• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
An arrest warrant has been issued for Bobby Eaton after he failed to appear in court on ten-year-old charges of DUI. The warrant was issued in Hollywood, Alabama and is part of a movement by the county to get caught up on their old warrants and show that eventually those who do not show up for court will be caught.

O_O

ug00d929.gif

strobogo

Banned

You son of a bitch. You know I meant on the show. You bath turd.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Bobby Eaton after he failed to appear in court on ten-year-old charges of DUI. The warrant was issued in Hollywood, Alabama and is part of a movement by the county to get caught up on their old warrants and show that eventually those who do not show up for court will be caught.

This makes me really sad.

Omega

Banned
I'm watching a 30 minute Iron Man match between Rollins and Ambrose on FCW back in 2011.

When did Sheamus start doing White Noise? I haven't paid much attention to him but I know he used to have the Razors Edge (i forget what they called it for him), then the brogue kick, and now he does White Noise. It's exactly the same as Ambrose's Midnight Special. They also do the cloverleaf the same exact way.

Did they just rip these moves from Ambrose and give them to Sheamus?

I'm watching a 30 minute Iron Man match between Rollins and Ambrose on FCW back in 2011.

When did Sheamus start doing White Noise? I haven't paid much attention to him but I know he used to have the Razors Edge (i forget what they called it for him), then the brogue kick, and now he does White Noise. It's exactly the same as Ambrose's Midnight Special. They also do the cloverleaf the same exact way.

Might as well give those moves to a wrestler that gets screen time.

Not as bad as when they took the Thesz press from Lou Thesz in developmental and gave it to Stone Cold.

knee

Yeah, Sheamus was doing the Celtic Cross / Razor's Edge.

Otunga actually had the 'White Noise' before they gave it to Sheamus.

strobogo

Banned
wcw2000.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 7/26/2000

TO THE BACK. Cat is on the phone with his mom in his limo. He's going to book Muta and Vampiro against Kronik tonight. The Dragons attack. Yang gets crazy and tries to hit Cat with a sledgehammer, which breaks the limo window. SMOOVE wants a match with the lizards.

The Filthy Animals come out with a step ladder. The all do WAAZZZUUPPPP. Oh, 2000. They're making fun of Evan for breaking his ankle falling off the ladder two weeks ago on Nitro. Tank and Evan come out. Tank challenges them to a dance contest. Shane and Shannon attack the Animals from behind during this! SWERVE!

3 Count vs Filthy Animals

The Dragons come out and lay 3 Count out. Shane hits a straight jacket German on Juvi. I can't give a shit about this. I hate the Filthy Animals. Juvi wins with the 450. Fuck them.

TO THE BACK.
A battered Booker has arrived. What the fuck. Nitro girls? On Thunder?

Booker T comes to the ring. He feels like he's been to hell and back. Seriously, Book pinned Goldberg completely clean. Is he the only guy to do that? Jeff comes out and says he's going to get his title back at NBR. He wants a piece of Booker's ass tonight! I think Jeff Jarrett's gimmick was an obliviously gay guy who was so deep in the closet he didn't even know it. Jeff wants a lights out bunkhouse brawl tonight. It's on right now! Security breaks it up.

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-19h40m53s101_zpsc1caa7ec.png

TO THE BACK.
Jeff and Book are still being held apart in the back. Cat will not allow them to fight before the PPV. Except for tonight. Gene is with Stacy and David. Stacy will give everyone what they want to see at the PPV. But tonight, she's going to challenge Barbie to an arm wrestling match with MIA banned from ringside.

The Artist vs Skip Over

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-19h46m56s150_zps503024fa.png

What a terrible wrestling name. Skip Over? Skip baseball slides a chair into Prince's face. Kiwi comes to the top of the ramp and Paisley follows after him. Skip wins with a botched Play of the Day/Over Drive.

TO THE BACK.
Gene is with MIA. The tits are bombs, not guns. Mama Bagwell and Buff arrive. They're arguing. She drags Buff by the ear to Cat's office.

M.I. SMOOTH vs The Jung Dragons.

Ice Train wins with the Bubba Bomb on Jaime.

TO THE BACK
. Kanyon arrives with a big bruise on his face, maybe from Judy Bagwell. The Bagwells come into Cat's office. Judy demands a match with Kanyon because she's good and ratings are bad. She is a former tag team champion. She's much more of a bad as than Buff.

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-19h55m52s132_zps27c8d3ce.png

Ms. Hancock vs Major Gunns Arm Wrestling Match.

David is the ref. Stacy tries to leave and David forces her to fight. Stacy wins! There may have been shenanigans. David holds Gunns and Stacy sprays her in the face with something and rips her shirt. The Wall appears dress in camo and chokeslams David. I'm pretty sure he was wearing a System of a Down shirt. Had they even broken through in 2000?

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-19h58m16s41_zpsb26c837b.png

TO THE BACK
. Gene is with Kanyon. "Bags get thrown in trunks all the time." Kanyon agreed to the match against Judy, but Buff is banned from ringside. MIA meeting. I guess Wall replaced Van Hammer. Vamp and Muta were attacking Kronik. Booker and Jeff were preparing for the brawl.

Vampiro/The Great Muta vs Jindrak/O'Haire

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-20h05m01s248_zps6ff289a2.png

No ICP, so at least there is that. Vamp calls anyone out. O'Haire is pretty fucking impressive. Jindrak is just about as athletic, but less flashy about it. Muta makes Jindrak tap out to a heel hook. Demon comes out. He attacks the NBT and throws them back in the ring. Kronik come out and a brawl ensues.

