• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

tm24

Guys, its 2013. Lets start off on the right foot! Lets not be all Zack Ryder up in here

PldZM.jpg

And lets get excited for the good 2013 will bring, like Chikara Season 12!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLgSxhjqVjs

Laserfrog

The bits where they cut out the letter 'F' in the WWE '13 game were really jarring, specially when it was old commentary and stuff like that.

And changing of classic logos to not have the F in them, it's like revisionist history, I'm glad they've sorted it on the DVD/Blu-rays front.

Also G-fex as soon as you stopped watching my stream of the Dune game it bugged out and my character died. I don't know when I last saved was.

This thread has gotten ridiculously out of control. Can we get back to how awesome Team Hell No is?
The highlight of 2012, i'm pleasantly surprised that they've lasted this long as a team, but the RR will probably be the beginning of the end.

The bits where they cut out the letter 'F' in the WWE '13 game were really jarring, specially when it was old commentary and stuff like that.

And changing of classic logos to not have the F in them, it's like revisionist history, I'm glad they've sorted it on the DVD/Blu-rays front.
It's really annoying, i'm not far into the Attitude era mode but one of Trips first promos is like a minefield of WW*blank* and it does my nut.

G-Fex

The WWE is a big lie

You know what'd make up for this junk ?

Give Big E main event status and have him feud with Ryback and then give Ryback ultimate warriors gimmick and give Big E the Ahmed Johnson gimmick

Bam

Saved and made WWE that much better

You're welcome

strobogo

Banned
Apparently all are - which is wicked. The blurring was REALLY out of control.

Yeah, but now WCW stuff is being blurred since TNT or TBS were on the stages for Nitro and Thunder most of the time. I think it gets ridiculous when they go and blur out crowd signs that had terribly drawn scratch logos.

Diablos54

TIME TO WATCH RAW!

*Miz comes out*

Fuck sakes...

Edit: And now Cena? It's like the WWE don't want me to watch RAW... And they're friends now? Oh, yea, 3 month rule...

Edit 2: THANK YOU BASED SANDOW!!

Diablos54

Gandalf and Magnum PI? My god you suck Cena.

Edit: Miz/Cody in the ring, what does the audience chant? LET'S GO CENA/CENA SUCKS!! Idiots...

Partial card announced for SHINE 6, live on January 11th in Ybor City, FL, and worldwide via iPPV!

iM3f3VQV4T9Hk.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-01-11-13.html

. Amazing Kong vs Mercedes Martinez
. Reby Sky vs Jessicka Havoc
. Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. Made in Sin (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made) vs MsEerie (MsChif & Christina Von Eerie)
. Plus, signed to return;
. Rain
. Nikki Roxx
. Mia Yim
. Santana
. Su Yung
. Ivelisse
. Tina San Antonio
. And, signed to make their debut;
. Kimber Lee
. Leah Von Dutch

Looking like a great card already, that main event should be excellent. Also, really looking forward to Jessicka Havok vs Reby Sky - Reby's shown some good improvement in 2012, and her previous matches with Havok were some of the best in SHINE's short history that put over what a monster Havok is and allowed Reby to show good passion and tenacity. Here's a highlight video of their feud; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piMNEknSSNY The rematch should make for a fun encounter, but I still see Havok winning this one. Kimberly vs Leva is an interesting match too - I hadn't heard of Kimberly before SHINE, but she's been consistently one of the best performers on each show and will hopefully have a great match with her former tag partner Leva Bates. Also, looking forward to seeing Leah Von Dutch make her debut. She just completed her first full year in wrestling, but despite her lack of experience she's already been marked as a talent to watch in coming months. Would be good to see her wrestle Rain.

ixGJNg4Ofjjf2.gif
iPgfSU9VLUuxf.gif

Jessicka Havok <3

iv1GcpNay44m.jpg

Laserfrog

How will Tiger Garry fair in 2013? Who cares?! Tiger Garry lives in 2015! After quitting All American Wrestling over creative issues (mainly being renamed God's Son and having his gimmick changed completely). Garry finds himself in Federation Online a small internet indy fed. How will he fair out of the spot lights of the AAW?

Find out now! http://www.twitch.tv/laserfrog/

Ithil

Try to look past the writing and character.

Cena yells a lot to convey "passion", when he isn't delivering awful jokes in a silly voice. What makes that different than Ric Flair?

I don't look at "yells a lot" as being charismatic. For me, in a promo, charisma is pretty hard to quantify. At the least, I think the most important two things in being charismatic, in wrestling is first to always seem like you believe everything you're saying to be completely true (like you aren't playing a character, but this over the top character is the real you), and second, to be able to interact and control the crowd.

