• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Mr. Sam

I agree with your booking ideas, to a degree, but the character you've created is entirely based on conjecture. The top draw of the company not losing is not anything unusual, nor is it unique to Cena.

And for the record, you didn't specify your accusations were limited to the world of wrestling. In fact, what you said was:

Lets face it, you can tell by the way he smirks he's just pretending to be the ultimate nice guy.

You pulled a bait and switch and are now pretending I was the one who went beyond, I don't know, locker room politics or whatever. Suddenly you were just talking about John Cena, wrestler and backstage politician. My assertion that Cena granting the wishes of dying children does in fact make him a pretty nice guy is much stronger than yours - that he's not a nice guy because he refuses to lose wrestling matches (which is based on nothing but what you've imagined).

McNei1y

eUYla.png

Aiii

So not worth it
You pulled a bait and switch and are now pretending I was the one who went beyond, I don't know, locker room politics or whatever. Suddenly you were just talking about John Cena, wrestler and backstage politician. My assertion that Cena granting the wishes of dying children does in fact make him a pretty nice guy is much stronger than yours - that he's not a nice guy because he refuses to lose wrestling matches (which is based on nothing but what you've imagined).

I disagree, "ultimate nice guy" and "evil monster" are worlds apart, and I haven't said he was a monster, that was all you. I merely stated that through his expression and maneurisms you can tell he's not really that guy and that that's why his smirk comes of like that of a douchebag.

And I'll give you that I've stated that his douchebaggery is probably more like his real persona than his gimmick. I stand by that based on what I've seen from the guy as far as... Well, see above, no need to go on repeat here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I disagree, "ultimate nice guy" and "evil monster" are worlds apart, and I haven't said he was a monster, that was all you. I merely stated that through his expression and maneurisms you can tell he's not really that guy and that that's why his smirk comes of like that of a douchebag.

And I'll give you that I've stated that his douchebaggery is probably more like his real persona than his gimmick. I stand by that based on what I've seen from the guy as far as... Well, see above, no need to go on repeat here.

Why you hatin' Cena?! He helps kids. Adults can pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why you hatin' Cena?! He helps kids. Adults can pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

He's buried mah boy Ziggler right there for two weeks straight. Which makes my CTL (Cena Tolerance Level™) about a 1 on a scale of 10 at this moment.

But real talk: Can any of you ever imagine Cena in a "passing the torch" moment in like five or even ten years from now? Because the way the past ten years have gone, I don't see that ever happening.

---
Okay, this is great fanart:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's buried mah boy Ziggler right there for two weeks straight. Which makes my CTL (Cena Tolerance Level™) about a 1 on a scale of 10 at this moment.

Thing is, I just don't give a rat's dick on the grander scale of who he's helping out at his job - it's like, okay, I hate my coworker because he gets paid more than me and gets all the breaks, but then outside of the office he's doing charity work. I can't hate a dude like that.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
But real talk: Can any of you ever imagine Cena in a "passing the torch" moment in like five or even ten years from now? Because the way the past ten years have gone, I don't see that ever happening.
The Rock is only just going to pass the torch to Cena in April so we've got a few years left yet...

Aiii

So not worth it
Thing is, I just don't give a rat's dick on the grander scale of who he's helping out at his job - it's like, okay, I hate my coworker because he gets paid more than me and gets all the breaks, but then outside of the office he's doing charity work. I can't hate a dude like that.

So the smirking Cena we see on TV, he does not annoy you or strike you as fake?

No amount of charity work as John Cena the friend of children can ever make me buy into John Cena the smirking boy wonder TV persona.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So the smirking Cena we see on TV, he does not annoy you or strike you as fake?

No amount of charity work as John Cena the friend of children can ever make me buy into John Cena the smirking boy wonder TV persona.

Sure, he annoys me and feels fake, but I give that basically zero weight on how I judge him. Not interested in his wrestling most of the time, his promos are shit, etc etc. But who cares?

Pavaloo

Lesnar was the perfect mix of size, strength, speed, and athleticism. As far as a physical wrestling specimen, you couldn't really ask for much more. Big E can lift heavy stuff.......great. Mark Henry set world records and it still took him well over a decade to be anything worth a crap because he was very one dimensional. Powerlifting isn't a great base to be a good professional wrestler, amateur wrestling is.

I just think being a powerlifting champion elevates someone to "pique physical specimen." In the end it is "lifting heavy stuff" sure, but there's something to be said for it. As far as he is for wrestling, I'll wait and see I guess. I've only caught one or two of his matches and even then they were squashes.

