• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

strobogo

Banned
Has Aces and 8s really not been explained yet? This angle has been going on for 7 months now and there is no more information or reason behind it than there was at the start. Holy shit. They've been running this angle for 7 fucking months? This has to be the longest running, completely aimless angle in maybe ever. I mean, the NWO certainly was completely aimless by 1998, but it didn't start out that way. It had a clear goal and arc.

This angle has had nothing like that. They don't want to take over the company, none of the original people are disgruntled employees, there haven't been promos from Luke Gallows or Mike Knox being made they weren't hired (that I'm aware of, at least), they don't want power. They just want to hang out and play cards in the Impact Zone and occasionally beat someone up from time to time. That that's the angle that has been running for SEVEN months. In terms of story (what very little story there is), the angle peaked months ago. Yet it is still going on with no end in sight without any progress or motivation. It's kind of amazing how long TNA has been able to stretch this out without having any story progression at all. And now that they've taken this long with it, any reveal of a leader or motivation is going to be a let down.

They're not the NWO, they're not Evolution, they aren't the New Blood, they aren't even the Dangerous Alliance. They're just dudes who want to play cards on Thursday Nights at a sound stage in Orlando.

Pavaloo

They should push Brodus vs Punk rivalry to WrestleMania after Rock wins the belt.

I WAS BORN TO SHUCK AND JIVE
6YDRW.gif

Kaladin

Has Aces and 8s really not been explained yet? This angle has been going on for 7 months now and there is no more information or reason behind it than there was at the start. Holy shit. They've been running this angle for 7 fucking months? This has to be the longest running, completely aimless angle in maybe ever. I mean, the NWO certainly was completely aimless by 1998, but it didn't start out that way. It had a clear goal and arc.

This angle has had nothing like that. They don't want to take over the company, none of the original people are disgruntled employees, there haven't been promos from Luke Gallows or Mike Knox being made they weren't hired (that I'm aware of, at least), they don't want power. They just want to hang out and play cards in the Impact Zone and occasionally beat someone up from time to time. That that's the angle that has been running for SEVEN months. In terms of story (what very little story there is), the angle peaked months ago. Yet it is still going on with no end in sight without any progress or motivation. It's kind of amazing how long TNA has been able to stretch this out without having any story progression at all. And now that they've taken this long with it, any reveal of a leader or motivation is going to be a let down.

They're not the NWO, they're not Evolution, they aren't the New Blood, they aren't even the Dangerous Alliance. They're just dudes who want to play cards on Thursday Nights at a sound stage in Orlando.

It lost all of it's steam when they revealed Devon at Bound For Glory. Aces & Eights were promising and then it was like, "Oh, it's just Devon". After that nothing mattered because Devon literally killed the angle. I know he tries but Devon is a black hole of charisma that kills any story he's involved in as a solo wrestler.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Didn't Hogan wrestle Sting after his back surgery?
I bet money that the lawsuit is just Hogan desperately trying to throw something at the wall, and hoping that he'll get some kind out of court settlement out of it. There's no way anyone guaranteed him anything after the surgery, and I doubt he was booked to wrestle Cena at WM 25.

somedevil

You forgot that they have sex with hookers as well and give them away to Anderson so he could join. They are the worst stable I've have ever seen. Nexus was better than them. The angle with aide of Claire Lynch killed the momentum Impact was having and destroyed Aries title reign as well.

Now they just lose clean to everyone with no end in sight.

edit: Also, I can't look at Devon again after what Wai ting said about him in one of his reviews.

Alucard

Banned

Yep. The longer it goes, the more it cements itself as one of the worst stories ever.

They needed to mix in some normal members of TNA 'turning on them' for Aces and 8s or something. So far its just been random wrestlers that aren't a big deal but they try and make them one.

OMG WE KNOW WHO THIS IS TAZ OMG LOOK ITS F**KING JESSE HOLY SHIT THATS GOTTA BE, THATS GOTTA BE JESSE!

That sorta reveal that just falls flat.

I sorta just fast-forward through it now to get to Daniels and Kaz or A Double, Roo stuff.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Here's some advice. Stop watching TNA.

somedevil

Main Event spoilers:

Randy Orton battled Antonio Cesaro in the opening match. After about 25 minutes, The Shield interfered and beat down Orton. The Miz hit the ring to make the save. The crowd was hot and chanting, "Feed Me More!" The Shield hit a triple power bomb on Orton, while Cesaro laid Miz out with a Neutralizer. No verdict announced, but it appeared to be either a no-contest, or a disqualification victory for Orton.

Brad Maddox came out for commentary.

The Usos defeated The Prime Time Players

Brad Maddox fans should enjoy these spoilers.

Just watched Raw... meh.

Cena/Ziggler match was solid
Fast forwarded through most of the Rock concert
Ending with Punk/Rock going at it was ok I guess
The Dbry/Kane/Shelby segment was awful, didn't even smirk, just not funny, was waiting for the punch line and it never came

Edit- flair segment was good and fun. Miz almost ruined it but flair saved it. Cesaro's promo finally had some substance and he was good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched Raw... meh.

Cena/Ziggler match was solid
Fast forwarded through most of the Rock concert
Ending with Punk/Rock going at it was ok I guess
The Dbry/Kane/Shelby segment was awful, didn't even smirk, just not funny, was waiting for the punch line and it never came

You're still the TV champ in GWF though, you beat Pop-GAF

Main Event spoilers:

Randy Orton battled Antonio Cesaro in the opening match. After about 25 minutes, The Shield interfered and beat down Orton. The Miz hit the ring to make the save. The crowd was hot and chanting, "Feed Me More!" The Shield hit a triple power bomb on Orton, while Cesaro laid Miz out with a Neutralizer. No verdict announced, but it appeared to be either a no-contest, or a disqualification victory for Orton.

Brad Maddox came out for commentary.

The Usos defeated The Prime Time Players

Brad Maddox fans should enjoy these spoilers.

I think the bigger thing here is
25 minutes of Orton vs Cesaro
, yes please.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them as opponents for this Mania.

Missed the Rock concert last night. Saw it today. PG my ass. After Rock stared making fun of Vicky and Hayman, then says "it's a family show." This deserves a spot in Botchamania.

has taker ever said where the biker gimmick came from?

It's who he is in real life. When he came back at Judgment Day 2000, he was supposed to be some zombie biker hybrid (the first week he came back, he was still doing the eye roll thing). Eventually he just became a biker dude that spit tobacco on people and talked about his yard.

FyreWulff

I bet money that the lawsuit is just Hogan desperately trying to throw something at the wall, and hoping that he'll get some kind out of court settlement out of it. There's no way anyone guaranteed him anything after the surgery, and I doubt he was booked to wrestle Cena at WM 25.

If he's telling the truth, then I guess the plan would have been for Hogan to put Cena over and pass the torch as Cena being the next Hogan. How was Cena's WM angle that year, again? Could it have looked like they were stalling for time with Hogan and then just slotted Cena into an angle/match?

I'm guessing "future appearances" meant a retirement Legends contract.

Top Bottom