• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

jmdajr

d71Qd_zps9a7d922d.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Sunflower buys the $5 iPPV.

Money, money...money.

I have a real hard time keeping engagements. Friday evening - I'll see what I can do. If you see me playing Euro Truck Sim 2 on Steam or Planetside 2 slap me with a message and I'll get it on it.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
The Heyman stable with Brock/Punk/Shield intrigues me, but its only a matter of time before the Supers of the WWE take them out.

I hope Punk had no idea of the Mad Ox/Shield involvement and they start building toward Punk/Rollins and Punk/Ambrose down the line. Those would be barn burner matches.

Also, helps keep Punk in the title scene for a while with even more drama around the storyline.

I still hope that Rock was involved as well. It would really make a good reason to boo him, keep Cena as a face for the feud, and work off Punk's "grey area" heel persona that caters to those who cheer him over Cena.

Then Rock can sunset with WWE and we can get back to core talent as the focus.

Laserfrog

Money, money...money.

I have a real hard time keeping engagements. Friday evening - I'll see what I can do. If you see me playing Euro Truck Sim 2 on Steam or Planetside 2 slap me with a message and I'll get it on it.

You got yourself a deal.

I'm making a list

Cool people who have promised to watch $5 Wrestling

1. Me
  2. Booooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
  3. Sunflower

A word of warning, this list is legally binding.

Kaladin

I would watch $5 Wrestling Live, but I work when it airs.....and I mean actually work. I get off at 9pm, which means I'm closing 8pm - 9pm and I'm not home till 9:20, and I have already missed half the show.

I'd rather spend that $2.50 on a PBR.

jmdajr

Hmm. Someone brought up the idea that one of the Elimination Chamber matches might be 3 on 3. Shield vs Cena,Sheamus,Ryback.

the other being for the WHC, or at least a shot at it.

Ithil

Hmm. Someone brought up the idea that one of the Elimination Chamber matches might be 3 on 3. Shield vs Cena,Sheamus,Ryback.

Sheamus would probably lose, but Cena? And Ryback? Not a chance, The Shield would be doomed.

strobogo

Banned
I'm kind of surprised The Shield haven't been sent back in a box marked NXT. For real. I can't believe they've been doing this for 3 months with no advancement at all. It's like Aces and 9s.

Penguin

I imagine a shot
Looks like may be running with Del Rio/Big Show one more time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of surprised The Shield haven't been sent back in a box marked NXT. For real. I can't believe they've been doing this for 3 months with no advancement at all. It's like Aces and 9s.

They do need to QUICKLY do something significant with them in order to keep their momentum.

Bowser

That's what I thought. I think the EC card is playing out like this:

WWE Championship
The Rock (c) vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship - No DQ/Last Man Standing/some stipulation
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Big Show

Elimination Chamber - Grudge Match
The Shield vs Cena/Ryback/Sheamus

Elimination Chamber - WM shot at WHC
Ziggler vs Jericho vs Orton vs Barrett vs Cesaro vs Miz

Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No (c) vs Rhodes Scholars

Divas Championship
Kaitlyn (c) vs Tamina

Unless the finals for the Intercontinental Cup is at EC (was it announced as such?), that would obviously throw a wrench into the WHC EC match I propose above

I was really excited about the $5 wrestling ppv big then I realized I have a date with a girl I met last week. I was legit bummed after seeing the Freight Train promo. Maybe I can watch on my phone on the date.

Kaladin

They're being wasted as a practically faceless threat that takes out random babyface superstars. Why waste new talent debuts on a gimmick like this when they could put anyone in that position?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was really excited about the $5 wrestling ppv big then I realized I have a date with a girl I met last week. I was legit bummed after seeing the Freight Train promo. Maybe I can watch on my phone on the date.

You know what to do. If she can't enjoy some $5 wrestling...

They're being wasted as a practically faceless threat that takes out random babyface superstars. Why waste new talent debuts on a gimmick like this when they could put anyone in that position?
they're not being wasted at all, they're whole existence is to eventually be fed to Cena or Ryback to make them look stronger.

Penguin

It's a little weird to say, and I know why they do it.. but I feel like the WWE should scale back on production values at times.

I was thinking about it during the SHIELD's attack on Cena. IF you're coming in from the crowd, how does someone know to cue up your music and the likes? They should just have them come through the crowd and wait for the audience to react.

The same thing with coming out to help someone. If your music blares through the arena, you won't even have the element of surprise on your side! And when you are outnumbered, you need some type of tactical advantage.

jmdajr

That's what I thought. I think the EC card is playing out like this:

WWE Championship
The Rock (c) vs CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship - No DQ/Last Man Standing/some stipulation
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Big Show

Elimination Chamber - Grudge Match
The Shield vs Cena/Ryback/Sheamus

Elimination Chamber - WM shot at WHC
Ziggler vs Jericho vs Orton vs Barrett vs Cesaro vs Miz

Tag Team Championship
Team Hell No (c) vs Rhodes Scholars

Divas Championship
Kaitlyn (c) vs Tamina

Unless the finals for the Intercontinental Cup is at EC (was it announced as such?), that would obviously throw a wrench into the WHC EC match I propose above

Looks right to me.

It's a little weird to say, and I know why they do it.. but I feel like the WWE should scale back on production values at times.

I was thinking about it during the SHIELD's attack on Cena. IF you're coming in from the crowd, how does someone know to cue up your music and the likes? They should just have them come through the crowd and wait for the audience to react.

The same thing with coming out to help someone. If your music blares through the arena, you won't even have the element of surprise on your side! And when you are outnumbered, you need some type of tactical advantage.
It's part of the magic of wrestlingEntertainment.

