• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

KissVibes

Banned
I asked this in IRC but never saw the response:

Why are the WWE YouTube shows ending? Are they done with YouTube or are the talent involved like Santino and Ryder getting let go. Secondly, the last episode of Ryder's show directly referenced that he got over by himself and got buried by WWE. Could that and his Twitter bitching (which I never had an issue with) be a storyline waiting to happen?

Why are the WWE YouTube shows ending? Are they done with YouTube or are the talent involved like Santino and Ryder getting let go. Secondly, the last episode of Ryder's show directly referenced that he got over by himself and got buried by WWE. Could that and his Twitter bitching (which I never had an issue with) be a storyline waiting to happen?

They signed a one-year deal with YouTube and chose not to renew.

What was the point of Ziggler and Jericho being in the match so long if they just get eliminated like scrubs?
Because the WWE has a glass ceiling, and Dolph was allowed to reach it during the Rumble, but not break it, because only Cena can break the ceiling. No. Cena IS the glass ceiling.

Punk was right.

I have no idea why you guys are saying the last 2 matches were bad.

Bad endings always make everything that preceded them seem that much worse. The Rumble was fine, but underwhelming, although I've never been the biggest fan of the Rumble match. The real kicker was the final 3 being the 3 superhero face stars that WWE have seen fit to shove down the audiences throats ad nauseum. Punk vs Rock was good, but Punk deserves most of that credit. The trouble was that Rock's quick, two move comeback cheapened what had, up to that point, been a decisive and dominating performance from Punk. Also, the title is only on Rock so Cena can get his win back and get his title back without actually defeating Punk. Meh.

What was the point of Ziggler and Jericho being in the match so long if they just get eliminated like scrubs?

To swerve you. You will watch the matches they want you to see and cheer for the guys they want you to cheer for.

The match between Rock and Punk was actually pretty bad for those two. Rock just needs to rest every 3 min. Seriously get in shape Rock hit the gym

ghostmind

With Punk tweeting #SOIA right before the show, and the weird attitude he had, especially at the start of the match, I wonder if the last-minute rewrites struck again?

Punk/rock is this years Brock/cena

No way. Nothing in that match comes close to Brock launching to the moon over the ropes. Rock/Punk was a standard main event match with a table botch and 30 seconds of screen blackout. Brock/Cena had the feeling of a good car crash before the crappy ending. Rock/Punk never felt special IMO.

No way. Nothing in that match comes close to Brock launching to the moon over the ropes. Rock/Punk was a standard main event match with a table botch and 30 seconds of screen blackout.

The ending reminded me of that match. Cena getting beatan within an inch ofhis life only to hit the AA(his only offensive move)

Same thing with the people elbow

Judderman

drawer by drawer

They only had a one-year deal with YouTube.

Looking back, Punk's run was pretty awesome. If someone told you that CM Punk would be WWE Champion for 400+ days when he first debuted on WWECW, you'd probably laugh in their face. And that it took a legend like The Rock to end it really puts a great end to it, I'd rather have it be him than Cena. Sure he wasn't "booked like a champion" for a good chunk of it but at least he tried to work with what they dealt him.

Thanks for the memories, Punk.

I really hope that Elimination Chamber throws a wrench in the whole Cena/Rock II thing, but who I am kidding? That would not be predictable, and WWE doesn't do unpredictable.

Jitters

Bad endings always make everything that preceded them seem that much worse. The Rumble was fine, but underwhelming, although I've never been the biggest fan of the Rumble match. The real kicker was the final 3 being the 3 superhero face stars that WWE have seen fit to shove down the audiences throats ad nauseum. Punk vs Rock was good, but Punk deserves most of that credit. The trouble was that Rock's quick, two move comeback cheapened what had, up to that point, been a decisive and dominating performance from Punk. Also, the title is only on Rock so Cena can get his win back and get his title back without actually defeating Punk. Meh.
I didn't really care for the finals of the rumble either. I would have preferred Ziggler in the final two, but those were the top stars. And who better to have in the finals than the top stars? You may be tired of those guys, but the crowd isn't.(Though I don't think they care too much for Ryback.)

As for the main event, of course Punk controlled the match. He is the heel, it is what heels do, and it made him look great. People aren't going to see that Punk lost in two moves, they are going to see that he had one of the longest reigns in the modern era and only The Rock could beat him, and just barely, at that. Now some times, yes, losing like that can make you look bad. As seen those two weeks Cena absolutely squashed Ziggler, but that did not happen tonight. Punk looked good.

They only had a one-year deal with YouTube.

Looking back, Punk's run was pretty awesome. If someone told you that CM Punk would be WWE Champion for 400+ days when he first debuted on WWECW, you'd probably laugh in their face. And that it took a legend like The Rock to end it really puts a great end to it, I'd rather have it be him than Cena. Sure he wasn't "booked like a champion" for a good chunk of it but at least he tried to work with what they dealt him.

