• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road Kickstarter project [Ended, $435K funded]

Tmdean

Banned
I've been keeping track of the Kickstarter progress in a Google doc and it's looking like they will just barely make it to $300,000.

The running average for the last few days has been about $3,400. Since there are 22 days of funding left they will end up at $315,494.

Here's a nice chart.

xxx9M.png

I've been keeping track of the Kickstarter progress in a Google doc and it's looking like they will just barely make it to $300,000.

The running average for the last few days has been about $3,400. Since there are 22 days of funding left they will end up at $315,494.

Here's a nice chart.

xxx9M.png

Have you tried Kicktraq?

Tmdean

Banned
Have you tried Kicktraq?

Thanks for the link. I haven't seen that site. I think its projection differs from mine because it's projecting based on the performance over the entire duration of the Kickstarter, while I'm only projecting based on the performance over the last few days. I think that makes more sense, since the rate of funding has been gradually dropping off, but of course there could be a surge at the end that their method would account for better.

fov

Nice podcast interview with Jane went up today at Just Press Start. She talks about the Sierra days, her plans for the studio.... it gives some insight into what she's hoping to do that I don't think has come through yet from the Kickstarter campaign.

El-Suave

I'm a fan of the Gabriel Knight games and a backer, but I haven't played Gray Matter yet. If I want to play it right now Xbox 360 is my only option though. Is that version competent or should I wait till I get a PC that is fit for gaming?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm a fan of the Gabriel Knight games and a backer, but I haven't played Gray Matter yet. If I want to play it right now Xbox 360 is my only option though. Is that version competent or should I wait till I get a PC that is fit for gaming?

Is your PC that bad? I know my boyfriend ran the game just fine on a five year old laptop.

El-Suave

Is your PC that bad? I know my boyfriend ran the game just fine on a five year old laptop.

Yup, it's old and it has gotten a lot slower over the last few months, it has problems with the GOG version of GK2. But the good thing is that all these Kickstarters will make me get a new PC down the road and probably get me back into PC gaming. It'll be a few months though before I'll buy one, I would have acted much sooner if tablets hadn't become such a great alternative for browsing the web. As soon as the first project I've backed hits, I'll make my purchase.

On topic - there are Kickstarter updates where Jane introduces one of the teams she's working with and she details the work process. The children's e-book they did looks quite nice.

It would be doing a lot better if it wasn't such a mess at the beginning.

Guessing a lot of people didn't like what they saw and never checked in again.

tmarques

That would be tragic. Leisure Suit Larry somehow managed to raise over 600k for a remake that looks like a Flash game.

That would be tragic. Leisure Suit Larry somehow managed to raise over 600k for a remake that looks like a Flash game.

I find it unlikely they won't make it.

The worst day they had was $2000, (yesterday they got $4500) and there are 15 days left. Even if the campaign were to flat line from now on, they could probably put together the $35000 they're lacking in the 15 last days.

I'm gonna be a bit optimistic and say they'll end with 400.000, I don't think that's unrealistic.

I like reading about video games and even I still don't quite get what this project is, the whole thing should have been better explained in the pitch video.

mclem

I like reading about video games and even I still don't quite get what this project is, the whole thing should have been better explained in the pitch video.

It's evolved over time, but right now you're funding a graphical adventure by Jane entitled Moebius. Other things may also happen, but Moebius is the definite.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke

I agree with this. The whole thing seems to be to far reaching and not focused on a specific game. It feels more like a fund raiser by membership vs. a great game they want to make.

MrBud360

This is a campaign for a mature audience. Who knows Jane Jensen, and played her games. Its more difficult to find them today on the internet, because not all mature gamers know about kickstarter. It´s not a shooter, it´s not a action game, it´s not a game by Tim Shafer, who manager to get a new audience with his actions games, it´s a game from the best adventure writer ever, Jane Jensen. So we know the game its gonna be great. Better then anything that is getting releases on XBox or PC. We are waiting a long time for Jane´s return. So if you dont trust her, you shouldnt trust anyone in the game industry. Her 3 last games made me cry. She is a god. We need more believers, this is that best thing that happened for the adventure gamers in the last 10 years. It´s our last chance to get them back. We had almost 3 generations of the same games. I have all the consoles, but nothing compares with a good adventure game, with a good puzzle. Finished Gray Matter last week, and despite of some gameplay flaws, it´s a gorgeous game! Like no other on this generation.

