• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
But then what? Then where? Gah. They didn't release Natalya, right?

AJ vs Naomi II.

GImeN.gif

Striker

But then what? Then where? Gah. They didn't release Natalya, right?
We've seen people whine about AJ's stories, but she's constantly with top talent around her.

Natalya gets: fart joke gimmick, losing most her matches on TV (despite being the best wrestler in the company), creating a crush on the Great f'n Khali

Hey, at least they made her look good teaming with Beth Phoenix... no? Well, what about getting fat jokes from Michael Cole? Hmmm.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We've seen people whine about AJ's stories, but she's constantly with top talent around her.

Natalya gets: fart joke gimmmick, losing most her matches on TV (despite being the best wrestler in the company), creating a crush on the Great f'n Khali

Hey, at least they made her look good teaming with Beth Phoenix... no? Well, what about getting fat jokes from Michael Cole? Hmmm.

The whole Pin-Up Strong thing was ball-dropping (no innuendo) of a massive nature. Could have really been something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As for GWF, Sandman being walloped off the ladder onto the two below made for a nice looking finish.

I was pretty pleased that ladder match went under 10 minutes. Was terrified of a 45 minute hell match.

McNei1y

A few things regarding last night's Raw:

-Orton really should become a heel. I was hoping he'd turn on Ryback last night when he came out. It would've been awesome. I mean an Orton/Ryback fight wouldn't be too bad.
-Sheamus is a jerk. I'm confused at where he's going to be at Royal Rumble. Sure, he's in the rumble... but what else? Is it going to be a 3v3 match between Shield and Ryback/Sheamus/Orton?
-We'll never get nice things when Cena is involved.

Heritage Global Heritage Heritage Champion Heritage Heritage

Tony Chimel is insane.

It still cracks me up. During each wrestler's entrance, it was just "Global Wrestling Fighting Tag-Team Stampede Heritage Champion" then it just went completely crazy when the titles were won: "Global Heritage Wrestling Heritage Fighting Heritage Tag-Team Heritage Stampede Champion Heritage Heritage Heritage Champion Champion"

As for GWF, Sandman being walloped off the ladder onto the two below made for a nice looking finish.

I liked how Sandman was just chilling at the top of the ladder, waiting for a struggling Pepsi City to climb the ladder. Then he gets knocked off and falls onto Soka, knocking him down in the process. That was an awesome, short match.

Sun, I wonder if you should turn on K.O. or something like that if you ever do a triple threat/fatal four way match.. That way, it can be won without people constantly breaking up the pin or never pinning at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked how Sandman was just chilling at the top of the ladder, waiting for a struggling Pepsi City to climb the ladder. Then he gets knocked off and falls onto Soka, knocking him down in the process. That was an awesome, short match.

Sun, I wonder if you should turn on K.O. or something like that if you ever do a triple threat/fatal four way match.. That way, it can be won without people constantly breaking up the pin or never pinning at all.

Pretty sure I can do this if the GWF Time Budget allows.

Is that a mask of shame?

i haven't watched a RAW since Edge retired, said to myself i would start watching again this year but fuck, the show is atrocius. i'm only entertained by Punk and The Shield, and those guys don't justify sitting 3 hours watching the show.

i'll revert back to watching the PPVs only, since they recap what happened anyways and the in-ring product is much better than the weekly shows.

to wash the bad taste, match of the day:

Owen Hart vs Ultimo Dragon - WAR '92

http://youtu.be/cRaTxhN3mcM

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Soul can give us a little insight on that topic.

Soul is one pissed off man. I hear he's taking up arms to attack the Four Kings in GWF.

i'll revert back to watching the PPVs only, since they recap what happened anyways and the in-ring product is much better than the weekly shows.

to wash the bad taste, match of the day:

Owen Hart vs.Ultimo Dragon - WAR '92

http://youtu.be/cRaTxhN3mcM

Sometimes I skip PPVs too!

Oh, this match. THIS is cool. Excellent choice!

He was setting up one of those awesome yet contrived ladder match spots, suspend your disbelief!

SUNFLOWER!

Missed out on live GWF but caught the replay. As always, fantastic stuff. I really feel like we need to make a thread in Off Topic to promote your greatness.

Also, I think I want to get my haircut like RAINMAKER

tumblr_mg4qgfuhC91qdxoifo1_1357350665_cover.jpg

I need to find a good pic. Any help would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SUNFLOWER!

Missed out on live GWF but caught the replay. As always, fantastic stuff. I really feel like we need to make a thread in Off Topic to promote your greatness.

