• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

You gotta pick one! WCW Jericho right? Because back when he did the Big Steps move...good times.

Chris Jericho is the Man of 1004 Holds http://youtu.be/fUcTHmZ9luY

6383%20-%201004_holds%20chris_jericho%20microphone%20monday_nitro%20wcw.png

strobogo

Banned
Randy Savage has been my favorite since I was 5 years old. Even as a young mark, I couldn't deny the awesomeness of the Macho Man. Even as depressing and bad as his last WCW run was, I was always a fan. His death had me legit shook.

I'm pretty sure that I'm the biggest Kane fan on GAF. I even came up with a nickname for him: Glen is a Gentle Giant. You can just put GGG for short, though.
I knew you'd come around, it's safer for you to be a Kane fan than a Rock fan in these trying times where the jabronis of Wrasslegaf will try and pretend that they don't care for the great one.

GGG stands for Good, Giving, and Game. Three things Kane is not.
Where's your proof?!

GGG stands for "God, Will You Please Just Stop Talking About Kane!?"

ogN1w.gif

I knew you'd come around, it's safer for you to be a Kane fan than a Rock fan in these trying times where the jabronis of Wrasslegaf will try and pretend that they don't care for the great one.

I'm sorry my fine feathered friend, but it was merely a SWERVE. The Rock is my favorite wrestler of all-time. Even more so than Kane himself.

That isn't to say that Kane is poopy, though. But favorite? No way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Randy Savage has been my favorite since I was 5 years old. Even as a young mark, I couldn't deny the awesomeness of the Macho Man. Even as depressing and bad as his last WCW run was, I was always a fan. His death had me legit shook.

It's not even Mach's fault for the last run. They had NOTHING to do with him so he shows up, says "And I will REFEREE, OHHH YEAHAAAAAH!" and then that doesn't lead to anything.

I'm sorry my fine feathered friend, but it was merely a SWERVE. The Rock is my favorite wrestler of all-time. Even more so than Kane himself.

That isn't to say that Kane is poopy, though. But favorite? No way.
I am shocked by this turn of events, but Rock is a fine choice.

The Millions is a much better name for Rock fans, surely.

http://i.imgur.com/xP7D5gF.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well judging by the reactions after the last two Raws we don't have many millions in these parts.

also...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZY9Hx.gif

strobogo

Banned
It's not even Mach's fault for the last run. They had NOTHING to do with him so he shows up, says "And I will REFEREE, OHHH YEAHAAAAAH!" and then that doesn't lead to anything.

Not that. The feud with Nash was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Way worse than anything I've seen in 2000 WCW. Everything about it was awful.

FyreWulff

Miz's promo video for his match at Mania was pretty cool.

I'll give them that.

The WWE video team is pretty damn good in the first place, though. I'm pretty sure they singlehandedly made Taker/HBK as awesome as it was.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Lesnar was the perfect mix of size, strength, speed, and athleticism. As far as a physical wrestling specimen, you couldn't really ask for much more. Big E can lift heavy stuff.......great. Mark Henry set world records and it still took him well over a decade to be anything worth a crap because he was very one dimensional. Powerlifting isn't a great base to be a good professional wrestler, amateur wrestling is.

Big E was a champion wrestler for Florida as a teenager. I'm not going to say he's exactly like Lesnar, but he does have size, strength, speed, and athleticism on top of a amateur wrestling base and power lifting.

Unless he's willing to suck off Cena (like AJ apparently is).

Or Kane with the Kliq and Vince. Wouldn't that get annoying if almost every time someone brought up Kane, they responded with a joke like that? I just don't find the humour in saying such things about either gender. Normally I just ignore such comments, but you lot did go on about it for quite a bit.

The thing is is, some of us actually like women's wrestling for the same reason we like men's wrestling, the wrestling and whatever story may exist. Not objects, just people wrestling.

doubling back around to the divas discussion I invite you to pull up a seat make some lasgna and watch the greatest women's wrestling match ever.

Manami Toyota vs Kyoko Inoue

this match which is an hour long has both women giving their all. the match is entertaining throughout out. with some great spots(some involving tables). not to mention some wicked elbows and aerial attacks. if it had a male analogue it would be punk/joe 2.