Thanks for the memories, Punk.

What memories? What did Punk even do?

Ithil

I didn't really care for the finals of the rumble either. I would have preferred Ziggler in the final two, but those were the top stars. And who better to have in the finals than the top stars? You may be tired of those guys, but the crowd isn't.(Though I don't think they care too much for Ryback.)

As for the main event, of course Punk controlled the match. He is the heel, it is what heels do, and it made him look great. People aren't going to see that Punk lost in two moves, they are going to see that he had one of the longest reigns in the modern era and only The Rock could beat him, and just barely, at that. Now some times, yes, losing like that can make you look bad. As seen those two weeks Cena absolutely squashed Ziggler, but that did not happen tonight. Punk looked good.

More of the crowd was booing Cena than was cheering him. That's a crowd tired of a wrestler.

That Cena vs. Brock match was pretty damn good. I'd probably have that as my number 2 match of last year. They really beat the shit out of each other.

No way. Nothing in that match comes close to Brock launching to the moon over the ropes. Rock/Punk was a standard main event match with a table botch and 30 seconds of screen blackout. Brock/Cena had the feeling of a good car crash before the crappy ending. Rock/Punk never felt special IMO.

Brock/Cena may be one of my favorite matches of all time (except for the ending). I can't remember the last time I had my eyes glued to a match like that.

The crowd was dead after ziggler was elimated.

Punk controlled the match because rock need like 10 rest holds. Rock look gassed for a good part of the match

zychi

Banned
JBL really needs to decide whether to be a heel or neutral. He was totally defending the lights out attack and then furiously kissing Rock's ass after he won the title. Pick a side, bro.
rock is the heel now. jbl did what he was told. the whole point is to put cena over

Ithil

Well then why does he sell so much merchandise and get the best ratings?

Because he is forced into that role. He is put on the front of everything, they make sure he is booked beyond everything, he gets every promotion, he is physically pushed into the "top guy" role. Kids are malleable, you tell them for 7 years that Cena is the greatest, they believe it.

He is not the biggest because he's the most loved, he's the biggest because they cut everyone else's legs off and gave Cena stilts.

hj5v.gif

Ithil

"Love him or hate him, no one gets a reaction from the WWE Universe™ like John Cena!" /MichaelCole

Clearly only pure dead silence can slay the beast.

You know what I would chant, and would have crowds chant if I could? Just "Go away". Not even mentioning his name in the chant, or waiting for the kids to chant for him, the whole adult crowd chanting "Go away" nonstop while Cena is the only one in the ring.

Ithil

I like how they attracted all those folk back with Rock as champ, and instantly blew it with the prospect of Cena being the benefactor.

Bowser

WWE.com has posted a video with Vince McMahon following tonight's Royal Rumble PPV, and during the video McMahon announced he will be calling Paul Heyman out to the ring tomorrow night on Raw to give him a performance review.

What? WTF does that even mean? God I'm so tired of this bullshit

I hope this leads to Bork fucking up Vince

I won my first GAF rumble today (and the first I entered) but it was soured by the fact that Cena won the Rumble...

I wonder if CM Punk will ever get his wish of Main-Eventing Wrestlemania. It surely won't happen this year...

"WWE and Brock Lesnar have come to terms for a new two year deal. Lesnar will be locked in to the company through Wrestlemania 31.

Lesnar's current existing deal was set to expire at Wrestlemania 29."

From PWInsider.

For some reason I really want to see Brock feud with Bryan at some point.

Kaladin

"WWE and Brock Lesnar have come to terms for a new two year deal. Lesnar will be locked in to the company through Wrestlemania 31.

From PWInsider.

You won't. We'll get vs Hunner, Punk, Undertaker, and maybe another if we're lucky.

From PWInsider.

I wonder how much he has to work? It'd really help them if he had to do every Raw and PPV.

Bowser

Guess Jericho will be here for the next few months:

Chris Jericho has signed a new short-term deal with WWE and will be working for the company full-time through Wrestlemania 29, according to multiple sources. The two sides quietly came to a deal a few weeks ago I am told.

WWE has put a video online with Jericho and Dolph Ziggler going back and forth, so that appears to be the direction they are going in with him.

WWE has already released a new t-shirt for Jericho.

From PWInsider

Ithil

What? WTF does that even mean? God I'm so tired of this bullshit

I hope this leads to Bork fucking up Vince

Means he's going to call Paul fat, maybe have a face bully him, and waste everyone's time. Just to assure any people who came back for the Rumble that Rock winning the title doesn't mean shit, it's still Vince's toybox where he acts out his idiotic fantasies instead of making a TV show.

Top Bottom