• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

18-Volt

Good point, although wasn't Black Cat combat/action as well? So I guess the support characters are mainly from currently running/recent manga with no tributes to the older stuff :(D

Psyren and Black Cat can really fit in here. I can understand if Train if boiled down to some sort of support character, but Ageha kicks ass.

I don't remember any hand to hand combat in Black Cat, it was all about guns. None of the characters in the roster use firearms, so Train Heartnet wouldn't be a good fit. He was shooting instead of hitting in ultimate Stars.

Some of the Ultimate Stars manga that didn't carry over to this game are combat manga, or at least feature it as a strong point. Kinnikuman, Ninku, Rokudenashi Blues, Houshin Engi (albeit that's more about trickery than fighting). I think Jungle King Tar-chan as well. Rokudenashi Blues and Kinnikuman seem to be the big sellers among those.

Rokudenashi Blues, Tarchan were only support characters in JUS, plus them and Ninku, Cobra are pretty old mangas and not as popular and known as Fist of the North Star or Nube. Newer generations may not know what they are, I can understand their exclusions. I think they excluded Kinnikuman because it's more of a sports manga than combat manga but yes, he would be an awesome addition. I have played the crap out of his game on Gamecube. So fun.

L Thammy

Rokudenashi Blues, Tarchan were only support characters in JUS, plus them and Ninku, Cobra are pretty old mangas and not as popular and known as Fist of the North Star or Nube. Newer generations may not know what they are, I can understand their exclusions. I think they excluded Kinnikuman because it's more of a sports manga than combat manga but yes, he would be an awesome addition. I have played the crap out of his game on Gamecube. So fun.

According to Wikipedia, Cobra sold much more than Nube, although it's certainly older. I imagine that they left out Kinnikuman because he's a grappler in a 3D game, and Maeda Taison didn't appear in either because it's harder to make a boxer without superpowers seem interesting and unique with this sort of cast.

Not complaining about the roster, though, I was just noting that it's not just Black Cat and Busou Renkin getting ignored. Time and budget means that only allows so much can go into the game.

J-Tier

I don't remember any hand to hand combat in Black Cat, it was all about guns. None of the characters in the roster use firearms, so Train Heartnet wouldn't be a good fit. He was shooting instead of hitting in ultimate Stars.

Joseph Joestar actually uses a Tommy Gun I believe.

Will possibly get for Tsuna. Should've had another Reborn rep though. Enma would've been dope as fuck

For some reason I think they counted Oga/Beel and Tsuna/Reborn, as 2 characters from their series. I would have liked to see a villain from each. Maybe Byakuran for Hitman Reborn, and Jabberwock for Beelzebub (or
Furuicchi with tissues as a joke villain
).

ss-hikaru

For some reason I think they counted Oga/Beel and Tsuna/Reborn, as 2 characters from their series. I would have liked to see a villain from each. Maybe Byakuran for Hitman Reborn, and Jabberwock for Beelzebub (or
).

Xanxus from Reborn would've made me so happy...

Evilisk

I was looking at a discussion on J-Stars, and someone mentioned something funny. Is it true that Gintoki's death pose is making fun of Yamcha's?

j4GxqcWUpcozy.jpg

iyXhLZfYWWkCL.jpg

If this is true, then consider me in tears. That's hilarious XD

I can't believe I didn't realize this. This is amazing.

).

Now I'm sad that this didn't happen :/

Now I'm sad that this didn't happen :/

It would have been a good opportunity for a joke character. I can just imagine Furuichi being put into the villains group, and wondering why he's paired up with them. They're all talking about world destruction and killing the heroes, while he's wondering how to get back home. His movelist would probably be pretty easy to make, since he can use all of the moves of the
Pillar Squad

According to TV Tropes it's episode 100.
Also:
gin202-03.png

tumblr_mxuw6vi0h91sycuvlo2_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mxuw6vi0h91sycuvlo3_r1_250.gif

Episode 202, 1st episode after taking a break.

I guess I was right about the Yamcha reference. Gintoki goes all out on insulting Yamcha, lol.

Trace

Banned
My japanese friend is picking this up for my for the PS3 day of release and delivering it next day, gonna be fun to finally be able to punch that snotty Naruto in the face with Ichigo.

I was surprised the other day when I found out Kuroko was in this, I'm excited to see how he plays.

Kuroko isn't playable. He's a support character. We've seen him use his ignite pass but the only concrete thing that is known is that his Misdirection will cause attacks to miss.

I pre-ordered my copy through Amiami and haven't gotten dinged for payment yet. I'm a little surprised since it is supposed to come out Wednesday correct?

Shonengamez just translated the first 7 pages of the guide book. It was a survey for all the featured mangaka. Some of the questions were who they wanted to play as the most in the game, who in the game are they most fond of other then your own, how would you match the characters from your own series against the others, etc.

I like Yusei Matsui Sensei's (Saiki mangaka) response to the what characters are you most fond of other then your own question:
"Sket Dance because I wanted to use them."

