• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

3 more days for me. Monday can't come soon enough!

EDIT: I just noticed that my package's weight is pretty big. So that means I might get the J-Book that comes with it :D

mvo

Neo Member
When you're playing through J-Adventure, make sure to purchase the ship upgrades in the points shop. I went through all of Luffy's adventure mode without a single upgrade on that slow ship. Should save you some time while navigating through all the cities. Be sure to equip the upgrades from the menu. You're more than likely gonna have more jpoints than you can buy characters with, so the sooner, the better. I have all the playable and support characters with 90k jpoints left over.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
and cdjapan shipped it. expected delivery tomorrow. this is way better than lazy nippon yasan and them having "too many orders".

LOL, saw that the other day when I contemplated cancelling my P-A pre-order. Glad I did- should have it tomorrow.

That depends on if it's cheaper for you to download a digital copy than importing a retail copy.

Well I just remember after posting that I only have a 20gb hard drive thats full so I either need to get a bigger hard drive (well I need to regardless) to get a digital copy or I need to import a physical copy which will probably take the same amount of time to come in :X

Well I just remember after posting that I only have a 20gb hard drive thats full so I either need to get a bigger hard drive (well I need to regardless) to get a digital copy or I need to import a physical copy which will probably take the same amount of time to come in :X

J STars is only 3.7 gigs on ps3

Anyone got the preorder bonus book?
II it worth the extra money?

I haven't seen the bonus book myself (I'm trying not to spoil anything for myself so I've been steering clear), but I heard it has a whole lot of info on the different characters. I even think it looks like a manga book. I don't think they're being included with pre-orders anymore. Even some people who pre-ordered it a month ahead of time didn't seem to get it.

ss-hikaru

I haven't seen the bonus book myself (I'm trying not to spoil anything for myself so I've been steering clear), but I heard it has a whole lot of info on the different characters. I even think it looks like a manga book. I don't think they're being included with pre-orders anymore. Even some people who pre-ordered it a month ahead of time didn't seem to get it.

Aw, disappoint :( I think I pre-ordered when amiami restocked so my chances are pretty low then...

Man, online is disappointing me. It's difficult to
find matches and then there's the fact that when you bring in CPUs you can't even pick which character they are :/ I hope they add this feature.

DedValve

Banned
Just a few questions, are all the characters unlocked from the start or do you have to unlock them?

What are the modes? Naturally I'd be loss so I'm assuming there's arcade & versus. Any videos that goes through the menu so I know where everything is?

The cheapest you can get this is probably play asia correct?

Can vita players fight ps3 players?

And this is the most important question PS3 or Vita? Actually I might go for ps3 for the sheer craziness of local play.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Most characters have to be unlocked via earning points & buying them. There's a few single player modes, like J-Adventure which is the story mode, & Victory Mode, which each character goes through different stages & fulfilling requirements to complete it, like a time limit or whatever.

I don't recall cross-play with online, but it does have cross-save so you can transfer your save from one version to another.

It sounds as though if you people to play it with locally, get PS3, otherwise Vita might be your choice if you're fine with just online, care more about single player, &/or want it on the go.

http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett/b/512424761

brett streaming... i hope brett is playing jp ppl because lag looks bad
It might just be the iffy framerate. I get drops a few times but other than that I was playing online with someone from the States pretty much flawlessly.

Yup! Ryotsu is really fun. I'm dying for my friend to come over tonight, I really need to play more. I'm absolutely in love with this game.
Do you have any favorites yet?

xero273

It might just be the iffy framerate. I get drops a few times but other than that I was playing online with someone from the States pretty much flawlessly.

it's probably the framerate then watching i see like slight pause or something.. basically it isn't running smooth is what I'm seeing.

it's probably the framerate then watching i see like slight pause or something.. basically it isn't running smooth is what I'm seeing.
Yep, the framrate is... not good when you are hitting destructible objects around the stage.

EDIT: I'm watching it now and none of my matches have looked like that. Must be a problem on one of their ends.

I placed an order on Play-Asia on Tuesday night while the product page said, "In stock, usually ships within 24hrs." and that wording is still on the site right now. It has now been almost 48 hours and my order status has not changed from "Preparing order."

Meanwhile, I'm reading that people who ordered from CD Japan have had their orders ship shortly after ordering, even though the site said, "Usually ships in 3-7 days."

I wish Play-Asia would have at least been more conservative with their estimate like CD Japan. I feel like I should cancel my order just because I don't like being misled.

Dereck

The lack of practice mode sucks because I have no idea how to play and nothing makes sense.

I know I can read up on translation menus and whatnot, but this is probably the last time I try to play a Japanese game, the game is probably really good too.

