• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Could you, back in the NXT days, ever believe Skip Sheffield to be main event material?

Skip-Sheffield-skip-sheffield-25083381-512-288.jpg

Not until Nexus debuted. Then again I had high hopes for Michael Tarver.

QiJCd.jpg

Laserfrog

Yeah Kojak is good, but I find it hard to relate with him. With Columbo he let them think he was a messy idiot when in reality he was the best police detective whatever lived. I'm a messy idiot when in reality I'm a messy idiot. Also I don't even like lollypops, too much sugar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Kojak is good, but I find it hard to relate with him. With Columbo he let them think he was a messy idiot when in reality he was the best police detective whatever lived. I'm a messy idiot when in reality I'm a messy idiot. Also I don't even like lollypops, too much sugar.

Huh, I always appreciated Kojak's "bend the rules but don't break em" style and how well he delegated his tasks to CROCKAAAAAH and his IRL brother on the show. Good stuff.

A lot of men who seek women can take a lot of advice from Kojak's school. He was a hell of a guy and had the BEST suits. My god that fit!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, aside from losing his job, apparently AJ and Trent Baretta did break up recently. Poor guy.
Well, no fucking duh, lol. I called it when she made out with Kane. Unfortunately, you don't make it to this level as a woman in the WWE by sucking off Trent Baretta.

tm24

Nice hype for the GWF DPPV sunflower, sounds like it's going to be a great show.

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Brian Cage is a f'n machine;

isHPRyzu8aY6f.gif

Wait til you see the DDT4 stuff. Cage had a few crazy spots, but it was all about Elgin and his crazy strength. Its weird that the strongest people in PWG list goes Elgin, than Cage and then Roddy and his FRS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You were an Elvis tribute artist? Tell me more!

It's a serious thing - kinda like how if you want to be a Santa Claus, there's a whole licensing procedure and more.

I look like Elvis, so I went with it. Still got my turquoised phoenix jumpsuit and more.

Laserfrog

It's a serious thing - kinda like how if you want to be a Santa Claus, there's a whole licensing procedure and more.

I look like Elvis, so I went with it. Still got my turquoised phoenix jumpsuit and more.

Is there any photographic or video evidence documenting this momentous news from your past?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any photographic or video evidence documenting this momentous news from your past?

Yep, there is.

Also, helpful hint - do NOT call them Elvis Impersonators. It's Tribute Artist.

O0GJI.jpg

tm24

There never going to let PAC do any of his moves. Right? :\

The reverse rana is most definitely out. BUt his finisher will probably be the 630. If anything, Kofi will be out of a job after PAC starts being the guy who is in the air for what seems like forever with his moves but his moves will actually be good

I didn't think they'd fuck up Barrett as much as they did.

I don't think anyone did but those with understandable eternal doubt (shout outs to Net_Wrecker!), screwing up Nexus? absolutely (hello Summerslam!), having Barrett fall into the abyss with it and spend over two years climbing out? not as such.
They had numerous great opportunities to build a star with Barrett in the later stages of the Nexus storyline but the mothering protection for the Golden Boys Cena and Orton scuppered that quite handily, even so I considered that it was perhaps too soon for him and WWE were going to give Barrett a slower build.
Instead enter midcard purgatory, escape is near impossible.

I miss his promos from the Nexus days, a confident heel with a solid grasp on how to deliver an effective promo, that was like 2 and a half years ago now! I'm making do with Barrett getting a few seconds in the backstage interview spot to try and sell why his meaningless midcard match up has any meaning (hint: it doesn't).
Why the mid card don't get any real story progression will forever confuse me.
and as Soul pointed out, fucking Big Show, yeah accidents happen but still...fucking Big Show.

Speaking of Show, I think giving ADR that WHC victory over Show in such a way kind of undervalues all that Show had gained in his recent run, ADR got dicked on by Sheamus for like every month last year, Big Show though was the man to finally decisively beat Sheamus multiple times yet now i'm supposed to buy that ADR can one up the Sheamus Slayer in a throwaway title match with a build up so far off the radar that I genuinely thought that there was no build up.
ADR's title win feels incredibly ineffective, hell just look at the Wrasslegaf reaction, it might as well have been the divas title changing hands with the relatively small amount of fucks given, not that I dislike ADR at all but now really doesn't feel like the time and at this point i'm almost thinking it's just a way to have Ziggler make this upcoming anniversary Raw a memorable one.

The actual title match was pretty solid, with a strong main event ppv build behind it I think ADR could've got the people truly behind him but instead it's just another "big" moment for ADR that feels just as empty as all his other "big" moments like the Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank, never has a wrestler with so many accolades in such a short space of time felt so uninteresting.

Laserfrog

Yep, there is.

Also, helpful hint - do NOT call them Elvis Impersonators. It's Tribute Artist.

O0GJI.jpg

You're the one that looks like Elvis. You've really done it all, been a body guard in Brazil, an Elvis tribute and fought in Vietnam. You're like Forrest Gump but real and not an idiot.

