• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Aiii

So not worth it
Goldust and Jericho were really surprising. Very well done.

Esp. since Dustin was fired from WWE last year, I even told someone in the RR thread to not expect him as a entrant. Even better that he stayed in for a while and had the stuff with Cody, very cool stuff.

If they really do go for a Cody/Dustin WM match I'd be suprised, but I would love it.

jred2k

Alright so during the Rumble, what feuds kicked off?

Ziggler/Jericho again
Bo Dallas (who I will call "Ballas") and Wade Barruh
Cody/Goldy
Kane/Bryan possibly

Anything else I missed?

I hope Cody/Goldy doesn't transpire into anything, at least for a while. If they were to split Rhode Scholars right now its would completely decimate the tag division. I'm surprised the titles didn't change last night, but now that the seed of distrust has been planted in Hell No they will definitely be dropping them soon. I wouldn't be too shocked to see a rematch tonight or possibly at EC.

I guess they could also have the Shield take the tag belts and have Rhode Scholars split. That leaves Sandow by himself and in a nowhere feud with Kofi or R-Truth.

McNei1y

I don't think it can be stressed enough how tired people are of John Cena. Its nothing against him, but at how he is being booked. A better way to book it would have been for both Cena and Ryback eliminating each other at the end.. Thus drawing out the uncertainty as to who will go to WM till after EC.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't mind Cena if he weren't Cena status right now... but unfortunately it's 8 years too late for me to even have any excitement for him. And with the way it's going, it doesn't look like there will be any change.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also mark your sources as bullshit if they reported Shelton Benjamin, MVP, or Carlito as returning.

Was sad to see no Mark Henry, but if ADR moves on from Show, a heel Henry would be awesome to have feud with ADR.

jmdajr

wow!

Thank You DDP.

jmdajr

That's right. DDP Yoga is fo' real. But it's more than just the yoga. DDP (author of Positively Page) is a huge force of positivity in a dark time.

Absolutely. I remember I had a little low point in a my life and the YOGA classes were not enough to get me out of my stump. People man. You need good people in your life.

BFIB

After seeing those before/after pics of Jake, I was hoping for a surprise appearance at the Rumble. One DDT, that's all I need to see.

jmdajr

After seeing those before/after pics of Jake, I was hoping for a surprise appearance at the Rumble. One DDT, that's all I need to see.

Lets face it, Jake probbaly has some awesome genes. How mean how the fuck could he still be alive? Imagine if he had taken care of himself? Probably could live till 100!

Ydahs

Really, Heyman's two cheap shot clubbings to the back was too much for you? He just took a few cheap shots. It wasn't like he was beating on Rock with a chair or putting Punk's foot on the ropes during a pin. It was just a few cheap shots from a portly manager.
Heyman's cheap shots? In isolation, no.

None of it was "too much", but it wasn't handled well overall. I mean, Rock vs CM Punk. It should have been a classic, but it was far from it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I want Legends house or whatever to be a reality. I want the Ultimate Warrior, Jake, Iron Sheik, Hacksaw and Koko B. Ware living in a house with cameras on 24/7.

BFIB

Heyman's cheap shots? In isolation, no.

None of it was "too much", but it wasn't handled well overall. I mean, Rock vs CM Punk. It should have been a classic, but it was far from it.

I thought the match was great, but the ending was poor.

Bowser

Potential Jericho WM feud spoilers:

F4Wonline.com is reporting it's very possible Chris Jericho will
turn heel before WrestleMania.

One discussion has been for him to feud with Dolph Ziggler until Elimination Chamber and then turn heel. Once he turns heel, a possible WrestleMania feud and opponent for him is Ryback.

Actually wouldn't mind this. Would be an interesting and fresh feud.

I was coming in to post this. I am pumped for it! If anyone can make
the ryback
look good it'll be Jericho.

Ryback
has been very fortunate to be looking very good in recent matches in TLC and RAW thanks to the workers involved. Plus I think he's slowly but surely getting better in general. I don't get the "I'm scared for the other person" feeling i used to get when watching his matches

Hightower

Banned
Wouldn't be able to tell from last night's show. Dude was a hit.

The sports bar I was in popped HUGE for him and the groan when he was eliminated was by far the most vocal.

The guy came back and worked a very solid 40+ minutes and was the MVP of that match.

Enfinit

Oh great, Jericho is back. Yay (says no one)

Your returns are the worst, Chris.

Yea, I mean he only got the biggest pop of the night and was arguably the focal point of the whole Rumble. And his promo with Ziggler after the show was total shit, right?

Please. His last run might've sucked, but give credit where credit is due.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, I mean he only got the biggest pop of the night and was arguably the focal point of the whole Rumble. And his promo with Ziggler after the show was total shit, right?

Please.

I missed this, he had a promo?

Ithil

Still in fantastic shape.

Crowd: "You still got it."
Chris: "I never lost it baby!"

Really outside a botched Walls of Jericho on Cena, it was a solid performance.

45 minutes in Rumble at full speed, having not wrestled for months. That's just a great performance, especially when Rock is pretty much the same age and was gasping for air for most of his match.

45 minutes in Rumble at full speed, having not wrestled for months. That's just a great performance, especially when Rock is pretty much the same age and was gasping for air for most of his match.[/QUOTEe}

the power of DDP yoga. DDP was the real winner of the rumble

Top Bottom