• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mgr8gsypwm1r5y36co1_400.gif

i didn't get to see the Attitude Era as it unfolded, so i have no nostalgia for the Rock and i have to say... he's kinda awful. maybe he was better back then but now it's just juvenile insults, catch-phrases and little-to-no meaning to his words.

honestly, he treads on Cena territory when it comes to promos. they're "change the channel" bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i didn't get to see the Attitude Era as it unfolded, so i have no nostalgia for the Rock and i have to say... he's kinda awful. maybe he was better back then but now it's just juvenile insults, catch-phrases and little-to-no meaning to his words.

honestly, he treads on Cena territory when it comes to promos. they're "change the channel" bad.

Rock is pretty much the same as he was in the Attitude era. never liked him though. Face or heel, I didn't like him.

Though I did like Flex Kavana. What a guy!

Rock is pretty much the same as he was in the Attitude era. never liked him though. Face or heel, I didn't like him.

then i don't understand how he got over. Stone Cold cuts a promo and it sounds... natural, not forced or from a script. same thing with Punk, they have this natural flow in their speeches, with almost no awkward pauses, with good cadence.

Rock sounds weird, like someone fucking around with the volume of a stereo. he speaks louder but it means nothing, you know what i mean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
then i don't understand how he got over. Stone Cold cuts a promo and it sounds... natural, not forced or from a script. same thing with Punk, they have this natural flow in their speeches, with almost no awkward pauses, with good cadence.

Rock sounds weird, like someone fucking around with the volume of a stereo. he speaks louder but it means nothing, you know what i mean.

While I never liked Rock, I think his heel work showed the most promise. I legitimately couldn't stand watching him. His ring work on the other hand...real good. Can't deny that.

You might need to pick a side. Cena's cadence or Rock's? Who's the lesser evil?

Though I did like Flex Kavana. What a guy!

DeanAmbroseNope.gif

Without hair, a $500 shirt, Gucci loafers, and a pair of sunglasses he's only a shell of his former self.

Plus he smiles too damn much.

Anth0ny

he was better back then

but he's still better than cena

and better than anyone on the show besides punk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower and Lamba are just a couple of Jabronis that should check themselves into a double room at the Smackdown Hotel.

It did put a weenie in my butt to see him get a show named after him.

I think what you're looking for is authenticity. When guys like Punk, Foley, and Austin speak their characters sound like human beings who truly believe what they're saying. Guys like Rock, Hogan, and Cena just speak in cliches that the audience responds to. Neither side is necessarily "worse" and there are definitely times when these guys have been good at the "other type" of promo, but I certainly know which ones I like and which I don't.

While I never liked Rock, I think his heel work showed the most promise. I legitimately couldn't stand watching him. His ring work on the other hand...real good. Can't deny that.

You might need to pick a side. Cena's cadence or Rock's? Who's the lesser evil?

if i had to pick one? Cena. he lowers, he rises, then screams, then pauses with no logical sequence whatsoever.

Foley was an expert when it came to this, he knew how to emphasize parts of his promos by altering his speech. example:

http://youtu.be/EZJCuYWEMAk

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

He used to do the same thing, except he was better at it.

Execution counts for a lot.

Impact seemed to be going great but when Angle came in so did Vince Russo and that was the beginning of the end for TNA and Samoa Joe career.

Also, found this wikia like page of all TNA's crappy moments called LOL TNA which is still being updated.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History#2005

Thanks dude, this will provide some real laughs, like this little gem.

The Rainbow Express debuted on TNA. They were a homosexual gimmick tag team that were booked as heels, due to the TNA target audience at the time (southern folk). This results in face commentator Don West making awkward homophobic remarks, whilst heel commentator Ed Ferarra sounded educated and tolerant.

The Rainbow Express debuted on TNA. They were a homosexual gimmick tag team that were booked as heels, due to the TNA target audience at the time (southern folk). This results in face commentator Don West making awkward homophobic remarks, whilst heel commentator Ed Ferarra sounded educated and tolerant.

I'm so sick and tired of these limey cookiepusses thumbing their upturned noses at our culture. Not to mention the fact that these arseholes outnumber us in this thread and keep throwing their weight around.

Why don't you blokes go get your action soap opera fill from Downton Abbey or summink?

Kaladin

Or this.....

Jackass: Number 2 was heavily promoted for several weeks as many X Division wrestlers attempted to recreate stunts from the Jackass series (something the opening sequence of the show strongly discourages). Stunts included: Senshi popping a blow-up doll by stomping on it, Jay Lethal riding a shopping cart into the ringpost, and Petey Williams being fed laxatives. Despite their effort, Steve O and Chris Pontius made an appearance on Raw and had a match with Umaga while nobody from the Jackass crew stopped by the iMPACT Zone.

The Petey Williams laxative incident happened at a PPV during a match with Jay Lethal. What could have been a fun X-Division match for the paying customers, it turned into a terrible "comedy" match where Petey feigned badly needing to take a shit bell-to-bell. Don West shouted "THE SMELL! OH GOD THE SMELL!" the entire match, although nobody in the audience seemed too bothered.

