• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
I get the feeling, I quit watching for a few years after the whole Benoit thing happened and I hit an all-time low as far as interest in wrestling went.

But that's the thing, if you hate it, don't watch it. There's really no point, I was watching out of habbit for a long time before I quit. Watching something out of habbit is never good, you should watch because you enjoy it and if you don't, well then, don't and do something better with your time.

mooooose

ive only been watching on and off but i have a ticket to wrestlemania and a commitment to a friend that i will go even though i have no interest so im hoping things get better for me, otherwise ill will just be disappointed. the midcard is good enough right now but the main event is boring and the product is as stale as ever, overall. it was good with punk this summer and by the end of the summer is was back to being boring. the last thing to get me excited was lesnar and after he lost the cena match, it deflated every bit of enthusiasm i had for wrestling.

Mark Jindark?

Didn't he have Teddy Long as his manager right before he became the GM of Smackdown Playa?

I remember his shitty "looking at himself in the mirror" gimmick, while Teddy was (verbally) masturbating over him and smoke filling up the ring and shit taking 5 minutes of his entrance Every. Fucking. Time.

Fuck Mark Jindrak.

Aiii

So not worth it
Somebody gonna get they ass kicked.
Somebody gonna get their wig split.
Beat 'em up, beat 'em up, break his neck, break his neck.

...I hope Mark Henry returns within a few weeks.

Borman

I could probably meet Mark Jindrak at some point, if he wasn't in Mexico. He apparently slept on my wife's grandma's couch a lot when he was younger.

So do you think we will ever see Perry Saturn with WWE again?

Clearly his wrestling days are done but I bet they could make a heck of a DVD about his life. Might not be the best seller ever but I would buy it.

Last I heard he was at least visiting backstage when they where in the same town and he did pop by FCW to chat to the young guys recently.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe for occassional appearances while he has a backstage role, maybe at developmental.

A real return? Don't think so, I doubt Perry Saturn has enough relevance for that, most people won't know who he is and he was never the biggest star in WWE.

I've thought about this and no, I don't agree with your assessment of 2012 WWE.

1. Legitimate WWE Champion, no hot potato championship (goes for pretty much every title in the company atm btw).
2. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk.
3. Team Hell No.
4. Great debuts, amongst which Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro and The Shield. Brad Maddoxx can be counted as well.
5. Rise of the tag-division.
6. John Cena lost alot of matches.
7. Current Big Show
8. And fuck you all, Dolph Ziggler and AJ are a great pairing.

Yes, there's bad, there's alot of mediocre, there's too much Raw on monday, but that's about it. All in all 2012 was one of the more enjoyable years of the last decade.

1) I agree
2) I agree
3) They were fun for about two months, now the act is old. I hope it ends soon and Bryan is pushed back into the main event.
4) Agree, but then you have Brodus Clay, Tensai, and Ryback (who has been shoved down everyone's throat)
5) There has been more of an emphasis on the tag division, but it still is nowhere near where it should be. Also, outside of Hell No and Rhodes Scholars, most of the teams have received little to no story development in 2012.
7) Sheamus made-up for the few matches Cena lost. Until his recent feud with Show, the guy NEVER lost
8) Meh, he's Big Show. I liked Mark Henry's "imposing big man" act much better
9) I agree, but they have only been together a couple weeks. Dolph was shit on almost the entire year, and AJ turned from WrassleGAF darling to being the worst character in the worst storyline of the year.

2012 will always be remembered as the year Raw went to three hours and oversaturated their product. Most weeks Raw is hard to get through, and the declining hourly ratings reflect that. Because of that, I find it hard to give the 2012 WWE product anything more than a generous "thumbs in the middle" or a C/C+.

Maybe for occassional appearances while he has a backstage role, maybe at developmental.

A real return? Don't think so, I doubt Perry Saturn has enough relevance for that, most people won't know who he is and he was never the biggest star in WWE.

Nah I dont think ANYONE would think having him back on TV would be a good idea but doing something with developmental or something to do with the ex talent welfare thing might be good.

Seems like he would at least be able to bring something to the table.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who's our fourth horseman?
tumblr_mfs801slDp1r4ggquo1_1280.jpg
He has to have good facial hair.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.kayfabenews.com/cena-believes-fans-are-chanting-you-can-dress-well/

Cena believes fans are chanting “You can dress well”

WWE superstar John Cena is undeterred by the taunts of fans around the world because he mistakenly believes they are chanting “You can dress well.”

Blissfully oblivious to the fact that fans are actually chanting “You can’t wrestle,” Cena has continued to smile and salute wrestling fans everywhere.

“It’s an encouraging sentiment,” said Cena, who occasionally wonders if his colorful ring attire is actually a bit gaudy.

“It’s good to know the fans appreciate the way I dress — they’ve always been so supportive of me.”

Cena suffered mild hearing damage during a match against the Big Show several years ago, which may account for his mishearing of chants.

He also believes fans everywhere have been chanting: “Let’s Go Ce-na! Ce-na Rocks!”

