• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, the Royal Rumble stream is BACK:

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

Thrill at the 1996 Royal Rumble!

FoAJqOOl.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing Antonio Cesaro doing the uppercut live was awesome. Other than the predictable ending, I thought Raw was decent.

YOU are a horrible person for what you did. I died laughing multiple times last night.

McNei1y

Ziggler and Cena aren't having a match. They're both only in the Rumble.

Then that explains it. So the card is...? (in no order)

Kaitlyn vs...
Team Hell No vs Team Rhode Scholars - Tag Team Heritage Heritage Heritage Belts
ADR vs Big Show - Last Man Standing - World Heavyweight Championship
CM Punk vs The Rock - WWE Championship
Royal Rumble

Miz vs Cesaro? Barrett vs Kofi (or something)? Random mid card vs Jobber? Shield vs Ryback/Orton/Sheamus?

I wonder when Ziggler will cash in his case. I'm thinking this weekend is a good opportunity to since it's a last man standing match.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seeing Antonio Cesaro doing the uppercut live was awesome. Other than the predictable ending, I thought Raw was decent.

Congrats on making the Cena promo watchable. There was one zoomed in camera shot they kept going to where it was just literally Cena's head and your zoomed sign in the background and -nothing- else.

That shit made my night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on making the Cena promo watchable. There was one zoomed in camera shot they kept going to where it was just literally Cena's head and your zoomed sign in the background and -nothing- else.

That shit made my night.

Just think what that sign could have been instead ;(

"bring back batista"

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I wonder when Ziggler will cash in his case. I'm thinking this weekend is a good opportunity to since it's a last man standing match.

But then he'd go in to the Rumble as WHC which would be weird as he'd have to lose.

I'd like to see Hell No drop the titles, I think they've gone far enough now.

Got damn ticketmaster, how is it possible every VIP AXXESS session is sold out? Either that or they were never on sale to begin with. Hate these dumb pre-sales.

McNei1y

But then he'd go in to the Rumble as WHC which would be weird as he'd have to lose.

I'd like to see Hell No drop the titles, I think they've gone far enough now.

Well, Ziggler may win it between RR and EC then because I see ADR as a stop gap until Ziggler gets the belt from him. Is WWE still basing which belt the winner of Royal Rumble will get to challenge based on what brand they are signed to? I mean I don't even remember what brand Ziggler (or anyone for that matter) is signed to. If it's Smackdown, it'd be weird for him to win the Rumble and have the case as well as the #1 contender spot for the WHC.

I believe Hell No will lose the belts this weekend for sure. This will be their downfall. I'm sure they'll be tied up in the tag belts feud until WM though.

Royal Rumble |OT| Batista at #30!

Believe.

Kyoufu

I don't think Punk is dropping the title or being dropped from the WM main event program.

I say this with confidence because I recall Punk on some morning interview show (it's on youtube) saying that he did not like Rock but now he thinks him coming back is a good thing.

Which means Punk benefits from Rock's return in some way.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I don't think Punk is dropping the title or being dropped from the WM main event program.

I say this with confidence because I recall Punk on some morning interview show (it's on youtube) saying that he did not like Rock but now he thinks him coming back is a good thing.

Do not underestimate the mind of Vincent K McMahon.

Omega

Banned
Is WWE still basing which belt the winner of Royal Rumble will get to challenge based on what brand they are signed to?

Winner chooses what belt they want

Maybe he benefits by having someone to have a decent promo with it. Punk has half assed the entire year up until Rock. He's finally trying for once so may

I hope Punk wins, but who would he fight? My guess is if Punk retains, Dbryan wins. I see no one else worth being the #3 match against him. Obviously Cena vs Rock is main eventing, they're going to have some squash match before to give everyone a bathroom break.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So much of the Rumble has fallen from grace, it's a shame we no longer get scheming or order entry mattering much anymore. Those were the days. I also miss the 10 minute Rumble promo that each entrant got. Let's relive one of those AWESOME Rumble promo reels, welcome to 1989!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpEAL9l2wcY

Everyone had their own logo, their own motivations, their own plans...so many good things in this video.

Cagey

Banned
Winner chooses what belt they want

Maybe he benefits by having someone to have a decent promo with it. Punk has half assed the entire year up until Rock. He's finally trying for once so may

I hope Punk wins, but who would he fight? My guess is if Punk retains, Dbryan wins. I see no one else worth being the #3 match against him. Obviously Cena vs Rock is main eventing, they're going to have some squash match before to give everyone a bathroom break.

Rock, Cena, Punk triple threat. Cena wins. It is destiny.

Toki767

If Cena doesn't win the Rumble and Rock wins the belt, the winner will look pretty stupid for not wanting to headline WrestleMania in a title match against The Rock.

Ah okay. I didn't understand that.

So are The Shield going to be in the Royal Rumble?