Neither of them are common, in the WWE, and the latter often follows on from the former. Cena can control an audience well enough unless its a heavily smark one, but I can't say he sounds like he believes much of what he says. He sounds like he's just half heartedly playing a character on TV.

For guys I feel always seem like they 100% believe the promos they cut are the truth, I'd point to Punk, Wade Barrett and Dean Ambrose. Daniel Bryan is getting there, too, and Kane feels like this when he's serious. Punk can also control a crowd easily, so he's the total package on the mic.

G-Fex

I'm unbelievably furious in real life

Lets just say I wouldn't know how to cut a promo

I need to chill but its hard to

Diablos54

Cena gets tagged in, 5MOD, match over.

Every fucking time...

Edit: Plus no selling the Disaster Kick, Fucking shitty Cena.

G-Fex

We'll just talk about the mysterious masked man Juan Cena instead.

Too bad he got buried by that which we don't speak of

Yeah let's talk about WCW instead

Remember that one time that Scott Steiner was sorry to Rick and told him to forgive him and that he hates that his nephew and nieces didn't want to talk to him and then as soon as they hugged Scott SWERVED HIM?

strobogo

Banned
It was pretty awesome. We should have a vote for the best WCW swerves. Scotty's original NWO turn was amazing. Buff's SWERVE after his neck injury was pretty great, too.

Then there was Arn turning on Dustin. And my favorite Sting swerve at Halloween Havoc 1995.

Just watched RAW. It may not be much of a turn, but I'll be curious to how Alberto Del Rio fares with matches against heels in 2013. Also Ricardo getting more ring time is great.

My wrestling New Year's resolution: Not to watch terrible episodes of Raw. I'll just make the most of the 5 episodes I do watch in 2013.

And on the Cena discussion: He's garbage and anyone praising his promos should turn in their wrestling fan card, no exceptions. This is fact and has no counterargument.

G-Fex

I just got a brilliant idea like right this second

What if

Stay with me

Stan Lee

Ran a wrestling promotion

So...it'd be like a CHIKARA that takes itself too seriously?

Well, it'd definitely have a bigger budget, and a chance of getting on TV. But what would the promotion be called? And would it feautre Marvel characters, or all new creations?

G-Fex

So...it'd be like a CHIKARA that takes itself too seriously?

Well, it'd definitely have a bigger budget, and a chance of getting on TV. But what would the promotion be called? And would it feautre Marvel characters, or all new creations?

New Stan Lee (c) inspired creations!

It would have to be better than those awful shows he made in the past

KissVibes

Banned
This, too.

I mean, sure, it's shitty that WWE used him because he got himself over and then dumped on him for having the audacity to get himself over, but it's shitty that a bunch of guys with far more talent than Ryder are stuck on the c-shows, or aren't ever given a chance at all. If he's dissatisfied, he can always go to TNA and change his name to Robbie Z, or something.

So wait, Zack Ryder does the work to get himself and his stupid Jersey Shore gimmick over and it's not fair of him to complain when there are better wrestlers who are just waiting around for something to be done with them?

Fuck that. Instead of the WWE actually letting him run with the title and using his popularity as an underdog to elevate heels, they stuck him in an angle designed to get John Cena over. Oh and they hijacked his YouTube show so he doesn't even have that anymore. That's fucking terrible and we shouldn't be shitting on him likes it's his fault. Ryder can easily improve his skills as a wrestler and get to the point where he could be a be a strong midcard face that kids root for and sells a lot of merchandise.

He'll never be main event level but he's sure as fuck better and more deserving than Kofi "all my moves look terrible" Kingston.

So wait, Zack Ryder does the work to get himself and his stupid Jersey Shore gimmick over and it's not fair of him to complain when there are better wrestlers who are just waiting around for something to be done with them?

Fuck that. Instead of the WWE actually letting him run with the title and using his popularity as an underdog to elevate heels, they stuck him in an angle designed to get John Cena over. Oh and they hijacked his YouTube show so he doesn't even have that anymore. That's fucking terrible and we shouldn't be shitting on him likes it's his fault. Ryder can easily improve his skills as a wrestler and get to the point where he could be a be a strong midcard face that kids root for and sells a lot of merchandise.

I agree with pretty much everything you said and definitely thought that Ryder could be a useful lower-card guy who was over with the kids (although, how much screen life does a Jersey Shore gimmick really have?). But no one's saying it's his fault that WWE wasted his popularity on Cena and then forgot about him. He works for a company that did nothing with him until he forced their hand, and now he's surprised they aren't doing anything with him again? All I'm saying is, I'm sure he's hardly living on a pittance, and that there are other oppertunities for him in wrestling outside of WWE if he's really that disatisfied. Personally, the only reason I gave a damn about Ryder in the first place was because he was getting himself over and that (before WWE got their foul hands on it) his youtube show was mildly amusing.

Top Bottom