• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

tm24

iCyUC6KmI1fsW.gif

I'm putting this out there. Winner of the GAF Rumble will receive one copy of DDT4 if theyre in the states or an iPPV. DDt4 was batshit insane

Ithil

Let's be honest about Nakamura - fucker is ugly. He can't help it. He's an ugly dude.

But his PRESENCE, the way he moves, the way he talks, the way he acts...proof positive you don't have to be good looking to be absolutely incredible.

I'm sure Soul knows where I'm coming from. When Kane was unmasked many people were shocked how ugly he was. Poor feller.

You get that a lot in wrestling, Hell, Cena's got lots of female fans despite looking like an Easter Island statue.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You get that a lot in wrestling, Hell, Cena's got lots of female fans despite looking like an Easter Island statue.

He has a hell of a physique.

I'm putting this out there. Winner of the GAF Rumble will receive one copy of DDT4 if theyre in the states or an iPPV. DDt4 was batshit insane

!!!

I'm guessing that Cena will win the rumble
ugh
and Punk will retain his title but probably lose it at EC to the Rock.

My Fantasy booking would be for Punk to retain the next two PPVs and then challenge the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That'd be like, a 500 day streak vs 20-0? Something close to that. Who wouldn't want to see that?

strobogo

Banned
Nak has more swag than anyone in pro wrestling. By far. I'm not even into puro anymore, but Nak's gimmick of eccentric coke head with a heart of SWAG is the best.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm guessing that Cena will win the rumble
ugh
and Punk will retain his title but probably lose it at EC to the Rock.

My Fantasy booking would be for Punk to retain the next two PPVs and then challenge the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. That'd be like, a 500 day streak vs 20-0? Something close to that. Who wouldn't want to see that?

What? CM Punk is really looking to defend against The Rock twice back to back? I haven't finished RAW yet and haven't read the past few pages. lol.

Kaladin

Final cards for this weekend's Dragon Gate USA iPPVs. Friday night's show with John Morrison will not be an iPPV.

Saturday, January 26th, 8pm PST - 11pm EST
Dragon Gate USA - REVOLT! 2013 - Huntington Park, CA

Open The Freedom Gate Title No Rope Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Jon Davis

Special Tag Team Attraction
The Young Bucks vs. Jimmy Susumu & Ryo Saito

Dream Singles Match
Akira Tozawa vs. Sami Callihan

New Stars Invade The LA Area
AR Fox vs. Samuray Del Sol

Special Attraction Match
Rich Swann vs. Mystery Young Dragon Gate Wrestler

JUST ADDED: Special Challenge Match
Chuck Taylor vs. Arik Cannon

Brian Kendrick Will Be In Attendance!!!

California FRAY!
two men start, every two minutes another enters, eliminations take place anytime by pinfall, DQ or submission, last man standing is the winner
Participants: B-Boy, Brian Cage, Drake Younger, Johnny Yuma, Johnny Goodtime, Ray Rosas, representative of Brian Kendrick's School Of Wrestling, JUST ADDED Famous B

Sunday, January 27th, 1pm PST - 4pm EST
Dragon Gate USA - Heat 2013 - Huntington Park, CA

The Main Event - One-Time-Only Dream Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks vs. AR Fox & Akira Tozawa

Special Challenge Match
Sami Callihan vs. Jimmy Susumu

Special Challenge Match
Samuray Del Sol vs. Ryo Saito

Special Attraction Match #1
Chuck Taylor vs. Mystery Young Dragon Gate Wrestler

JUST ADDED: Special Attraction Match #2
Rich Swann vs. Arik Cannon

Johnny Gargano will face winner of California FRAY! on Jan. 26th

Brian Kendrick Will Be In Attendance!!!

If Drake Younger wins FRAY! on 1/26 he will wrestle Johnny Gargano, if he does not win he will wrestle Jon Davis

Gonna be a great weekend of wrasslin.

Kaladin

Hah! GAF's multi quote doesnt go away if you leave!

Also, speaking of Miz's terrible figure four, didn't Disco Inferno have a submission move that he didnt know how to apply either?

