• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheamus' is very recognizable because ITS A SHAMEFUL THING, LOBSTER HEAD

Others, though...not so much.

G-Fex

Dark Souls, because I know you won't be any good at it.
Correct I was never did it in fact I rented it once from game fly and I played it well just like fuck all and I played with the Celtic armorless guy name sheamus and I got beaten pretty Damn bad

jmdajr

By far the most important part of any theme is the first 3-5 seconds, it's supposed to be instantly recognizable. They've got that down already for the Shield, and that's ideal. The rest of the theme is secondary, it just needs to fit the guy's (or guys') character.

Some guys, like Sheamus, have ok themes, but they just sort of "start", without any recognizable opening sound or riff.

The full Sheamus song has a slow intro. I actually kind of like it but it's never used.

You get banned bad mouthing it in gaming forum. Gotta be done somewhere.

At this rate you'll carry that to your grave with you, the three month rule certainly does not apply in Wrasslegaf, this is like Kane levels of callbacks at this point.

Can someone please explain to me who thought that WWE13's attitude era historical shopping list thing was a good idea? it only serves to highlight the games completely inept and piss poor game design as you jump through hoops that can get easily screwed over by uncooperative CPU, this wouldn't be too much of an issue if the vast majority of the games content (expecially AE content) wasn't locked behind such tasks.

knee

I like good games, so I own everything except a Wii U. Which means I still like good games. I would say "it's not the systems that suck it all depends on the games" but from a usability perspective, PS3 is a piece of shit. Shit-ass updates, no party chat, poor trophy implementation...that's aside from the games and I can't defend that.

Pretty excited for the REAL next gen where updates are fast like 360's, incremental, and a responsive UI is king. However you never know, those UI developers and more tend to forget some pretty fucking big things. Hello Wii U and your updates.

^ wow, that's terrible.

Striker

Can someone please explain to me who thought that WWE13's attitude era historical shopping list thing was a good idea? it only serves to highlight the games completely inept and piss poor game design as you jump through hoops that can get easily screwed over by uncooperative CPU, this wouldn't be too much of an issue if the vast majority of the games content (expecially AE content) wasn't locked behind such tasks.
You mean the objectives they place to unlock certain things?

Some are a bit crappy, but for the most part I had no issue.

What bugged me was the Edge one with Vader. It asked to do a specific move, which I had assumed was a finisher, but it was in fact his signature. Come to find out it is also his back-up finisher, too. So it's all screwy. AI has been shitty too; thankfully they did not force any 6-man ladder matches on you.

So I want to start posting up some PWG gifs. Anyone have the link to the thread that talks about making gifs? Or was it a bootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay post?

strobogo

Banned
The only thing that gave me trouble was having to hit the 10 count punches on Kane in the cage match. Took me like 45 minutes doing just that move before I actually got to 10. the rest I did pretty easily even on Legend.

Striker

The only thing that gave me trouble was having to hit the 10 count punches on Kane in the cage match. Took me like 45 minutes doing just that move before I actually got to 10. the rest I did pretty easily even on Legend.
Took me two tries for it to finally rest in. Also found it extremely easier to exit through door instead of over the top.

I've had more fun playing my Wii U with Zombi U, Nintendo Land, and New Super Mario Bros U in the last month or so than I've had in years with my PS3 or 360. Nintendo Land alone has single handedly revitalized my love of console gaming.

More on topic, Ryback is a jerk. Daniel Bryan deserved a better hug than that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've had more fun playing my Wii U with Zombi U, Nintendo Land, and New Super Mario Bros U in the last month or so than I've had in years with my PS3 or 360. Nintendo Land alone has single handedly revitalized my love of console gaming.

Surprising to hear, as most impressions I've heard we're pretty negative, but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself! I don't think it'll work on me though, but hey, different strokes.

strobogo

Banned
Took me two tries for it to finally rest in. Also found it extremely easier to exit through door instead of over the top.

Of course. I haven't even tried to exit over the cage since they introduced exiting the door mechanic. I'd get up to like 7 on punches and he'd reverse it. Then 9. Then 1. Then 3. Then 9. Then 6. For an hour.

tumblr_mfzelg5CrW1qg0e8mo1_400.gif

jmdajr

Have you really thought this through? Or have you just been bitter lately?

Have you really thought this through? Or have you just been bitter lately?

I just find Nintendo's offerings fresh and exciting in an industry I've been becoming increasingly disillusioned with in the last few years.

Especially Nintendo Land.

You mean the objectives they place to unlock certain things?

Some are a bit crappy, but for the most part I had no issue.

What bugged me was the Edge one with Vader. It asked to do a specific move, which I had assumed was a finisher, but it was in fact his signature. Come to find out it is also his back-up finisher, too. So it's all screwy. AI has been shitty too; thankfully they did not force any 6-man ladder matches on you.