No jokes about either woman or anything sexual in the back, just as I wouldn't say as such about Owen Hart vs Tiger Mask or Sara Del Rey vs. Eddie Kingston or Nature Boy Regal vs Johny Saint. Good story telling, good wrestling, a good show, that's all that really should matter.

Edit: Not that I'm against objects wrestling. http://youtu.be/Bp464vKKu5g I don't care who screws (in) what object, as long as they are properly constructed. Yes I posted all that just to get to that joke.

What's you're favorite wrestler of all time gaf?

All around, Regal. The man can fight cruelly, technically, or comically and he can still do it so well and then go on to do a promo of any style just as well. Shame he so often had to ruin things for himself back stage during certain pushes.

Give me a technical catch as catch can match between him on World of Sports, a huge contrast between him and a flier in NJPW, a brawl with Fit Finley, a in-ring story with Brian Pillman, a push for Dean Ambrose focusing on subtle and small "cheats", cowardly heel against CM Punk in Chicago, making a luchador submit, a dance off, or almost any other match and I'll be entertained save for anything involving the Big Show.

He's also a great commentator, even if WWE made him stop his long epic and often changing tale of his varying number of daughters and son, for all their mishaps and wild nights out giving him troubles.

DKehoe

All around, Regal. The man can fight cruelly, technically, or comically and he can still do it so well and then go on to do a promo of any style just as well. Shame he so often had to ruin things for himself back stage during certain pushes.

Give me a technical catch as catch can match between him on World of Sports, a huge contrast between him and a flier in NJPW, a brawl with Fit Finley, a in-ring story with Brian Pillman, a push for Dean Ambrose focusing on subtle and small "cheats", cowardly heel against CM Punk in Chicago, making a luchador submit, a dance off, or almost any other match and I'll be entertained save for anything involving the Big Show.

He's also a great commentator, even if WWE made him stop his long epic and often changing tale of his varying number of daughters and son, for all their mishaps and wild nights out giving him troubles.

Regal is fantastic, wish WWE had done more with him. Pity he failed that drug test when he was GM, that was a great opportunity for him and he was doing really well with it.

Regal is fantastic, wish WWE had done more with him. Pity he failed that drug test when he was GM, that was a great opportunity for him and he was doing really well with it.

I thought at the very least he was going to get a world title program at the time. Dude had mega heat and would have been awesome with the belt.

edit.

As for favorite wrestler of all time, I would have to go with Mick Foley. The guy can play a psychopath, a dorky heartthrob, and the ultimate underdog. He had his fair share of good to great matches with my personal favorite being his match with HBK at Mind Games and dude can cut one hell of a promo.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
You sound like a Miz promo. Are you too going to brag about being in the main event two years ago, and only by default since there was literally no one else to choose. It's not much to brag about. It's like Sid still bragging about being in the WM 13 main event.

And what has Ziggler done in the last two years since he sniffed Edge's WHC?

Fuck all is what. Dude has been treading water and WWE sure ain't gonna pull the trigger.

FyreWulff

It's pretty sad that the one memorable thing he's been involved in throughout his entire WWE career was down the the production crew and not himself.

They should let the video crew do the booking.

Didn't help they did the stupid weak heel bullshit with him too. And then a draw countout finish. At Wrestlemania. In it's main event.

Yeah.

Some day GAF will understand my hatred for her.

I can get dislike but don't think i'll ever understand outright hatred for her, i've never been that big of a fan or a detractor but arguably she's had the most interesting character in the divas division in what feels like ages for better or for worse.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I can get dislike but don't think i'll ever understand outright hatred for her, i've never been that big of a fan or a detractor but arguably she's had the most interesting character in the divas division in what feels like ages for better or for worse.

The problem is she's not in the Diva's division. She's bringing down legit talent.

jred2k

Daniel Puder getting chopped to death by Benoit, Gurrero, and Hardcore Holly just became one of my favourite things ever.

The problem is she's not in the Diva's division. She's bringing down legit talent.
Okay this is a good point, but I will say it was going fine until the GM stuff.

Daniel Puder getting chopped to death by Benoit, Gurrero, and Hardcore Holly just became one of my favourite things ever.

Sounds like the 05 rumble, that's a good one in my books.
Get hype for the Paul London elimination later on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Just saw him get annihilated. Boy, he got worked over!

Top Bottom