• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Why did Kurt Angle leave the WWE in the first place? I wasn't watching at the time.

If I remember the official word was he had a pretty serious drug problem and he was pretty banged up. WWE wanted him to get it sorted out by going to rehab. Kurt said he just needed time off and got a early release to sort everything out.

He got his release and everyone was still on good terms but then about 2 months later he showed up in TNA and proceeded to spend the next several years heavy drinking.

strobogo

Banned
Did we ever find out who the guy on suicide watch was around the time Kurt got released? People assumed it was him, but I don't think it was every actually said. Maybe it was Benoit?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
iXbs3lJ2xvB7m.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The way I heard it was that Kurt needed time off, but he knew if he left, he wouldn't be guaranteed his spot back. Because, if you remember, Kurt as like THE guy on Smackdown at the time. Him and Undertaker were having a big feud and then he was going to ECW? Or maybe that was before. It was definitely during 'wrestling machine' times.

Adrian Neville? What is with WWE and first name/last name?

What happened to wrasslers having nicknames and such? CM Punk and Sin Cara are the only ones out of this pg era that come to mind.

That first name/last name menace extends to real life as well. I met a Greg Brown the other day, what the fuck, right?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did we ever find out who the guy on suicide watch was around the time Kurt got released? People assumed it was him, but I don't think it was every actually said. Maybe it was Benoit?
I don't believe it was suicide watch. I believe it was someone who the reports said had a serious drug problem, and people expected that it would kill him. It was never revealed, but I assumed by the soon after release, and then subsequent drug related death that it was Umaga.

DKehoe

Haven't been on here much because I just started a new job this week but here is the latest version of the list of entrants for the GAF Rumble.

DKehoe, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo, Aiii, Judderman, Dork Knight, somedevil, Parallax, Frackh, Net_Wrecker, Professor Beef, Ithil, Laserfrog, Reneledarker, Mr. Sandman, BillRiccio, DMczaf, Ultratech, Jeff Albertson, mechashiva, Shark Johnson, Chriswok, Killing_Joke, KenOD, Kyoufu, El Pescado, jred2k, Str0ngStyle, mrboo001, Enfinit, Mr. Sam, tm24, Penguin, LoserMakesGood, Chico Terry

If you want in, or have already asked but aren't on the list, PM me and let me know.

jmdajr

Haven't been on here much because I just started a new job this week but here is the latest version of the list of entrants for the GAF Rumble.

DKehoe, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo, Aiii, Judderman, Dork Knight, somedevil, Parallax, Frackh, Net_Wrecker, Professor Beef, Ithil, Laserfrog, Reneledarker, Mr. Sandman, BillRiccio, DMczaf, Ultratech, Jeff Albertson, mechashiva, Shark Johnson, Chriswok, Killing_Joke, KenOD, Kyoufu, El Pescado, jred2k, Str0ngStyle, mrboo001, Enfinit, Mr. Sam, tm24, Penguin, LoserMakesGood, Chico Terry

If you want in, or have already asked but aren't on the list, PM me and let me know.

awww man, do we hate HHH that much :'(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

It's $5 each, right?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I kind of don't want anyone to come back, because they're just going to job to Cena eventually.

Angle asked for his WWE release in August 2006 because he (and everyone else) knew he was going to end up dead at the rate he was going. He couldn't make himself slow down and he was severely injured/hooked on pain pills. The agreement was that he would take some time off and come back refreshed, but then he signed with TNA about two months later, lol.

If I were Vince,

I would bring in Sting, and give him a 3 month run from Jan to WM. I would not have him job to undertaker, but maybe get a win over Kane at WM.

I would have brought Flair to start a New Horsemen With Ziggler as the leader, and eventual champ. The other members would be shield.

I would have Punk do an injury angle (I know I know) and spend 2 months 8 weeks getting in real shape to get revenge on the rock for a RR loss at WM, only to be stunned by Stone Cold after the match is over.

I would send Cena on a goodwill tour of Africa, and make sure he would never come back.

this is happing ill be watching archer but it should be dumb non the less

yes there was a teaser a the september ppv and he debuted in october

Crowd popped huge. I remember all the talk about Angle being the big star they needed to truly push them to the next level and compete with the WWE.

Also, an Angle/Joe match would be amazing as Joe was the hottest wrestling talent at the time and that too, would elevate both TNA and Joe as the next big thing.

lol.

What state is Pepsi City in?

What's a state?

yes there was a teaser a the september ppv and he debuted in october

Even though there was a teaser it was still a huge shock given that Angle left on pretty good terms and really should not have been wrestling at all at the time. I think the only other time they surprised people like that was when they debuted Bobby Lashley, but that was more of a "why would they hire Bobby Lashley?" situation

Is this the Money Rumble or the standard GAF Rumble?
But Cena was the one being booed :(
So was The Rock at WrestleMania X8. Full circle.

strobogo

Banned
Serious talk. I dont think Kurt will make it to 50. He is still going as hard has ever and even if he says otherwise he probably isnt clean.

I feel like he's finally slowed down in the past year. He's taken time off and has been in mostly tags that were notable less crazy Kurt and slower paced.

Top Bottom