• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
Thread is in dire need of more AJ.

tumblr_mgtuwmDPFO1r9rfy2o1_500.png

Vintage AJ.

Pavaloo

Are you talking about the recaps? Because I enjoy reading those a lot.

I support Bogo's right to write them, but I don't appreciate his obviously fake trolling.

:mad:

Fans of wrestling.

*goes back to constructing the Wrestling Connoisseurs Thread with Bootaaay and Co*

Lol jeez, I just don't find wcw 2000 recaps interesting, sue me. If someone were recapping Raw Is War I would say the same thing.

Kyoufu

I personally scroll down because I have no interest in them but people can post whatever they want in here. You don't have to read it.

The only thing that bothered me in the past is the 9000 Kane gifs every page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the invite, Sunphonie

:(

Hey I didn't

Thanks for the invite, Sunbaloney

:(

No you're a part of & Co

Oh god he's gonna swear again

I think we've come full circle. First people complained about gifs and pics; now people complain about text.

Amazing how that's happened.

Me too. Never stop strobogo, just start over once you finish December.

Do all WCW PPVs chronologically since A Flair For the Gold

fixed for wcw

Damn Beef you're really mean for a ghost :(

Dthomp

Taz really? Here I was almost upset that I missed Impact. First they ruin it by covering Velvet up in that attire and now TAZ??? WTF is this shit?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously though - do you think our Wrasslin thread needs a small offshoot in OT about basically wrestling matches through time and space? Or is it ok in our catch-all thread? I know it sucks if you do a big writeup and heaven forbid - Raw begins right when you post, etc. What do you all think? I can go either way, honestly.

Pavaloo

I don't mind all wrestling stuff being lumped into this thread, in fact, it has exposed me to a lot of stuff that I like now. If it's something (like the wcw recaps) that I don't want to read, I just scroll passed it. It's not really a big issues is it?

Seriously though - do you think our Wrasslin thread needs a small offshoot in OT about basically wrestling matches through time and space? Or is it ok in our catch-all thread? I know it sucks if you do a big writeup and heaven forbid - Raw begins right when you post, etc. What do you all think? I can go either way, honestly.

Wetro Wrestling Fred?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, I don't think so. These threads aren't really big enough to do that, and it's best not to break up the community into offshoots. No other community needs it, and neither should we.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Tommy Dreamer first gets beat down by The Shield and then by Aces and Eights. These new stables really hate ECdub, don't they?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind all wrestling stuff being lumped into this thread, in fact, it has exposed me to a lot of stuff that I like now. If it's something (like the wcw recaps) that I don't want to read, I just scroll passed it. It's not really a big issues is it?

I dunno I heard someone complaining about scrolling past it :p

But really, that's the biggest argument I'd have for keeping it here - all it takes is just one person to see something new and have it spark something inside to go on a Wrestle Quest to find more material outside of what's WWE/TNA. I wouldn't want to lose that.

At the same time, I'm not a happy guy when those posts are drowned out - but that's the nature of the beast.

Sunflower's being a big jerk today. First he doesn't invite me into the Gentlemen's Wrestling Thread and then he reminded me that Katie-Lea Burchill/Winter was a thing and that she still hasn't responded to that marriage proposal I sent her :(

jred2k

This thread, in its current form, has exposed me to Wrestle Kingdom and SWERVES. If that doesn't support it staying the same Bah Gawd I don't know what does.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, didn't even make it halfway to one page.

This thread, in its current form, has exposed me to Wrestle Kingdom and SWERVES. If that doesn't support it staying the same Bah Gawd I don't know what does.

Good points...

Sunflower's being a big jerk today. First he doesn't invite me into the Gentlemen's Wrestling Thread and then he reminded me that Katie-Lea Burchill/Winter was a thing and that she still hasn't responded to that marriage proposal I sent her :(

I...there is no Gentlemen's Grapples! That was a swerve too!

Sometimes I think Kane fans are not really fans, but just trolling the internet.

What are you a fan of?
His ability?
His great mic skills?

what?
I have mad respect for the guy. He's very versatile. No matter what he's doing he makes wrestling fun. I'm not saying he's the greatest wrestler or the best on the mic, but I usually enjoy whatever he's involved in.
Orton really isn't an egomaniac though. He has no issues with jobbing and he seems like a great guy behind the scenes. Creative just have a hard on for him.
I was gonna say the same thing. I even remember reading an interview with Orton where he was talking about how important it is for top faces to lose cleanly. One of the reasons I do kind of respect Orton. I used to like him quite a bit, but now he just seems SOOOOOO fucking lazy in the ring. Completely uninspired. What happened to the Orton that put on that awesome match with Taker at WM and his match with Foley. Man Orton used to have some good matches and I really enjoyed him as a heel. His mic work has always sucked (but it was kinda funny because of how shitty it was) but he did seem really menacing and he gave me that same Stone Cold feeling about wondering if he was about to RKO someone randomly. I loved when he did it to Stacy Keibler. I laughed for a good 10 minutes. I like how she's taken a stunner and an RKO for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. So what did we learn? Don't diss Stone Cold's beer asshole....and don't uhhhh...don't be Randy Orton's gf??

Looks like the guy in the crowd is having some kind of weird jerk off session. Which I probably would too....

Well you guys are going to love when I recap XPW!

Oh no.

And to answer Sunflower's question, I feel like the thread has gotten a lot better over the past year and that in its current form, it is just fine.

PWG!

tumblr_mglmtvyHgO1qhjbxeo2_250.gif

Where is Chris Bosh? What happened to him?

Also was there an iPPV that I missed of PWG? How is a gif of this possible when the show isn't out yet?

Well you guys are going to love when I recap XPW!

Oh man, why would you do this to yourself? Lol, XPW was so ridiculous - all I remember is fast forwarding through endless Shane Douglas promos, Vic Grimes getting thrown off the scaffold by New Jack and some incredibly dumb and reckless matches between Supreme, Angel and Altar Boy Luke.

FallingEdge said:
Where is Chris Bosh? What happened to him?

He retired. I love that Chris Bosh, Scott Lost & Joey Ryan all had their last PWG matches against Scorpio Sky, and that Sky
used each guys finisher to help put them away
. It's like he's gaining their powers, lol.

FallingEdge said:
Also was there an iPPV that I missed of PWG? How is a gif of this possible when the show isn't out yet?

Mystery Vortex has been shipping since the 10th I think, so quite a few people have theirs already. Still waiting for mine, but PWG seem to take about 2 weeks to send over to the UK.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
and some incredibly dumb and reckless matches between Supreme, Angel and Altar Boy Luke.

Isn't that really one of the reasons why you watched? I mean...that's like THE reason no?

Top Bottom