Gah, I just had a two successive bouts of annoyance, first being the NAO against Road Warriors where on my way to grab the tag team title belt while the referee is downed Animal tried to bar access to the announcer area, upon finally getting past him Hawk just countered the belt hit and then the ref got up and the game is just like "whoops, you failed, do the match all over again for another chance!", repeating tedious tag matches with he added requirement of needing to have certain opponents in the ring at the right time is just a pain.

Then there's beat Road Dogg in two minutes as Austin and stunner Billy Gunn who patrols the outside of the ring, easy enough it seems as you start with a finisher and can easily earn another but Gunn kept distracting the referee at every possible winning pinfall, so instead I saved both stunners, hit Gunn with one so he wouldn't interfere and then quickly returned to hit Road Dogg with the other but then he of course flips near the ropes, in the time it takes to drag him back into a pin-able area and make the cover Gunn of course revives to distract the ref, with 2 seconds left I made Road Dogg tap out but because the match doesn't actually finish until after the submission tap out animation is fully over it somehow counted as not being within the time limit even though the bell rung, I try once more and manage to get a clothesline victory 2 seconds late after the ref spent the previous 30 seconds gawking at Billy Gunn to ignore my tap out victory and two other pinfall attempts, ARRRGH! WHY?! WHY?! WHY?! I mean really it's a pretty easy challenge but luck is not my friend today.

It's not so much actually difficult as it's just plain annoying, a nice idea that's implementation is already all over the place and i'm not even a quarter way through the mode yet.

So the answer is no and yes I guess.

And that's my opinion by the way.

Yeah, no, I mean, I totally get it if you don't like it, but I'm absolutely in love with it. It takes me back to when I could actually have fun playing games like I did playing Balloon Fight and Urban Champion when I was like 6 years old.

jmdajr

Yeah, no, I mean, I totally get it if you don't like it, but I'm absolutely in love with it. It takes me back to when I could actually have fun playing games like I did playing Balloon Fight and Urban Champion when I was like 6 years old.

That's cool. It's just the the PS3/360 plus XBLA/PSN library is pretty fucking extensive over the past 7 years.

That's cool. It's just the the PS3/360 plus XBLA/PSN library is pretty fucking extensive over the past 7 years.

I was thinking more of like the last two or three years, but yeah, I don't know, I just haven't had much fun lately.

The last 360 game I can even think I was in love with was Spelunky, and even then I'd rather just play it on PC. The whole industry is going to collapse in the next generation anyway...

Nocturnowl, that Austin vs. Road Dogg match is ridiculously hard. It took me hours. So did HBK/Bulldog in Britain, but I think that match was glitched.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just paid the 2 dollars unlock everything one wwe 13

Yeah, dollar buddies! I needed it for GWF though.

COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS! COUPLE OF DOLLARS!

colemiilionsbnipv.gif

jmdajr

I was thinking more of like the last two or three years, but yeah, I don't know, I just haven't had much fun lately.

The last 360 game I can even think I was in love with was Spelunky, and even then I'd rather just play it on PC. The whole industry is going to collapse in the next generation anyway...

Nocturnowl, that Austin vs. Road Dogg match is ridiculously hard. It took me hours. So did HBK/Bulldog in Britain, but I think that match was glitched.

Doom and gloom makes me sad.

Doom and gloom makes me sad.

Me too, but look at the state of the industry. Developmental costs have gotten so absurdly high that these companies can't support themselves anymore. Hell, Sony is barely struggling along as it is as a consumer electronics company not to mention a videogame company.

In a few years Nintendo will be the Sole Survivor
Ha ha! WWE reference, get it?
and who knows if they'll even bring games out here since the US market is do much weaker than Japan's...

How'd you do such a thing.

Well I don't feel like slogging to unlock characters. Stupid trend in fighting games.

Or if you want to know its in the wwe shop under Xbox live tab. It's called the accumulator and it s 240 points

The new age outlaws vs LOD took me 6 or 7 tries to hit animal with the damn belt

jmdajr

Me too, but look at the state of the industry. Developmental costs have gotten so absurdly high that these companies can't support themselves anymore. Hell, Sony is barely struggling along as it is as a consumer electronics company not to mention a videogame company.

In a few years Nintendo will be the Sole Survivor
Ha ha! WWE reference, get it?
and who knows if they'll even bring games out here since the US market is do much weaker than Japan's...

Yeah I was pretty happy with my usual console cycles. But multi million dollars budgets and trash smartphone games on the other end not helping.

Toki767

Well I don't feel like slogging to unlock characters. Stupid trend in fighting games.

Or if you want to know its in the wwe shop under Xbox live tab. It's called the accumulator and it s 240 points

The new age outlaws vs LOD took me 6 or 7 tries to hit animal with the damn belt

Isn't 240 points $3?

Top Bottom