• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Ithil

Nah, equally as terrible. I don't believe Naomi and AJ are worse wrestlers than Natalya and Tamina.

With those four, in addition to Kaitlyn and Layla, you already have six people perfectly capable of putting on good matches. Hell, you can see on last monday's Raw that the crowd can get perfectly into fun womens matches.

But WWE doesn't care, still hoping against hope they'll make a sort of big deal between AJ and Kaitlyn, they did do the whole set-up for it last month and turn AJ heel (and timewise this would be around the time Eve gave her notice to the WWE), so who knows, they might actually have something planned this time.

Natalya is by far and away the best female wrestler on the roster, she's as good as many of the males.

W6x5M.jpg

Finisher: Corkscrew shooting star press

El Generico without his mask is really buff!

Kaladin

Ring of Honor is going to be taping tv at the Hammerstein ballroom Wrestlemania weekend:

“Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV Taping
Saturday April 6, 2013
Grand Ballroom (Manhattan Center)
311 W. 34th St.
New York, NY 10001
Bell time – 2:00pm EST

That's going to be huge for their tv show those weeks, always a hot crowd in NYC and that should be amped up that weekend.

Ring of Honor is going to be taping tv at the Hammerstein ballroom Wrestlemania weekend:

“Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV Taping
Saturday April 6, 2013
Grand Ballroom (Manhattan Center)
311 W. 34th St.
New York, NY 10001
Bell time – 2:00pm EST

That's going to be huge for their tv show those weeks, always a hot crowd in NYC and that should be amped up that weekend.

The amount of wrestling that weekend starting with Thursday's PWS show is staggering.

Jamie OD

It's insane with how much is going on. For me I'll be seeing the DGUSA, Chikara, the ROH iPPV, WWE HOF and Mania. I want to say that's all but there may be some extra impulse ticket buys once I'm over there.

I got the full wrestlecon package so here's how it looks for me

PWS Thursday Night
Friday Evolve, CZW, Kaiju Big Battle
Shimmer, Chikara, DGUSA, and $5 live on Saturday
Sunday, DGUSA and Mania
Monday Raw (any word on when tickets are going on sale?)
Tuesday Book of Mornon on Broadway!

I know some of you guys own wrestling masks and I was wondering where you bought them? I don't plan on wrestling in them so they don't have to be amazing but I'd like something that could withstand some abuse without breaking the bank.

elucha.com, highspots.com for the internet

I picked up most of mine from Mexico or from various trade shows etc. (or as gifts from people who got them from Mexico), but the quality reeeeally varies if you take that route.

EDIT: Actually the site that B. Arthur posted looks good/cheap

UberTag

What gimmick did Sheamus have during his World title run?

Ryder's gimmick is fine but he did not have the support from booking. If you are written to look like a joke, you'll be looked at as one. No surprise.
Gimmicks need to evolve (
unless you're John Cena
) and as far as I'm aware, WWE Creative hasn't ordered Zack to effectively wear out his welcome and go completely stale on all of his net shows.

Realizing his gimmick is what got Zack over.
Not doing anything with it over the past two years is what has facilitated his current "joke" status.

And as best as I can tell, ZR has fallen into the same trap as Cena. So paranoid that adding any actual depth or realism to his character will jeopardize his merchandise money so he has settled into a broken record rut.

Clearly this is the reason Cena is still Zack's primary backer. Because they're essentially the same guy with the same dilemma except for the fact that Zack isn't pushed to the moon as Vince's golden boy.

Jamie OD

I got the full wrestlecon package so here's how it looks for me

PWS Thursday Night
Friday Evolve, CZW, Kaiju Big Battle
Shimmer, Chikara, DGUSA, and $5 live on Saturday
Sunday, DGUSA and Mania
Monday Raw (any word on when tickets are going on sale?)
Tuesday Book of Mornon on Broadway!

I will be leaving on the Monday evening so I don't know anything about tickets for Raw.

Kaladin

I will be leaving on the Monday evening so I don't know anything about tickets for Raw.

I still hate myself for missing Raw after Wrestlemania 24 (Ric Flair's retirement). I will never miss Raw after Mania and it has paid off with the last two I went to. Raw after Wrestlemania 27 was making the Rock vs Cena match (one of the highlights of that feud) and we all know how awesome the Raw after WM28 was.

The thing with Punk is that he's not at all a natural athlete and is hilarious ungraceful in his movements. I don't think it has held him back at all, though. I actually have always thought that D-Bryne is often quite ungraceful and kind of awkward in his movements, as well. Not all the time, but sometimes he moves around so strangely or bumps weird. Obviously hasn't held him back, either. They're both in the top five for sure.

Claudio is the tops right now, though. He's so good at everything. I want him on The Main Event every week so he can have 20 minute matches being awesome. I can't wait for him and D-Bryne to mix it up. There really isn't anyone I don't want to see him against right now. Heel or face, every potential match up against him sounds interesting. Even Miz, just so he can Swiss Death his face off. He meshes with every style and size on the roster. Dude is just the fucking man.
Bingo. It bothered me so much when I came back to watching last year. He's since won me over with his fantastic psychology and mic work (when they're not forcing him to yammer on about respect).

