• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Punk went back to banging Lita.

I remember this unfolded at a Raw in Atlanta in Fall 2011 (where Lita lives). After that show, people made a big stink about Beth unfollowing Punk and Lita on Twitter.

Thank you for that explanation. Its better than the "Who Cares" or "People break up everyday" shit.

somedevil

When was the last time he showed up?

He was at Mania last year and before that? Tough enough?

I say keep him off TV until they have a plan for him other then "enter, stunner, leave"

When they announced the tough enough winner. Also, Austin will come back if he wants to take the match with CM Punk next Wrestlemania.

Enfinit

To be fair, this is a company that has had people kiss bare ass on TV to "save" their jobs.

1358657061033.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Thing is you don't know the personal relationships, the politics, the ideals, all of the hundreds of factors that go into who gets what spot on the card. We can speculate, as we always do that someone gets pushed or jobbed for rubbing someone the wrong way or forgetting to shake someone's hand, whatever.

But then with women it's always "well she must be sucking or not sucking the specific dick" to get a push and the fact is there are only a select few people who know for sure and they're not speaking. But always jumping to the same conclusion, even under the guise of "oh they should be treating the women better", just perpetuates the same stupid assumptions.

And really ultimately, it's none of our fucking business.

Oh sorry, I had forgotten about the infallibility of the dirt sheets
Dude, please. Get your faux outrage out of here. Where were you when people were making Rosa Mendez jokes with that gif every other post?

It's just the truth. The top women all get thrown in slut storylines at one point or another, and maybe it's a coincidence, but the top women usually are the ones sleeping around.

I can't believe this discussion started over some silly jokes. What is wrong with this community? How many more posters are you guys planning on running off? I mean, you guys realize that this is pro wrestling, right? Some of you are acting like Brandon Stroud here, trying to clean up the gutter. I mean, seriously, where are you and Bogo when people in this thread are posting gifs, pics, and having damn near orgasmic experiences. You can't have a divas match without people in this thread going "woah, look at that ass". Where your white knighting ass then?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, please. Get your faux outrage out of here. Where were you when people were making Rosa Mendez jokes with that gif every other post?

It's just the truth. The top women all get thrown in slut storylines at one point or another, and maybe it's a coincidence, but the top women usually are the ones sleeping around.

I can't believe this discussion started over some silly jokes. What is wrong with this community? How many more posters are you guys planning on running off? I mean, you guys realize that this is pro wrestling, right? Some of you are acting like Brandon Stroud here, trying to clean up the gutter.

The point is even though "this is what we watch" I don't think we should be content to add to that same bullshit. I understand it's just a joke, that we're watching a carny product, I know - but that doesn't mean we all have to cheer when someone threatens a woman with stripping her in the ring.

I don't mean any negativity towards any posters in here, but I think we can do better than be a part of all that.

Man, WWE in 1999 must have been a hard sell...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The point is even though "this is what we watch" I don't think we should be content to add to that same bullshit. I understand it's just a joke, that we're watching a carny product, I know - but that doesn't mean we all have to cheer when someone threatens a woman with stripping her in the ring.

I don't mean any negativity towards any posters in here, but I think we can do better than be a part of all that.

Man, WWE in 1999 must have been a hard sell...
My point is specific here. What's the difference between what I'm saying, which is clearly a joke, and the countless diva pics/gifs/etc. We just had people go nuts over AJ showing her bra, acting like some orgasmic pimple faced teens. Like I said, every divas match is nothing but people going nuts over tits and ass (which I don't do). They're clearly viewed in this thread as nothing more than sex objects. Where's Bogo and Persp then?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My point is specific here. What's the difference between what I'm saying, which is clearly a joke, and the countless diva pics/gifs/etc. We just had people go nuts over AJ showing her bra, acting like some orgasmic pimple faced teens. Like I said, every divas match is nothing but people going nuts over tits and ass (which I don't do). They're clearly viewed in this thread as nothing more than sex objects. Where's Bogo and Persp then?

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and ignore it. God knows I do. That shit got weird.

