• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Kaladin

Honestly as long as I've been lurking I probably should've just posted some random ass Kane gif and all would have been well. Now I can never get that moment back. That was my first impression and it's how I will always be remembered. I am ashamed.

Nah, if you would have just posted a random Kane gif we wouldn't even know it was a new poster.

WWE signed a new All-American American wrestler.
But they already have Swags! unless...no, they could never!

Hello I'll welcome you because nobody else will, they are mean, they won't even talk about Lou Thesz.
Maybe you should take the time out to look at the poster who first welcomed you here and moulded you into the GWF champ you are today.

I'm pretty sure it was me, it was me all along Frog.

I finally get to post. Of course the first place I post in is Wrasslegaf. Greetings folks. I'm gonna tread lightly....I'd hate to get banned for something retarded. Professor Beef and Panda, I will be seeing you two gentlemen around......dat Mahvel baby.

Welcome ::shakes hand::. We need your fave five and also what promotions your in to. You then be judged and ridiculed. Then accepted.

Laserfrog

But they already have Swags! unless...no, they could never!

Maybe you should take the time out to look at the poster who first welcomed you here and moulded you into the GWF champ you are today.

I'm pretty sure it was me, it was me all along Frog.

I can't think that far back I'm pretty sure I've been here since the 1960's. We were all on the darpanet back then and we liked it. Logging into the system through our terminals and leaving text on how the matches were going, it was good times. Watch out for that Verne Gagne he's really gonna go places we'd all say and you know what we was right.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Honestly as long as I've been lurking I probably should've just posted some random ass Kane gif and all would have been well. Now I can never get that moment back. That was my first impression and it's how I will always be remembered. I am ashamed.
There's still time. Post the Kane gif!

I can't think that far back I'm pretty sure I've been here since the 1960's. We were all on the darpanet back then and we liked it. Logging into the system through our terminals and leaving text on how the matches were going, it was good times. Watch out for that Verne Gagne he's really gonna go places we'd all say and you know what we was right.

VINTAGE WRASSLEGAF
/Cole

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the rest. Join up with me.

TEAM RAINMAKER.

Or as you've been known, "The Trainmaker" FallingEdge, #2 Global Fighting Heritage Wrestling Heritage Southern Heritage Heritage Heritage Champion.

Hey Mango, you won't make it into the GWF as it's in its final days before the DEATH.

Impact seemed to be going great but when Angle came in so did Vince Russo and that was the beginning of the end for TNA and Samoa Joe career.

Also, found this wikia like page of all TNA's crappy moments called LOL TNA which is still being updated.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History#2005

Paul Heyman was in talks with TNA to join the company. However, he wanted full control of the company aspects, and wanted to get rid of all the veterans aside from one guy to stand out (if you're over 40 I'll rip your fucking head off) while building a younger, talented roster. Spike TV were fine with it, TNA was fine with it, but Dixie Carter was not due to her loyalty to these veterans as well as people who would be fired such as Vince Russo. The deal fell apart and TNA continued to go backwards instead of forwards.

Forgot about this. Oh what could have been...

Forgot about this. Oh what could have been...

Heyman said the only guy he was going to keep was Kurt Angle, who he would have used in a long program with Bryan Danielson to get Danielson over.

Then he was going to build Abyss as a huge monster and Danielson as the next Chris B-----. He would keep them separated for about six-seven months until they finally ran into each other. Then six more months to build up to the actual match. His direct quote: "In a perfect world, Abyss vs. Danielson would be just like the 18-month build we had for Sabu vs. Taz, but attention spans are not what they used to be in 1995-1997. So we'll go six months before their eventual showdown."

There's still time. Post the Kane gif!
How I feel about wrestling most days
131023_o.gif

One of my favorite Kane chokeslams
158314_o.gif

And I just post this one because after I stopped watching wrestling and randomly turned it on one day this was the shit I saw and just lol'd
2668855_o.gif

Welcome ::shakes hand::. We need your fave five and also what promotions your in to. You then be judged and ridiculed. Then accepted.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. El Generico
3. Antonio Cesaro
4. CM Punk
5. Shinsuke Nakamura

I really dig PWG. Wish I could've gone to the show last weekend. Of course I watch WWE. Sometimes TNA just because they have a lot of talent I like.....and waste. NJPW when I am recommended something and I'll also just follow certain wrestlers (Nakamura). I'm not too fond of ROH most of the time, but when I hear about a good match that isn't full of 3442646 finishers, I will definitely watch.

Kaladin

1. Daniel Bryan
2. El Generico
3. Antonio Cesaro
4. CM Punk
5. Shinsuke Nakamura

I really dig PWG. Wish I could've gone to the show last weekend. Of course I watch WWE. Sometimes TNA just because they have a lot of talent I like.....and waste. NJPW when I am recommended something and I'll also just follow certain wrestlers (Nakamura). I'm not too fond of ROH most of the time, but when I hear about a good match that isn't full of 3442646 finishers, I will definitely watch.

