• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, what are Owen Voices?

The SUPER SERIOUS quiet voice that only gets used when a tragedy happens...except now they use it too much to get over shit angles like AJ taking a top rope table bump as suicide (oh the horror)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Otunga's surprisingly good on camera but bad in the ring.
Shelton's good in the ring but bad on camera.

Make Otunga manage a returning Gold Standard.

Ithil

Nothing tops the time AJ was going to jump from the top rope onto a table. They used suicide-voices for that. So pathetic. I wanted to jump up and piss on the commentary table.

Such a silly event should have had excitable, dramatic voices, there's no need to try and convince us its "real" by using your serious low voice. It's wrestling, not a Mass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mgn8vu2GTA1qbpy8fo1_400.gif

jmdajr

Watching Over the Edge live on TV was fuked up dudes.

I also went to a live PPV that Chris Benoit had no showed. Little did I know at the time that he was busy killing his family.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Over the Edge live on TV was fuked up dudes.

I also went to a live PPV that Chris Benoit had no showed. Little did I know at the time that he was busy killing his family.

Was also where we were finally going to get Punk vs Benoit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mellow British guy?

"Oh...seems Bootaaay has Laserfrog in a submission move...rather a move that may make him quit...It seems. Seems...oh, look at that. It seems Laserfrog has navigated his way out...perhaps he'll...do something...or others..."

Speaking of deaths I remember just randomly tuning into a repeat RAW like I normally did at the time and only then finding out Eddie died.

It was probably almost a week since he actually pasted and I managed to not hear it anywhere and finding out through a career montage set to hurt was kind of tear jerking.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It takes up time on TV, so yes.
I know you're trolling, and I shouldn't fall for it, but dude, please. Kane has been more entertaining this year than most other guys that they would have given the time to. Besides, if it wasn't Kane time, then it would have probably just been another Cena/Sheamus/etc. promo or just a recap spot of a Cena promo. Hell, if anything, I'm just glad that Team Hell No has led to Bryan still being remembered by the WWE. As great as Bryan is, I fear that WWE would have just jobbed him out, and he would be on Superstars duty every week. Kane has been the only meaningful guy that has put over Bryan all year, and this tag team will be over soon, and Kane will likely insist on putting Bryan over again at WM.

Laserfrog

"Oh...seems Bootaaay has Laserfrog in a submission move...rather a move that may make him quit...It seems. Seems...oh, look at that. It seems Laserfrog has navigated his way out...perhaps he'll...do something...or others..."

The pauses allow me to think of the next set of words, it's from the Shatner school of acting.

Last night Del Rio was wearing an Antonio Inoki scarf but quickly discarded it after coming out.
He very nearly won me over for good but then he lost the fighting spirit.

jmdajr

WZ has learned from sources inside WWE that the reason The Undertaker, Bret Hart and other big name legends weren't used on Raw last night was because Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels weren't available.

As reported, Austin and HBK were both in Las Vegas for a hunting convention which is why they weren't in Houston for RAW.

Because those two could not make it, WWE decided to drop any plans of using other big name legends, most notably The Undertaker and Bret Hart. The feeling was they didn't want to have a bunch of legendary names on RAW and it draw attention or heat on Austin and Michaels for not being there

lame

Pavaloo

What if, after Punk's inevitable title loss and eventual face turn, Triple H becomes corporate bad guy and rivals with Punk? Ala Austin and McMahon. That would be neat.

Carnby

Now that Del Rio is a face, instead of driving a car to the ring, he should carry an over sizes check and give it to charity on his way to the ring.

I think what pisses me off the most of that Owen only comes up most of the time in this thread when Cole and King use their Owen Voices for fake ass shit.

Also, the fact that we call it Owen Voice.

Fuck this shit, OWEN LIVES FOREVER.

i was saving this one for tomorrow, but i'll just pick a different one now.

2nd match of the day:

Owen Hart + Steve Williams vs Antonio Inoki + Nobuhiko Takada - NJPW '88

http://youtu.be/vCbVVK_Aawo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What if, after Punk's inevitable title loss and eventual face turn, Triple H becomes corporate bad guy and rivals with Punk? Ala Austin and McMahon. That would be neat.

No more HHH please ;(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Eve leaving?

Burnout, etc. Let me get you the news farticle:

According to WWE sources, Eve is simply "burnt out" from traveling and wants to take some time off to work on outside projects. Torres has been on the road full-time with WWE since 2007. She has been working all WWE house shows and TV tapings.

As of late, she has talked about getting married to her MMA fighter fiance Rener Gracie. She is also going to work on her women's self-defense program which we posted an article on yesterday. You can check that out below:

EveTorres.com has some new details for WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres' two free self defense seminars. The seminars will be held on January 19 and 20 in response to an aggravated rape which took place in Santa Monica last week. Torres' fiance, Rener Gracie, is also set to participate. Here is the full release:

In response to the aggravated rape that took place in Santa Monica on October 10, 2012, the Gracie Academy is offering two free women's self-defense seminars in January, one in Torrance and one in Beverly Hills. Both sessions will address the following threat scenarios:

- How to break free from an attacker who grabs you without warning.
- How to avoid being taken to the ground by a determined attacker.
- How to escape from underneath an attacker who has you pinned to the ground.

Rener and I will both be teaching the January 19th session in Torrance- sign up today and be empowered!

These special 2-hour seminars are designed for first-time self-defense students and absolutely no experience is necessary to participate.

The seminars are free but space is very limited, so sign up now!

The seminars are open to women ages 13 and up (Note: Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). If you or someone you love would like to participate in one of these special 2-hour seminars, use the information below and they'll save your spot today. Also, feel free to forward this information to any of your friends who might be interested in attending.

Torrance Self-defense Seminar
Date: Saturday, January 19 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Attire: Casual workout attire.
RSVP: Call (310) 353-4100 or send an email to Jackie@gracieacademy.com

Beverly Hills Self-defense Seminar
Date: Sunday, January 20 from 10am to 12pm
Address: 324 S. Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Attire: Casual workout attire.
RSVP: Call (310) 553-0500 or send an email to Casey@gracieacademy.com

For details on how you can sign up, visit EveTorres.com/Empower.

jmdajr

Why is Eve leaving?

Because like all Divas she can do way better on her own. Lets take a look at all the success stories out there.

Stacy- fucking George Clooney
Torrie Wilson - fucking Alex Rodriguez
Sable - fucking Brock Lesnar
Chyna - fucking everyone

In all seriousness I feel that not one single Diva has really made it on her own out there, surpassing WWE success.
Prove me wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
According to PuroresuSpirit.com, New Japan Pro Wrestling star Kazuchika Okada has denied rumors that he is making the jump to WWE.

Okada has stated that he is under contract to New Japan until December 31, 2014 and also told the Japanese media that his priority is re-capturing the IWGP Heavyweight Title.

Enfinit

Where is Otunga, Jack Swagger, Even Bourne

Swagger's been teaming with Lex Kruger at house shows, so his return should be soon. Bourne's still dealing with a foot injury and his return got pushed past the Rumble and into February at the earliest.

As far as Otunga goes, he's dealing with his law firm?

So bully ray is Inviting people to a strip club for his bachelor party. Tommy dreamer is going .

@REALBully5150: Ok #BULLYNATION. My Bachelor Party will be at Ricks Cabaret in NYC on Wed.@ 9pm. Its gonna be CRAZY!! Come down and help celebrate!!

Top Bottom