• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

There is no way they make a DVD/Blu Ray out of last night and call it the 20th Anniversary of Raw show. It was among the worst shows of the last 12 months.

jmdajr

No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Waiting for the PC version. Consoles are REALLY showing their age.

Art style carries it pretty far, honestly. It's not like AC3 where I'm like 'what da fuuuuck who shipped this?'. But I can understand wanting the PC option since it'll apparently run on anything. I just don't trust my laptop, and I need more physical games on a shelf.

Triple G stands for Good Guy Glenn. It's to recognize just how great of guy he is.

It's early in the morning; Soulplaya's at it again

He posts about Glenn Jacobs and attaches a pic or ten

And then he turns and asks me, "Should I stop when I'm told?"

And I say, "No, biatch - the Kane cycle will never get old."

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Unless you're on welfare.
Hey, I agree with you, but I'm pretty sure GGG would have no problem helping someone out financially. As far as his Libertarian views go, I blame Val Venus for introducing him to that stuff, and I blame the WWE for fostering a Libertarian atmosphere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Art style carries it pretty far, honestly. It's not like AC3 where I'm like 'what da fuuuuck who shipped this?'. But I can understand wanting the PC option since it'll apparently run on anything. I just don't trust my laptop, and I need more physical games on a shelf.

Yeah, I played the demo on my 360 and I was surprised how damn good it looked and felt. But I can't deny 60fps. I just can't.

jmdajr

I'd like to agree with the assertion that it's insulting to most fans, but even in this thread we have some rather absurd misogyny. Wrestling could be a great show if it weren't for wrestling fans.

I guess. Wrestling was great because it had a license to not be politically correct.
It's not like I watch it because it's sophisticated.

somedevil

I guess. Wrestling was great because it had a license to not be politically correct.
It's not like I watch it because it's sophisticated.

Thats why the attitude era wouldn't work today because we seem to be more politically correct today then during the late 90's.

Also, judging by the ratings Rock is not going anywhere.

jmdajr

Thats why the attitude era wouldn't work today because we seem to be more politically correct today then during the late 90's.

It's a shame. I'm all for more respect in real life, but I think entertainment should be about letting people cut lose and enjoy things they can not actually do in reality. Can't even vicariously enjoy things anymore.

Yep, temporary bump over a long sustained one, it's the WWE way.

Edit: Looking at those numbers, it looks like some viewers came back for the Rock, but were driven away come the third hour, a big change from last week

I'd like to agree with the assertion that it's insulting to most fans, but even in this thread we have some rather absurd misogyny. Wrestling could be a great show if it weren't for wrestling fans.

It's mid-afternoon; Perspicacity wondering why he's so much better than us

Is it 'cus he's a feminist, or maybe 'cus he likes Ultramant'us

And then he asks me, "Will wrestling shows ever make us feel proud?"

And I say, "No, biatch - go back to reading Brandon Stroud."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rock's not cut out for music. Batista could. He's pals with the RZA.

Kaladin

I'm gonna go home tonight and disparage my wife on the acoustic guitar.
And I can't even play an instrument!

You don't have to play an instrument to play the Rock concert, he just plucked two strings and switched between simple chords which had no real meaning to the key he was singing in.

jmdajr

You don't have to play an instrument to play the Rock concert, he just plucked two strings and switched between simple chords which had no real meaning to the key he was singing in.

woooooooaaah. Slow down there. I can't go that fast.
I'm not fucking Yngwie Malmsteen.

Kaladin

Someone wanted to know what David Otunga was doing:

530729_10151237875461443_924439083_n.jpg

WWE Executive Vice President of Creative Stephanie McMahon and David Otunga were on hand as WWE honored U.S. Troops at Fort George G. Meade in Maryland where they helped the USO of Metropolitan Washington open the doors to a new, expanded USO Center.

PR. Hes is doing PR.

Only a few more weeks until Feb 9th and CHIKARA's first show of the season.

I'm so pumped! Last year was pretty good, but this year is shaping up to be amazing. The Titor Conglomerate is finally going to be explained this season. Rudo Jigsaw and Quack have just started on what will be a long and exciting road. Ultra Mantis Black and the rest of the Spectral Envoy will continue the battle against against Delirious and the Batiri. Eddie Kingston has been Grand Champ for over a year and it doesn't look like he can be beat. Tim Donst is at the end of his rope. Archibald Peck is back, and he has a doppelganger out there somewhere. Last but not least who has the eye of tyr? Damn February 9th can't get here soon enough!

I just got around to reading the full article and I think this part cuts to the bigger issue:

Being a douche was cool. Didn’t like what a teacher or parent had to say? Why, just give them two middle fingers, refuse to do what they ask, and tell them that was the bottom line, because [little boy name] says so. Is there a special, pretty girl in your class? Why not chase her around and tell her you would love a taste of that poontang pie, even if you, at that point, probably have no earthly idea what cunnilingus actually entails? Someone has a snappy retort to you doing or saying any of these things? Obviously, chop your crotch and tell them to suck it, because that is the knockout punch of verbal sparring, and no one can come back to that.

We can pretend that it's just entertainment or whatever, but I remember being a young teenager during the attitude era and if you really don't think that this shit affects the way kids (and even some adults) behave with each other... well I've got two words for ya.

On a more personal level if it is just entertainment then I straight up don't find the "good" characters acting like scum entertaining, that enough should merit some complaints.

Am I the only one who thinks Heyman has done very little to make Punk interesting. Punk as a heel would have been just as good without him. Instead, Heyman should be used to be put a young guy over who can't speak very well.

Nope, i'm there with you.

Anyway, that Kane/Bryan/Shelby triple yes gif needs the YES! caption, in anniversary of the gif that won the Wrasslegaf top gif award for 2012.
Even though we all know that crying Eve and smug Cena was the real winner.

Ithil

Hmm, WWE.com happen to have a new piece on the Freebird rule and teams that have used it. Perhaps they're thinking about using it with the Shield.

Top Bottom