• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

fnEVP.jpg

"the nig show"
I've seen alot of pics with Layla and show together..

That MoFo

Let's take a moment to honor the greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DIjKEAnXQ

Post your favorites, friends.
Look at his swag. There isn't a wrestler today that dresses as well as he did more than a decade ago.

The only lol is if you reflect on what Antonio Cesaro said, you know the spoons went to his wife. shout out to Publix plastic forks.

Also, from what I've seen in the wrestling media/dirt sheets, they all seem to be felating New Japan Pro Wrestling.

strobogo

Banned
It wasn't until recently that I noticed just how often they use the word swerve in WCW. Even before Russo was there.

Yeah. EVERY turn (and there were a lot), someone, usually Tony, would say swerve. Anytime someone got booked in a match they weren't expecting, Tony would say it was a swerve. At least 3 times a show, someone would say SWERVE. It's not just me typing it out for comedic effect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Evan Karaigas promo is intense, dawg.

lol Evan goes to put away the microphone after saying they were going to sing and he goes right back for it like, 'oh right!'

Mengetsu

Bully Ray Putting over CM Punk In Interview

Bully Ray on CM Punk: "I'm going to put somebody over right now. I normally don't put anyone over, but I want to give CM Punk credit. I'm a Punk fan. You know why I'm a Punk fan? Because that bastard says what's on his mind. There is one thing that he doesn't have that I respect and that's fear. He has no fear. He so reminds me of someone who would fit into the ECW locker room. He's got balls as big as mine. Back in the day when I was starting riots, that if I did that s--t today, I'd be sued for life and probably wind up dead behind bars. And they don't have a choice in what he says because he is going to say whatever the hell he wants, and I love it. He is the punk rock version of pro wrestling, and that's what we were back in the day. To see that be so real and honest and he is so friggin angry, I love it. I love his anger. Punk will stay out there for fifteen minutes and talk on that mic and never trip over a line. You know why? There are not lines. It's real emotion. It's how he really feels. That's what makes it beautiful."

I give punk that much his mic skills are bar none some of the best.

I remember when Miz came back and he had a beard sorta thing and looked pretty cool. I was like ok they could do something with him maybe.

Now he's worse than ever.

somedevil

Forcing face Miz down our throats won't work and will just make him more hated. They tried Ric Flair Jr with his son and AJ Styles and it didn't work. Also Cesaro and Orton tonight!

Here is a great comic as well:

2013-01-16-brought-by.jpg

I cut face Miz some slack, Kofi kicked him in the head real fuckin' hard.

I honestly love The Miz. He's one of the few wrestlers in the WWE I like.

He seems to get a lot of hate around here though. :p

I don't see a problem with The Miz. He's a decent wrestler and he's decent on the mic.

I wonder if The Miz is more hated or loved in the Wrestling Community. He has more followers than most Wrestlers on WWE, he's constantly doing PR, he sells merchandise (?), WWE sometimes markets him (A Mizerable Christmas, given a talk show on RAW, gave him the IC championship after he made The Marine 3, One of the main posters for Survival Series, etc). Yet I never see him get a big pop on RAW (which makes me sad) and He's hated to hell and back on here.

I thought Miz was fine as a heel. His ringwork is unremarkable but with a decent worker he's fine.

His face run has been absolutely awful. The crowds seem to disagree, which is staggering to me, but he's like a bad high school kid impression of The Rock.

BlazinAm

Forcing face Miz down our throats won't work and will just make him more hated. They tried Ric Flair Jr with his son and AJ Styles and it didn't work. Also Cesaro and Orton tonight!

Here is a great comic as well:

2013-01-16-brought-by.jpg
To the wwe all they need in their mind to get over with are the kids.

strobogo

Banned
I honestly love The Miz. He's one of the few wrestlers in the WWE I like.

He seems to get a lot of hate around here though. :p

I don't see a problem with The Miz. He's a decent wrestler and he's decent on the mic.

I wonder if The Miz is more hated or loved in the Wrestling Community. He has more followers than most Wrestlers on WWE, he's constantly doing PR, he sells merchandise (?), WWE sometimes markets him (A Mizerable Christmas, given a talk show on RAW, gave him the IC championship after he made The Marine 3, One of the main posters for Survival Series, etc). Yet I never see him get a big pop on RAW (which makes me sad) and He's hated to hell and back on here.

You are the worst wrestling fan ever.

Ithil

This is the first time I'm watching Main Event. Is it usually this good?

Generally, yeah. They get a big match that gets a lot of time (and often has video packages for each guy), and then a secondary lower card match that often sets up the big match for the next week. If it doesn't set it up, then the main event for next week is at least announced.

It's a really well distilled show.

Punk is a very good wrestler...
I think he's one of the better ring workers in the WWE and had great matches against D. Bryan, Jericho, Ziggler, etc. I do think his elbow drop is terrible and the GTS can sometimes look poorly executed.

As far as workers in the WWE I'd say:

1) Daniel Bryan
2) CM Punk
3) Sheamus
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Antonio Cesaro

I'm sure Seth Rollins and maybe Dean Ambrose. Orton, Del Rio and a few others are solid.

Miz is terrible though. If there was an award for biggest fall from grace, it would go to the Miz.

Agreed with that, Punk is a very good wrestler but a couple of his moves are technically poor such as his elbow drop. Certainly enjoy watching his matches though and very rarely skip them or fast forward when I watch wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think he's one of the better ring workers in the WWE and had great matches against D. Bryan, Jericho, Ziggler, etc. I do think his elbow drop is terrible and the GTS can sometimes look poorly executed.

As far as workers in the WWE I'd say:

1) Daniel Bryan
2) CM Punk
3) Sheamus
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Antonio Cesaro

I'm sure Seth Rollins and maybe Dean Ambrose. Orton, Del Rio and a few others are solid.

Miz is terrible though. If there was an award for biggest fall from grace, it would go to the Miz.
Damien Sandow is incredible in the ring because you don't notice how incredible he is in the ring. It's so many minor details that guys twice his age do.

Kyoufu

I don't mind the elbow drop (it's an elbow drop) but the GTS is a disappointing finisher for me.

Rock, Austin etc have that killer blow finisher that doesn't take 9 years to setup. Imagine Punk with a Straight Edge Stunner. Would excite the crowd/viewers.

Top Bottom