The Shield are going to interrupt the WWE title match in order for Rock to win and get the title. They were secretly working for him the entire time because he offered them autographed blu-rays of Journey 2 The Mysterious Island

Omega

Banned
If Cena doesn't win the Rumble and Rock wins the belt, the winner will look pretty stupid for not wanting to headline WrestleMania in a title match against The Rock.

1. Cena is winning the Rumble

2. If he doesn't win the rumble, he's still main eventing Mania. Haven't you realized this by now? Cena is more important than anything in WWE.

He could be the special guest referee in a non-title match between Kaitlyn and AJ and it would be the main event.

Dunno, would be awesome if midway in the rumble, they hit the buzzer, nobody comes out.

Next number, nobody comes out.

3rd Time, SIEERA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA

All 3 bumrush the ring at once and lay waste

jmdajr

Not sure. Shield can't interfere in The Rock's match, so maybe they will attack Rock before hand?

Also if Punk does fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania, it will probbaly be no hold bared with Taker trying to survive the Shield and Punk. I think Punk won't be enough to take the match seriously.

Lunchbox

Banned
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9153/rumbleop.jpg[IMG]

Gonna finish it tonight. Still requesting Royal Rumble OT title suggestions! Anyone?[/QUOTE]

i've been out of the loop for a good 3 months now, so.......

rock beats punk

cena wins rumble to challenge rock and win the belt at mania. yes? yes

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

rock beats punk

It's simple. Straightest path is right through the mud.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Not sure. Shield can't interfere in The Rock's match, so maybe they will attack Rock before hand?

Also if Punk does fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania, it will probbaly be no hold bared with Taker trying to survive the Shield and Punk. I think Punk alone won't make people won't be enough to take the match seriously.
There is nothing they can do with Taker at WM to make anyone take it seriously. He survived SCM into a pedigree. Nothing can beat him there. Punk will job easily to Taker, and then proceed to job to Cena for a while.

Toki767

There is nothing they can do with Taker at WM to make anyone take it seriously. He survived SCM into a pedigree. Nothing can beat him there. Punk will job easily to Taker, and then proceed to job to Cena for a while.

I wonder if Taker/Cena is still the plan for WM30.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

rock beats punk

Too predictable.

Lesnar wins Rumble.

Heyman screws Punk by sending out The Shield to get involved to vacate the title.

totally gonna happen

Any strong reason why they couldn't or wouldn't do a triple threat ME at Mania? I know they've moved past them in recent years (the last one being at Mania 25 - and even then it wasn't top of the card).

Just seems to me that Punk with a 500 day+ reign would be a huge selling point for a Mania if he had both Rock and Cena gunning for him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
we dont know what we want

vince knows what we want

We didn't want the Daniel Bryan squash at Mania - we got it. We said "this is horrible" and it made him a star.

VKM is a genius.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wonder if Taker/Cena is still the plan for WM30.
Unless it's Kane/Taker (and then only for the novelty of seeing them retire together), I don't care. Taker is inconsequential, and the fact that he returns every year just to squash a top star really needs to stop. He's not even a big draw anymore for the event.

McNei1y

Dunno, would be awesome if midway in the rumble, they hit the buzzer, nobody comes out.

This would be cool to see. I hope they get some good screen time this weekend to showcase their skills more.

Any strong reason why they couldn't or wouldn't do a triple threat ME at Mania? I know they've moved past them in recent years (the last one being at Mania 25 - and even then it wasn't top of the card).

Just seems to me that Punk with a 500 day+ reign would be a huge selling point for a Mania if he had both Rock and Cena gunning for him.

I think a triple threat would be a great match with these talents. I was thinking about that earlier actually.

jred2k

I could see them coming out and clearing the ring. The next entrant would be Ryback, then Shameus and Orton follow. The promo video they played for The Shield on Raw was really trying to play up them having a lot of enemies. WWE has got to do something soon to get them in to matches.

Everything around Ryback losing to Punk is taking a long time to play out. HIAC was in October and Mad Ox has barely progressed at all.

Cagey

Banned
We didn't want the Daniel Bryan squash at Mania - we got it. We said "this is horrible" and it made him a star.

VKM is a genius.

It was horrible, and it didn't make him a star. Outraged wrestling fans flooding RAW the next night and turning it into a de facto Daniel Bryan protest made him a star.

I think it's too much to assume WWE had the foresight to predict all of that.

Toki767

Sheamus will probably eliminate Orton to further the heel turn where Orton turns heel even though Sheamus is the one being a dick.

jmdajr

Unless it's Kane/Taker (and then only for the novelty of seeing them retire together), I don't care. Taker is inconsequential, and the fact that he returns every year just to squash a top star really needs to stop. He's not even a big draw anymore for the event.

Can't say I agree.

You're just mad that little Brother Kane never reached such heights! It's ok...

I understand.

Top Bottom