• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

jred2k

AJ's been over as fuck now for almost a year and she doesn't have a single piece of merchandise. How hard can it be to sell a shirt with her bow skull on it to the girls in the audience?

It's like they hate money.

Pfft, no one wants to wear the shirt of someone that kisses multiple people. I wouldn't let my daughter(if I had one) wear a shirt that turns her insta-slut.

What they need to make are some nice, wholesome Funkadactyl booty shorts.

Aiii

So not worth it
Keep in mind she's one of the more notable divas - what about any others? I mean, diva merch from what I can tell just...doesn't..exist.

Fair enough, but I believe AJ already main evented more Raw's (and played major roles in PPV's and Raw's) this past year alone then any of the women in WWE up until now.

It just seems silly to not make a single t-shirt, I just don't see it not making money for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I figure I'll give up on 99% of WWE stuff, and go balls deep into NJPW from now on. I feel good. I was pretty much already there, but...yeah.

I miss Ring Ka King. I really loved the look of Jazzy Lahoria, he looked so awesomely evil!

K0ux9.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Something that I really loved about Ring Ka King was even though Pathani Pathhe were obvious GREEN as hell in their match here against The Sheikhs, it had great production values with neat, new characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuGTSS0QPk

Worth watching just to hear Pathani Pathhe's theme music. Awesome stuff. I really, REALLY miss Ring Ka King.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ring Ka King dead?

Completely forgot about Ring Ka King.

It was pretty fun and over the top.

Is it ever coming back?

It's dead as far as I know. They had that first season that was totally awesome, but it ended and that was that. Endemol produced it (they also produced Jersey Shore and Flavor Of Love/I Love New York so don't complain) and I don't think they're coming out for more.

Linkified

Eugene wasn't bad, even the gimmick was remarkably tastefully done all things considered.

Plus it was the one gimmick that could be changed over time - that he was hit by a steel chair and he was mentally stable - would of worked well if Bischoff was still with WWE ... remember Eugene was Eric's Nephew.

Striker

Watching the 1997 Royal Rumble. So many wild characters, but damn it's fun to watch. Vince, JR, and King on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Plus it was the one gimmick that could be changed over time - that he was hit by a steel chair and he was mentally stable - would of worked well if Bischoff was still with WWE ... remember Eugene was Eric's Nephew.

Kinda how they saved Gallows' career. Festus was FUCKED, as a character and so was the person behind it - but thank goodness for whoever decided to make Punk get him off his medication.

Cagey

Banned
I was going to explain why Mark Henry is much more intimidating than Big Show because of the color of my skin but no matter how I would say it, it'd come out worse than it already sounds.

Mark Henry is a legendary world record holding powerlifter and quite likely the strongest human who ever lived.

So when that guy decides he wants to wreck people's shit, that's a level of intimidation no one else in the company can touch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Henry is a legendary world record holding powerlifter and quite likely the strongest human who ever lived.

So when that guy decides he wants to wreck people's shit, that's a level of intimidation no one else in the company can touch.

Well, I wouldn't call him the strongest human by any means, but yeah he's a strong man. A strong strong man!

Big Show really does pale in comparison...literally too.

Cagey

Banned
Well, I wouldn't call him the strongest human by any means, but yeah he's a strong man. A strong strong man!

Big Show really does pale in comparison...literally too.

Of course there's no 'true' answer, but it's not as crazy as it sounds. Plenty of people in the weightlifting field have called him that. It's more about extrapolating his career if he had ignored the WWE and focused on powerlifting 4lyfe.

Some of his one-lift records were broken by guys with a particular focus on that lift, but his combined stuff reigns supreme to this day.

Wikipedia:
Combined Lifting Records

official weightlifting total + official powerlifting total = Combined Supertotal:

400.0 kg + 1060.0 kg = 1460.0 kg / 881.8 lbs + 2336.9 lbs = 3218.7 lbs raw with wraps
→ current all-time highest combined weightlifting/powerlifting total in history (since 1996*)

5 official weightlifting&powerlifting lifts combined - the snatch + the clean&jerk and the squat + bench press + deadlift = Five-Lift-Combined-Total:

180.0 kg + 220.0 kg + 432.5 kg + 265.5 kg + 410.0 kg = 1508.0 kg / 396.8 lbs + 485.0 lbs + 953.5 lbs + 585.3 lbs + 903.9 lbs = 3324.5 lbs
→ current all-time highest 5 lift total in history (since 1996*)

* both combined all-time records had previously been held by legendary powerlifter Jon Cole

Holding these all-time records in the lifting sports makes Mark Henry arguably one of the Strongest Men in history. Having achieved this at the very young age of 24 while being lifetime drug-free[28][29] makes it even more impressive. Many experts in the field, including Bill Kazmaier, Jan & Terry Todd, Dr. Robert M. Goldman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Muscle & Fitness magazine and Flex magazine, consider him to be "one of the Strongest Men that ever lived" or even "the most naturally gifted strongman in history".