I still hate myself for missing Raw after Wrestlemania 24 (Ric Flair's retirement). I will never miss Raw after Mania and it has paid off with the last two I went to. Raw after Wrestlemania 27 was making the Rock vs Cena match (one of the highlights of that feud) and we all know how awesome the Raw after WM28 was.

I watched it from a Miami bar :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Following his appearance on Monday’s 20th Anniversary RAW, Ric Flair is still working for WWE without a contract in place. WWE is interested in signing him and it’s possible we’ll see a deal made in the coming weeks. TNA has also sent out feelers to Ric Flair about a possible return, but he’ll will be appearing for WWE over the next few months.

Flair is currently booked next week’s WWE RAW from San Jose, California and the following night’s SmackDown tapings from Sacramento. After that, he heads overseas to Japan for his coming match for All Japan Pro Wrestling.

As for Flair’s appearance on Miz TV, it was done to solidify The Miz a babyface and for Flair to “give” The Miz his Figure Four leg lock as a new finishing move. Flair reportedly joked to The Miz backstage, “I hope they let you beat people with it because I never did.”

A WWE source says we haven’t seen the last of Flair and Miz appearing on television together.

DAMNIT FLAIR! STOP IT! STOP IT NOW! STOP IT!

UGH!

I'd almost say he was better off in TNA, have the guy endorse a heel or something or recreate the 4 horsemen as a manager. BUT DON'T WASTE HIM ON MIZ DAMNIT!

JEEEEESUUUUUUUS!

Aiii

So not worth it
Pac got buff! I hope the extra weight won't affect his style too much. I'm assuming he has already debuted? How did he look, and how was he sold by the announce crew?

If you want to find out: watch NXT.

Why aren't you watchin NXT?

Why?!

X-pac's cousin

:p

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMNIT FLAIR! STOP IT! STOP IT NOW! STOP IT!

UGH!

I'd almost say he was better off in TNA, have the guy endorse a heel or something or recreate the 4 horsemen as a manager. BUT DON'T WASTE HIM ON MIZ DAMNIT!

JEEEEESUUUUUUUS!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT DOLPH?! OH YEAH BECAUSE DOLPH IS TOO BUSY LOSING TO CENA AFTER EATING ONE AA WHILE CENA KICKS OUT OF 6 FINISHERS.

FUCK YOU.

Ithil

Pac got buff! I hope the extra weight won't affect his style too much. I'm assuming he has already debuted? How did he look, and how was he sold by the announce crew?

He's been super buff for a while now, at least a year, and he's been going as good as ever. It's probably a good idea, when he's that ripped I'm sure his cruiser-weight status won't matter as much.

Ithil

PAC being buff means that Vince will like him

HHH: This guy is an excellent wrestler, I'm sure he'll be a great superstar if I can sign him. But he's under 210 pounds, how will I get Vince to push him? Aha!

HHH (to Vince): Hey boss, check out those abs!

Vince: SIGN THAT MASTODON RIGHT NOW I GOTTA HAVE THOSE MUSCLES ON TV, SIGN HIM I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMMIT!

HHH: Still got it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hase's stache is glorious.

Its one of my favorites, but can't beat the man who wore a mustache the best - Magnum TA.

I know Bootaaay will come in and preach some Hansenstache but TA's is godlike to me.

dFevs.jpg

somedevil

Regarding a potential Lesnar vs. The Undertaker match, a source noted that Taker is really hurting bad and since Lesnar works a very physical style, officials are very leery of ever doing that match.

So if Undertaker is still really hurt after a year off it seems like he is coming to end of his career. Whoever is opponent is this Wrestlemania they got to be careful with him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So they are signing too a year of Illogical Nonsense then?
I haven't talked to Illogical in a while, but I'm sure they'll get him on board soon.

So if Undertaker is still really hurt after a year off it seems like he is coming to end of his career. Whoever is opponent is this Wrestlemania they got to be careful with him.
If only there was a safe worker that has worked with Taker before,a nd could have an easily hyped retirement match with him. If only. . . . . . . .

Sokantish

I haven't talked to Illogical in a while, but I'm sure they'll get him on board soon.

If only there was a safe worker that has worked with Taker before,a nd could have an easily hyped retirement match with him. If only. . . . . . . .

Didn't Kane injure Cody Rhodes not too long ago?

Pavaloo

I seriously want Kane and Taker at WM, with both of them retiring afterwards. It's honestly the perfect person for the job, both in experience and just wrestling storyline. I somehow doubt this will ever come into fruition though.

Edit: Don't Lesnar and Taker actually hate each other in real life?

Its one of my favorites, but can't beat the man who wore a mustache the best - Magnum TA.

I know Bootaaay will come in and preach some Hansenstache but TA's is godlike to me.

dFevs.jpg

Magnum TA has a great stache, but the one that stands above the rest in my mind is simply... ravishing
rude_display_image.jpg

Punk? Yeah I agree.

Kane and Taker match with both falling into some kind of hole before it exploding in hell fire and both men are never seen or heard from again would work.

Get both of those old codgers of my TV.

Top Bottom