lol.

C-Sword

Are there any reviews for this yet? The last time I bought an anime-themed game was Battle Stadium D.O.N., did not like it.

Takao

Banned
Are there any reviews for this yet? The last time I bought an anime-themed game was Battle Stadium D.O.N., did not like it.

It hasn't officially come out in Japan yet, and the one pre-release review we have is from a very unreliable source.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

DON was total garbage. This game can thought of as Gundam Vs. Gundam with anime characters. Should be much better!

Lyte Edge

I know it's late for this, but I wish this game had more than just Jump characters. Would have loved to have seen Shonen Sunday characters in there, too- specifically Ranma and Lum.

EDIT: And...nevermind. I see that Shueisha owns Jump and Shogakukan owns Sunday. Confusion came from both companies' books getting published in English by Viz, who apparently is owned by both publishers.

Just saw a video on Niconico where somebody played with the 1st Jojo OP in the background. It was so cool hearing the theme while fighting. I can't wait to put some songs into the game. I'm gonna put "Baka Survivor" (Bobobo) for the lolz, and "Hero" (DBZ) for an action packed match.

I'm not sure what specifically can be editied for music, but I know for sure the BGM can be edited.

Netto-kun

BGM Edit confirmed? Awesome! Time to grab those Gintama, DBZ, One Piece OP songs and Bloody Stream from RecoChoku...if all of those are available.

baekshi

Banned
Anyone pre ordered with Nippon Yasan and have their orders shipped? I think I had it with them, second time that they might not ship until like 3 to 4 days after. I pre ordered it a month ago

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
My play-asia order hasn't shipped yet. I don't know why it says that my order is unpaid, yet I paid 3 days ago. Hopefully they ship it by today, and I can get it by Friday. I used Fedex Economy, which I'm guessing is just as good as Fedex.

Fedex Economy is a little slower than Fedex, I ordered Sengoku Basara 4 when it came out and it shipped Tuesday and I did not receive it until the following Monday but I live on the eastern coast of the U.S so I guess it depends on your location

Here's some online gameplay (Sasuke). This is probably the best video yet.

Fedex Economy is a little slower than Fedex, I ordered Sengoku Basara 4 when it came out and it shipped Tuesday and I did not receive it until the following Monday but I live on the eastern coast of the U.S so I guess it depends on your location

Guess I'll have it by Monday at best then (east coast as well)? Oh well, I'll get by with all the gameplay videos that'll be coming out until then.

Ahahahaha! WHAT?! That's fantastic.

I'm not sure if Aizen does something like this on the show, but it's hilarious how long that speech is. I was waiting for the attack to end, but he just kept talking.

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
I'm not sure if Aizen does something like this on the show, but it's hilarious how long that speech is. I was waiting for the attack to end, but he just kept talking.

Yeah in Bleach they use magic known as Kido and they can just generally use a spell but apparently using the incantation prior to using the spell makes it stronger hence Aizen speaking for like 30 seconds before casting.

Anyone pre ordered with Nippon Yasan and have their orders shipped? I think I had it with them, second time that they might not ship until like 3 to 4 days after. I pre ordered it a month ago
Nippon Yasan preorder as well, not yet shipped as well. Think they basically ship when the deadline they set is up, probs not the most efficient of preorder delivery system tbh.

Shinriji

This is the funniest attack I've ever seen before. Aizen literally has to give a speech before using his super, and can't be interrupted or it'll be unsuccessful. It takes him like 20secs to do it, lol.

Aizen never fails to deliver the troll.

Aizen_by_Vampirella87.jpg

•Luffy
•Naruto
•Toriko
•Ichigo

Which story mode are you guys going through first when your game arrives/downloaded?

I think I'm gonna start with Luffy so I can get Ace unlocked ASAP =P

•Luffy
•Naruto
•Toriko
•Ichigo

Which story mode are you guys going through first when your game arrives/downloaded?

I still don't understand how unlocking characters works, but you *might* be able to get Ace right off the bat by buying him. I don't know, though. ;_;

But I'm going to play as Luffy or Ichigo first. I probably shouldn't since I don't really want to play as the other two much, but I'll get over it. :p

Yeah in Bleach they use magic known as Kido and they can just generally use a spell but apparently using the incantation prior to using the spell makes it stronger hence Aizen speaking for like 30 seconds before casting.

That makes sense. I didn't know what he was saying, so I thought he was just giving a speech.

•Luffy
•Naruto
•Toriko
•Ichigo

Even though Luffy is my favorite character, I'm probably going to do Ichigo's first. Only because his story mode has Oga in it. I'm planning on maining Oga, so it'd be best to play as much as I can as him on story mode.

FYC

Banned
I still don't understand how unlocking characters works, but you *might* be able to get Ace right off the bat by buying him. I don't know, though. ;_;

But I'm going to play as Luffy or Ichigo first. I probably shouldn't since I don't really want to play as the other two much, but I'll get over it. :p

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too. I thought you could earn coins in Vs. and unlock all characters that way. Didn't have plans to even bother with story mode until a translation is out.

From reading GameFAQs board apparently all characters can be unlocked with coins etc but you are apparently limited by the progress of the story. So apparently you start of being able to buy 2 characters.

Strange mechanic for unlocking characters, and yeah Oga looks to be a good brawler. I have no affinity with Toriko as well XD, I should really read/watch the manga/anime but it feels like Shueisha's pushing it down on people cause Naruto and Bleach is ending soon XP

SykoTech

Main complaint I have is that Rukia is support-only, but I guess Kubo brought that upon himself by constantly making her look worthless.

Ironically,
now he decides to make her strong and give her a Bankai. Finally, but it was too late to do anything about it for this game.

Oh well, maybe in a sequel....

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Main complaint I have is that Rukia is support-only, but I guess Kubo brought that upon himself by constantly making her look worthless.

Ironically,
now he decides to make her strong and give her a Bankai. Finally, but it was too late to do anything about it for this game.

It felt like
he actually did want Byakuya to manhandle that guy in her stead... But he probably read the angry comments on 2ch after the chapter where he showed up and changed his mind.
He clearly hates Rukia with a passion, despite loving her peach.

Ironically,

...There are people still reading Bleach!?

I'm kidding of course, but I lost interest and stopped reading after that whole Fullbring arc. Though you're absolutely right, she has been useless for some time. I like her more than Ichigo, for whatever that's worth.

I mentioned it on the last page but I'll say it again... I know D.Gray-man isn't even a SJ manga anymore, but man, it was decently big in Japan when it was. Bumping Allen Walker to playable and maybe making Lenalee support, since they were both playable in the DS games, wouldn't have been too much to ask. I mean, we have Medaka. Why do we have Medaka and not them? :( They were really generous with all the other franchises... Tsuna, for example, was a surprise to say the least.

how much about custom soundtracks are known right now? i really want to get the anison edition, but i havent ordered it yet. I saw they have a ton of copies on amazon but play asia and amiami are sold out. if the game has fully customizable soundtracks though its not too bad.

JKTrix

This game can thought of as Gundam Vs. Gundam with anime characters.
I keep seeing this and bristle every time as someone who really knows the GvsG games, particularly the most recent ones. I suppose it's the closest comparison that people may have actually played, but it just don't sit right with me.

Lyte Edge

I keep seeing this and bristle every time as someone who really knows the GvsG games, particularly the most recent ones. I suppose it's the closest comparison that people may have actually played, but it just don't sit right with me.

It's like you said...closest comparison and same developer, too, I thought?

Anyway it's just the easiest way to describe the game.

Top Bottom