When asked in September 2003, who the strongest man in the world is today [2003], Bill Kazmaier, considered by many to be the greatest strongman of all time, stated: "It would have to be Mark Henry.[...] I think he's one of the strongest men in the history of the world, without a doubt."

Also, pound-for-pound is a different discussion.

But yeah, that's the main reason why. Plus, when he wants to look tough, he looks tough. Big Show looks goofy as a bald man. Ryback looks like a goof, which harkens back to the Goldberg/Ryback discussions on why Goldberg seemed like such a bigger bad ass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wikipedia:

Oh man. That's ridiculous. I had no idea what he's done has stood the test of time so well. I figured some Sven Svensson or Erik Jerkagaard or somesuch would have managed to grab it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty sure he's gonna wait for the rumble itself.

But then again, Raw's 20th Anniversary is coming up and I'm kinda hoping for another appearance of his son.

strobogo

Banned
I'm still not sure how I feel about Eugene. I actually liked a lot of his stuff at the beginning of the angle, but it was so dumb and offensive, but not as dumb and offensive as you'd expect from WWE doing a full retard angle. I felt bad for Nick Dinsmore, who spent so long in OVW only to get called up with that gimmick. But then again, he got a ton of TV time, feuded with HHH, and probably makes way more on the indys than he would have otherwise with a gimmick that I'm sure is a lot easier on his body than doing wrestling machine style matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
Eugene is my ultimate guilty pleasure wrestler. I just loved the gimmick, didn't care how politically incorrect it was really.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Of course there's no 'true' answer, but it's not as crazy as it sounds. Plenty of people in the weightlifting field have called him that. It's more about extrapolating his career if he had ignored the WWE and focused on powerlifting 4lyfe.

Some of his one-lift records were broken by guys with a particular focus on that lift, but his combined stuff reigns supreme to this day.

Wikipedia:

But yeah, that's the main reason why. Plus, when he wants to look tough, he looks tough. Big Show looks goofy as a bald man. Ryback looks like a goof, which harkens back to the Goldberg/Ryback discussions on why Goldberg seemed like such a bigger bad ass.

I was reading on reddit, people were like "Yeah Mark Henry is strong I guess"... then someone linked his Wiki page. HOLY SHIT. The dude could legitimately claim he's the world's strongest man. It only took me to read three lines in realize this:

During Mark's freshman year at Silsbee Highschool, he was already able to squat 600 lb (270 kg) for repetitions, which was well over school record.
By the time Mark finished high school he was a three-time Texas state champion with state and national records in all four powerlifting categories - the squat at 832 lb (377 kg), bench press at 525 lb (238 kg) and deadlift at 815 lb (370 kg) as well as the total at 2,033 lb (922 kg).

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading on reddit, people were like "Yeah Mark Henry is strong I guess"... then someone linked his Wiki page. HOLY SHIT. The dude could legitimately claim he's the world's strongest man. It only took me to read three lines in realize this:

Hoooooly fuck.

Cagey

Banned

Yeah, eff it here's the Wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Henry

I like how a guy named Konstantin Konstantinov beat one of his records. Sven Svensson indeed!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like how a guy named Konstantin Konstantinov beat one of his records. Sven Svensson indeed!

I have watched many a World's Strongest Man competition, seen many kegs of beer thrown over a wall, and many children in a schoolbus being pulled.

Laserfrog

I wanted to put custom musics into WWE 13 but I'll be darned if I know how to get music from a usb drive onto the 360 hard drive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to put custom musics into WWE 13 but I'll be darned if I know how to get music from a usb drive onto the 360 hard drive.

Spoiler: you can't. You have to burn audio CDs. yep. That's why licensed music in GWF is a big deal.

Laserfrog

What kind of backward tom foolery is that! Oh well I have some burnable ceedees, I'm going to sort a one off WWE 13 PPV Wrandom Wrestling Stream in the future. Once I sort out the card and stuff I guess I'll put all their music onto an 8-track and spool that into the 360.

Honestly as I think about it Eugene may actually be one of the best characters they've ever had and really wouldn't need to be changed. All of their faces are such hateful awful pricks it'd be nice to have one still around that was completely sincere and good to people.

Like hypothetically if I was a parent I would have a lot of issues with allowing my kid to cheer for a character like Cena who is excessively violent, abuses women, demeans people, acts wildly homophobic/xenophobic, etc. But I would have zero issues with letting my kid cheer for Eugene, who's only real "fault" is that people take advantage of him because he's too nice, how can you hate that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
don't you hate good games? or was it Beef? I can't remember.

I like good games, so I own everything except a Wii U. Which means I still like good games. I would say "it's not the systems that suck it all depends on the games" but from a usability perspective, PS3 is a piece of shit. Shit-ass updates, no party chat, poor trophy implementation...that's aside from the games and I can't defend that.

Pretty excited for the REAL next gen where updates are fast like 360's, incremental, and a responsive UI is king. However you never know, those UI developers and more tend to forget some pretty fucking big things. Hello Wii U and your updates.

Top Bottom