I've mentally blocked out anything about Disco Inferno actually wrestling.

Excellent ACW review Pristine, sounds like another great show and, even if the crowd weren't too hot on it because of the previous swerve, I think that sounds like a good main event angle on paper. Definitely going to pick up the MP4 of this when SMV release it, as I'm really interested in seeing Summers vs Lynn. Also, I'm really warming to Davy Vega the more ACW & AIW shows I see.

Thanks! It was a helluva show overall despite that one bump in the road.

The show was saved after Fitchett came out. Anarchy LOVES some "Flippy Shit" (the name of his old tag-team in ACW.) Palmer v. ACH was an epic battle, and so was Summers v. Lynn. And of course seeing Jessica win the Joshi belt. It's well worth picking up when it comes out. Really, the electric excitement BEFORE the Palmer v. ACH match alone was worth the price of admission. It definitely had that "fight night" atmosphere that people talk about, and the place was ready to pop before the guys even locked up. Maybe not THE "must see" show for ACW noobs this year as it's billed as (just because of that one booking foible) but certainly worth the SMV download price. After all, you can fast-forward through the bad promo! LOL. I'd say no wrestling fan would really be anything but pleased buying any of the last three shows whenever they come out.

Turns out Carson was bleeding from the eye and had a ruptured eardrum after his match with Bolt Brady, but will be OK. Surprised that he even went out there again to do the ill-fated beatdown of Darrin Childs, considering the condition he was in.

In other ACW and American Joshi/Independent Women's Wrestling news: I noticed that "The Goddess" Athena is listed in the voting for TNA's "Gut Check" poll. She's listed in Bracket 13 as "Adrienne Reese." Best of luck to her.

This won't be anything new to you, Boots, but for folks who may not know, Athena is one of the best, most athletic, hardest-hitting women in the entire world, IMO, and "The O-Face" (A Twisting "Diamond Dust"-style stunner caught in mid-air from a top rope dive) is easily one of the best finishers going today.

Athena's O-Face Finisher (YouTube)

On another note, just got PCSX2 up and running with Fire Pro Returns and the Puro Elitist 2012 save! I forgot how fun Fire Pro is, and how remarkably entertaining the matches can be - just wrestled Pat O'Connor as Zack Sabre Jr, and the story of the match was Pat trying to hit the O'Connor roll, to which Zack always had a counter. Zack tried using his speed and striking ability to put Pat away early, but O'Connor kept stunning him with a big belly to belly out of nowhere. Every time Pat went for a waist lock, Zack countered into a kimura and almost made O'Connor tap, but in the end he rolled through the kimura into a cradle pin, Zack kicked out at 2.9, O'Connor hit the ropes but held on, Zack missed a dropkick, ate a deadlift German suplex and finally got hit with the O'Connor roll for the 3-count. Man, I love this game.

Fire Pro is still THE game, IMO. Can't wait for a more stable version of PCSX2 for Mac OSX Lion/Mountain Lion so I can get on this. It's not terrible right now, but I'm loathe to run unstable software on any of my machines right now, since they are all "work" machines.

I've always thought Nak was a pretty cool-looking guy. But what do I know?

Thanks for the link to the 2012​ DKP​ PWP​ Annual. Awesome stuff for reading on the can.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Alright WrassleGAF. I took some time off from watching far too much wrestling (WWE and otherwise), and now I'm needing to catch up. I trailed off just after RAW 1000, so around SummerSlam time. I plan on reading up/watching what I can of the PPVs.

For those of you that have been watching this whole time, is there any great match* from the back half of 2012 (WWE or otherwise) that I should go out of my way to find a way to watch?

Edit: *or hell, even a promo or particular character/storyline run

Someone needs to make some kind of database as to what DVDs have "WWF" censored and which ones don't. I never watched any of their reproduced old stuff because of all the censoring.

Omega

Banned
Alright WrassleGAF. I took some time off from watching far too much wrestling (WWE and otherwise), and now I'm needing to catch up. I trailed off just after RAW 1000, so around SummerSlam time. I plan on reading up/watching what I can of the PPVs.

