• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
ShirlShocked is the webmistress of AJ's most popular fansite.

I hate myself for knowing this. In my defense, she pops up via AJ's Twitter feed a lot heh.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'll just leave this here:
OOv8jMd.png

Miz has main evented WM for the WWE title... Ziggler will never achieve that. He's just jelly.

Anarchy Championship Wrestling's flagship show, Guilty By Association, was last night at the Mohawk in Austin, TX. Last night. PACKED house.

Lots of stuff went on last night, LOTS of title changes. Highlights included ACH v. "The Centerfold" Matthew Palmer for the Hardcore Title, (their long-awaited rematch, as the first two times they wrestled ended in crazy no-contests) with a very innovative stipulation for a Hardcore Title match, and Jerry Lynn ("The Godfather of Anarchy") had a very emotional last match in Texas with "Showtime" Scot Summers with lots of craziness.

If anyone cares, let me know...I'll do my usual writeup. Didn't get any response last time I posted a writeup at all, so I won't bother do one if you guys don't care anymore.

Penguin

The Godfather at Rumble 2002 is one of my favorite intros.. and not just because of the 12 women, but because he didn't rush to the ring, which I've never understood

Also Sunflower, are you not doing last year's Rumble match?

Anarchy Championship Wrestling's flagship show, Guilty By Association, was last night at the Mohawk in Austin, TX. Last night. PACKED house.

Lots of stuff went on last night, LOTS of title changes. Highlights included ACH v. "The Centerfold" Matthew Palmer for the Hardcore Title, (their long-awaited rematch, as the first two times they wrestled ended in crazy no-contests) with a very innovative stipulation for a Hardcore Title match, and Jerry Lynn ("The Godfather of Anarchy") had a very emotional last match in Texas with "Showtime" Scot Summers with lots of craziness.

If anyone cares, let me know...I'll do my usual writeup. Didn't get any response last time I posted a writeup at all, so I won't bother do one if you guys don't care anymore.

Do you have any pics of scantily clad female wresters for me to ogle?

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't hate Mix. he's stale though and he is a crappy face and a crappy announcer. Also, he I'd a mister and unworthy of his new status as Ric Flair Jr.

But that's all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I really like them, I must have missed the last one you did or didn't comment :( living in OK it's good to hear of close promotions and what's going on there.

jred2k

The Godfather at Rumble 2002 is one of my favorite intros.. and not just because of the 12 women, but because he didn't rush to the ring, which I've never understood

Bossman at the 2000 Rumble was good too. He stood outside the ring for the full 90 seconds waiting for someone to come and help him with Rakishi. Too bad he isn't still around to lead the Sheild. They wear the same clothes!

strobogo

Banned
I don't care, dude. I honestly don't. I've said before that my jokes were just about how AJ is being portrayed as a complete slut who sleeps her way to the top. Truthfully, my jokes stemmed from the fact that in real life, AJ wanted to be an inspiration to young girls and show them that they don't have to expose themselves to get to the top, but that's what her character is being portrayed as. The ridiculous dichotomy of the two seemed funny to me, and that's where my jokes come from. Now, clearly, she likely is not sucking Cena off. It's a joke that I'm making on a video game message board in a wrestling thread where the entry age is 13. What do you want?

I'm not outraged. I just said I thought it was a little weird when you go on "she sucked his dick. And his dick. And his dick. And she sucked that guy's dick" tangents. There was really no need to turn it into a big everyone is attacking me for things everyone else does thing. I didn't tell you to stop or that you're ruining the thread with it. I just think it is weird. Some people think my reviews are weird. It was just a comment.

Ithil

Natalya has had her fair share of "slutty" storylines. Isn't her gimmick now some weird infatuation with Khali?

Let's not forget that the Bellas were big before Eve, and their gimmick was fighting over ADR.

I don't think a normal sort of relationship with Khali counts as "slutty".

All I have to say from the discussion the last page or so is that AJ does not wear more revealing stuff in a match than a bra.

Believe me if she did I WOULD KNOW. I would know...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm not outraged. I just said I thought it was a little weird when you go on "she sucked his dick. And his dick. And his dick. And she sucked that guy's dick" tangents. There was really no need to turn it into a big everyone is attacking me for things everyone else does thing. I didn't tell you to stop or that you're ruining the thread with it. I just think it is weird. Some people think my reviews are weird. It was just a comment.
Well, I'm going to keep making them. Hell, I don't think I'm doing them enough.

Carnby

Miz has main evented WM for the WWE title... Ziggler will never achieve that. He's just jelly.

You sound like a Miz promo. Are you too going to brag about being in the main event two years ago, and only by default since there was literally no one else to choose. It's not much to brag about. It's like Sid still bragging about being in the WM 13 main event.

Mr. Sam

You sound like a Miz promo. Are you too going to brag about being in the main event two years ago, and only by default since there was literally no one else to choose. It's not much to brag about. It's like Sid still bragging about being in the WM 13 main event.

It should have been Punk. Still, worked out in the end.

Mr.Swag

Banned
What's you're favorite wrestler of all time gaf?

Mines is Edge. Dude had some of the best matches, he had great moves, and he was always awesome on the mic. I would watch just for him basically.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I like the Miz.

Although I never want him to be successful in any title run or main event ever.
The Miz is terrible right now, but at least he has his own recognizable moveset in the ring, which is more than I can say for a lot of dudes getting in the ring every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Mines is Edge. Dude had some of the best matches, he had great moves, and he was always awesome on the mic. I would watch just for him basically.

Batista's heel run was what made me love the dude, but really, the truth is...

A pair. The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. There was nothing better.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Who's my favorite wrestler of all time? I'm not really sure.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

I just watched the Edge documentary (You Think You Know Me) on Netflix last night. It was great. Not one of my favorites, but I did appreciate the guy.

I don't really know who my favorite would be. Growing up, it was definitely Bret Hart. His return on Raw a few years ago was what got me watching wrestling again after largely ignoring it for several years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, reflecting - 80s was the Road Warriors, 90s was the Road Warriors peppered with Mr. Perfect. He really was Perfect. Loved that guy. Also Ted DiBiase was the asshole I always wanted to be. What a beard.

Mr. Sam

Steve Austin could find a way to make taking a poo entertaining. It's an obvious answer but, well, there's a reason it's an obvious answer.

Sabucin

For me, it is Kurt Angle. I really enjoyed his matches in WWF/WWE. He is one of the most complete wrestlers in history.

Who's my favorite wrestler of all time? I'm not really sure.
Stole my answer, it's a bigger mystery than Evolution.

Mick Foley. All around best wrestling person.
Definitely one of my favourites, I also find him like a feel good tale of hard work paying off, Foley is Good.

It was always Benoit for me. :(

I was a huge mark for attitude era Heel Trips.
What really pains me about Benoit is that it took me until 2005 to finally warm to him and notice just how good he was, he went from being someone I rarely cared about to my number 2 spot.
Then of course.... :(

I look back pretty fondly on 2000 Trips, the man was a master heel.

I'm pretty sure that I'm the biggest Kane fan on GAF. I even came up with a nickname for him: Glen is a Gentle Giant. You can just put GGG for short, though.

Top Bottom