Aiii

So not worth it
Is it just the character or does John Cena just have one of those faces you just want to punch?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to explain why Mark Henry is much more intimidating than Big Show because of the color of my skin but no matter how I would say it, it'd come out worse than it already sounds.

Also if you hate watching WWE but still enjoy wrestling itself, just quit watching WWE and put your time into another fed. Seriously, there's a LOT of good things to be had.

jred2k

I was going to explain why Mark Henry is much more intimidating than Big Show because of the color of my skin but no matter how I would say it, it'd come out worse than it already sounds.

Also if you hate watching WWE but still enjoy wrestling itself, just quit watching WWE and put your time into another fed. Seriously, there's a LOT of good things to be had.

Which makes you more uncomfortable, the "Sexual" or the "Chocolate"?

Aiii

So not worth it

They're not the same though, as far as gimmick goes.

Henry was the "I'm gonna kick your ass and there's nothing you can do about it" type of heel. Big Show is a more classic heel, yes he's strong, but there's alot of signs he's insecure about being able to beat somebody like Sheamus or for instance Del Rio.

Henry is a great monster heel, but Show has been an amazing classic heel. It helps that they're booking him to win instead of endless DQ wins they normally have for heels.

jmdajr

Toyota Center is excited to welcome WWE back to Houston when they present the 20th Anniversary of RAW Celebration and the return of The Rock on Monday, January 14! Don’t miss your favorite WWE Superstars like John Cena, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, CM Punk, The Divas, and many more live in action at Toyota Center!

Hype

Toyota Center is excited to welcome WWE back to Houston when they present the 20th Anniversary of RAW Celebration and the return of The Rock on Monday, January 14! Don’t miss your favorite WWE Superstars like John Cena, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, CM Punk, The Divas, and many more live in action at Toyota Center!

Hype

Curious if they'll bring out Bork again.

Aiii

So not worth it
"The Divas" is my favourite WWE superstar.

Heh.

Unless they start doing something wrestling-wise with AJ soon, I don't expect the Divas division to be around after WrestleMania this year. They either need to go all in or I expect them to just stop doing women's wrestling alltogether.

My mate just booked front row tickets for our local indie fed (Preston city wrestling) for April

Never been before but they've got Kevin Steen appearing so it should be good (I don't know much about steen but heard good things)

Also a 30 man rumble and tommy dreamer announced so far

Guzim

Heh.

Unless they start doing something wrestling-wise with AJ soon, I don't expect the Divas division to be around after WrestleMania this year. They either need to go all in or I expect them to just stop doing women's wrestling alltogether.

I think it was Maria who said she suggested that they should make WWE version of Bratz dolls of the Divas, and apparently management was very confused saying girls won't want dolls.

Poster for the January 25th Dragon Gate USA event, and some match announcements for the 26th & 27th;

icPRj2mwb2i6O.jpg

• Dragon Gate USA - January 25th - Santa Maria, CA;
    • John Morrison vs Akira Tozawa

• Dragon Gate USA - January 26th - Huntington Park, CA;
    • Tag Team Dream Match: The Young Bucks vs Jimmy Susumu & Ryo Saito
    • Singles Dream Match: Sami Callihan vs Akira Tozawa
    • Rematch of the Jeff Peterson Cup Finals: AR Fox vs Samuray Del Sol

• Dragon Gate USA - January 27th - Huntington Park, CA;
    • The Main Event: The Young Bucks vs Akira Tozawa & AR Fox
    • Special Attraction Match: Sami Callihan vs Jimmy Susumu

AR Fox is teaming with Tozawa on the 27th because CIMA isn't able to make it over for this tour, which is a shame. Interested in that Sami vs Tozawa match, and AR Fox vs Samuray Del Sol should be a fun flippy-do match.

Jeff Albertson said:
My mate just booked front row tickets for our local indie fed (Preston city wrestling) for April

Never been before but they've got Kevin Steen appearing so it should be good (I don't know much about steen but heard good things)

Also a 30 man rumble and tommy dreamer announced so far

Nice, from what I've seen PCW looks like a pretty lively crowd, should be a fun show. As for Steen, if you aren't all that familiar with him check out some highlight videos on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J71JJSoVQ7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3P96K3LzO8

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was Maria who said she suggested that they should make WWE version of Bratz dolls of the Divas, and apparently management was very confused saying girls won't want dolls.

Sounds about right.

Aiii

So not worth it

AJ's been over as fuck now for almost a year and she doesn't have a single piece of merchandise. How hard can it be to sell a shirt with her bow skull on it to the girls in the audience?

It's like they hate money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ's been over as fuck now for almost a year and she doesn't have a single piece of merchandise. How hard can it be to sell a shirt with her bow skull on it to the girls in the audience?

It's like they hate money.

Horrible role model though, they need Kaitlyn wigs! Now that's a role model. :3

Seriously though, did Lita have any merchandise?

Striker

Heh.

Pushing her in the ring isn't going "all in". It's still awful.

This is the same company who, despite years of opportunities, did not have a Beth Phoenix-Natalya feud, or many matches together competing.

Top Bottom