My point is specific here. What's the difference between what I'm saying, which is clearly a joke, and the countless diva pics/gifs/etc. We just had people go nuts over AJ showing her bra. Like I said, every divas match is nothing but people going nuts over tits and ass (which I don't do). They're clearly viewed in this thread as nothing more than sex objects. Where's Bogo and Persp then?

ogling the diva pics of course.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still it's one thing to make a joke, or to look at someone pleasing to the eye - I think the main issue would be people being quick to toss out one of the most derogatory things they can that basically attacks someone based on their gender (and nothing else, at least KK could be attacked for not running the ropes right) - I just think we're better than that.

Honestly, I feel if we just dropped the issue and stopped being weenies about things we can celebrate the common ground we share.

So I'm bowing out of this discussion from here, I hope I was clear in explaining how I feel about it. I hate to discount someone because "she must be suckin someone's dick" - in any medium, in any walk of life, I don't want to be that dude. But it doesn't bother me...but it isn't me. Am I explaining myself alright?

I miss Wrasslegaf Unity.

Aiii

So not worth it
For a few weeks I've read nothing but AJ sucked Cena's dick jokes from you Soul, seeing as how testy you get when people repeatedly take the piss out of Kane you can probably imagine how annoying those get for AJ fans.

She worked hard to get to the main event, she was determined, good at her job and got over that way and you all better recognise!

And yes, she's frigging hot too, and that's okay, because for men and women alike, physique is a big part of the job.

For a few weeks I've read nothing but AJ sucked Cena's dick jokes from you Soul, seeing as how testy you get when people repeatedly take the piss out of Kane you can probably imagine how annoying those get for AJ fans.

She worked hard to get to the main event, she was determined, good at her job and got over that way and you all better recognise!

And yes, she's frigging hot too, and that's okay, because for men and women alike, physique is a big part of the job.

AJ and Cena were perfect for each other.

jred2k

Hey, Sunflower, any chance of you doing another Rumble stream Sunday as a pre-show or something? I know streaming can be a bit of a pain, but the Rumble stream you did on Christmas was awesome and it would be cool to see like 1 or 2 of the best Rumbles before this years.

I rewatched the 2000 Rumble the other night on vintage collection and it was pretty awesome. Taka and Funaki constantly trying to re-enter and immediately getting tossed was awesome. Gangrel's entrance was hilarious too. He tried to do a brief version of his full entrance and as he was taking off his sunglasses Test reached over the ropes and grabbed his hair. Gangrel looked so fucking scared and awkward when that happened.

i hate Kane but i agree with SoulPlaya.

women in the WWE are just "toys for the boys".

Rosa Mendez keeps her job by blowing Hayes, imagine what the others do.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I get testy when people say shit about Kane? That's utter nonsense, and you know it. People in this thread know my posts, and I usually take Kane jokes pretty lightly. Ask Sok or anyone else, I take Kane jokes very well. Now, I do get mad when someone just says, "Kane can't wrestle." or something, but if it's a joke, I'll usually laugh right with them, and you know that's true.

Now, I ask, why are my posts being singled out? There was a point where whenever Rosa Mendez appeared on screen you had jokes made about her, and that "sucking" gif of her was constantly posted. Where were you guys then?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Sunflower, any chance of you doing another Rumble stream Sunday as a pre-show or something? I know streaming can be a bit of a pain, but the Rumble stream you did on Christmas was awesome and it would be cool to see like 1 or 2 of the best Rumbles before this years.

I rewatched the 2000 Rumble the other night on vintage collection and it was pretty awesome. Taka and Funaki constantly trying to re-enter and immediately getting tossed was awesome. Gangrel's entrance was hilarious too. He tried to do a brief version of his full entrance and as he was taking off his sunglasses Test reached over the ropes and grabbed his hair. Gangrel looked so fucking scared and awkward when that happened.

Hell yeah in fact I'll start one now, and I'll post when I'm putting up a long stream for some time. I have Pretty Good Internet so it should hold, but if I really need to do some PC gaming I may need to take it down :p

I'll definitely be showing it this weekend too. ALL RAMBLES ALL THE TIME.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now, I ask, why are my posts being singled out? There was a point where whenever Rosa Mendez appeared on screen you had jokes made about her, and that "sucking" gif of her was constantly posted. Where were you guys then?

