• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Diablos54

Big Show vs. Ricardo? If only Ricardo had an actual chance. :(

Edit: Oh god, Mae Young wrestling? Well that ruins Eve fap time...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jessicka Havok <3

iv1GcpNay44m.jpg

That's right. Probably my favorite out there, but we'll see if ye olde Glamazon comes back around.

Laserfrog

Poor Tiger Garry is back in Wrestling School once again, so many setbacks for such a talented wrestler.

Also I'm getting another 360 off of somebody and if it works all okay I'll be able to mess around with WWE 13 some more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i don't get the wrestle kingdom part

NJPW PPV this week. Basically their Wrestlemania. Good writeup from Bootaaay embedded in the OP if you wanna look at those dudes.

strobogo

Banned
The thing with Ryder was he was fine as the internet guy who was misused and all that, but once he actually got screen time, you understood why he was an ECW and Superstars type of guy. He's really average in the ring and his character is an annoying douche bag, so it is kind of hard to have that as a face.

Diablos54

The thing with Ryder was he was fine as the internet guy who was misused and all that, but once he actually got screen time, you understood why he was an ECW and Superstars type of guy. He's really average in the ring and his character is an annoying douche bag, so it is kind of hard to have that as a face.
And yet crowds were going crazy for him at one point. I remember huge 'WE WANT RYDER' chants for weeks, even when he wasn't on the show.

Kacho

Yeah, Ryder wasn't all that great. They gave him some chances in early 2012 and it seems a lot of people went cold on him after that. His flame burned out quickly. It was fun to root for him for a bit, but he's just not all that interesting on screen and in the ring.

Diablos54

Punk a hero? I agree, Heyman, I agree! Heyman's awesome. 'HOW DARE YOU!'

Edit: WTF VINCE!? Heyman's not a wrestler! How is Vince the face here? He just put an innocent man in a TLC match with a green meathead!

Entropia

No One Remembers

And yet crowds were going crazy for him at one point. I remember huge 'WE WANT RYDER' chants for weeks, even when he wasn't on the show.

Yes, until he was in the ring and the crowd was silent.

Yeah, Ryder wasn't all that great. They gave him some chances in early 2012 and it seems a lot of people went cold on him after that. His flame burned out quickly. It was fun to root for him for a bit, but he's just not all that interesting on screen and in the ring.

Agreed that Ryder isn't that great. But you have to give him props for trying to make it on his own with his YouTube show. The problem is WWE decided to take control of that and gave into him getting on the air... but he got shoved down our throats by getting involved in that Cena/Kane/Eve angle.

If he was kept in the lower- and mid-card with a modest amount of screen time, then that'd be great for him.

Diablos54

Ricardo Del Rio is awesome! RICAAAAAAAAAAAAARDO, DEL RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIO!!!

Edit: Hopefully the Barrett Barrage elbows Kofi's head off.

Was Chris Benoit on the left side of the ring?

Yep, with a shit eating grin at that.

I actually found "Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story" when I went out today, I nabbed it for a fiver, a don't think i'll be able to stomach the documentary at this point but I only really got it for the matches anyway, i'm hyped for some Angle/Benoit RR 2003.

He's really average in the ring and his character is an annoying douche bag,
You just described John Cena. The problem with how they used Ryder was that they never protected him during his matches he always got beat down always. They made him into a loser in every way possible in ring and out. The one match where he got protected and looked good because his opponent was also making him look good was Ryder vs ziggler where he won the us title. Even then Ryder had to make up the feud on his Internet show because they weren't doing anything with it on tv. Wwe can get anybody over and keep them over if they keep shoving them down people's throats long enough. The push that Ryder got was somebody in the back laughing at him and trying to prove a point to everybody about trying to get over on your own

strobogo

Banned
So guys, I have the Saturday Night pack for 2000. They stopped airing original shows with the reboot, and I'm not going to do actual full reviews for them since they weren't angle driven shows, but I'll have pictures and maybe some brief highlights of randomness when they pop up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thank you for summing up WWE in 2012, WWE.com

I've thought about this and no, I don't agree with your assessment of 2012 WWE.

1. Legitimate WWE Champion, no hot potato championship (goes for pretty much every title in the company atm btw).
2. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk.
3. Team Hell No.
4. Great debuts, amongst which Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro and The Shield. Brad Maddoxx can be counted as well.
5. Rise of the tag-division.
6. John Cena lost alot of matches.
7. Current Big Show
8. And fuck you all, Dolph Ziggler and AJ are a great pairing.

Yes, there's bad, there's alot of mediocre, there's too much Raw on monday, but that's about it. All in all 2012 was one of the more enjoyable years of the last decade.

strobogo

Banned
My goodness, the sound machine on Saturday Night is so much worse than Impact or Smackdown. Jesus.

So far I've seen Curt Hennig vs an 80s Puerto Rican jobber, Lash LeRoux vs Al Green, and currently am in the middle of Mike Sanders (in full on Stunning Steve 1991 trunks) vs Kid Romeo. For some reason, I didn't remember Kid Romeo being so tiny. He's barely bigger than Rey I bet.

I've thought about this and no, I don't agree with your assessment of 2012 WWE.

1. Legitimate WWE Champion, no hot potato championship (goes for pretty much every title in the company atm btw).
2. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk.
3. Team Hell No.
4. Great debuts, amongst which Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro and The Shield. Brad Maddoxx can be counted as well.
5. Rise of the tag-division.
6. John Cena lost alot of matches.
7. Current Big Show
8. And fuck you all, Dolph Ziggler and AJ are a great pairing.

Yes, there's bad, there's alot of mediocre, there's too much Raw on monday, but that's about it. All in all 2012 was one of the more enjoyable years of the last decade.
The match quality has been excellent. NXT, Saturday Morning Slam, and Superstars continue to be my favorite shows

So does everyone in wwe 13 online spam running attacks . ?

Not that i've dared to find out myself by subjecting myself to WWE games online but spamming running moves has been the SDvsRaw/WWE sub series top ranking tactic for years now, at least in recent entries they made the counter to these an actual damaging counter based off your off the rope/irish whip moves, before that all you could do was wring their arm for like no damage and back then the spear and running STO were stupidly overpowered.

It boils down to the fact that trying to perform most damaging moves takes too much work by comparison to the pretty potent running grapples, I mean for example if you want to superplex someone now you've got to whip them into the corner, lift them on the top rope and then grapple, that's like 3 opportunities for someone to counter and they're obvious counters at that. A running move on the other hand, you can almost fling one out "outta nowhere!" so it's an easy tactic for the win by any means crowd.

And as per all tales related to WWE games, this shit would never fly in No Mercy.

strobogo

Banned
So does everyone in wwe 13 online spam running attacks . ?

Yes. It's so unfun. You'd think that wrestling fans would try to have fun and entertaining matches online, not just spam and try to win as quickly as possible. I've played against people who clearly are hacked and have infinite finishers and only do running attacks followed by finishers. I hate it. I wanted to go online and do crazy shit with some internet stranger. Not be so immediately frustrated that I don't even want to play offline.

Top Bottom