• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

McNei1y

I love Jericho and that was classic Jericho "I NEVER LOST IT BABY!!". Damn he's good.

I really need a gif/video of Cena "selling" the botched walls. It was hilarious.

I would really want to see a Jericho/Bryan match. I was going nuts when they were fighting for a bit last night.

Ithil

I love Jericho and that was classic Jericho "I NEVER LOST IT BABY!!". Damn he's good.

I really need a gif/video of Cena "selling" the botched walls. It was hilarious.

I would really want to see a Jericho/Bryan match. I was going nuts when they were fighting for a bit last night.

God damn yes, that's a WM match that needs to happen, that would steal the show.

Agreed, I can't understand why the dolts can't see this. It's not that Rock ended Punk's reign, as shitty as that is IMO, it's that the end game is for the Rock to drop the title to Cena. Why? What in fuck does that accomplish?

Unfortunately, this is the end result here, and it sucks. I don't think I will be ordering WM this year.

Mengetsu

Was lurking while watching and now that I'v gotten some sleep some of the sour taste has washed off after that horrendous PPV. I have not felt this indeffrent about WWE since I started watching it again. A strong WWE title streak wasted and given to a person who is not even a part timer and to top it all off he wins with a People's elbow?! A rock bottom at least. Losing to a move like that made Punk look super weak and had no impact what so ever it was like a mouse farting just saddening. A the RR....Listen..I respect Cena I really do but seriously? I came back to watch WWE for the new Blood. It feels like I never left 12 years ago...WM looks to be so bad at this point. I don't see how they can save Punk at this point after such an abysmal loss. The Shield is the last thing they can do with him for a fight at this point but, he's better then that. If Raw don't show me anything tonight I'm taking my first break in 2 years. I personally hope they do something with Ambrose soon to keep me watching.

Eidan

Agreed, I can't understand why the dolts can't see this. It's not that Rock ended Punk's reign, as shitty as that is IMO, it's that the end game is for the Rock to drop the title to Cena. Why? What in fuck does that accomplish?

Time to start moving some new "The CHAMP IS HERE" shirts.

They gave the Belt to a part timer lol lol, Punk is the man because you know Cena would have kept the Belt last night if he was the champ...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They gave the Belt to a part timer lol lol, Punk is the man because you know Cena would have kept the Belt last night if he was the champ...

The reason they did it because his other part time job will notice that belt!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's the most disappointing time of the year
When nobodies selling
and everyone is yelling in jeers
It's the most disappointing time of the year
It's the most predictable season of them all
With those legends returning and gay joke promos
With Cena winning it all
It's the most predictable season of them all

This is good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when Mr. Perfect became world champion?

Me niether.

Well at least he got to main event against Hulk Hogan.

You can be amazing and legendary and never touch the gold - except Ziggler briefly did, but that's not the point.

Does my love of Mr. Perfect diminish any when confronted with the fact he was never world champion? No. And he's recognized as one of the best. Same with Rick Rude.

Keep on keepin' on Dolph, you don't need a belt to bump.

Linkhero1

Remember when Mr. Perfect became world champion?

Me niether.

Well at least he got to main event against Hulk Hogan.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to continue watching this horseshit after Mania. They have some top notch talent like Cesaro, Barrett, Bryan and Ziggy, but they can't balance anything properly and give Cena all the spotlight. As much as I'm a fan of The Rock, he shouldn't have won last night. But yeah, it's all for Cena.

You can be amazing and legendary and never touch the gold - except Ziggler briefly did, but that's not the point.

Does my love of Mr. Perfect diminish any when confronted with the fact he was never world champion? No. And he's recognized as one of the best. Same with Rick Rude.

Keep on keepin' on Dolph, you don't need a belt to bump.

Agreed. I'd just like to see him up there :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to continue watching this horseshit after Mania. They have some top notch talent like Cesaro, Barrett, Bryan and Ziggy, but they can't balance anything properly and give Cena all the spotlight. As much as I'm a fan of The Rock, he shouldn't have won last night. But yeah, it's all for Cena.

Agreed. I'd just like to see him up there :(

NJPW is here for you.