I placed an order on Play-Asia on Tuesday night while the product page said, "In stock, usually ships within 24hrs." and that wording is still on the site right now. It has now been almost 48 hours and my order status has not changed from "Preparing order."

Meanwhile, I'm reading that people who ordered from CD Japan have had their orders ship shortly after ordering, even though the site said, "Usually ships in 3-7 days."

I wish Play-Asia would have at least been more conservative with their estimate like CD Japan. I feel like I should cancel my order just because I don't like being misled.

Even people that ordered it back in January-February had the "preparing order" status on their order for a while. It wasn't until Wednesday till now that people's orders had started to ship. The game is pretty popular, so I'm guessing they were backed up with orders. I ordered in February, and my order didn't change until Wednesday night.

They said there getting another shipment on Friday, so hopefully your order changes by the end of the day. If not, then you can contact them or cancel your order.

FYC

Banned

Nah, not really. Only played once or twice as most characters, though I have played a ton of Naruto. I'll have to play a bit more to decide on a team. Naruto's pretty great.

The lack of practice mode sucks because I have no idea how to play and nothing makes sense.

I know I can read up on translation menus and whatnot, but this is probably the last time I try to play a Japanese game, the game is probably really good too.

Some basics

Square / Triangle are melee buttons and can be chained together in various ways. You can also hit square or triange while blocking(R1) to use two other moves. Spamming either of these buttons lets you do an 'easy combo', I believe.

Circle activates a special move. You also have Forward + Circle and Block + Circle for two other moves. These come at the cost of energy, which is recharged as you fight, or you can hold down block + x and recharge it manually.

Moving around with the left stick while blocking will let you sidestep. I don't know if this is only applicable to some characters, but I think if you block right before an attack, you'll teleport at the last second.

R2 is dash. Some characters(Goku, Vegeta, Ichigo) can dash in the air and fly around.

L1 locks on to the nearest targer, L2 calls in your support character.

If your team is doing more damage, that Victory Bar(?) at the top will shift in your favor. When it's full, you'll get a notification to hit R3 to activate Victory Burst, which lets you use an ultimate attack or transformation after a short animation by hitting R3 again. For instance, Goku will use Spirit Bomb, Naruto activates Kyuubi Mode, etc.

Might be wrong on a few things, haven't played in a bit. Experiment in Free Battle(third menu), you'll get the hang of it!

13300566065_ddc81e443d_c.jpg

Did a PS3 and Vita unboxing, will be uploaded here!
http://youtu.be/HhG3iWSMRyM

Includes PS3 and Vita footage.

I'm just trying to figure out how to lock on in the vita game......
(Edit: To lock on in the vita game, just tap the map on the touch screen)

Also, that Mazoku!!!
13300720693_5c7bfb464d_z.jpg

Dragoshi1

Got my copy, unlocked BOBOBO, Medaka, and Chitoge.

Going through Toriko's story mode, and Zebra is my new main; he is a BEAST.

This has probably be posted 1,000 times but I guess Kumagawa was just too based to be playable? I mean seriously who wouldn't want to
lose
with this scamp.
kumagawa.jpg

Also should've had Ajimu over Medaka.
Good thing they have Raoh, Gintoki, Toguro and Korosensei. I'll probably check this out later.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This has probably be posted 1,000 times but I guess Kumagawa was just too based to be playable? I mean seriously who wouldn't want to
lose
with this scamp.
kumagawa.jpg

Also should've had Ajimu over Medaka.
FOOL, IT'S ABOUT THE HAND BRA JEANS!!

Also, Ajimu would make for a great boss in a Medaka Box or Shonen Jump crossover game...most SNK Syndrome boss of all time.

Dragoshi1

In story mode, when getting ready to fight a random encounter ship, it says pressing select does something, something about a "2", is this co-op enable mode?

how do people feel about this game? Now that I have played it more I'm starting to like it more. Feels like there is a very fine balance between attacking, dodging and defending. If you just rush you leave yourself open to attack.

In story mode, when getting ready to fight a random encounter ship, it says pressing select does something, something about a "2", is this co-op enable mode?

I remember someone saying that you can play story mode, and victory mode with 2 players. So that's probably it.

FYC

Banned
I really like how easy this game is to pick up thanks to every character's moves being mapped to the same commands, similar to Smash Bros. Honestly have not had this much fun in a long time. Love, love, love, love this game.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, some characters can transform just by charging energy all the way. You actually have two bars and you'll transform once you hit the cap(Goku turns Super Saiyan, Ichigo puts on his Hollow Mask, etc.).

Top Bottom