You know who's fucking AWESOME? Mr. Touchdown;

ipf5T1g1nAkF8.gif

Really cool main event match between Touchdown & Fire Ant at the last Wrestling is Fun! show, and a really fun show all-round. Well worth the $4.99; http://smartmarkvideo.com/wrestling...12-feliz-banavidad-allentown-pa-download.html

What's even better? This clown is a student of THE DUDLEY BOYS in Florida. He was one of the guys in Aces & 8's. I talked to the promoter last night when I saw details of this emerging on my Facebook. He said Devon was informed immediately and was fucking PISSED. I can only imagine Bubba's reaction.

I've always got the impression that Bubba & Devon are the type of guys who have that sort of old-school outlook about how guys should behave and show respect, etc, so I can't image they were best pleased. What a moron, certainly didn't do himself any favours.

Sure, he annoys me and feels fake, but I give that basically zero weight on how I judge him. Not interested in his wrestling most of the time, his promos are shit, etc etc. But who cares?

WrassleGAF. We can't stop talking about him, seemingly. Personally, I'm just too tired of Cena to give a shit any more.

ibiLlmXg27tUI7.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Also, I think Soul's occasional side gimmick of "she sucked him off" is more unsettling and weird than his obsessed Kane fan gimmick. I can never tell how much of that one is just joking around. Even if it is, it is the kind of joking around that makes people uncomfortably shoot looks at each other and hope someone changes the subject.
Oh, come on now, I have to give up that too?!?! And I'm not trying to be weird, I'm trying to indirectly make a point that the WWE is a sexist environment that only knows how to portray women as whores, and that usually, the top women there are the ones sleeping around.

BTW, for someone who sits around recapping old WCW 2000 shows (and I've defended you on that repeatedly), you do an awful lot of judging others on what's "weird or not". Let me tell you something, the next chance you get to go outside and be around normal people (if you ever do get that chance), do two things. Make a random blowjob joke, and then constantly start recapping WCW 2000 shows, and see which one gets the weirder looks.

Wrestle mania axxeces VIP schedule

VIP SUPERSTAR SCHEDULE
Thursday, April 4
6-7:30 p.m. — CM PUNK
7:30-9 p.m. — RIC FLAIR

Friday, April 5
6-7:30 p.m. — THE UNDERTAKER
7:30-9 p.m. — JOHN CENA

Saturday, April 6
Session 1
9-10:30 a.m. — KANE

Session 2
1-2:30 p.m. — TRIPLE H
2:30-4 p.m. — RANDY ORTON

Session 3
6-7:30 p.m. — SHEAMUS

Sunday, April 7
Session 1
8-9:30 a.m. — THE BIG SHOW
9:30-11 a.m. — REY MYSTERIO

Session 2
12:30-2 p.m. — SHAWN MICHAELS
2:30-4 p.m. — Bret Hart

Striker

Someone please tell me how this untalented, not over fuck continues to get a push. He sucked Vince's dick, right? He must have sucked his dick.
Media friendly. You can look at all the promotion and events he had with Cory Ledesma for the WWE games.

But yeah, he stinks. In both aspects.

This was not what I had in fucking mind when Ric Flair came back.

Jesus, Miz even ruined a Flair segment, what does that tell you about what a no talent ass he is?

Jesus, why can creative even do what is handed to them on a silver platter?

MIZ really?
Really!

Oh, come on now, I have to give up that too?!?! And I'm not trying to be weird, I'm trying to indirectly make a point that the WWE is a sexist environment that only knows how to portray women as whores, and that usually, the top women there are the ones sleeping around.

"I am upset over the WWE portraying women as whores, especially those slutty bitches who suck their way to the top"
-Soulplaya

But really.. has there been a women wrestler who got a note-wordy push in the last 10 years who wasnt sleeping with the champ, a main eventer or a booker?

Beth Phoenix, Lita, Trish, Mickie James, Kelly Kelly Candice Michelle and thats just off the top of my head.

I just feel sorry for the ones who get a push while they are in a relationship then when that relationship is over they get squashed and dropped.

The Mickie James stuff was shameful and Beth's rise while going out with Punk and immediate burial when they broke up lined up just a little too perfectly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But really.. has there been a women wrestler who got a note-wordy push in the last 10 years who wasnt sleeping with the champ, a main eventer or a booker?

Beth Phoenix, Lita, Trish, Mickie James, Kelly Kelly Candice Michelle....