EDIT: New page:
DZ+WHC.jpg

Hightower

Banned
Was lurking while watching and now that I'v gotten some sleep some of the sour taste has washed off after that horrendous PPV. I have not felt this indeffrent about WWE since I started watching it again. A strong WWE title streak wasted and given to a person who is not even a part timer and to top it all off he wins with a People's elbow?! A rock bottom at least. Losing to a move like that made Punk look super weak and had no impact what so ever it was like a mouse farting just saddening. A the RR....Listen..I respect Cena I really do but seriously? I came back to watch WWE for the new Blood. It feels like I never left 12 years ago...WM looks to be so bad at this point. I don't see how they can save Punk at this point after such an abysmal loss. The Shield is the last thing they can do with him for a fight at this point but, he's better then that. If Raw don't show me anything tonight I'm taking my first break in 2 years. I personally hope they do something with Ambrose soon to keep me watching.

Look I may not be happy that Punk's not the champ.. but you have to remember this is a publicly traded company and the focus is strictly on the bottom line.

And if you're trying to get the most buys and money possible, who do you go with?
You go with the 2 biggest names you have. Unfortunately, one of those is not Punk.

One is a solidified Hollywood star that will attract more eyes to the product that normally couldn't give the slightest shit. The other is their biggest current name and biggest draw.

At the end of the day, you GOTTA do what's right for business.

Punk will get the belt again soon. Cena will retire sooner than you think because he's getting broken down, and new talents will have to rise up and fill the spots that open.

jmdajr

You know that "Thanks Obama" meme?

It should be the "Thanks Cena " meme.

He's ruining moments that haven't even happened yet.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
All I know is that people were absolutely convinced that Cena was winning last year, and then Rock won. They're obviously not shy about having Cena lose at WM, so why are people so convinced he's going to win this year? Just because he won the Rumble? I mean really, who gives a shit if he wins the title? Just don't watch, it's that simple. And if he loses, then hooray I guess!

What the hell are you talking about of course Cena's going to win. The WWE would be stupid to not have that happen whether I want to see it or not.

jmdajr

Punk will get the belt again soon. Cena will retire sooner than you think because he's getting broken down, and new talents will have to rise up and fill the spots that open.

Maybe when Cena is done we will have the end of the 2nd Hulk Hogan era and have a bit more balance in the product. I don't hate Cena as much as others but there is nothing for him to prove unless they want him to beat Stone Cold and Undertaker too.

KissVibes

Banned
He's a midcarder for life, last night was just a reminder that he'll never be a draw.

BECAUSE HE NEVER GET'S THE CHANCE TO BE OVER. Everytime things seem to be looking up he gets dragged down by awful booking and storylines. Hell, he's spent most of his run with the most hated woman in wrestling, and not because she's a good heel but because she's annoying and terrible at everything.

Last night he had chants and the crowd went noticeably quieter when he was eliminated. He will hopefully have his time in the sun soon and prove to everyone he can draw and be a legitimate champion.

Edit: AND ZIGGLERS BROTHER WILL GET OVER TOO.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
All I know is that people were absolutely convinced that Cena was winning last year, and then Rock won. They're obviously not shy about having Cena lose at WM, so why are people so convinced he's going to win this year? Just because he won the Rumble? I mean really, who gives a shit if he wins the title? Just don't watch, it's that simple. And if he loses, then hooray I guess!

I swear, sometimes the IWC acts like they've just lost their life savings anytime a big PPV ends without the results they desire.

Technically Rock - Cena doesn't even have to happen.

Cena could challenge ADR. Rock could lose his title at EC.

But everybody in the world knows neither of those 2 things will happen.

Bowser

Look I may not be happy that Punk's not the champ.. but you have to remember this is a publicly traded company and the focus is strictly on the bottom line.

And if you're trying to get the most buys and money possible, who do you go with?
You go with the 2 biggest names you have. Unfortunately, one of those is not Punk.

One is a solidified Hollywood star that will attract more eyes to the product that normally couldn't give the slightest shit. The other is their biggest current name and biggest draw.

At the end of the day, you GOTTA do what's right for business.

