• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

mrboo001

Banned
This thread, in its current form, has exposed me to Wrestle Kingdom and SWERVES. If that doesn't support it staying the same Bah Gawd I don't know what does.

Amen. Before this thread I only really knew about WWE, now I'm starting to watch a few indy feds.

Kaladin

Amen. Before this thread I only really knew about WWE, now I'm starting to watch a few indy feds.

It's working.

rui93UF.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so that was a pretty good setup for the Neutralizer by Cesaro there.

I hope WWE doesn't screw this guy up.

DXPett1

Aww shit, Brodus just cut a backstage promo better than 3/4 of the roster...

(Yes I'm watching RAW replay)

Edit: Weirdly even though its against Clay, Punk has me pumped for this match. Truly a draw card

Kyoufu

Aww shit, Brodus just cut a backstage promo better than 3/4 of the roster...

(Yes I'm watching RAW replay)

Edit: Weirdly even though its against Clay, Punk has me pumped for this match. Truly a draw card

I heard CM Punk chants during the match. It's been a while.

strobogo

Banned
I just watched the wedding. I loled at the whole thing. From the overly talkative minister, to the randomness of a wedding with Hulk Hogan, Spike Dudley, and Tommy Dreamer, to the idea of TNA running the A8 angle for 8 months with no development at all yet blowing through this wedding angle in a month, to Taz looking like Odd Job, to Taz's amazing turn, to Brooke's boobs falling out and I'm pretty sure she told Hulk that her boobs fell out, to Brooke checking on the wrong guy, to Hulk's bizarre hair. It was amazing. I actually did like Taz's reveal where half the crowd could see the vest and flipped out.

But man, TNA gonna TNA. I wish Kanyon was still alive for that. RIP Champag Ne.

jred2k

I loved how the minister called him Mark and made sure to say that it was a legal marriage. Contrast that to 2 minutes later when a bunch of men with socks on their heads run to the ring with a rubber hammer.

jred2k

The camera work during that segment is fucking terrible, too. I didn't even notice Sting was out there until I saw him lying on the ground at the end. The shot of Hogan down without the bandanna on is gold.

krae_man

Does anybody here pay attention to Arda Ocal? Or does anybody outside Canada know of him, for that matter?

He does some pretty good interviews and posts some fairly interesting content from time-to-time.

Here's some stats from WWE for 2012. He also just put up a 40 minute interview with Goldust today that I haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Shit, even quoting the image makes it pretty big, hope you didn't mind scrolling!

Those dots for the "where Televised events were" are weird. It looks like there was a Smackdown taping in Timmins.

somedevil

Impact Spoilers for next thursday. They did it today because they are going to England to shoot 4 weeks of shows:

Impact Wrestling (Airing Thursday, January 24, 2013 on Spike TV):

* In a Knockout’s Title Match, Tara w/Jesse defeated Velvet Sly via Tara pinning Velvet and Jesse holding Velvet’s feet down so she couldn’t kick out. Velvet at one point hit her finisher and had the match won if not for a distraction from Jesse.

* Joseph Park came out for a promo. He said how hd has learned that his place is not behind a desk but as an active member of the Impact roster. He said he is looking for that win, or “W” as the boys call it and mentioned that next week in the UK was Open Fight Night and mentioned how he is excited to have his televised debut as a trained wrestler. He mentions how next week he promises to get that W. He doesn’t know who he will call out yet but he is going to study tapes/take notes and keep “Kay fab” about it before saying that next week the UK, the US, and the whole world will see what he can do.

* Zema Ion & Kenny King defeated Christian York & Rob Van Dam. I can’t remember who took the fall but King worked him over and Ion made a blind tag and stole the fall. The two got into words about it after.

* Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan came out and looked for Taz who was not at the announce table with Mike Tenay and Todd Keneley. They then went to the ring and Ray said he expected a move like this from Devon but not Taz. He mentioned how the thing that made Ray the most angry was how this hurt everyone around him from Sting to Hulk to Brooke. He threatened to take out each member of Aces & Eights one by one but said he cannot do that while he is suspended. He said he knows Hulk Hogan is not in the building but he knows he is watching at home and implored Hogan to lift the suspension. Sting’s music hit and he defended Ray and told Hulk to “let his new son-in-law” get back into things and said how we will get the answer next week in the UK.

* Bobby Roode beat Hernandez via bulldog. As the match progressed and Hernandez was going for his trademark dive to the outside, Austin Aries came out and moved Roode out of the way. Chavo Guerrero and Aries got into a brawl and the ref was distracted allowing Roode to hit a bulldog and win. After, Aries was trying to tell Ray “we did it” but Roode was saying it was all him. Aries celebrated anyway.

* Kurt Angle came out and said that Aces & Eights are in it for the long haul and he wants payback. He mentions Open Fight Night is next week and calls out Mr. Anderson for it as well as calling him to the ring to say something to him personally. Anderson came out (notably to his own music despite wearing in A&8′s cut). Anderson mocked Angle for a bit before saying he wanted to do things right now. He attacked Angle but Angle made a comeback and nearly out him in an Ankle Lock but Anderson bailed. Angle then said that next week the two will face in a Steel Cage Match.

* For the TNA World Title, Jeff Hardy retained over Christopher Daniels w/Kazarian. Very good match. Kazarian attempted to get involved before Hardy shoved Daniels into him, hit the Twist of Fate and a Swanton for the defense.

* After, Taz came down from the announce table and chastised Hardy a bit. Couldn’t quite hear him due to people around me but I am pretty certain he was mentioning how Hardy may have a target on his back and an Aces & Eights member came in the ring and hit Hardy in the back of a leg with a hammer, requiring Hardy to need help to the back from referees.

Well this means for four weeks there will be no
tna champion at the show because Hardy can't go. It would of been nice if they gave Daniels at least month title reign.

Sabucin

Guys, I was watching some highlights of the PPV's from the Invasion era, and I realize that the Kronik just appeared in a few matches. What's happened with them? Their running in the WWE was very short and I do not know why.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Guy, I was watching some highlights of the PPV's from the Invasion era, and I realize that the Kronik just appeared in a few matches. What's happened with them? Their running in the WWE was very short and I do not know why.
They came in because Brian Adams is friends with Taker, and Taker got them the opportunity.

They proceeded to have one of the worst worked matches ever with Taker & Kane, and were soon after let go.

I just have respect for him because he has given everything for this business. He is a great worker and he never has problems in make the job to someone.
Guys like Jericho or Kane, could be in their top of their careers, but they always think in make this business better.
I really hate those ego-maniacs like Hogan, HHH, Orton, etc... that they always wants to win all the matches and being the damn hero.
Plus, his mic skills are very well actually; his heel, psychopath, face or comedy gimmicks are great and credible. Just my opinion indeed.

holy shit are you me?

This is exactly how I feel and part of the reason why Jericho and Kane are #1 and 2 on my all time fave-five.

strobogo

Banned
They came in because Brian Adams is friends with Taker, and Taker got them the opportunity.

They proceeded to have one of the worst worked matches ever with Taker & Kane, and were soon after let go.

That and after such a shitty match, Wrath refused to go to developmental so he was fired. Crush did go to HWA, but was fire shortly after anyway. I don't know why they were brought back anyway. Obviously Vince didn't want them since he had no issues getting rid of them in the first place. Especially bringing them in so late into the Invasion angle. And obviously they should have been put up against the APA, not Brothers of Destruction.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
holy shit are you me?

This is exactly how I feel and part of the reason why Jericho and Kane are #1 and 2 on my all time fave-five.
You're a good man. It's also no coincidence that Jericho and Kane are close friends, and Jericho writes glowingly of him in his second book.

You're all a bunch of phonies, the only Kane mark here is SoulPlaya.
Face it, Ply. It's Kane's thread now.

Top Bottom