I think a lot of the problem is that people assume that is the reason, when sometimes things just happen in the workplace.

It's best to assume everyone made it on their own merit. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt, regardless of what you hear.

Enfinit

"I am upset over the WWE portraying women as whores, especially those slutty bitches who suck their way to the top"
-Soulplaya

He does have a point. With the exception of Beth Phoenix, Kharma, and Kaitlyn, the recent crop of Divas are slightly portrayed as a sluttly stereotype.

Look at the top two Divas in the company: we have the former WWE Divas Champion Eve, who slept around with Ryder and Cena and became notoriously a "hoeski", then you have AJ, who's been with Kane, Bryan, Cena, Ziggler, and probably Langston in the last six months.

Granted, not every Diva is portrayed as a slut (i.e. Kaitlyn or farty Natalya), however there is an argument to be made that the most popular Divas are popular because of their sluttiness.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
-Soulplaya
It's the truth. Now, clearly I'm joking with the AJ stuff, but the women at the top there usually are the ones sleeping around. I mean come on now, we had reports that the only reason Rosa Mendez even still has a job is because she sucked off Hayes.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He does have a point. With the exception of Beth Phoenix, Kharma, and Kaitlyn, the recent crop of Divas are slightly portrayed as a sluttly stereotype.

Look at the top two Divas in the company: we have the former WWE Divas Champion Eve, who slept around with Ryder and Cena and became notoriously a "hoeski", then you have AJ, who's been with Kane, Bryan, Cena, Ziggler, and probably Langston in the last six months.

Granted, not every Diva is portrayed as a slut (i.e. Kaitlyn or farty Natalya), however there is an argument to be made that the most popular Divas are popular because of their sluttiness.
Natalya has had her fair share of "slutty" storylines. Isn't her gimmick now some weird infatuation with Khali?

Let's not forget that the Bellas were big before Eve, and their gimmick was fighting over ADR.

Striker

Bellas were flaunting over any guest host celeb. They were basically models from The Price is Right.

Aside from the Khali thing, I don't remember any other lust/love angle with Natalya. Even so, while it isn't as bad as the fart thing, a slut angle is still better than what she's been put with in recent years.

Beth Phoenix, Lita, Trish, Mickie James, Kelly Kelly Candice Michelle and thats just off the top of my head.

I just feel sorry for the ones who get a push while they are in a relationship then when that relationship is over they get squashed and dropped.

The Mickie James stuff was shameful and Beth's rise while going out with Punk and immediate burial when they broke up lined up just a little too perfectly.

Thing is you don't know the personal relationships, the politics, the ideals, all of the hundreds of factors that go into who gets what spot on the card. We can speculate, as we always do that someone gets pushed or jobbed for rubbing someone the wrong way or forgetting to shake someone's hand, whatever.

But then with women it's always "well she must be sucking or not sucking the specific dick" to get a push and the fact is there are only a select few people who know for sure and they're not speaking. But always jumping to the same conclusion, even under the guise of "oh they should be treating the women better", just perpetuates the same stupid assumptions.

And really ultimately, it's none of our fucking business.

It's the truth. Now, clearly I'm joking with the AJ stuff, but the women at the top there usually are the ones sleeping around. I mean come on now, we had reports that the only reason Rosa Mendez even still has a job is because she sucked off Hayes.

Oh sorry, I had forgotten about the infallibility of the dirt sheets

Jamie OD

Off to see a TNA house show from their European tour later tonight. Jeff Hardy has been advertised for months even though his legal problems prevent him from travelling, so TNA only just announced this week that he's been replaced by Sting. Funnily enough one of the reasons I decided to buy my ticket today is because Sting's on the show. Despite that, THA house shows are always great so I'm going to have a fun night no matter who shows up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Off to see a TNA house show from their European tour later tonight. Jeff Hardy has been advertised for months even though his legal problems prevent him from travelling, so TNA only just announced this week that he's been replaced by Sting. Funnily enough one of the reasons I decided to buy my ticket today is because Sting's on the show. Despite that, THA house shows are always great so I'm going to have a fun night no matter who shows up.

TNA puts a lot of effort into their house shows, you'll have a ball, no doubt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No GWF tonight - would like to do it another night this week if I can.

Why did Beth and Punk break up?
I remember Beth texting some people are just stupid. And that was it.

Punk went back to banging Lita.

I remember this unfolded at a Raw in Atlanta in Fall 2011 (where Lita lives). After that show, people made a big stink about Beth unfollowing Punk and Lita on Twitter.

Top Bottom