It's really fucking amazing to me (ok no it's not, it's Vince) how bad they botched Summer of Punk II. For god's sake, Punk was getting insane mainstream buzz, he was on Bill Simmons' BS Report, he was Jimmy Kimmel, he was on the front page of fucking ESPN.com! Just incredible how badly it was botched.

Picture_7.png

When are we ever going to see something like that again? Hm?

Linkhero1

I'm sure Rock has won titles with the People's Elbow before. Why is everyone up in arms about it?

Because he was in terrible condition and CM Punk was still in good enough condition when the match restarted. All The Rock did was a People's Elbow and that's enough to take out someone in good enough condition? I mean if he did it after beating him down, I wouldn't have really complained.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BECAUSE HE NEVER GET'S THE CHANCE TO BE OVER. Everytime things seem to be looking up he gets dragged down by awful booking and storylines. Hell, he's spent most of his run with the most hated woman in wrestling, and not because she's a good heel but because she's annoying and terrible at everything.

Last night he had chants and the crowd went noticeably quieter when he was eliminated. He will hopefully have his time in the sun soon and prove to everyone he can draw and be a legitimate champion.

I dunno man. I mean, Jericho put him over on his last exit, and now he's coming back apparently to rekindle that, though I'd rather see Ryback/Jericho they'll at least address Ziggler/Jericho. I don't think he's just not a good draw, I think his unique positioning in the company forces him to not be capable of being a draw. He can get heat, but not a huge amount without a manager or assistant. Some of this was because he was saddled with Vickie so long, who is a goddamn heel genius, but...

I just don't know if Dolph can ever be put in the right position to take it to the next level.

Cagey

Banned
It's really fucking amazing to me (ok no it's not, it's Vince) how bad they botched Summer of Punk II. For god's sake, Punk was getting insane mainstream buzz, he was on Bill Simmons' BS Report, he was Jimmy Kimmel, he was on the front page of fucking ESPN.com! Just incredible how badly it was botched.

Picture_7.png

When are we ever going to see something like that again? Hm?

The Rock will be on various talk shows, belt in tow, laying some verbal smacketh down, in coming days and weeks.

Punk earned much "cooler" attention, but The Rock is going to get much more mainstream attention than anyone else in the company could dream of getting.

...and it's all to level up Cena some more

Because he was in terrible condition and CM Punk was still in good enough condition when the match restarted. All The Rock did was a People's Elbow and that's enough to take out someone in good enough condition? I mean if he did it after beating him down, I wouldn't have really complained.

I guess I can see that. But in a world where an FU out of nowhere usually wins a natch, it seems overly sensitive to care about a huge move winning a match, regardless of how absurd the move actually is.

jmdajr

I was surprised he won with that move instead of Rock Bottom. It's cool when he uses it on MIZ though. Miz should lose with an atomic drop.

Linkhero1

I guess I can see that. But in a world where an FU out of nowhere usually wins a natch, it seems overly sensitive to care about a huge move winning a match, regardless of how absurd the move actually is.

I know, especially after the I Quit Match between Cena and the Miz and the match between Cena and Bork. This company I tell ya.

Bowser

The Rock will be on various talk shows, belt in tow, laying some verbal smacketh down, in coming days and weeks.

Punk earned much "cooler" attention, but The Rock is going to get much more mainstream attention than anyone else in the company could dream of getting.

...and it's all to level up Cena some more

The difference is Rock is a part-timer, Punk does this full time. Rock being on some talk shows will bring some casuals in to check out a few eps, hell maybe even order WM, and then they'll all be gone once the title is dropped to Cena. And then WWE's right back in the same rut it's been in for the past, what, 8-10 years?

Just doesn't make sense. Everyone's so focused on the past and wrestlers of yesterday and no one seems to have an eye for the future. It's why we keep getting matches like Bork/Cena, Bork/HHH, Rock/Cena, Taker/HHH - none of this helps the future of the WWE. When these guys are gone wtf do you do then? At least when Jericho comes back he's always putting over the new blood - Punk, Ziggler, now maybe
Ryback at WM
. It's like he's the only one that gets it.

Frustrating.

Top Bottom