I know that feel Yusei, I wanted to use them too :(

The mangaka that are featured are Gintama's, Toriko's, Saiki's, Koro-Sensei's, Kuroko Basket's, and Koichikame's.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's been confirmed, that there's Victory Mode co-op. So you can take on some of the challenges on Victory Mode with a friend on split-screen. There's also a battle replay mode for those that like to save and watch there online matches.

dubq

Anyone have an idea of who has the best deal for this online? Amazon is selling it for 7900 JPY, which works out to about $87 CAD.. was going to order it with my next mega shipment from Tenso.com but wanted to see if there were any better online outlets for it price-wise.

So some guy in Japan got a copy of the Vita version. He posted all kinds of screenshots of the game. Most of it is just options and basics. Things like the controls, menus, etc.

I'm not sure if I should post them or not. Anyways, he posted a pic of the music menu in the game. I'm not sure if it's just a menu for listening to music, or editing the music. I'm not sure if it was music from the game, or his own music from his Vita. I saw "Raging Blast" on the song selection, so I'm not sure. I hope it's custom song editing, because I would love to have "Stairway Generation" playing on the Gintama stage.

So some guy in Japan got a copy of the Vita version. He posted all kinds of screenshots of the game. Most of it is just options and basics. Things like the controls, menus, etc.

I'm not sure if I should post them or not. Anyways, he posted a pic of the music menu in the game. I'm not sure if it's just a menu for listening to music, or editing the music. I'm not sure if it was music from the game, or his own music from his Vita. I saw "Raging Blast" on the song selection, so I'm not sure. I hope it's custom song editing, because I would love to have "Stairway Generation" playing on the Gintama stage.

Go for it, especially if he uploads in game screenshots, I don't think we've seen the Vita version at all yet.

Platy

No english option confirmed then ?

Takao

Banned

It's 2014 and people still don't know how to take Vita screenshots : /

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The screenshots are on GameFAQs. Just check the J-Stars PS3 board.

Nothing special (no game play screens) and yeah, LOL, it is funny that the guy didn't just take Vita screenshots.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
From GameFAQs:

did some digging for the question regarding an online pass and found this:

http://jbbs.sh--itaraba.net/bbs/read.cgi/game/56864/1394629273/ (no hyphens, silly gamefaqs)

post #503 on this page is from a user who seems to have the game early, as they write "The coins you use to buy characters is made pretty easily. I have already bought half of them. There is no online pass. There is no training mode."

Granted it could be anyone, but just something I found and wanted to pass along.

Definitely says no online pass:
オンラインパスなし

Go for it, especially if he uploads in game screenshots, I don't think we've seen the Vita version at all yet.

Here's the post on GameFaqs with all the screenshots. Sadly, they are pics of it off-screen. I think people don't know how to take in-game screenshots on the Vita yet.

The screenshots are on GameFAQs. Just check the J-Stars PS3 board.

Nothing special (no game play screens) and yeah, LOL, it is funny that the guy didn't just take Vita screenshots.

That's actually where I get my info from. Lots of people on that board are usually the first to put up the new info.

Koppai

Damn I hope someone translates the menus or I just bought a $60 disc for no reason :(

Would be amazing if we popped this into our NA PS3's and the menus appear in English.

My hype is through the roof. Already booked off work on Wednesday.

And yeah, the GameFAQS board isn't too bad. I'll bounce between here and there.

There might be custom soundtracks in this game. In other words, you might be able to put your own songs into the game's stages.

Someone did a quick translation of the BGM screen, and got this from the bottom row.
"In editing your sound list, you can choose tracks originally in the game or switch them out with your own original tracks. These original songs can be selected in-game."
We will get confirmation tonight, but just letting people know that you may be able to put "Brand New World" on the Alabasta stage. Well, at least that's what I'd put on the Alabasta stage lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wouldn't custom soundtracks kind of put people off from getting the Anison Edition since they could...ya know, customize the soundtrack to put the songs in themselves?

Ok, I'm sorry to be that guy that shows up to the thread late then has a bunch of questions... but I've got a question. This game looks like it plays a lot like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series. Does anyone know if that's about right?

EDIT: Good lord, so much news is unrolling right now. It's like something new is confirmed every second. Someone translated the control menu picture. Some of the controls confirm that you can give your partner commands. Such as support, change target, taunt, and ultimate attack. I'm guessing some knew this (Gundam Extreme VS players), but some people like me who haven't played that game. This is some nice news to hear.

Wouldn't custom soundtracks kind of put people off from getting the Anison Edition since they could...ya know, customize the soundtrack to put the songs in themselves?

Yeah, people are pretty mad right now about it. Lots of people are crossing there fingers for it to be true.

LegatoB

Because, as with the custom soundtracks feature and Anison edition of Gundam EXVS, some people would rather pay for the convenience of not having to buy all the songs & configure them in custom mode individually.

No training mode? How do you miss such a basic feature??

TO BE FAIR, Gundam Extreme Vs, which this game seems to take a lot after, didn't have one either; You could get pretty much the exact same effect by going into the normal Vs mode, pitting yourself against some CPUs with their difficulty on "Stand/Do Nothing", and setting the point meter and time to infinite. I'll assume you'll be able to do the same here.

Top Bottom