• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
guys

Sandow and Rhodes are pretty good you guys

it's a shame the tag division isn't big enough to get them super over

I mean it's way better than it was (Superstars-level), but still

Striker

Rock/Punk already has a better build-up than Rock/Cena, and it took only a week.
It's going to need more than simple promos every week. Gets boring after two weeks of it. Taker-HHH did the same crap.

Should be a good day when Bryan separates on his own and gets into the main event once again. PTP didn't look too good there.

strobogo

Banned
Johnny The Bull. He had a small run in WWE 2003 as Johnny Stamboli in the WWE version of the Full Blooded Italians.

He suffered a torn urethra. He couldn't even stand up after that. He did return a few months later...

...only to completely shatter his ankle after landing on his feet from a monkey flip by Kwee Wee.

Yeah. Such a weird injury. He got put in the ring WAY too early. All of the power plant guys did around that time, but he was not even close to being ready for more than 5 minute Saturday Night practice matches. He was constantly fucking up up moves, spots, slipping off ropes. I'd like to know who approved that spot and thought it was a good idea. There was no way he wouldn't get injured from jumping 15 feet onto his tail bone onto the floor and a chair.

It's going to need more than simple promos every week. Gets boring after two weeks of it. Taker-HHH did the same crap.

I think that the reason Taker - HHH was shit the second time around was because the promos were terrible and the reason for the match was beyond stupid "I know you beat me last Wrestlemania... but really I beat you!". Punks promos however have been spot on so far in this feud, if they continue to be just as good then the feud will be great. The fact that you were a detractor from his nigh' superlative mic work on Monday kind of already suggests the reason you think this feud will fail is because you already think it has.

Personally I'd much rather see both men slowly dissect each other over the next few weeks on the mic rather than see something idiotic thrown in the mix.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I forgot to watch for Smackdown so I only caught the very end of The Rock/Team Rhode Scholars so I'll have to catch that on Youtube, and too bad WWE themselves spoiled the WHC match, it was a good one though.

somedevil

They're finally doing Del Rio proper.

They need a Mexican babyface draw and they gave up on Mysterio and Sin Cara and now its Del Rio turn and if he fails:

CDbEH.jpg

I forgot to watch for Smackdown so I only caught the very end of The Rock/Team Rhode Scholars so I'll have to catch that on Youtube, and too bad WWE themselves spoiled the WHC match, it was a good one though.

Which makes me glad I wasn't reading their site or any of their feeds this week, because that was one of the most surprising things I've seen on Smackdown in so long.

Kacho

Gold Member
He's just a transitional champion again

I don't expect him to be a meaningful champion or anything. I'm just speaking on how they're making him face, giving him the belt, make the crowd sympathize and care. They're doing things that actually make you want to watch him!

They need a Mexican babyface draw and they gave up on Mysterio and Sin Cara and now its Del Rio turn and if he fails:

CDbEH.jpg

That's pretty fucking funny.

I don't expect him to be a meaningful champion or anything. I'm just speaking on how they're making him face, giving him the belt, make the crowd sympathize and care. They're doing things that actually make you want to watch him!

I'd reserve my judgment about them making the crowd care about him until they go to someplace in the midwest and show that he is over, I'm not buying it. What has his character development been since turning face? What has been done that will get him cheered away from a large Hispanic audience? Hell, Kofi gets a bigger pop than face Del Rio has been getting

Top Bottom