As said, you have been making that same joke for a while now, so that's maybe why, though you arenright, it's far from isolated. I have no clue what you are talking about as far as Rosa goes. Chances are I was not a member back then.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As said, you have been making that same joke for a while now, so that's maybe why, though you arenright, it's far from isolated. I have no clue what you are talking about as far as Rosa goes. Chances are I was not a member back then.
I'm just amazed that I defended a guy who spends HOURS a day watching terrible WCW replays, and then writes recaps about them on a video game message board, and he repays me by having the gall to call me weird.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm just amazed that I defended a guy who spends HOURS a day watching terrible WCW replays, and then writes recaps about them on a video game message board, and he has the gall to call me weird.

To be fair we are all in our late twenties or even older and watching and discussing a kids show on a daily basis. I guess we're all just plain weird here, heh.

strobogo

Banned
Do you not see a difference between "that woman is hot as fuck" and "that woman fucks her way to the top. And so did that one. And that one. They're just here to suck dicks."? Not the character, but the actual women backstage who fuck every one so they can get a better push. And as a matter of fact, I did say all the people freaking out over AJ in a bra was weird and silly since she wears more revealing stuff during her matches anyway.

What about Beth dominating the division for 3 years before her and Punk were involved? What about Mickie James dominating the division well before there were any rumors of her and Cena? What about Victoria dominating the division when there were never rumors of her sleeping around? What about Trish being the god damn poster girl for Divas despite not fucking top guys and bookers? You think Lita got to the spot she was before Edge by fucking Matt Hardy? Come on, son.

This place is so weirdly misogynistic. Not just in this thread (which is often atrocious), but GAF in general. Any thread on a woman here will eventually turn into slut shaming or "she's too fat/thin/ugly". All of them. Even ones where it doesn't make sense. God forbid Kim Kardashian get brought up. Soul, I'm not even mad and pissed at the jokes. I just think they're really strange and uncomfortable. I obviously don't owe you anything for "defending me". That's silly talk. I enjoy hot women and I enjoy take screen caps of the hot WCW YAKS. But I'm not degrading them because of who they've had sex with or why that matters at all. Why doesn't anyone care that Punk got his girlfriend a push and got Lita back on TV and on his DVD? They shouldn't. Just like no one should take issue with Beth getting her push because she started dating Punk.

jred2k

Hell yeah in fact I'll start one now, and I'll post when I'm putting up a long stream for some time. I have Pretty Good Internet so it should hold, but if I really need to do some PC gaming I may need to take it down :p

I'll definitely be showing it this weekend too. ALL RAMBLES ALL THE TIME.

FUCK WORK! Why can't Canada have an MLK day.

I want to catch the '97 Rumble so bad. The look on Stone Cold's face the moment that Bret Hart's music hits is so awesome.

As for Divas sleeping their way to the top, I don't think thats fair to say. Vickie has been a fairly big part of the product for a while now and you don't see that shit said about her. The problem is that the company gets tired of pushing them after a couple months so its easy to say "She was just getting exposure while she was fucking ________". I think its just the way wrestling fans have learned to discount someone they don't like. I've read a lot of comments over the years about HHH and how he only ever got where he was because of banging the bosses daughter. Since we don't know what goes on behind the scenes we have to speculate and make shit up to fit our opinions.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nope, seeing it for the first time. I only became active during last year's road to WM.
Either way, I've done a lot of concessions for this thread from the Kane fan art to whatever else, and I've been pretty lighthearted about all of it.

I'm standing my ground here, though. AJ sucking people off jokes stay, damn it!

Lets stop throwing these hurtful remarks at each other, yeah i'm a Kane fan to an oddly devoted degree as is Soul, Stro enjoys to recap the hilarious crapfest that is late era WCW, Aiii is the new Spin for AJ, Sunflower willingly plays WWE13 for hours each week, Bootaaay might get his jollies from barbaric death matches, Liquidsnake is a Hulk Hogan and WCW fan and Professor Beef is Professor Beef.
Don't you see? we're all crazy characters here, we're a spectacle unto ourselves much like wrestling, that's what makes Wrasslegaf so great.