Bowser

The only reason I let it slide is cause the Shield has badass music lol

I don't know. For Shield's case, I get hyped up when SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA comes out of the speakers. If they want to do a sneak attack, they'd summon the undertaker's powers via ritual and show up that way. If they're just looking for a fight, then play their music. That said, i do agree about people making the save to their music, though Ryback's music fits for a run in IMO

There's someone in the WWE production crew that just takes any pay off they can get. That's why the Shield can play music/shut off lights, that's why the Miz and Truth could get into that HIAC, that's why the belt was raised that one time.

I Like he shield having music . Gives it that sandman effect of looking for them in the crowd.

Plus their opening stinger is great.

Echo Lima Sierra India Shield

What the fuck. You are such a wimp. Take the girl to the wrestling show you dolt. You don't even deserve her because you are such a coward.
If your talking to me I would to a live show. I'm not going to sit in front of my pc for an ippv on a Friday night at the expense of real plans. I'll watch a replay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the great thing. She's never seen wrestling and she thinks Abra Cadaver and B-Arthur look cool. I'm going to try baby steps and I don't think $5 is that first step!

Do it 100% kayfabe. Marks like that are rare. "Yeah it's all very real! Like UFC!"

Ithil

They're completely different from Nexus and Aces and Eight's, and this is the reason they're not ever going back to NXT, because WWE are firmly behind all three guys in the stable.

It's not like Nexus where they were behind Wade Barrett, maybe a bit behind Otunga (and Vince thought Skip Sheffield could be a star down the road), and the rest were jobbers, or Aces and Eights where every one of them is a jobber.

The folks upstairs (and downstairs, listen to the likes of Regal or Punk) are all behind Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins and think they'll be big stars, which is pretty damn rare for a stable. I think that's the first time that's happened in WWE since Evolution. it shows, too, they've been beaten back, what, twice? Just last night they laid out the three most pushed faces in the WWE at once, it's fun to see heels booked so strongly.

That said, it's definitely time to move onto phase two of the Shield. Just change up the routine, the backstage handheld promos and random attacks were phase one, now give them (by them I mean Ambrose) live mic time and more regular matches.

They're completely different from Nexus and Aces and Eight's, and this is the reason they're not ever going back to NXT, because WWE are firmly behind all three guys in the stable.

It's not like Nexus where they were behind Wade Barrett, maybe a bit behind Otunga (and Vince thought Skip Sheffield could be a star down the road), and the rest were jobbers, or Aces and Eights where every one of them is a jobber.

The folks upstairs (and downstairs, listen to the likes of Regal or Punk) are all behind Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins and think they'll be big stars, which is pretty damn rare for a stable. I think that's the first time that's happened in WWE since Evolution. it shows, too, they've been beaten back, what, twice? Just last night they laid out the three most pushed faces in the WWE at once, it's fun to see heels booked so strongly.

That said, it's definitely time to move onto phase two of the Shield. Just change up the routine, the backstage handheld promos and random attacks were phase one, now give them (by them I mean Ambrose) live mic time and more regular matches.

There needs to be a situation where they get official WWE contracts and can compete in sanctioned matches. Maybe Shield calls a favor to Brock/Heyman to get them officially sanctioned. I also want to say that in recent packages, Seth Rollins has gotten quite good. His NXT return promo I thought was some of his best work to date. Amblows is already really good and Reigns has a great look and in-ring charisma with his beast roars and barking orders at commentary

Bigger question is wha tthey hell they do with MAd Ox. assuming the shield did not throw him off a bridge.

i have a feeling he is the next Raw GM, that or the Shield helps he wina tryout match. he could be a real star if they let him.

Anth0ny

The Sheild development:

*attacks CM Punk's opponent*

"Punk you cheater, you're working with the Shield!"

"No I'm not!"

"No I'm not!"

"No I'm not!"

"No I'm not!"

"Punk you cheater, you're working with the Shield! And we have proof!"

"ok I was"

real exciting

Bowser

According to F4WOnline.com, the current WWE plan remains for
Randy Orton
to face
Sheamus
in a World Title match at WrestleMania 29. With Booker T set to announce the future of the World Title during tonight's Smackdown taping, it's likely that
Alberto Del Rio will drop the title at or before The Elimination Chamber PPV in order to setup Orton vs Sheamus.

Ugh, fuck me

Penguin

There needs to be a situation where they get official WWE contracts and can compete in sanctioned matches. Maybe Shield calls a favor to Brock/Heyman to get them officially sanctioned. I also want to say that in recent packages, Seth Rollins has gotten quite good. His NXT return promo I thought was some of his best work to date. Amblows is already really good and Reigns has a great look and in-ring charisma with his beast roars and barking orders at commentary

Yeah, I'm confused
The SHIELD are official members of the WWE universe right?

I mean Vince booked them at TLC
And Vickie booked them in a match on Raw once.

Bowser

@HulkHogan said:
Brooke works out for 2hrs a day,a fan takes a picture,Brooke love it,tweets back thank u,proud dad tweets it,creeps and perverts everywhere

Need a break from all the haters got more good positive stuff to do,bye see u much later. HH

lol yeah no you're still a creep

Yeah, I'm confused
The SHIELD are official members of the WWE universe right?

I mean Vince booked them at TLC
And Vickie booked them in a match on Raw once.

Hmm good point. Lapse of memory on my part then. They keep acting like theyre some outside force that I forgot they've been in official matches. Maybe they'll start doing 1 v 1s leading to EC or they take the tag belts.

Top Bottom