For those of you that have been watching this whole time, is there any great match* from the back half of 2012 (WWE or otherwise) that I should go out of my way to find a way to watch?

Only match that comes to mind is The Shield vs Ryback/Hell No

and no, theres no promos, characters or storylines ever worth following in modern wwe.

I guess if you hate Dolph Ziggler you could catch up on his feud against Super Cena and watch him be buried 12ft

Not counting the PPV Blu Rays, these all seem worth it (kinda)

nWo: The Revolution Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Rock vs. Cena - Once in a Lifetime Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Falls Count Anywhere: Greatest Street Fights Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

ECW Unreleased Vol 1 Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The Epic Journey of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The Best of King of the Ring Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Steve Austin:The Most Popular Superstar Of All Time Blu-ray (3 Discs)
€13,00

The Ladder Match 2: Crash & Burn Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Greatest Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€12,00

The True Story of WrestleMania Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

DX: One Last Stand Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€10,00

I need to trim a few though...

Not counting the PPV Blu Rays, these all seem worth it (kinda)

nWo: The Revolution Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Rock vs. Cena - Once in a Lifetime Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Falls Count Anywhere: Greatest Street Fights Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

ECW Unreleased Vol 1 Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The Best of WCW Clash of the Champions Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

You Think You Know Me? The Story of Edge Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The Epic Journey of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

The Best of King of the Ring Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Steve Austin:The Most Popular Superstar Of All Time Blu-ray (3 Discs)
€13,00

The Ladder Match 2: Crash & Burn Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Greatest Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

Randy Orton: The Evolution of a Predator Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€12,00

The True Story of WrestleMania Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€13,00

DX: One Last Stand Blu-ray (2 Discs)
€10,00

I need to trim a few though...

Ones in bold wouldn't interest me.

jmdajr

So what do you get if you win the Rumble?

I say giant avatar on the February WrassleGaf Thread.

Congratulations a Winner is You etc.

I shall give the winner of the GAF Rumble a Steam Game.

I will give the winner of the GAF Rumble a hand drawn certificate.

So what do you get if you win the Rumble?

I say giant avatar on the February WrassleGaf Thread.

Congratulations a Winner is You etc.

*game will probably be a THQ one, or whatever else I have randomly sitting around on my account.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Only match that comes to mind is The Shield vs Ryback/Hell No

and no, theres no promos, characters or storylines ever worth following in modern wwe.

I guess if you hate Dolph Ziggler you could catch up on his feud against Super Cena and watch him be buried 12ft

Surprising that a Ryback match of any kind would be a highlight, but I spoiled myself and looked up what The Shield are. Ambrose and Rollins? I can believe that.

As for the rest, that's what I figured. Not what I was hoping, but what I assumed.

I did really enjoy watching Ziggler in and out of the ring too. And yet, still not surprised.

In any case, oh well, thanks.

I think your right, I dropped them. I thought Rock/Cena had more content than what is on he discs. The seems a rubbish release tbh.

If it's the one I'm thinking of they ran it like night and day on Sky Sports before and after the Wrestlemania match. It was OK, but I wouldn't pay for it.

The Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels thing is OK, but seemed awkward. They're sitting down talking to Jim Ross who guides them through from the late 80s to the the screwjob, but things move so fast and nothing's really discussed. It's like they're trying to out do each other putting each other over.

I will second the Ryback/Team Hell No vs. The Shield TLC match...but also add on a couple of suggestions:

Cesaro's matches with Brodus Clay, Great Khali, and Kofi Kingston
D-Bry vs. Tyson Kidd on Saturday Morning Slam
Ricardo's match with The Big Show (especially the setup and backstage stuff, it's crucial)

AVOID ANYTHING JOHN CENA...he's been trolling for months now.

I think your right, I dropped them. I thought Rock/Cena had more content than what is on he discs. The seems a rubbish release tbh.

Greatest Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart Blu-ray (2 Discs) is pretty great if you haven't seen the interview, but all of the best matches on it are collected elsewhere.

With Generico being picked up by the WWE, I'm wondering who the next big indy guy is on the list. I think the closest would be Steen but after that? Adam Cole?

edit: I'd have to throw Michael Elgin on there as he is starting to become a monster.

Top Bottom