After GWF ends, its successor will probably need to separate itself from the Wrasslin OT. I hate stinking up the place but I'm really proud of a lot of it. Kind of guilty of that. :|

Oh wow, El Generico vs Rich Swann from PWG's Mystery Vortex is a ton of fun, great match and Generico made Swann look like a million bucks. Rich Swann's still not all there yet, but he's pretty close and 2013 should be a great year for him.

iTHl8D8q9guaP.gif
ibdq7aBm2OeIhH.gif

Awesome show so far, and I still have the main event to watch. Team ChopChop/DojoBros vs The Young Bucks may be the best opening match I've seen from 2012, they really stole the show.

So basically Del Rio is Mexican hero Cena now?

I joked his face turn wouldn't be complete until he starts making lame jokes and childish insults towards the heels a few weeks ago and well, thats that I guess. :|

Rock is still as lame as ever, his stuff is terrible but the idiots yuck it up. :| Listening to the commentators fake laugh, I can't roll my eyes any further. Why would Vickie put up with that shit?

I lol'ed when Booker had like an hour break in-between saying "EVE YOU WILL BE STRIPPED......................................... of the diva title." Stripped you say Booker? :O Heh-heh allllll right, oh, of the title.

The Shield are cool, I still get excited when they come out but need something... more soon, the random attacks are, random.

Found it funny how Ryback has buddies again when it doesn't matter. "Hey guys gee thanks for the help, pity it wasn't last week though when it mattered, you know, during the WWE Title match?"

I complain a lot but really right now WWE is a company where CM Punk, D-Bry, Cesaro and Kaitlyn are all my favs and are all champions I really shouldn't be too miffed, just like laughing at the stupidness.

If Dolph cashed in and won before they all lost their belts my household would have all their favs covered in titles lol. That would be cool.

Edit: Forgot about Cody, give him back his IC belt or something and then we've got them all covered. :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Del Rio was on point last night, him and Ricardo have a good feel for what fans want to hear without it sounding TOO contrived and distanced from his character. Really good mix with those two. Face Del Rio is the "Rio" deal.

Ithil

So basically Del Rio is Mexican hero Cena now?

I joked his face turn wouldn't be complete until he starts making lame jokes and childish insults towards the heels a few weeks ago and well, thats that I guess. :|

Rock is still as lame as ever, his stuff is terrible but the idiots yuck it up. :| Listening to the commentators fake laugh, I can't roll my eyes any further. Why would Vickie put up with that shit?

I lol'ed when Booker had like an hour break in-between saying "EVE YOU WILL BE STRIPPED......................................... of the diva title." Stripped you say Booker? :O Heh-heh allllll right, oh, of the title.

The Shield are cool, I still get excited when they come out but need something... more soon, the random attacks are, random.

Found it funny how Ryback has buddies again when it doesn't matter. "Hey guys gee thanks for the help, pity it wasn't last week though when it mattered, you know, during the WWE Title match?"

I complain a lot but really right now WWE is a company where CM Punk, D-Bry, Cesaro and Kaitlyn are all my favs and are all champions I really shouldn't be too miffed, just like laughing at the stupidness.

If Dolph cashed in and won before they all lost their belts my household would have all their favs covered in titles lol. That would be cool.

Edit: Forgot about Cody, give him back his IC belt or something and then we've got them all covered. :p
I don't know where folk are getting the "Mexican Cena" stuff from. Del Rio did good last night, he wasn't at all like Cena. Making a joke or insulting your opponent doesn't make you Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know where folk are getting the "Mexican Cena" stuff from. Del Rio did good last night, he wasn't at all like Cena. Making a joke or insulting your opponent doesn't make you Cena.

I think the important thing that Del Rio did correctly was be a face and deliver a solid face promo without compromising his character.

Del Rio will be shit tier in no time just you watch. In a few weeks SD main event will be him teaming with Sheamus and Miz and you'll know its time to pack it up.

Not knocking him personally, its just the era of terrible faces.

I couldn't watch the Cesaro one in my country (Lousy Americans! Hogging all the videos like you hog your burgers) but thanks for posting the Kaitlyn bit. :D

Kyoufu

Del Rio will be shit tier in no time just you watch. In a few weeks SD main event will be him teaming with Sheamus and Miz and you'll know its time to pack it up.

Not knocking him personally, its just the era of terrible faces.

Yup. People will get bored of him. He has no material other than "Perro" and destiny etc.

Del Rio stinks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. People will get bored of him. He has no material other than "Perro" and destiny etc.

Del Rio stinks.

If WWE is smart they need to push Del Rio on TV -really- hard when they're in the southern area of America, where the audience is more likely to enjoy his character - the crowd is infectious and helps spread general feeling towards viewers at home, so this is crucial for WWE to do right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think that with the exception of Barrett and Punk it was basically a clean sweep for the "heroes" last night

Nothing could be worse than Over the Limit 2010. Every single face won that PPV. It was BRUTAL.

Top Bottom