• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

And oh look... there's Shane Douglas talking about himself, Ric Flair, WCW and Hulk Hogan again. You guys did warn me. Forgot this was from 2000.

Kaladin

It appears El Generico's final independent wrestling appearance will be this Friday 1/18 at the debut event for the new Hart Family Legacy promotion, which will be running the Victoria Pavilion in Calgary, Alberta.

I just finished the Christmas 2000 installment of Raw. Starting 01/01/01 Raw right now. The road to (the greatest?) Wrestlemania begins. Well, they already started teasing some of the matchups, because they knew how to do that back then.

Looking forward to it! I missed the whole Invasion angle. I wonder if it's as bad as everyone says.
I'm not sure if it's the Christmas Raw or the one from a week earlier but there's this one line from Angle in a promo from that start of Raw that always stuck with me.

Angle: with all due respect sir....that's a load of bunk!
JR: Oh no, not bunk

JR's sarcasm sticks with me.

I prefer to view the invasion as a framing device for Stone Cold vs Angle, it's better that way.

Yeah, I've got MLW to watch too, but need to work out where they go in the timeline of things. Also... hows TEW2013 going? I started a Road to Glory game as 1987 Scott Putski.

Built a new computer so I just reinstalled TEW13 and will prolly start over again lol. I like playing as the smaller feds because they are more fun. Maybe try ZEN this time. How bout yours?

Never tried a RtG style game. Always wanted to though. Too many games in the backlog =/

It appears El Generico's final independent wrestling appearance will be this Friday 1/18 at the debut event for the new Hart Family Legacy promotion, which will be running the Victoria Pavilion in Calgary, Alberta.

HOLY SHIT!

Where are you getting this from? He's still not on their site and last I heard he pulled out.

Bert409

BAtiehnCcAAqYCV.jpg:large

Natalya knows what's up.

now-kith.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Just read SD spoilers.

Miz beats Primo with the Figure Four? GTFO

That's correct mate,
Miz is the official new Nature Boy. Forget about Charles Robinson, foget about David Flair, forget about everyone else NOT NAMED MIZ on the WWE roster. The Miz is the official successor to The Nature Boy Ric Flair.

Congratulations WWE, I think you just broke the IWC.

Pavaloo

SoulPlaya has made me a huge Kane mark. After being in the thread for the past couple months, Kane has become one of my all-time favorite wrestlers.

Ever since he debuted to fuck up Undertaker's shit, he has been a favorite of mine. Just as a kid, his pyro was way better than other wrestlers to me, pretty cool. Daniel Bryan may agree as well.

jmdajr

As a 27 year veteran of watching wrestling, I just don't get the Kane love.
Longevity? Ok.

What else?

The character itself is pretty fucking awesome. Kane is underrated in promos,skits, etc. Comedic timing is good.

Match quality? Average. Unless he's with someone that can really carry it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As a 27 year veteran of watching wrestling, I just don't get the Kane love.
Longevity? Ok.

What else?
It's an awesome gimmick that is easy to love and appreciate. Plus, it doesn't help that Glenn Jacobs actually has talent and has cut some promos that I never thought he could, and he can work a decent match with literally anyone.

EDIT: And what makes him so great only gets highlighted more and more as time goes on. The fact that he's relevant in 2013 and has actually been entertaining is amazing. The guy has taken practically no break since his debut with the character in 1997.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's an awesome gimmick that is easy to love and appreciate. Plus, it doesn't help that Glenn Jacobs actually has talent and has cut some promos that I never thought he could, and he can work a decent match with literally anyone.

Exception is Big Show. They've never ever had a passable match. Just isn't meant to be.

EDIT: And what makes him so great only gets highlighted more and more as time goes on. The fact that he's relevant in 2013 and has actually been entertaining is amazing. The guy has taken practically no break since his debut with the character in 1997.

His last round of promos when he was feuding with Cena were not good.

"The depths of hell" stuff is very weird in 2013.

If Miz is being given the torch by Ric Flair, I might have to consider to stop watching for ever.

Sokantish

I wonder if there are Great Khali and Big Show fans that are as delusional as some Kane fans.

Not saying anyone in this thread is a delusional Kane fan!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
His last round of promos when he was feuding with Cena were not good.

"The depths of hell" stuff is very weird in 2013.

If Miz is being given the torch by Ric Flair, I might have to consider to stop watching for ever.
Cena killed every last one of those promos with his terrible selling. When someone tries to bring in some philosophy into a feud (which made no sense to begin with), and you just reply in typical Cena fashion, it kills it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF next week - Soulplaya spearheads the assault on the Four Kings Arena.

"Evilore we comin' for you" heard backstage. Who will join Soulplaya in his holy crusade?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yes, blame Cena for Kane being shit on the mic. It's funny considering what went on the last page.

The only person saving Kane for obscurity is Daniel Bryan.
They're saving each other. Bryan is the best in the world, but I'm convinced that the WWE would have thrown him into the "forgotten" bin that they seem to do to so many guys after they win the World Title. Kane isn't shit on the mic, and you know that. The last two feuds he's had with Taker, for instance, were completely carried by his mic work. Few guys have to cut promos as a character that is totally unlike their real life personality. His versatility makes him better to me than guys like Cena and Orton, and I'd rather see a Kane promo today than another Rock concert.

They're saving each other. Bryan is the best in the world, but I'm convinced that the WWE would have thrown him into the "forgotten" bin that they seem to do to so many guys after they win the World Title. Kane isn't shit on the mic, and you know that. The last two feuds he's had with Taker, for instance, were completely carried by his mic work. Few guys have to cut promos as a character that is totally unlike their real life personality. His versatility makes him better to me than guys like Cena and Orton, and I'd rather see a Kane promo today than another Rock concert.
Never forget EMBRACE THE HATE.
I'll take screen grabs if people really want it (sickos).
Let's see it!

Top Bottom