• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Damien Sandow is incredible in the ring because you don't notice how incredible he is in the ring. It's so many minor details that guys twice his age do.
I haven't really been impressed with his ring work. In fact, I'd say why he and Cody work well together is because they compliment each other. Cody is a good ring worker (his problem is his size and shaky mic work sometimes). Sandow on the other hand has been great on the mic and a few of the little things he does in the ring like the cart wheel.

Also, the anaconda vice is a good submission. I think the GTS should go bye, bye and replaced with something else. But then again I can't stand the Code Breaker or the zig zag.

Also, does NXT get posted on YouTube.

I watched that nWo Blu Ray the other day and I'm glad Cody Rhodes agrees with me re: Sting vs nWo. The thing was so awesomely built, but you had to have been watching each week to really appreciate how big a deal it was at the time.

Every Nitro the crowd would go so ape shit for Sting showing up. Sooo good.

Slow build slow build slow build more more more eventually getting to the 'greatest night in the history of our sport'................................ and they just fuck it up, so stupidly.

:|

Omega

Banned
I haven't really been impressed with his ring work. In fact, I'd say why he and Cody work well together is because they compliment each other. Cody is a good ring worker (his problem is his size and shaky mic work sometimes). Sandow on the other hand has been great on the mic and a few of the little things he does in the ring like the cart wheel.

Also, the anaconda vice is a good submission. I think the GTS should go bye, bye and replaced with something else. But then again I can't stand the Code Breaker or the zig zag.

Also, does NXT get posted on YouTube.

those are all stupid finishers

zig zag is the worst. they need to give dolph a real finisher if he's not completely buried after this cena feud

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Here is a great comic as well:

2013-01-16-brought-by.jpg
5 Hour Energy guy and Ryder could be a tag team

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE should sign Madison then put Sara on tv as a face then have them feud.

It would certainly beat the hell out of KaitLayla IX

Man God

Non-Canon Member
During the years AKI made games for WCW it was on the top of the wrestling world.

WCW/NWO Revenge came out right around the time the WWF took the permanent lead in the ratings and also when Halloween Havoc 98 happened with one of the worst main events of all time.

strobogo

Banned
The thing with Punk is that he's not at all a natural athlete and is hilarious ungraceful in his movements. I don't think it has held him back at all, though. I actually have always thought that D-Bryne is often quite ungraceful and kind of awkward in his movements, as well. Not all the time, but sometimes he moves around so strangely or bumps weird. Obviously hasn't held him back, either. They're both in the top five for sure.

Claudio is the tops right now, though. He's so good at everything. I want him on The Main Event every week so he can have 20 minute matches being awesome. I can't wait for him and D-Bryne to mix it up. There really isn't anyone I don't want to see him against right now. Heel or face, every potential match up against him sounds interesting. Even Miz, just so he can Swiss Death his face off. He meshes with every style and size on the roster. Dude is just the fucking man.

Toki767

Hmm...my brother who doesn't even watch wrestling anymore just told me Raw was going to be in San Jose on Monday and asked if I wanted to go. I might go just cause it's the Raw before the Rumble. Not sure I want to though. Haven't actually been to a live event since I was a little kid.

I hope the Rock improves his promos because they are just the worst right now. It's like hearing a massively over Cena.
You're crazy. Also, he's not a full time wrestler anymore so it's not like he's "on" 24/7 anymore. It's hard to be a good promo, but even in his current state, he's a better promo than 95% of the WWE roster. Also, he's a face. His best work has been when he was a heel. Like when he first became the Rock as a member of the Nation. Before that, it was Die, Rocky, die.

And the weird thing about the Rock is how huge he got post WWE (probably around Fast Five). I got to give Daniel Bryan credit for getting bigger. He used to be pretty slender but he's definitely stocky now.

Big mistake WWE
It should have been Ziggler. At least for a while. When it comes to the MIZ, If the WWE hype machine couldn't help him, What the hell can Ric Flair do?

Rumors are that Ziggler is going to get the "Sweet Chin Music" superkick from HBK at some point. He needs a credible finisher as badly as Miz, so that rumor makes perfect sense.

I feel like Rock was sensational for the crowd on Monday but he does a poor job of selling the PPV match beyond him being in it. But in reality, him being in it is all that is needed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they actually did have Okada sign, Flair should be with him. He's the closest thing to a modern day nature boy with all the money and nice clothes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Rumble does a good job of selling itself though it works better when there's a storyline going in with an up and comer or a returning favorite using it to get at the heel champion because he can't get a title shot otherwise.

While I love the EC PPV I think that it does a great disservice to Rumble-Mania build up by being in between. It would be a great June PPV instead as a build up to Summer Slam.

Rumors are that Ziggler is going to get the "Sweet Chin Music" superkick from HBK at some point. He needs a credible finisher as badly as Miz, so that rumor makes perfect sense.

He's been using it.

And I'm amazed the Rock is able to be involved at all since he's got movies coming out and a reality tv show on the horizon. Like most WWE programs, they're pretty poor at building it up. Besides the initial Punk attack and the start of his respect angle, there isn't much to the storyline.

He's been using it.

He's been using the superkick, but not as a finisher, and not doing the stomp that sets up the SCM.

I saw him do it live in Austin at a house show last week. My cousin and I were comped second-row tickets, which was pretty sweet. I've seen plenty of WWE shows before, including a few 'Manias, but that's the closest I've ever been. Great card, too.

He's been using the superkick, but not as a finisher, and not doing the stomp that sets up the SCM.
I'm not familiar with the history of the super kick, but I'm not a fan of him stomping his foot and then doing the super kick. And you're right he hasn't done it as his official finisher, but he's been mired in matches with Cena, so it's not like he's had a win in a long time. Definitely not going to be a respectable champion. He's probably going to have a short feud with Del Rio (god knows he's been eaten numerous times by Punk and Sheamus).

I'm not familiar with the history of the super kick, but I'm not a fan of him stomping his foot and then doing the super kick. And you're right he hasn't done it as his official finisher, but he's been mired in matches with Cena, so it's not like he's had a win in a long time. Definitely not going to be a respectable champion. He's probably going to have a short feud with Del Rio (god knows he's been eaten numerous times by Punk and Sheamus).

The superkick has been used by a LOT of dudes. Too many to mention. Lance Storm had a SWEET one back in the day though...

The foot stomp is kinda what makes the Sweet Chin Music special from a normal superkick, at least until Shawn got it over. Kinda like Orton falling to the mat and doing his snake dance before he hits the RKO. He doesn't have to do it every time now, but it builds anticipation for the move with the crowd. So I'd expect that when the Ziggler face turn happens, if they decide to have Shawn pass that torch, he'll start doing the stomp to set it up until it's established as his finisher in the mind of the crowd.

MG310

I really don't like Dolph's superkick but I can't put my finger out why exactly. Something odd about the way he does it.

also zack ryder is just the worst

Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder
Tomorrow...the world as we know it changes forever. Tomorrow...the world premier of the "Hoeski" music video. #WWWYKI

seriously a slut shamming music video. great idea zack! maybe get the rock to sing a few lines

Entropia

No One Remembers
I really don't like Dolph's superkick but I can't put my finger out why exactly. Something odd about the way he does it.

He doesn't seem to extend his leg and stretch it out. HBK's leg was fully stretched out when he made impact and kind of turned his body.

Dolph just kinda, kicks the guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLwNTI2Cam4 He always does it like this.

It's not like HBK who had the whole "tuning the band" thing.

eve used you. great get over it. holding a petty grudge for a year+ is pathetic maybe sucking upto someone will get you on tv. kind of glad kane buried him

Top Bottom