Kaladin

Roode cracked me up last night when he told Aries to go up for the 450, "Do this thing" while making hand motions like the flips.

Roode and Aries stole the show last night.

Mengetsu

NERDIST PODCAST: CHRIS JERICHO
WWE Champion Chris Jericho sits down with Chris and Matt to have a riveting conversation about network mergers, talk about Jericho’s love of comedy, and classic TV show spin-offs!

Jericho talks about how Lanny Poffo could suck his own dick :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JryNACrlYeU

Edit: CM Punk did one as well.

NERDIST PODCAST: CM PUNK
WWE Champion CM Punk invites Chris into his home to teach him about wrestling! They also talk about being on The Talking Dead, acquiring injuries, and how the professional wrestling world has evolved over the years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPL9Ovch8aU&list=PL1AED2C65D41E0536&index=16

I don't think anyone did but those with understandable eternal doubt (shout outs to Net_Wrecker!), screwing up Nexus? absolutely (hello Summerslam!), having Barrett fall into the abyss with it and spend over two years climbing out? not as such.
They had numerous great opportunities to build a star with Barrett in the later stages of the Nexus storyline but the mothering protection for the Golden Boys Cena and Orton scuppered that quite handily, even so I considered that it was perhaps too soon for him and WWE were going to give Barrett a slower build.
Instead enter midcard purgatory, escape is near impossible.

The Justice League ran those dastardly Nexus goons out of the bulding, and Cena singlehandedly beat them after GETTING DDT'd ON CONCRETE.

DDT.

ON.

CONCRETE.

It was over the minute it started.

The Justice League ran those dastardly Nexus goons out of the bulding, and Cena singlehandedly beat them after GETTING DDT'd ON CONCRETE.

DDT.

ON.

CONCRETE.

It was over the minute it started.

That one sign in the crowd at Summerslam 2010 of a cartoony Cena with a massive shit eating grin on its face was such a perfect summary of the finish, fittingly it got full on camera treatment right before the show ended, it's a vivid memory for sure.

Ithil

It's Aaron Neville week!

tumblr_m6wnlsM0wR1qfjkvio5_250.gif

tumblr_m6wnlsM0wR1qfjkvio6_250.gif

He must need some serious kneepads to stop his knees getting destroyed at a young age from all those splashes and ranas, almost all of them have his knees absolutely crashing into the mat.

He and Ricochet are out of this world at high flying, though. Kofi "Klumsy" Kingston looks like a joke compared to them. Not to mention, PAC can also wrestle well, not just fly around.

UberTag

ADR's title win feels incredibly ineffective, hell just look at the Wrasslegaf reaction, it might as well have been the divas title changing hands with the relatively small amount of fucks given, not that I dislike ADR at all but now really doesn't feel like the time and at this point i'm almost thinking it's just a way to have Ziggler make this upcoming anniversary Raw a memorable one.
To prove your point one need look no further to the reaction to Christian getting jobbed out of the World Heavyweight title after two days.
Or D.Brine losing the same title at Mania in 18 seconds.

Now compare that to the reaction (or lack thereof) towards Del Rio getting the win over Big Show. Talk about your devalued title changes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're the one that looks like Elvis. You've really done it all, been a body guard in Brazil, an Elvis tribute and fought in Vietnam. You're like Forrest Gump but real and not an idiot.

What can I say? I also stormed the beach in WWII.

No really though, Elvis Tribute Artist for a brief stint.

To prove your point one need look no further to the reaction to Christian getting jobbed out of the World Heavyweight title after two days.
Or D.Brine losing the same title at Mania in 18 seconds.

Now compare that to the reaction (or lack thereof) towards Del Rio getting the win over Big Show. Talk about your devalued title changes.

They shouldn't have given it to Christian in the first place as it was an Attaboy title.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
RIP Eve and her gatlike theme song

I'm going to miss it.

SHHHHHEEEEE LOOKS GOOD.TO.ME.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I better be in that tag team title match....who do I pay to rig the lottery?

Honestly I'm scared about the tag team ladder match. It might go on forever. :/ Might do it "separate" from the main story so I can change the match experience to Quick.

Aiii

So not worth it
TMZ.com has an article about Hulk Hogan filing a $50 million lawsuit against the Laser Spine Institute in Florida. LSI performed several procedures on his back starting in 2009 to treat multiple lumbar spinal abnormalities including scoliosis and multiple bulging discs, but Hogan claims that the procedures actually made his back worse and says he was never informed that the laser treatment only provided temporary pain relief.

Hogan eventually underwent major back surgery with a different team of doctors and says he missed out on tens of millions of dollars in employment opportunities. If that’s not bad enough, Hogan says LSI used his name and image to promote their business without his permission.

If this company kept us from seeing Hogan in the ring, I say we raise the 50 million dollars collectively as a thank you to this fine fine company.

Top Bottom