TO THE BACK. Kanyon and Judy Bagwell head to the ring. Vito wants a rematch with Lonce.

Kanyon vs Judy Bagwell

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-20h14m09s94_zps96726497.png

Judy even gets Buff's pyro. "If Buff's the stuff, do you think mom's the bomb?" Fuck you, Tenay. Kanyon gives her a chance to back out. She kicks him in the dick. He shoves her down. Buff comes out. Kanyon won't Kanyon Cut her if Buff gives him a match with Judy on the line. Buff agrees and Kanyon does it anyway. But since it's TBS, we didn't get to see it. We got to see Buff's reaction to it. Fuck you, TBS.

TO THE BACK. Shane and Torrie have arrived. I guess they have a tape to embarass Kidman with. But Kidman was standing around tossing a tape and laughing. Kanyon bolts. A security guard stops him, so he gets out of his car and Kanyon Cuts him. BANG! Booker is getting ready.

ripddk-o.gif

Shane Douglas and Torrie come to the ring. Where did Shane get his ugly ass shirts? And why were they so fucking long? Shane and Torrie made their own tape! What we see is Shane apparently not able to get it up.

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-20h27m27s143_zpsc532607d.png

TO THE BACK. Lance says that Vito needs to earn his match. In a Canadian Rules match. Which is a straight wrestling match. Shane and Torrie argue. Shane leaves. Kidman shows up with the tape. Kidman is a fucking creep. Because Torrie didn't take her keys back, he thought it was cool to enter her home and raid her video collection. Dude needs to fucking get over it. She dumped him because of his little peter. Fucking weirdo.

Lance Storm vs Big Vito Canadian Rules

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-20h31m38s90_zps93c5bee3.png

Vito attacks during the anthem. There is a ref bump and Lance brains Vito with a chair. You cheating son of a bitch. Vito kicked out. Match went on for a few minutes until Lance locked in the rolling crab. It was like the AKI games where he yanked back really hard for the tap out. Mike Awesome runs out and disposes of Lonce.

TO THE BACK. Jeff is preparing his weapons.

TO THE INTERVIEW. Let's see if Goldberg can out KAYFAB break Nash. Bill says he does what he does for the fans, but Hall does it for himself. Hall is a jerk in and out of the ring. "The last couple months you've come out and played the heel in World Championship Wrestling. Is that a role you're comfortable with?" Bill isn't comfortable with it. "Unfortunately, somebody thought it'd be a good idea to turn me heel. That it would bump the ratings, get everybody's interest back, but whether it was a good idea or not, I don't feel at one with it." Wat. Being a heel makes him very uneasy and somber. "The last thing that I wanted to do was be a pro wrestler." As a wrestler, he can make a difference in a way he never could as a football player. "Kevin's right. I don't love this sport." "Kevin paid his dues for 15 years and he's never going to make it to the spot I made it to in 3. So kiss my ass Kev, sorry." "Two weeks after you put your own ass on the booking committee, you're the only guy that's beat me. Go figure. Pretty smart guy, aren't you?" WAT. They're talking about drawing money and drawing fans and popping ratings. Nash wants to put himself back on the booking committee. "You talk about how well it's a work and I don't care what the bookers say..." WAT. I think he outdid Nash.

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-20h44m09s85_zps77d5f75d.png

Cat comes out to explain the lights out rules. They went all the way with it. They even played the ending credits. Nice touch.

Booker T vs Jeff Jarrett Lights Out Bunkhouse Bunk

Jeff comes out in Dustin Rhodes' gear. The announcers talk about how Goldberg and Nash aren't going to follow what the bookers lay out for them. What the fuckkkkkk. So dumb. They brawl in to the crowd right away. Cat is pumped that he's getting ratings without having to pay these guys. Sting vs Booker will happen on Nitro! I don't give a shit about this because I'm sick of Booker and Jarrett together. Well, mostly just sick of Double J, I think. Jeff hit Book in the knee with the guitar in the middle of a Harlem side kick. Jeff has the figure four on with Booker tied around the ropes and hanging off the apron. Billy Silverman stops the match.

vlcsnap-2013-01-19-20h59m32s186_zpsc31fa256.png

zychi

Banned
anyone else notice that rock was reading his lyrics off paper on raw? dude STILL cant do a promo without writing most of it down

Cagey

Banned
WrassleGAF, so how does Wrestlemania Axxess work?

My sole goal if I attend is to get a law school thermos signed by David Otunga because he likes what I like, he's just much much much better at everything. Is that sort of thing possible, assuming he's there? Is it that kinda event?

WrassleGAF, so how does Wrestlemania Axxess work?

My sole goal if I attend is to get a law school thermos signed by David Otunga because he likes what I like, he's just much much much better at everything. Is that sort of thing possible, assuming he's there? Is it that kinda event?

my impression is that its a fan aevent with autograhs signings and pcitures and ther stuff. so yea its what you are looking for.

Yep, best thing on the last Smackdown.

Cesaro is fuckin sick.

Cesaro is the most versatile wrestler they have right now. When he's fighting guys his size you get a solid back and forth technical match, when he's fighting smaller dudes he's always in the right place to throw them around and make everyone look awesome, then when he's fighting giants he flies around and then pulls off massive feats of strength.

People who aren't aboard the Cesaro hype train baffle me.

Sidenote - Blue kitty mask is now retired forever, viva Generico

Top Bottom