DKehoe

Is this the Money Rumble or the standard GAF Rumble?

So was The Rock at WrestleMania X8. Full circle.

It's $5 each, right?

Just to confirm there is no entry fee to take part, also, no limit on the number of entrants.

So everyone is a winner, except those who don't get the winning entrant.

Also, the winners don't win anything, so no one really wins.

It's all a metaphor for the experience of watching pro wrestling, ya bunch of marks.

somedevil

This is hilarious:

AJ busted into the S.E.X. lockerroom with a chainsaw, threatened to cut Glenn Gilbertti into pieces, and called him a faggot

or
Cookie-gate at Turning Point 2004. In December 2004, WWE was in Orlando filming the "West Side Story" Royal Rumble commercial. Being in town, a few TNA stars and a camera crew head over to the WWE filming set to offer a "welcome wagon". However, they were kicked off the set. In response, this is turned into a "storyline" where the footage of what went down was hyped to be shown at the PPV in an attempt to make WWE look bad. To hype up how overly scandalous this supposed footage was, a fake Vince McMahon and Triple H begin roaming the iMPACT zone to find and destroy the footage while "firing" several TNA employees in the process. The footage actually ended up making TNA look much worse. It starred BG James, Shane Douglas, Ron Killings, Konnan, Abyss and Traci Brooks walking onto the set with balloons and cookies, acting like obnoxious buffoons. After continuously asking if they could speak to Vince McMahon, uninvitedly eating food off the buffet table and putting Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton and an unmasked Rey Mysterio on camera, they're left offended and surprised when WWE officials tell them to leave. After the footage was aired, Tenay and West act completely baffled as to why WWE would do such a thing. Nobody cared.

Damn early TNA is amazing

The Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles saga

Lynn and Styles tagged together in the first ever match on TNA in a losing effort to The Flying Elvises -- A trio of multiracial Elvis impersonators. The following week, Styles pinned Lynn to become the X Division Champion. The week after that, Styles and Lynn became Tag Team Champions.

The week after this, Lynn piledrived AJ, calling him a glory hog. The following week, Styles demanded an apology and then kicked Lynn in the head. Lynn then interferes in AJ's title defense.

Suddenly realising these two are the Tag Champs, TNA has them make up on the following program. The very next week, AJ would attack Lynn (still Tag Champs).
Lynn gets pinned in a Triple Threat for AJ's X Division Title. The two then randomly brawl with Jarrett/Killings to end the show.

Styles/Lynn then have to defend the Tag Titles against Jarrett/Killings, with the match ending in Dusty fashion.

So Lynn/Styles finally have a series of matches to settle their differences. The first being Falls Count Anywhere, the second being No Disqualifications, and - if they need the third - a 10 minute Ironman Match. Surprisingly, the series ends in a draw after both men score 3-3 in the Ironman.

A few weeks later, Styles and Lynn were still feuding over the title belt. This leads to a Ladder Match where the referee took a bump for no reason, Sonny Siaki interfered but was beaten up by Lynn, and AJ ends up winning the belt. This apparently didn't settle well with Bob Armstrong, who comes down and immediately books a rematch for the next week under the same stipulations.

I finally get to post. Of course the first place I post in is Wrasslegaf. Greetings folks. I'm gonna tread lightly....I'd hate to get banned for something retarded. Professor Beef and Panda, I will be seeing you two gentlemen around......dat Mahvel baby.

Pavaloo

I'll admit I don't like 2011-2013 Rock, but I won't lie, watching the attitude era as it unfolded, The Rock was second only to Stone Cold. The man was a star and instant classic. I remember people who didn't watch wrestling knew about the guy.

Like it's any better now.

True Dat dude. It's always one step forward and two steps back with them. Remember when they were good for about three months and then Aces and 8's started. I am looking forward to the wedding tonight though. Bully Ray is amazing and Brooke can't act, makes for awesome wrasslin I'm guessing!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I finally get to post. Of course the first place I post in is Wrasslegaf. Greetings folks. I'm gonna tread lightly....I'd hate to get banned for something retarded. Professor Beef and Panda, I will be seeing you two gentlemen around......dat Mahvel baby.

A friend RVD made comment few week back...now I no why, i say a small guy called the Mango Sentinel did hay shake my handno! Yes I said SMALL!!

^ Who the fuck does this guy think he is, barging in and not shaking any hands.

Well maybe if you offered first! not everyone is a "Hi i'm Dolph Ziggler" guy,

HWtCM.gif

Do you know where you are? This is the jungle, baby. This is WrassleGAF. Where the big boys play!

Laserfrog

Hello I'll welcome you because nobody else will, they are mean, they won't even talk about Lou Thesz.

Honestly as long as I've been lurking I probably should've just posted some random ass Kane gif and all would have been well. Now I can never get that moment back. That was my first impression and it's how I will always be remembered. I am ashamed.

That match was hilarious to watch. No is could get out

That was the live January show where they went head to head with WWE wasn't it? And every old star they could find was rolled out

Anyway you know what sucks? The Prime Time Playas were getting over as a tag team and Titus was getting better each week but since his awesome stint on commentary they have been relegated to main even and hardly feature these days

Top Bottom