Now we can either hug it out, respect the hell out of each other, shake hands or something else approval related.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Do you not see a difference between "that woman is hot as fuck" and "that woman fucks her way to the top. And so did that one. And that one. They're just here to suck dicks."? Not the character, but the actual women backstage who fuck every one so they can get a better push. And as a matter of fact, I did say all the people freaking out over AJ in a bra was weird and silly since she wears more revealing stuff during her matches anyway.

What about Beth dominating the division for 3 years before her and Punk were involved? What about Mickie James dominating the division well before there were any rumors of her and Cena? What about Victoria dominating the division when there were never rumors of her sleeping around? What about Trish being the god damn poster girl for Divas despite not fucking top guys and bookers? You think Lita got to the spot she was before Edge by fucking Matt Hardy? Come on, son.

This place is so weirdly misogynistic. Not just in this thread (which is often atrocious), but GAF in general. Any thread on a woman here will eventually turn into slut shaming or "she's too fat/thin/ugly". All of them. Even ones where it doesn't make sense. God forbid Kim Kardashian get brought up. Soul, I'm not even mad and pissed at the jokes. I just think they're really strange and uncomfortable. I obviously don't owe you anything for "defending me". That's silly talk. I enjoy hot women and I enjoy take screen caps of the hot WCW YAKS. But I'm not degrading them because of who they've had sex with or why that matters at all. Why doesn't anyone care that Punk got his girlfriend a push and got Lita back on TV and on his DVD? They shouldn't. Just like no one should take issue with Beth getting her push because she started dating Punk.
I don't care, dude. I honestly don't. I've said before that my jokes were just about how AJ is being portrayed as a complete slut who sleeps her way to the top. Truthfully, my jokes stemmed from the fact that in real life, AJ wanted to be an inspiration to young girls and show them that they don't have to expose themselves to get to the top, but that's what her character is being portrayed as. The ridiculous dichotomy of the two seemed funny to me, and that's where my jokes come from. Now, clearly, she likely is not sucking Cena off. It's a joke that I'm making on a video game message board in a wrestling thread where the entry age is 13. What do you want?

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets stop throwing these hurtful remarks at each other, yeah i'm a Kane fan to an oddly devoted degree as is Soul, Stro enjoys to recap the hilarious crapfest that is late era WCW, Aiii is the new Spin for AJ, Sunflower willingly plays WWE13 for hours each week, Bootaaay might get his jollies from barbaric death matches, Liquidsnake is a Hulk Hogan and WCW fan and Professor Beef is Professor Beef.
Don't you see? we're all crazy characters here, we're a spectacle unto ourselves much like wrestling, that's what makes Wrasslegaf so great.

Now we can either hug it out, respect the hell out of each other, shake hands or something else approval related.

Let's unite under our Cena hating banner then!

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I don't mind anyone in this thread. I say post whatever you want, but don't give me some faux outrage or be hypocritical.

I wonder if we will see some new women wrestlers debut this week or will they do a few weeks of Kaytlin vs Layla before hand?

Actually is Natalya still around?

Penguin

Is Stone Cold still set to make a token appearance soon?
I remember reading an interview with him ages ago, that he never realized the power of his appearances. He said he would do them less frequently because if he doesn't, it's just wasted.

WrassleGAF's own Royal Ramble Stream will be online in just a few moments, we're starting with Rumble 2002!

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

There is a countdown to the tape delay so internet flickers won't hurt us at all!

Thank you!
And haha at the generic music for Taker's intro

I don't mind anyone in this thread. I say post whatever you want, but don't give me some faux outrage or be hypocritical.
The hypocrisy comes from us being influenced by WWE's face wrasslers.

Nocturnowl, I'd like to shake your wing.

Ignore the steel chair in my other hand, though.
I see nothing bad that could come from this.

You're damn right someone here would get upset!

You're absolutely right, i'm so sorry Frankman!

Top Bottom