With Jane until the end. Love you!
╬҉ ~ St. George's Knights: Paying for Our Fathers' Sins $6.66 at a time ~ ҉╬
Marcio Araujo

JoseJX

I'm sure they'll make the 300k, but I was (foolishly) hoping for 600k so we'd get two Jane Jensen games. Oh well.

We do! Jane just announced that we'll get two at the $50 and up level! Apparently a publisher is going to pay for the 2nd game, and it'll be something that we'll be "excited" about...

MrBud360

2 Jane Jensen Adventure Game!!!!!!!!! We need to change the Thread Title!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY F@#@# GOD!!! This is the best kickstarter ever!!!!!!!

El-Suave

So awesome, this must have been the "best news ever" tweet - I'm seriously considering going from $100 to $200 now. One big box game made the $200 tier unreasonable, now I'd get two big box versions and they'd be signed.
Announcement video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di0bQJuMLHA

It's so important that they get a good first season. The following seasons will be much easier, especially if a GK game is in the cards.

mclem

Well, gosh. Now I need to think long and hard about doubling my pledge. I really like big boxes.

And if I do that, it's really not a big step up to the 'all three design bibles' tier. Gah!

Edit: Hmmm. So Mystery Game X is a game we'll be excited by. And the content of the previous update was a video from the guy who played Gabriel in GK2, for which Jane added that she'd love to work with him as well. And we know she's been fighting to get the GK rights.

IuLd9.jpg

MrBud360

Nothing like a good old game box!!! And now we get two!!!! Ahahaha

Sierra+Vintage+Collection.png

My 5 Old boxes kickstarter games:

Tim Shafer Adventure
Wasteland
Larry Reloaded
Moebius
Jane Jensen Mystery game X!!!!

I need a new shelve right now!!!!!

~Kinggi~

Banned
So awesome, this must have been the "best news ever" tweet - I'm seriously considering going from $100 to $200 now. One big box game made the $200 tier unreasonable, now I'd get two big box versions and they'd be signed.
Announcement video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di0bQJuMLHA

It's so important that they get a good first season. The following seasons will be much easier, especially if a GK game is in the cards.

oh boy oh boy yaaaaay!!!!! 2 games! So awesome. Might do a 50$, which would be the most ive donated on kickstarter so far.

Vlodril

Very nice. I was considering dropping my pledge from 50 to 15 since it seemed unlikely that it would reach 600k, but now that i am getting two games i am definitely leaving it at 50.

Wish it was grey matter 2 though :)

vocab

Cool two games. Hopefully this doesn't have any impact on the overall quality on the games. I'll buy them day 1.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
She can't say it's a game we'll be excited for and have it not be Gabriel Knight 4. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

:<

~Kinggi~

Banned
Where can I see the original Kickstarter video with Jane's daughter? :-D

Nvm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjJUPUw-H3E

Yay ;-)

oh hot damn she is pretty. Also, the Holmes family seem to live on a really beautiful location. I would love property like that to raise a family.

Good to see a second game coming. Since Gray Matter 2 was the second choice in the poll, I'd say it's safe to say it will be that?

it will probably be something else that the publisher agreed to. Since it is publisher driven. Hopefully future games dont have to be publisher driven. They just added the second game as incentive for the kickstarter because they had all these tiers designed for multi game years.

mclem

Good to see a second game coming. Since Gray Matter 2 was the second choice in the poll, I'd say it's safe to say it will be that?

It's not. When the vote happened they indicated that the second game *could* come from the poll but implied that that wasn't set in stone. Possibly because they had some other game in mind...

Top Bottom