Shakes hand.

PWG fan?

Fine by me.

AMERICA.

chicksandamerica.gif

Or as you've been known, "The Trainmaker" FallingEdge, #2 Global Fighting Heritage Wrestling Heritage Southern Heritage Heritage Heritage Champion.

TRAINING HARD BABY. 24/7. CHAMPION AND BEST IN THE WORLD.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. El Generico
3. Antonio Cesaro
4. CM Punk
5. Shinsuke Nakamura

We got a keeper

ajdanielbryan-1.gif

We'll have to start you on some CHIKARA with the new season starting in February.

What's funny is that Chikara is one of the only promotions that I think I haven't seen any matches whatsoever. It seems like it's probably fun, at least from the few clips here and there that I see.

EDIT: I'm going to the WWE house show in Ontario Cali on Saturday. Wanted to go to the one in LA on friday as well but I decided against it. Hopefully this shit will be good times. I've been to live Raw's and to a few ppv's but I've never been to a house show.

What's funny is that Chikara is one of the only promotions that I think I haven't seen any matches whatsoever. It seems like it's probably fun, at least from the few clips here and there that I see.

EDIT: I'm going to the WWE house show in Ontario Cali on Saturday. Wanted to go to the one in LA on friday as well but I decided against it. Hopefully this shit will be good times. I've been to live Raw's and to a few ppv's but I've never been to a house show.

Chikara is a lot of fun. I'm slowly getting into watching non wwe stuff and i highly recommend chikara's king of trios 2012. Also, did Cibernetico Rises come out for dvd/dl? (the ROH/Chikara 2012 ppv)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And 2011 Daniels was nothing to write home about. 2012 Daniels was where it's at.
EDIT: Chris Daniels is Kane with wrestling ability.

And better facial hair.
q13nb.jpg

Prediction time: I think by the end of 2013, WWE will clear out some of its junkier wrestlers and sign

Bobby Roooo - This just seems like a matter of time. TNA is probably trying to hold onto him because he's one of the few homegrown stars they have, and I'm sure Bobby appreciates the schedule, so he can be with his family. But you gotta imagine he wants to get paid more and do WWE at least once. There was also some case where he and Gail were backstage at a WWE event and a bunch of people knew who he was. He's basically super old school like Hunter too, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's one Mr. H's wants.

Madison Rayne - WWE desperately needs a female heel. AJ is doing the whatever gimmick, but I don't think she could be 'independent female heel who does lucha!' It's kind of like Rey Mysterio being heel. It doesn't work. And Madison's young, and I would argue she's the best female on the mic right now. Layla's heel work was pretty much nodding her head to Michelle McCool, Tamina is shockingly mediocre(and is only signed because I guess they owe her dad?), I can't see Kaitlyn as a heel. Nattie's such a joke now that no one would buy it. Naomi might be possible, but she's still green when it comes to being on the mic.

Kazuchika Okada - Yeah, it's probaby bullshit rumors. But of the New Japan guys, he's the closest to a 'safe style' they've got. He's got a great look, and you could easily pair him in a Four Horsemen style stable with Flair or some other kind of 'we got money' faction. I just hope they don't make him nationalist heel. It doesn't work. He's also got a rare talent of being incredibly young while performing on the biggest stages in Japan. Even if you don't think he's as good in the ring as Tanahashi or Naito(which I definitely think), he has an amazing amount of confidence for someone so young in such big scenarios.

Averno - I think they'll sign him. Again.

I'd also like to see the Aries & Roode dynamic carry over, but Aries is so short. I highly doubt he'll ever get signed past maybe being a trainer.
tumblr_mgl0xrI1iM1qid2w0o5_250.gif

Chikara is a lot of fun. I'm slowly getting into watching non wwe stuff and i highly recommend chikara's king of trios 2012. Also, did Cibernetico Rises come out for dvd/dl? (the ROH/Chikara 2012 ppv)

I would have no idea about that dvd. But I've heard good things about King of Trios, so I will check it out soon. UltraMantis Black is one of the main reasons I want to watch some Chikara.

Here are a few matches from CHIAKRA, should give you a good idea on what they offer. House show should be a good time. I have always enjoyed myself at them.

Kota Ibushi vs. El Generico vs. Nick Jackson vs. Jigsaw

Fire Ant vs. Chuck Taylor

8 man international tag

The Colony vs Team Osaka Pro

Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown vs. Obariyon & Kodama

Cibernetico Rises is out. I really enjoyed the main event definitely worth the buy.

Top Bottom